[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

I think Seok Hoon is trying very hard to make himself believe that he's found a link to his childhood, or that he's found a family member even if has no recollection of the guy. In their longer conversation inside the hospital room, KPD mentioned that they lived in Eohyeon-dong and their house is near the Yocheon River. That drew a blank from the doctor. KPD asked if he remembered their trips to Hornbeam Forest. Another blank. Seok Hoon asked if he had a brother. KPD said no but there was a new kid about his age that became his constant companion. Pity he cannot remember the boy's name. He asked about the fire, and he mentioned it started (?) or burned their house. KPD asked if he sustained any burn scars on his body. Seok Hoon said know. In earlier episodes, KPD said that he'll recognize his son when he meets him. The burn scar on the upper arm's been mentioned. How come that bit of info was not included? He already asked about the scars, why not mention that his son Shin Woo has burn scars on his arm. Then this story can move forward. Please Dr. Han Seok Hoon, end your suffering. You do not have to think if the guy is your father. Do a DNA test and get the concrete proof!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Seok Hoon and Kang Pil Doo are just two desperate people looking for their love ones. Seok Hoon looking for answers from his childhood and Kang Pil Doo looking for his son before he dies. Just like Seok Hoon was received by the Geums ... likewise Seok Hoon will do the same for Kang Pil Doo as well. We have established that this drama ... family is not about bloodline but the people who comes into our lives.

@nrlfan4ever

I love the expression on the faker too! JR was a little apologetic for the "small" wedding and told MH not to be sad. The faker must have something planned and installed for his new bride when she said to JR, "JS is so nice to me. Why should I be sad?" Both Madam Eun and the faker looked disgusted at MH and her reply.

MH who has been to the airport numerous times questioned the faker, "This isn't the way to Incheon..." before he abruptly stopped his car and commanded she gets out.:lol:

On a side note, at around 19:20, Madam Sa asked MH to put her new husband on the phone. The translator put his name down as "Seok Hoon" instead of "Joon Sang" in the subtitles. MH has to lie to her mom telling her "Seok Hoon (at around 19:23)" is in the shower.

Also, I am not a fan of the 'Hanbok' with a modern twist NS wore to the faker's wedding.

I just wish the faker would stop getting himself intoxicated and drunk. It's very bad for his health. He should consider having his marriage annulled. It seems that one common allegation in Korea for proving an annulment is when the declaration of intention to marry has been made by fraud or duress.

I think a skeptical Dr. Han addresses KPD as his "abeoji" because he might want to get him to receive the adequate treatment for his liver cancer because he has refused proper treatment before and even after his hospitalization.

I am also baffled by MH's bionic ears @nrlfan4ever. Ji Sang whose room is supposedly across the faker's, fails to overhear any of the occasional NS and faker's confrontations. It's odd because Ji Sang once barged into the faker's room in the middle of the night to comfort him, when the faker stirred and awoke suddenly from his nightmare.

@sk0317 You're so right. There are many small details that matter that were forgotten by the writer. It's difficult when they weave such a tangled tale, then forget all the previous stuff they've included and wrote in the story. Ji Sang is not a person who goes out at night. He spends most of his time at work or in his room and comes home almost at the same time as his father, mother and faker. If he can hear his brother stir and wake up from a nightmare, he should have heard some of the heated conversations, when voices were raised.

Oh well, MH can sleep on the hard bed that's only a prop and faker can sleep with his brother. Grandma Eun noticed that faker does not like MH. JR does not like her and her mother after the debt collector fiasco. Grandma Eun and Ji Sang do not like Viper 1 and 2 one bit, and Ji Sang's a witness to their viciousness towards Dr. Han and Seol Hwa. I hope he talks to faker soon and ask why he decided to marry Viper 2 when he's so into Seol Hwa. Ji Sang could tell faker first hand info on her and her mother and even her brother, from his own encounters and the things Seol Hwa tells him.

at ep 89, yes its ridiculously funny hilarious, maybe just me
MH looks at her mother why she keep blabbering at after wed, just shut up, its embarrassing.. hahaha
but this mother if she knows the truth about the wedding, how pitiful her daughter, maybe she'll sorry, what she has done so wrong in life, repent, or maybe not, she'll just collaborate with her daughter. hm great
and Joon Sang, get out..get out of my car.. get out of my life.. why does he has to take that desperate choice? to protect Sul Hwa from being hurt, why is she hurt if she know her real mother? dunno. she is already abandoned, what can be more hurt. maybe the fact that her mother live so well
maybe if the secret revealed, NS will be in trouble and as retaliation NS will blown Joon Sang secret and he'll be thrown away to street. but it is MH who will expose the secret, what it has to do with Joon Sang anyway. confuse
but DN part story come to heal the pain, i now realize this part always make me laughing, smiling, and teary with their story
and now DN will face hardship with her motherinlaw, how it will be, looking forward next episode.
oh yeah there is interesting fact KPD saying, another boy living in their house, it must be Dr Han, so Joon Sang bromance with Dr Han hahaha
i get it now how little Joon Sang write his name on sand, Yoon Joon Sang, while NS approaching, so she maybe mistaken.
yes that not so sure part right now so we need to watch till the end
goodluck

2 hours ago, gomugomuno said:

you like Joon Sang right? haha

Not particularly. I feel sorry for any child that suffered abuse. Sure, NS treated him horribly; however, he's been an adult now for quite some time. The guilt he has is not so much that he is lying to the Yoon family but I also think because he knows the real JS is alive. Now, unless the writer screws up my theory, we will see. But he keeps making these terrible decisions now. And for what? To protect SHf from finding out about her real mother? Doubt that. He knows what the real repercussions will be. Now that the Viper B knows about the mother, he knows that if NS is exposed, he too will be. 

54 minutes ago, NewKDramaAddict said:

Not particularly. I feel sorry for any child that suffered abuse. Sure, NS treated him horribly; however, he's been an adult now for quite some time. The guilt he has is not so much that he is lying to the Yoon family but I also think because he knows the real JS is alive. Now, unless the writer screws up my theory, we will see. But he keeps making these terrible decisions now. And for what? To protect SHf from finding out about her real mother? Doubt that. He knows what the real repercussions will be. Now that the Viper B knows about the mother, he knows that if NS is exposed, he too will be. 

wow  so you accusing him its because he doesnt want to be thrown away to the street. yes yes that really logically make sense now. i have been deceived, he is really a snake then..pitiful snake haha

Some writers make their characters appear to be so ignorant. I don't know any doctor in the 21sth century who would not have performed a DNA test to validate that these men were related; especially a man he hasn't seen in over 30 years and don't remember.

Also, I it did make me sad to hear JS father tell Dr. Han that he used to beat him a lot.  How do you physically abuse a 6 year old child--especially a man? I have a feeling that nosy Min Hee will figure out who the real JS first and will probably try to hide it because it means she will lose everything.

I think right now Dr. Han is more determined to have KPD  get some form of treatment so he is not thinking clearly. If the man decides to do it then they will take blood and it will be found out then that Dr. Han is not his son when he goes to look at the chart.  Perhaps having his life extended for a bit is just what is needed for Faker to get over his fear and shock that KPD  is back. He certainly needs to be able to face his abuser and hear the man say he regrets abusing him and be able to move on from that time in his life. Until faker does he will continue to break down at the mention of and face of his real father. Dr. Han will be the one to bring them together I bet. 

Faker being shock should wake him up that if Dr. Han thinks he is his father it stands to reason that Dr. Han is the real possible JS whose life he has been living. It also brings up the real chance of NS's fraud coming out incriminating him and her. Even if faker's reasons for not coming clean when he became of age was because of fear he lived alone long enough to break away from some of the verbal abuse from NS to do the right thing. Just like he could have gone ahead and told the truth and that would have stopped MH from wanting to marry him. It does not take away the fact that the real JS has been out in the world and they did not get a chance to find him because of the fake.

I think they would have been angry but given they are image conscious they would have kept faker because they did grow to care about him and because NS forced him into that roll. It will still be the same even now. Although it will take a moment for them to get over their shock, anger and pain over learning that he is not their blood and the real JS is still out in the world somewhere. The dream from JJ will all make sense then.

As it stands now since MH is listening at doors and Keyholes she will find out that NS brought in a fake and piece together that Dr. Han is more than likely the real missing JS. There is no way in heck she will want that known. Even if faker wants to do the right thing and tell the truth MH will blackmail him to not do so simply because it makes her into a fool. Here she blackmailed her way in only to find out he is not the real Yoonn grandson but also the man she hates who dumped her is. It will all be about pride and ego. IF faker confesses she is out on rear end with him as she is married to the fake. There goes that golden goose she thought she would have. MH will do everything she can to get rid of KPD and stop the truth from being found out. only the more they try to cover it up the more it will come out. I expect them to even fabricate the lie the real JS is dead. But something or someone with Dr. Han's memories will blow that lie up. My guess is with her run in with Seol Hwa MH will let her temper get to her and she will out the fact that NS is her real mother.

4 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I think right now Dr. Han is more determined to have KPD  get some form of treatment so he is not thinking clearly. If the man decides to do it then they will take blood and it will be found out then that Dr. Han is not his son when he goes to look at the chart.  Perhaps having his life extended for a bit is just what is needed for Faker to get over his fear and shock that KPD  is back. He certainly needs to be able to face his abuser and hear the man say he regrets abusing him and be able to move on from that time in his life. Until faker does he will continue to break down at the mention of and face of his real father. Dr. Han will be the one to bring them together I bet. 

I agree with you Dr. Han is not thinking clearly and he told SH his doubts about the confusion surrounding his memories and what he hears from KPD himself.

I just wish he would stop telling people around him (who thought he has finally located his real father) he has found his birth father when nothing concrete (as in a DNA test) has been confirmed. He should have said, "He might be my birth father." instead.

As predicted, MH went to mock and taunt Dr. Han to SH's annoyance, after hearing from Ji Sang he has found his "father". She might even be spiteful and foolish enough to start and spread a rumor about Dr. Han's "father" being an ex-convict and they reconciled when KPD received free consultation and medication at PJ Foundation's mobile clinic. She will be appalled and humiliated later to find out the man she threatened and blackmailed into a marriage is the criminal's real son.

Like @Ldy Gmerm has said before, our very generous and accommodating papa Geum has offered to take KPD in. The Geum's seriously need a bigger house because papa Geum could be taking in Mr. Kim after his release from prison too. He might also receive the faker with open arms after his imposter's veil is unmasked. 

Papa Geum's house is a safe haven and offers warmth, solace and personality "rehabilitation" for people who are/have been hurt and are in need of healing and love.

The Yoon's on the other hand, offer jobs (MH, SH, Dr. Han and SN) and money (repaying Madam Sa's loans and providing a shop space for the Geum's to run their dumpling business). NS got to where she is standing today through her marriage to JR and his connections too.

Maybe the Geum's and the Yoons' could join hands and Mr. Kim, for instance could get employed at one of the Yoon's group of companies after his release. A sad and unconvincing outcome for Mr. Kim who managed to only cause the bankruptcy of his former employer. There is no plea bargain and no charges have been filed and brought against Madam Sa for her other crimes.

I notice that Madam Sa keeps her currency-counting machine in her room.

I think having KPD in the Guem's would also help Dr. Han remember more about his childhood and time in Namwon. KPD asked him if he recalls playing in Hornbeam Forrest which led to Dr. Han having a dream of himself as a lost and confused adult seeing two boys playing tag there. His memory might come back slowly with KPD's "help".

Ji Sang has to be my favorite character in this drama. He is kind, sensitive, considerate, gentle, polite, helpful, filial, warm and caring. He could be a lot like the late JJ although he hasn't heard about or seen her before. He is the real gem in the Yoon's and it really amazes me how well he has turned out and hasn't inherited or been influenced by any of NS's awful and nasty traits. Ji Sang sensed something "strange" going on between SH and Dr. Han after seeing SH concentrating mostly on filming Dr. Han closeup during the mobile clinic launch.

Like MH, Ji Sang is sharp and observant. He is the only one who is still not buying the faker's marriage. During breakfast, he looked at the two-faced MH with suspicion, saying she is a different person at the Yoon's and in the office. He also told SH the faker had a frown on his face at his wedding and he can't understand why he was getting married to MH. He also added he wanted the faker to be happy.

MH's motor mouth let it slipped she had known about the existence of KPD when Ji Sang mentioned Dr. Han has found his birth father. She accidentally said, "Did the two meet after all?" but she hurriedly went on to correct herself by saying, "I mean, they finally met." when Ji Sang asked her "After all?".

Ji Sang (MH too) also noticed how stiff NS becomes when someone were to mention "Namwon".

Ji Sang was the one who filmed Dr. Han with KPD when he first visited the mobile clinic. I know it won't happen but what a nice change it will be, if Ji Sang were the one to put the pieces in the puzzle together to figure out that KPD is the faker's real father. The villain vixen MH will be the one to find out she has married the fake heir after overhearing the faker saying, "I'm so used to living my life as a lie." She has now seen the scar on his right upper arm and at some point, she is going to recall KPD asking her if KSW has a burn scar on his arm.

MH might try to get rid of KPD by using the guilt card and convince him not to be a burden to his son and to stay out of his life. She will promise to help relocate him and pay him off.

Madam Eun must stop drinking MH's Kool-Aid. Her stance toward MH has softened a little as she told herself, "She (MH) is more thoughtful than I thought." and also Madam Eun gave the wife of her 'first grandson', a handkerchief sewn with her hand embroidery stitches. MH was seen looking at the incense pouch and I have a feeling she might steal the incense pouch later on to help her with her schemes.

The faker must now know he has married the devil since MH is still threatening to expose SH's birth secret.  MH is an unlikable character because she is so mean and never had the intention to keep her part of the deal. She continues to use blackmail to get the faker to play along with her games. I have no more words to describe such a spiteful and manipulating woman.

I think you are right to predict that MH will be the one to expose NS's secret in one of her rows with SH. SH has somewhat reverted to her old self as lately, she appears to show some of her feisty side in front of MH.

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I have a feeling that nosy Min Hee will figure out who the real JS first and will probably try to hide it because it means she will lose everything.

That's is my greatest fear. MH seems to hear and see all the clues that will lead to revealing the real JS. Being mean as she is, she will make sure that the information do not get to her in laws...!! The good people are always shown to be blur and shallow, and the cunning ones are always one step ahead to make life miserable for others. ...!

I bet MH will manoeuvre her ways to get Seolhwa out of PJ group and DrHan too by bringing up issues about his criminal father....! The Yoon been so status conscious will let that happened, am pretty sure. So that could be the move both Drhan and Seolhwa will move to work at the dumpling shops.  If that is the direction of writer, I am leaving this drama.  The evil seems to get the upper hand all the time. It would be only through this dumpling that KPD would sort of mention Jin Joo and her son, since he must have tasted the dumplings when Shin Woo used to play with Drhan as a young boy.

i am sure now that faker knows Drhan to be from Namwon and he claimed KPD to be his father, he should be able to recall the real JS as that of Drhan. Faker didn't lose his memories, unless he is too afraid to disclose the truth for fear of upsetting NS. ' A victim's need to survive is more is stronger than his impulse to hate the person who has created the dilemma ' ....it is a defence mechanism of the ego under stress, so faker seems to believe that he is protecting his 'family' by marrying MH and likewise he will not come clean and tell  the truth, because in his mind NS is his saviour.  Twisted mind created by NS .... she is the real culprit in this drama....! Even Jisang noticed that his mother would freeze the minute the word Namwon is mentioned. Hope he helps Seolhwa and Drhan to get the real clues.  

@Iclarakl:    Think HeartDr was living with his mother and struggling financially after Granny disapproved the marriage between she and FoundationDad.   DrHeart's Mom was killed in the fire.  Faker grabbed a kid, FakeHeir, from the burning building, to present to HeartDr's father's (FoundationDad's) family as their kid she miraculously saved from the fire.  Faker and HeartDr's mother grew-up together in the orphanage with DumplingDad.  EXCEPT (da-da-dum (drumroll)) HeartDr managed to escape the fire!  OH NOs!!!   He wandered around alone and was adopted, grew-up in the US.  Of course, this is KDrama, so not only will he be reunited with his bio-dad, FoundationDad, but also his long-lost childhood friend, FakeHeir, who just happens to be impersonating him.  

Isn't it absolutely amazing that HeartDr think FakeHeir's father is his father?  All of this while FakeHeir is usurping HeartDr's llife.  

Faker expects FakeHeir to decline everything from the family business so her son will inherit. Right.  FakeHeir served as the entry ticket and now she wants to tear him up and throw him away.  That's just bad planning. She should have tossed him down the stairs after her kid was born.  Whoops! 

Apparently, Viper2 truly does expect FakeHeir to capitulate and live with her as a married couple.  FakeHeir has other plans.   

Why all the machinations when HeartDr will end-up making dumplings?  

Archived