[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Martial Universe 武动乾坤

sugarplum892

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am finally done !

Ep 39 , 40 thoughts...

Spoiler

The fight scenes against the demon king were quite impressive. But they ended as quickly as they began except the final showdown. Epic. Images of LOTR and HP came to mind. As a fan of duels in fantasy, I was quite pleased.

Noticed that Yáng Yáng dominated screen time here - it was all about his growth spurt. Not complaining but the story became a little lopsided with other characters jumping in and out of his life very contrived.

so many sacrifices were made...sigh, heck, LD went blind. Then, he became the phantom of the opera...lol.  I guess drawing big, black circles on the eyes of the dashing lead would result in terrible backlash from his fans n netizens. He’s not an old guy you can simply vandalize. Tsk.

And gosh, after all the trouble, HH n LD didn’t meet?? I get that it is in character but I feel cheated. So anticlimactic.

The macro bits are done nicely but they really ought to pay attention to the plot. 

Watching this series made me practise my inference skills so I can make sense of the drama missing some of its logic. 

That said, I think I would watch the next 20 eps but would also wait to hear reviews first.

36 minutes ago, rocat said:

I am finally done !

Ep 39 , 40 thoughts...

Reveal hidden contents

The fight scenes against the demon king were quite impressive. But they ended as quickly as they began except the final showdown. Epic. Images of LOTR and HP came to mind. As a fan of duels in fantasy, I was quite pleased.

Noticed that Yáng Yáng dominated screen time here - it was all about his growth spurt. Not complaining but the story became a little lopsided with other characters jumping in and out of his life very contrived.

so many sacrifices were made...sigh, heck, LD went blind. Then, he became the phantom of the opera...lol.  I guess drawing big, black circles on the eyes of the dashing lead would result in terrible backlash from his fans n netizens. He’s not an old guy you can simply vandalize. Tsk.

And gosh, after all the trouble, HH n LD didn’t meet?? I get that it is in character but I feel cheated. So anticlimactic.

The macro bits are done nicely but they really ought to pay attention to the plot. 

Watching this series made me practise my inference skills so I can make sense of the drama missing some of its logic. 

That said, I think I would watch the next 20 eps but would also wait to hear reviews first.

I can understand you, though somethings didn’t make any logic yet I feel craving to watch more of this series! As a savage girl team ; I wished if their love story was better , at least if LD has had a big incident after which he would realize his feeling to Huan Huan ! wished if she went missed for longer duration ! having said that ; still couldn’t believe how much tragedy their story went by at the end ! I was so touched & cried watching them hurting to each other :tears:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 5:29 PM, rocat said:

I think Qing Tan has more hug/hand holding scenes with Lin Dong than the females leads. Heh.

I am at Ep 36 after fwding past the draggy bits and now, like the characters, I feel like I have also cultivated some level of internal strength to watch till the end. Lolz. The eps from 35 on get better if you can tolerate the  melodramatic soliloquies tt somehow bridges holes in the plot till then. Transitions that make me go what? several times an ep are decreasing quite steadily.

Sigh. Yang Yang will be the death of me. Or not.

I was reading his interviews...came across as grounded, ambitious and rather chauvinistic. He also is ultra confident about his appearance to the point of being a tad smug. Good thing he’s still likeable.

I'm just curious,  what interview was that ? I'd like to read it too lol.

22 minutes ago, yunmo19 said:

I'm just curious,  what interview was that ? I'd like to read it too lol.

I think it was GQ 50 questions and Vogue or Bazaar :P

but I cannot recall exactly. If you google ‘Yang Yang interview’ you will see it pop up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 12:24 AM, rocat said:

Hmm.

Is this so bad no one is talking about season 2 that has already started? :P

I just started to watch season 2 and at episode 3... and I'm very very very frustrated with Lin Dong and gang.

Seriously... if Lin Dong and gang gonna be so naive and forever 1 step forward, 2 steps back when dealing with the villian in the story.. I think I'm gonna drop it without completing part 2. 

Plus the foolishness of seeing love as priority and yet making impulsive and foolish mistakes..

Aargh.

ImpossibleAchingErin-small.gif

Will take a break first from this drama and carry on with episode 5 when my tolerance level is better..

On 11/7/2018 at 5:35 PM, mrsj3n said:

I just started to watch season 2 and at episode 3... and I'm very very very frustrated with Lin Dong and gang.

I gave up watching but read recaps now for closure. I was exasperated after the foxes.

A bearded Yang Yang couldn’t hold me :lol:

Add to that:

The grating helplessness as the hero of the show due to circumstances rather nonsensical. It is not as if there are no issues to solve already and we have MoRe characters popping up, contrived plot twists, new magic levels concocted, adding to the confusion. 

I just cannot fathom what went through the minds of the actors in the show. It had so much promise. 

• 6 months later...

i don't think lin dong decide any of the girls. i think huan huan that showed in the desert was fatamorgana. It was followed similarly with how the story of lin dong in great ruler where lin dong search the remnant of huan huan and both of the girls are married with lin qing zhu having the daughter first because huan-huan went missing after her sacrifice during battle against emperor yimo

Archived