[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

16 hours ago, didi31 said:

Hi everybody,

I asked this on Onehallyu forum but I ask it here as well... I'm curious^^

Does anyone know if the director Oh Choong-Hwan is a good or not?

Because it's important to have a good director too, although the screenwriter is good, the director can still ruined a drama (or a character) by badly directing his actors/actresses.

So if anyone has seen "Doctors", can you give me your opinion about this director please? Thanks :)

Among all his works, I saw only "My Love From the Star" but he was only the second director here right?, the main director was Jang Tae-Yoo so idk...

I start watching Doctors without any knowledge about director. But first 2 episodes were so well edited and cinematography was so pretty, so grabbed my attention. When the story went into hospital, I lost interest and stopped. But overall I can say Director did good job:)

Btw, just dropping by to say Hi^_^

• Like 6

Bae Suzy, Lee Jong Suk stars in upcoming drama ‘While You Were Sleeping’

By Riezel / 2016.11.29

suzy-bae-and-lee-jong-suk-will-star-in-the-new-sbs-drama-while-you-were-sleeping-slated-for-release-in-2017.jpg

Suzy Bae and Lee Jong Suk will star in the new SBS drama 'While You Were Sleeping' slated for release in 2017

Its official! Miss A's Suzy and Lee Jong Suk will star in the new drama "While You Were Sleeping." However, it took some time for Suzy to finally accept her new role.

After her debut drama "Dream High" in 2011, the 22-year old actress will be working again with writer Park Hye Ryun after six years. In a report by Soompi, Suzy's new drama will be directed by PD Oh Choong Hwan - director of the hit dramas "Doctors" starring Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye and Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun's "My Love From The Star."

Reports revealed that the drama's filming will begin early next year, however, specific dates regarding the drama's airing schedule have yet to be determined. "While You Were Sleeping" is currently a working for the new SBS drama.

As reported by Korea Portal, the new SBS drama tells the story of a prosecutor (Lee) who does everything in his power to prevent a woman's (Suzy) dreams of turning into reality. "While You Were Sleeping" is slated for release sometime in 2017.

Spoiler

Meanwhile, the two stars have worked against each other in their recent small screen dramas early this year. It is worth noting that Lee's "W - Two Worlds," and Suzy's "Uncontrollably Fond" are in a close ratings battle.

Lee's starred in the web series alongside Han Hyo Joo, which tells the love story between a human and a comic character from the comics "W." While Suzy's "Uncontrollably Fond" co-starring Kim Woo Bin tells the story of a top star who was reunited with his first love.

Both dramas aired in the same timeslot in competing channels from July to September. "W - Two Worlds" wrapped up with 9.3 percent viewership rating, while, "Uncontrollably Fond" ended with 8.4 percent.

Source: http://www.asiastarz.com/articles/16587/20161129/bae-suzy-lee-jong-suk-stars-upcoming-drama-sleeping.htm

• Like 4

Miss A Suzy Confirmed for "While You Were Sleeping - 2017" with Lee Jong-suk

photo789477.jpg

Girl group miss A member Suzy has confirmed that she will be joining the cast of the upcoming SBS drama, "While You Were Sleeping - 2017" with Lee Jong-suk.

iHQ revealed on November 28 that this drama will air next year and will feature a storyline written by Park Hye-ryeon and produced by Oh Choong-wan.

Suzy first met with Park Hye-ryeon through her first acting role in the drama, "Dream High".

iHQ also revealed that they will have completed all necessary steps this year in order to begin filming the drama next year.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/miss-a-suzy-confirmed-for-while-you-were-sleeping--2017-with-lee-jong-suk-100927.html

• Like 5

Super super excited for this drama >///< <3 Something to look forward to in 2017!

I know a lot of people don't like Suzy's acting or this pairing but everyone, please, let's stay positive and supportive!
Hating on one of the actors/actresses doesn't help this drama production at all, we should all be supportive and wish for this
drama to be successful! 

Remember, one single actor/actress cannot and never will ruin a drama and vice versa. Like someone stated earlier, a successful drama
includes so many factors: the filming crew, directing, actors, writer, sound effects, etc, (it is a large production!)
A crappy story w/ veteran actors =/= success guaranteed but same goes for the opposite!

I want to believe in the entire production team that they will do the best. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, skuukzky Fan said:

any update second leads?? oo i hope seo woo got casted jeballl

No news yet... it has been quiet for a while. We'll probably have to wait till next year for further updates. 

0066m5Kigw1fao6sdkyyhj309c0cx76m.jpg

Cr: DC

[Fan Edit] Lee Jong Suk for SBS Upcoming Drama "While You Were Sleeping"

• Like 4

Thank you so much my chingu-deul for creating this thread!  @ilwoo_aein

This news actually drew me from my slumber from Kdrama, esp the forums, still laying low due to health reasons.

I am so happy that Sukkie will have a new drama soon... we're a few days shy of 2017 hehehe!

I have to say I am not very happy that Suzy will be the female lead as I was hoping it would be as mentioned earlier the likes of Moon Chae Won, Kang Sora and Park Min Young.

Tho I am still partial to Suzy because of Dream High.  I can never not like her but if given the choice, well, you know what I mean.

and of course I have expectations of this drama because of PHR!!!

waves @evie7 @stargazer187 @Rania Zeid

• Like 5

Hey @nonski Good to see your feeling a little better and are posting in soompi again crazy-monkey-emoticon-040.gif I'm so excited to see him in another drama. I miss him already. Yeah I'm kind of so so about our leading lady but I will give her the benefit of the doubt. I loved his and the writer's other dramas they did together. We are going to have some fun.

@stargazer187  Hello my swag chingu .I'm happy you will be here too

• Like 3

12 hours ago, nonski said:

Thank you so much my chingu-deul for creating this thread!  @ilwoo_aein

This news actually drew me from my slumber from Kdrama, esp the forums, still laying low due to health reasons.

I am so happy that Sukkie will have a new drama soon... we're a few days shy of 2017 hehehe!

I have to say I am not very happy that Suzy will be the female lead as I was hoping it would be as mentioned earlier the likes of Moon Chae Won, Kang Sora and Park Min Young.

Tho I am still partial to Suzy because of Dream High.  I can never not like her but if given the choice, well, you know what I mean.

and of course I have expectations of this drama because of PHR!!!

waves @evie7 @stargazer187 @Rania Zeid

hi nonski :) let's support our boy's new drama i have a feeling that we ll luv it combination of PHR writer & suki never failed so let's hope for d best  ;) 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@evie7

Of course!! Swag chingus!! I always like the magic of this writer makes on her previous projects... so far the combo of her and LJS is always so great.. 

So.. when will this air?? Next year? Which month probably???

@Rania Zeid Yes.. let's hope for the best for this drama. I thought after W ended, when will I ever to see LJS again? And so glad we dont need to wait such a long year.. and he's back with this writer again.. so excited!!

Still no recent updates for this drama?

i think he ll work none stop from now till he enlists 

• Like 5

@nonski hi chingu! Good to see your post here. I hope you're doing okay now. I'm so excited to watch LJS new drama. I believe writer Park Hye Ryun will give us another great drama to watch. At first, i was quite suprise that they cast SUZY for the female lead but let's see if she can act well in this drama. LJS is a good actor and i believe he is a good co-star and partner that can help SUZY to act well. Anyway, get well soon chingu! :)

nINEnWy.jpg
  • Like 6

Hi, it's good to be back watching LJS drama again. n I saw some familiar name from W. it's been a very bz days after I finished watching W & The K2. I havent download any new drama eventhough i follow a few recaps. I dont mind Suzy bcoz she is OK in Uncontrollable Fond. I hope she will improved from time to time to push away whoever bad mouth her. 

• Like 5