[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

New Drama "While You Were Sleeping - 2017" not yet Confirmed to Air on SBS

photo787039.jpg

Upcoming drama, "While You Were Sleeping - 2017" which will feature actor Lee Jong-seok, has not been confirmed that it will air on SBS.

On Tuesday, an SBS drama official stated, "This drama has not been confirmed that it will air on SBS. It is also not confirmed yet whether or not Oh Choong-hwan will be the producer either. An official statement will be released by us once everything has been confirmed".

Lee Jong-seok has been confirmed as the male lead and miss A member and actress Suzy is currently still in the process of looking over the drama.

This drama is expected to release early next year.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/new-drama-while-you-were-sleeping--2017-not-yet-confirmed-to-air-on-sbs-100731.html

• Like 5

On 11/22/2016 at 3:51 AM, ilwoo_aein said:

I hope they cast a good actress with good acting skills for the female lead. I don't mind if the actress older than Jongsuk. We've seen many successful drama where in real life the female lead are older than the male lead but in drama their characters are about the same age. Take for example: 'Secret Garden' <Ha Jiwon - Hyun Bin in real life 3 years gap>, 'My Love from The Star' <Jun Jihyun - Kim Soohyun in real life 7 years age gap>, "Descendants of The Sun" <Song Joongki - Song Hye Kyo in real life 3 years age gap>. Suzy is pretty but her acting is not that good. If she decided not to take the offer, i want Jongsuk to act with either Moon Chaewon, Kang Sora, or Park Minyoung. I hope i can see Jongsuk work with one of them ^^

I'm with you on this, they all are excellent but I'm partial to Kang Sora to co star w/him. I would love to finally see them as an OTP. But having said this you really could not go wrong w/ Moon Chae Won or Park Min Young.

@OksanaS I feel ya about Min Young not taking a part that has been offered to another person. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, faithinme lara said:

everyone....is this news really.... i mean reallyyyyyy confirmed??

I don't knowhehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif I read someone's comments there that stated SBS denied this and that this drama will be 100% pre-produced. I'm just going to wait for LJS's fan club to update any info.  

• Like 3

Suzy To Be Lee Jong Suk’s Co-Star In New SBS Drama

Suzy1.png

Suzy has been confirmed for the new drama “While You Were Asleep” (unofficial English title), and will be starring alongside Lee Jong Suk.

This is Suzy’s first time working with writer Park Hye Ryun in roughly six years, after her debut drama “Dream High” in 2011. According to the production comapny, iHQ, the drama will  premiere on SBS next year, and will be directed by PD Oh Choong Hwan, who previously worked on “Doctors” and “My Love From the Star.” Filming will begin early next year, but specifics of the airing schedule have yet to be determined.

“While You Were Asleep” is about a woman who can see unfortunate events that will befall others in her dreams, and a prosecutor who does everything he can to prevent the woman’s dreams from coming true.

Source (1)

credit: http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/27/suzy-confirms-new-drama-lee-jong-suk/

• Like 6

A successful drama is a collaboration between its actors, scriptwriters and production crew. As audience, everyone have their preference and judgement, but please be respectful and make it a happy collaboration, at least here in the discussion forum.

• Like 7

Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

Both UF and W underwhelms me storywise

but I'm glad Suzy is confirm to reunite with DH writer :blush: She's not too cheesy with romance and her stories have actual interesting plots. I hope she'll also have good things for us in WYWS. Her recent Page Turner was really nice albeit short. I always enjoy Suzy in dramas and this is more special for me since she's with the writer I have confidence ever since dh. I am not Ljs fan but i saw a couple of his projects like  as one movie,IHYV and w and he's good in picking projects too so all in all it's pretty positve for me!

Singer-actress Suzy cast in new SBS series

AEN20161128003300315_01_i.jpg

SEOUL, Nov. 28 (Yonhap) -- Singer-actress Suzy has been cast in the title role of a new SBS series about a clairvoyant woman and a prosecutor who fights to stop her dreams from becoming a reality, the drama's production company said Monday.

Suzy, a member of girl group miss A, will star opposite Lee Jong-suk in the series tentatively named "While You Were Sleeping," according to iHQ.

In the drama, Suzy will play a woman with the ability to see accidents and mishaps before they happen in her dreams. It will be her first TV series since she played a brazen documentary producer in the KBS romance "Uncontrollably Fond" earlier this year.

The new series, set to air sometime next year, will be written by Park Hye-ryun of the popular series "Pinocchio" and "I Can Hear Your Voice," and directed by Oh Choong-hwan of "Doctors."

source: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/kwave/2016/11/28/29/3001000000AEN20161128003300315F.html

• Like 6

Suzy confirms supernatural romance While You Were Sleeping

by girlfriday | November 28, 2016 

Suzy_LeeJongSeok1.jpg

It’s official: Suzy (Uncontrollably Fond) has signed on to star opposite Lee Jong-seok(W–Two Worlds) in the new drama While You Were Sleeping, from hit writer Park Hye-ryun of Pinocchio, I Hear Your Voice, and Dream High. The supernatural romance has also found a home at SBS, and PD Oh Choong-hwan of SBS’s medical romance Doctors will take the helm. This will be Lee Jong-seok’s third series with writer Park, and Suzy’s second after 2011’s Dream High, in which she made her acting debut.

While You Were Sleeping will be a legal supernatural drama, much like I Hear Your Voice—that series was about a public defender and a boy who could read minds, while this one is about a prosecutor and a girl who sees the future. Suzy has been cast as a young woman who has dreams about bad things that are about to happen to other people, and Lee Jong-seok will play the prosecutor who fights to stop those tragedies from coming true.

I expect the PD of Doctors to be a good fit for the contemporary romance; that show had the pitfall of seeming visually pretty but empty of substance at times, but with this writer I don’t have that worry at all, since she always delivers great characters and a compelling story. I’m really not enthused about Suzy’s casting, but I’ve always found something to like about the heroines in this writer’s dramas, so I’m going to keep an open mind and hope for the best. Maybe the drama will reward my optimism by keeping it light and funny and melo-free, with some chemistry on top.

While You Were Sleeping is being planned for a 2017 broadcast on SBS.

Via Osen

www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/suzy-confirms-supernatural-romance-while-you-were-sleeping/

• Like 5

[Confirmed] Lee Jong Suk, Suzy to star together in ‘While You Were Sleeping’ plus filming starts next year

By jasmooOnce | November 28, 2016 03:30 AM EST

Lee Jong Suk and Suzy To Star Together in ‘While You Were Sleeping’ Plus To Start Filming Next Year

JYP Entertainment has confirmed that Suzy will indeed co-star with hallyu star Lee Jong Suk in SBS' new drama "While You Were Sleeping". It was reported that the two will start filming the said drama next year.

Kpopstarz has reported before that "W" actor Lee Jong Suk has been confirmed for a new SBS drama "While You Were Sleeping" while Suzy is still in the talks. Today, JYP Entertainment and SBS have confirmed that "Uncontrollably Fond" actress Suzy will certainly play the female lead role for the new Korean drama.

The script writer of "While You Were Sleeping", Park Hye Ryun, has previously written dramas such as "I Hear Your Voice", a thriller and suspense drama about a guy who hear other people\s thoughts, in 2013 and "Pinocchio", which is about a guy who see within people's lives, in 2015 which both starred Lee Jong Suk. She also wrote Suzy's first weekly drama "Dream High" which is about high school students dreams of becoming a KPOP stars that shot Suzy to stardom.

The new SBS drama "While You Were Asleep" is about a girl who can see ill-fated events that will happen in the future to other people through her dreams. On the other hand, the male lead is a prosecutor who does everything in his powers to prevent the girl's dreams from turning into a reality. No other details are out yet, like other actors and actresses and the place, but it is sure to be great.

Fans of both Lee Jong Suk and Miss A's Suzy are really happy that both actor and actress will star together in a drama. They have previously starred in a CF before and fans are really happy that they will be together for a longer drama. Stay tuned for more information about the said SBS drama. 

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/275811/20161128/confirmed-lee-jong-suk-suzy-star-together-sleeping-plus-filming.htm

• Like 5

Suzy, Lee Jong-suk to star in new SBS series

20161128000839_0.jpg

Suzy and Lee Jong-suk are set to return to the small screen next year. 

The two will co-star in the new SBS drama series “While You Were Sleeping,” according to production company iHQ on Monday. 

“We will wrap up all of the necessary logistics by the end of the year, and kick off production next year,” said iHQ in a statement. 

The series will be written by Park Hye-ryun, who worked on Suzy’s acting debut production “Dream High” in 2011 and will be directed by Oh Choong-hwan of “Doctors” and “My Love from the Star.”

Both Suzy and Lee have had a busy, successful year. 

20161128000840_0.jpg

Suzy, of K-pop group MissA, gained global fame through KBS’ romantic drama “Uncontrollably Fond,” which also featured Kim Woo-bin, while actor and model Lee rose to stardom again with hit fantasy series “W,” which co-starred Han Hyo-joo. 

“While You Were Sleeping” is about a woman who is able to foresee unfortunate events in her dreams and a prosecutor who tries everything in his power to prevent them from actually happening.

By Kim Yu-young (ivykim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 6

Suzy and Lee Jong Suk confirmed for upcoming drama ' While You Were Sleeping'

201611280910773715_583b76896a832_99_20161128091403.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-11-28%2Bat%2B1.12.32%2BAM.png

news 1 - Naver: Suzy with Lee Jong Suk and writer Park Hye Ryun.. confirmed for 'While You Were Sleeping' 

1. [+4,454, -284] If it's the I Hear Your Voice and Pinocchio, there's a reason to be excited for it

2. [+2,805, -223] You can trust writer Park Hye Ryun!

3. [+2,485, -223] The writer of I Hear Your Voice and Pinocchio, a must see ㅎㅎ

4. [+2,399, -305] The writer who created Go Hye Mi, she's extraordinary. I know Lee Jong Suk and Suzy had good chemistry in their CF. A drama I'm looking forward to

5. [+1,898, -317] Such a good-looking pair and amazing production team!

6. [+742, -154] Suzy, I'm saying this as a fan. Please spend some time practicing your acting and vocalization. You're pretty, have good personality and I like you for that but your acting makes me a bit uncomfortable. Your acting tone sounds like a high school kid. I hope you get lots of practice and show improvement

7. [+374, -64] Nowadays, the story is what matters. Please let it be fun

tv Report - Daum: Suzy X Lee Jong Suk confirmed for 'While You Were Sleeping'.. to air on SBS next year 

1. [+424, -129] Suzy-ssi, please come out after doing lots of acting practice. Please~~

2. [+266, -65] Um Suzy.. work hard with acting practice and show a good performance~~~

3. [+256, -113] Do we have to witness another crappy acting from her? Practice as much as you can Suzy-ya

4. [+114, -24] Suzy, work on your acting starting with vocalization so that you don't get hate for it this time.. Excited for this drama!!

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/11/suzy-and-lee-jong-suk-confirmed-for.html

• Like 3

Hi everybody,

I asked this on Onehallyu forum but I ask it here as well... I'm curious^^

Does anyone know if the director Oh Choong-Hwan is a good or not?

Because it's important to have a good director too, although the screenwriter is good, the director can still ruined a drama (or a character) by badly directing his actors/actresses.

So if anyone has seen "Doctors", can you give me your opinion about this director please? Thanks :)

Among all his works, I saw only "My Love From the Star" but he was only the second director here right?, the main director was Jang Tae-Yoo so idk...

• Like 5

'While You're Sleeping' stars Miss A's Bae Suzy, Lee Jong-Suk on SBS'

CyUH91IUkAETq1H.jpg

South Korean actress Bae Suzy, 22, is taking on another acting gig. The Miss A member has recently confirmed to take over the lead female role in SBS' upcoming drama tentatively titled "While You're Sleeping."

In a statement obtained by The Kpop Herald, production company SidusHQ confirmed Suzy will star opposite Lee Jong Suk in the upcoming SBS drama. She will play a woman who has the ability to see accidents that will happen to others through her dreams.

Opposite her is the "Pinocchio" actor. He plays a prosecutor who does all that he can to stop those dreams from becoming real. The SBS drama will benefit from the creativity of screenwriter Park Hye-Ryun and director Oh Choong-Hwan, whose previous projects include this year's hit SBS drama "Doctors" and the 2013-2014 pan-Asia hit "My Love From the Star."

SidusHQ will wrap up all of the necessary logistics before the year ends and kick off the production in early 2017. Not much is known about "While You Were Sleeping" aside from the fact that it will be a 100 percent pre-produced drama and was given a Wednesday-Thursday time slot. More details about the project will be revealed soon.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/175717/20161128/miss-bae-suzy-confirmed-opposite-lee-jong-suk-sbs-youre.htm#ixzz4RJJzBquS

• Like 5

17 hours ago, didi31 said:

Hi everybody,

I asked this on Onehallyu forum but I ask it here as well... I'm curious^^

Does anyone know if the director Oh Choong-Hwan is a good or not?

Because it's important to have a good director too, although the screenwriter is good, the director can still ruined a drama (or a character) by badly directing his actors/actresses.

So if anyone has seen "Doctors", can you give me your opinion about this director please? Thanks :)

Among all his works, I saw only "My Love From the Star" but he was only the second director here right?, the main director was Jang Tae-Yoo so idk...

yeh actually the PD worries me a lot especially that he has only 1 drama in his resume, and as i read it it had some flows so we can't say he did great job in it despite the ratings,  especially if WYWS will be 100% as they say..means it can be fixed later :mellow:

• Like 6