[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

Catching up on the posts here this morning. Loved reading @purebristles' commentary on Yubeom. Indeed, I love this writer because all her characters (no matter how minor) always see progression, and they're all complex beings. No one is a total villain or an absolute saint. 

Regarding Lee Jongsuk's character, I have to say, I am totally in love with Jung Jaechan, perhaps because I can identify with the way he does things. His "mayfly" no-plan plan to things. His absolute reluctance to do things because, well, people. But then his inability to walk away because, well, moral courage!

• Like 5

Sorry for out of the topic

Good news for Lee jong suk fans------

Spoiler

It seems that China has decided to virtually end its ban on Hallyu, or the Korean wave, that has been in place in the country over a year due to the dispute over the deployment of the U.S. Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile defense system in South Korea. As a result, Korean stars who have had little activity in China are likely to spread their wings to China.

So Now. ...........long awaited Jade lovers  drama of  Lee jong suk have chances to be released. 

Lee Jong Suk and Zheng Shuang in a drama together. Despite wrapping in 2016, the upcoming Chinese drama Jade Lover which served as a Korean-Chinese collaboration between Lee Jong Suk and Zheng Shuang was one of the dramas that couldn't air due to the Hallyu ban. Both leads are pretty big in their respective countries.Jade+Lovers+2.png

• Like 5

@stargazer187 Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reviews on this past week's episodes. I have to say, every time I watch an LJS drama, I can't help but fall in love with the character he plays (well, except DS... couldn't get through that one. :tongue: But I don't think it was his fault). I still cannot understand why anyone would think he wasn't sufficiently committed to the role.

Some of my favourite Jaechan moments this week (because LJS pulled them off so well!):

• that lip twitching moment before he became Santa's friend! How does anyone isolate that one single facial muscle to pull off that twitch so convincingly??

• him getting so frustrated with himself for slipping up when addressing Hongjoo's mum - repeatedly! (And calling her MIL! Hahaha... are we going to see a wedding ending like for Pinocchio?)

• him asking Prosecutor Lee for the car key! Jaechan is one kind of thick-skinned. Hahaha... Which is him, I suppose - not entirely with it when it comes to social norms, taking offers and statements literally, shooting his mouth off... hahaha...

I know some feel that his chemistry with Suzy isn't quite all there - even hubby has noted that there's "not much chemistry" when they are in scenes where they are supposed to be "together, but in the presence of others". @momochan1234 has suggested that it's because there aren't enough BTS footages to build that kind of understanding of the OTP, but I personally refrain from watching too much BTS footages during the airing of a drama so that I can watch the storyline (and acting) unfold without any kind of external influence of any sort. I don't actually feel that they lack chemistry actually. Rather, my interpretation of it all is that it's just in keeping with Jaechan's personality. That slight aloofness of his. He's not into PDA, and he's got that guardedness about him all the time (see how he's so unwilling to speak casually to Wootak, and even with Hongjoo, he kept that sort of distance even when he already clearly liked her - that changed only after that kiss!). 

@USAFarmgirl @kokodus @aegyoppa

• Like 7

Am I the only one to be disappointed that these last few episodes, HongJoo continue to be sidelined?? I mean, these last few episodes, she's just the love interest, and serve to be a message bearer. I'm a little disappointed by that, because I really love this character, so I wish more...

Also, I miss HJ with glasses (except sunglasses). I would have liked her to keep them longer or continue to wear them from time to time, but they disappeared too quickly.

Anyway, I love the drama, although it's not flawless, and I hope that these last 4 episodes will be the best.

• Like 2

All The Things We Loved And Hated About “While You Were Sleeping” Episodes 11 And 12

Lee-Jong-Suk-Suzy2-e1509690890283.jpg

We’re heading into the final weeks of beloved SBS drama “While You Were Sleeping,” and emotions are heightening as the stakes keep getting higher. With more courtroom drama and one of the most vile villains yet, there was a lot to love and hate about this week’s episodes. Read on to find out what we thought!

'While You Were Sleeping’ said, “It is expected that Lee Jong Suk will be active in court…Coming soon.”
23099258_483680965351655_7221703722554884096_n.jpg

Exclusive translated by Baidu Leejongsuk bar 

EP. 25-26 Text preview 

23161761_259976111195407_5562609095069925376_n.jpg

• Like 5

LEE JONG SUK's FASHION/ WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING

22802712_529428847424978_7139123054914830336_n.jpg

22794114_144453302966545_3227627825129324544_n.jpg

@samsonitered_kr- SAMSONITE RED CLOVE

Credit: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bavf0_mDl9g/?taken-by=samsonitered_kr

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bas7o7Tj2Sh/?taken-by=samsonitered_kr

23164011_686136838258610_7734851653278367744_n.jpg

The sunglasses worn by Lee Jong Suk - a rapids sensiblle AS028 model.
It is a design suited to suits fashion, and it produces a luxurious and sophisticated image.

Google translated

Credit: eyedear_hyot

• Like 3

The Top Korean Celebrities Among International K-Drama Fans For October 2017

Male: 1st LeeJongSuk 
Female: 1st Suzy

DN8IGvXW4AELg91.jpg

DN8IIEWWAAEEefH.jpg

DN8IIEkXUAAkKba.jpg

https://www.viki.com/videos/1123200v

The Top Korean Celebrities Among International K-Drama Fans For October 2017

Last month, we saw BTS members make their debut on “Viki Top Celeb,” a monthly list of top celebrities followed and visited by K-drama viewers on the Rakuten Viki site.

We continue to see new faces this month, with Song Joong Ki and Lee Min Ki ranking fourth and fifth, respectively. Lee Min Ki is receiving a lot of love from international fans due to his appearance in the must-watch drama “Because This Is My First Life.” His co-star Jung So Min also makes her debut, ranking third.

Suzy jumps from fourth to first, winning people over through “While You Were Sleeping.” Her co-star Lee Jong Suk continues to top the list at the first place rank, keeping his spot for three consecutive months. For the full list of Viki Top Celeb, watch the video below!

The Rising Star for October is Jung Hae In, who is also stealing hearts in the currently airing “While You Were Sleeping.” To watch the full show with English subtitles, click here.

You can bring your favorite star to the top by visiting viki.com (or downloading the app) and going to their page and following and/or commenting! Explore more on viki.com/celebrities, and watch the full Viki Top Celeb video below!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/06/top-korean-celebrities-among-international-k-drama-fans-october-2017/

• Like 5