[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

It's been a bit since I posted here so I figured I'd join in on the fun once more :)

I must say, WYWS has me fanboying like an idiot. I really enjoy the story and the actors thoroughly! It's a shame I'm not always able to watch it as soon as it's out, which also means I tend to miss out on the discussions in this thread as I don't want to see any spoilers before I see the new episodes.

Can I just say that Suzy has me blown away? I mean, despite the fact that she's absolutely georgous, I feel that she's grown a lot in her acting. I remember watching Dream High and being unimpressed. She was the visual, but not the actress. In WYWS, she's actually an actress first, before being a visual (I tend to not like short hair that much). Although Suzy still looks stunning, ofcourse :D 

That moment where Suzy cries over Lee Jong Suk in the hospital while telling her mom that she was right, it really showed me that Suzy has learned a lot. Her voice going up in pitch while bawling her eyes out shows true desparation. I had to swallow a couple of times....

Lee Jong Suk on the other hand is leaving me unsatisfied with his performance. His smiles aren't out of this world. It seems to me that he's sometimes reluctant in acting, he doesn't really seem to be enjoying himself, or fully emerged in his character. I've seen better performances of him.

For me, Suzy is currently carrying this K-Drama on her own, with a little bit of help of Jung Hae In. For me, it's the best K-Drama of 2017 so far. Though I'll admit I've not seen a lot that came out this year :) 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

Lee Jong Suk on the other hand is leaving me unsatisfied with his performance. His smiles aren't out of this world. It seems to me that he's sometimes reluctant in acting, he doesn't really seem to be enjoying himself, or fully emerged in his character. I've seen better performances of him.

Cutting your post, sorry!

So I thought I was the only one feeling something is amiss in his performance. I have followed all his dramas and films till now, and he surprises me everytime with his emoting, etc. But in WYWS that spark isn't there. I wonder why it is? I mean he just did VIP before this, where he was just great, spooky, chilling, and that last scene:crazy: but in here he seems reluctant like you said.

I was thinking maybe he picked this too soon after VIP, since he admitted in an interview that he struggled to go through the sudden change between both the characters, since they are so different,. Or perhaps it could be how Jae Chan is written as well. Apart from his funny and quirky side, he isn't really given much else to work with by the writer. Seems pretty 1 Dimensional and bland. Whatever it is, this character and JS himself isn't hooking me fully like he does usually. Such a downer after the enigmatic Kang Chul.

Maybe actors should space their work a bit more, which is why you don't see KSH or LMH picking dramas every year. Its exhausting as well as tough to switch from a bloody psychopath to a awkward rookie prosecutor in a few days. 

• Like 6

“While You Were Sleeping” Keeps the Top Position in Korean Drama Ratings
Posted on October 29, 2017 by Kay

while-you-were-sleeping-lee-jong-suk-and-suzy-3.jpg

Despite seeing some minor decreases compared to last week, While You Were Sleeping kept the top position in Nielsen drama ratings during the Wednesday-Thursday time slot this week.
Ep. 17 – 7.3%
Ep. 18 – 8.9%
Ep. 19 – 8.2%
Ep. 20 – 8.9%

Hospital Ship also saw minor decreases but holds steady just behind While You Were Sleeping.
Ep. 33 – 7.3%
Ep. 34 – 7.9%
Ep. 35 – 7.0%
Ep. 36 – 8.4%

Mad Dog brought in similar numbers to last week remaining in third.
Ep. 5 – 6.4%
Ep. 6 – 5.7%

The ratings numbers continue to be low all around. No one even made it into the double digits in this time slot this week. Next week brings us the finale of Hospital Ship, so we’ll see how it fairs in its final week.

While You Were Sleeping airs Wednesday and Thursday on SBS.

Hospital Ship airs Wednesday and Thursday on MBC.

Mad Dog airs Wednesday and Thursday on KBS.

https://kdramakisses.com/2017/10/29/while-you-were-sleeping-keeps-the-top-position-in-korean-drama-ratings/

• Like 8

Lee Jong Suk, Suzy, And Jung Hae In Are Both Serious And Playful In Behind-The-Scenes Stills Of “While You Were Sleeping”

while-you-were-sleeping-behind-the-scene

SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “While You Were Sleeping” released behind-the-scene stills of the “Three Flying Dragons” (Lee Jong Suk, Suzy, and Jung Hae In) having fun and rehearsing seriously on the drama set.

In some of the released photos, the actors can be seen rehearsing their scenes sincerely. However, in the other photos, their playful sides come out. Jung Hae In poses cutely while Lee Jong Suk is sharing a modest high-five with Lee Yoo Joon (who plays Jung Hae In’s police partner Oh Kyung Han). Suzy is also brightly smiling and sharing conversations with the production crew. Kim Won Hae (who plays criminal investigator Choi Dam Dong) and Lee Yoo Joon are joining in on the fun as well.

Suzy-Lee-Jong-Suk-Jung-Hae-In2.jpg

A source from the production crew stated, “Because of the actors’ meticulous rehearsal and all the laughter on set, we were able to film better scenes.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/29/lee-jong-suk-suzy-jung-hae-serious-playful-behind-scenes-stills-sleeping/

• Like 8

I'm joining the forum. Yeay~~ hello again to chingus from W forum. Have

been away for long due to work and work and work non stop.  

I put on the calender the premier date of WYWS and watch them on the weekends.  I cannot live streaming nowadays due to time constraint. I always check this forum if I have some times but unable to join the forum.  

I have no complaints on Suzy and LJS is cute as usual (imagine his wearing the white hoodie with spectacle?!). Cutie!! Even his lil bro in WYWS,  looking tougher than him.  ha ha.  The hospital scene was too simple or unreal for me.  JC was shot with a shot gun,  and should be more severe.  Unless, he was Rambo or Robocop! [ I have experience tending a family who has now on the 6th operation.  Well,  he never recovered so fast and walking here n there in recovery.  A few fainting accident did happened until he recovered enuff to be on his feet ]. But it's a drama.  JC walked here and there with his IV bag,  and too long to finished..  Ha ha..  Again not real. Usually in ICU,  only one or two person is allowed for visiting and he received three! I know LJS is pale but JC complexion was good for someone who lost a lot of blood.  Hah again! 

Just my opinion chingus.  Dont bash me. I enjoy watching the drama, if only they did it more real...it could be good. 

I have not go into deep in earlier episode.  Maybe there's a connection between WT,  JC and HJ when they were young.  WT's friend did mention about WT was lucky bcoz some sort of misunderstanding and hope he will continue to be a cop.  If i missed the discussion,  please accept my apology.  

• Like 5

On 10/29/2017 at 3:51 PM, CamelKnight said:

It's been a bit since I posted here so I figured I'd join in on the fun once more :)

I must say, WYWS has me fanboying like an idiot. I really enjoy the story and the actors thoroughly! It's a shame I'm not always able to watch it as soon as it's out, which also means I tend to miss out on the discussions in this thread as I don't want to see any spoilers before I see the new episodes.

Can I just say that Suzy has me blown away? I mean, despite the fact that she's absolutely georgous, I feel that she's grown a lot in her acting. I remember watching Dream High and being unimpressed. She was the visual, but not the actress. In WYWS, she's actually an actress first, before being a visual (I tend to not like short hair that much). Although Suzy still looks stunning, ofcourse :D 

That moment where Suzy cries over Lee Jong Suk in the hospital while telling her mom that she was right, it really showed me that Suzy has learned a lot. Her voice going up in pitch while bawling her eyes out shows true desparation. I had to swallow a couple of times....

For me, Suzy is currently carrying this K-Drama on her own, with a little bit of help of Jung Hae In. For me, it's the best K-Drama of 2017 so far. Though I'll admit I've not seen a lot that came out this year :) 

you know acting is like ping pong she won't appear doing that well if the actor infront of her is  letting her doing all the job ... he s giving her the right emotions and performance that can make her react & act as she 's doing (and BTW she said that by herself too)  . and a good actor won't try steal scenes from his/her partner altho he has enough talent & all the capabilities to do so...otherwise why didn't you feel that she carried her old her dramas too??? u felt that  just when she acted infront  jongsuk a Grimae & a daesang winner  that says something no??... now let's imagine how the drama will be without jae chan  ... all Hong-Joo reactions nd scenes won't be that intense nd she won't be " carrying the drama"  right??? 

as Leejongsuk fan i say he played more difficult & complicated  roles before like in DS, School 13 & lately V.I.P. nd others so  he already proved himself like 1000 before ... and now he s playing jae chan as it should be in the serious nd funny scenes >> he s even giving the char more depth ....

so his works and praises he got  talk for him.nd reply that hmm  well don't want to say naive!! let s  say  " unnecessary sentence of

yous  ....

i Say they r a good team they perform good together ... not just the 2 of them but all WYWS cast :) (including writer & PD  offcourse)  are making this drama the best K-Drama of 2017 so far as you said ..not just bcz 1 person

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1