[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

5 minutes ago, Sice said:

His character is beyond crazy that he deserves all the hate. LOLOLOL. But life sentence is better, he should rot in jail and pay for his crimes.

At first I do not understand his character. He would treat his clients like they are the worst (with all the mocking and hand washing) , but his going at any length just to win the case contradicts it. The guy must have thought he is justice. Seriously crazy. 

i know rite.. he is beyond crazy. i thought he got some problem in his head..some disorder or something, i still dont understand the point the scriptwriter make him rolling his papers and take off his watch.. are these explained in the last episode or the previous episode? hoksi did i missed something or i don't understand..pls do let me know, i would love to know the significance of that habit..

btw... i love his umbrella.. that green has become one of my fav. colour since i bought a wallet which has same colour of YB's umbrella... and im so want to buy ikea wing chair because they came out with the same green colour few months.. ago.. i think if i spot the same umbrella anywhere around me, i might buy it. miniso don't sell it?? 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, yoyo_icecube said:

i know rite.. he is beyond crazy. i thought he got some problem in his head..some disorder or something, i still dont understand the point the scriptwriter make him rolling his papers and take off his watch.. are these explained in the last episode or the previous episode? hoksi did i missed something or i don't understand..pls do let me know, i would love to know the significance of that habit..

btw... i love his umbrella.. that green has become one of my fav. colour since i bought a wallet which has same colour of YB's umbrella... and im so want to buy ikea wing chair because they came out with the same green colour few months.. ago.. i think if i spot the same umbrella anywhere around me, i might buy it. miniso don't sell it?? 

Haven't watched the last two episodes yet (waiting for the subs), but AFAIK the mannerisms weren't explained. I think if the show was lacking something, it was making the audience understand how the villain end up being the villain. YB already had twisted thinking even in his younger years, but I couldn't fathom what made him that way. If he was wired like that just because, then maybe we could just conclude that he may really have a disorder or something, because his thinking is by no means normal.

While I don't really like that shade of green, would agree that the umbrella is actually nice. Not sure if miniso has it though.

• Like 6

oh my gosh.. i want to watch writer-nim new drama soon.. and if posible pls pair jongsuk and suzy again in the future. i believe writer-nim loves her viewer and always give us candies here and there... look at how she throws in such an unnecessary jaechan hold hongjoo up scene in the ep29 at the hospital xD i dont see any point of it except the writer give us fans service.. thank you writer nim.. it was such a love dovey scene.. i love u so much..

• Like 10

Awww... Thank you as always @nonski for the roll call! It has been fun and engaging to interact with you guys here -_-

Also great thanks to @jeonghyang for the gifs! How in the whole world are you that FAST? ㅋㅋㅋ

Thank you too to fellow recappers who do this without fail each week such as @uglypearl @yoyo_icecube @mushforbrains @Rania Zeid and @xxPeepsxx! My weekdays were so much fun, thanks to you guys! And now, I gotta find new drama(s) to keep me occupied :lol:

To @gilaswan, I love reading your analysis! And ya, I get your excitement about today's "single" news. LOL :D

This drama has been tremendously awesome for me. I know some may not agree about acting-idol being cast in such a high profile drama. But I love all the characters here. So, thanks to the actors who brought life to these characters, I enjoyed it immensely.

Great cinematography, solid plot and storyline, love how they intertwine the different genres in one drama seamlessly, interject humour amidst the suspense, the SLS is strong in this one but I was not overtly disappointed at how WT did not get the girl.

So many lessons to be learnt from this drama. I like how they set actual movie titles as the theme of each episode. And the OST is a winner too!

Definitely one of my fave dramas in 2017!

I certainly hope to see you guys in upcoming dramas. Till then, good night sleepyheads and live well :wub:

수고하셨습니다. 감사합니다. 

• Like 11

Have not been posting on this thread for quite sometime. Have been quite busy lately though I have not missed a single episode of this drama.

Though I am surprised that YB got caught too easily (I was expecting some more dramatic twists and turns), and that the writer have not offered an explanation why HJ can dream the future, the overall story is well-woven.

20 hours ago, Sice said:

I think if the show was lacking something, it was making the audience understand how the villain end up being the villain. YB already had twisted thinking even in his younger years, but I couldn't fathom what made him that way. If he was wired like that just because, then maybe we could just conclude that he may really have a disorder or something, because his thinking is by no means normal.

Yeah some background story of YB would be nice. Would also want to understand more of WT.

20 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

oh my gosh.. i want to watch writer-nim new drama soon.. and if posible pls pair jongsuk and suzy again in the future. i believe writer-nim loves her viewer and always give us candies here and there... look at how she throws in such an unnecessary jaechan hold hongjoo up scene in the ep29 at the hospital xD i dont see any point of it except the writer give us fans service.. thank you writer nim.. it was such a love dovey scene.. i love u so much..

I am definitely hoping for the upcoming dramas from writer-nim!!!

Or if WYWS can have a season 2....there's a lot the writer can write about.....WT's legal career, JC and his colleagues' cases....HJ's reporting on social injustice....

Edited by 000231846597
  • Like 7

my another favourite drama again :lol: thank you to all of you who share bts vid , bts pic , recap and more.. :)

thanks to @nonski for the roll call every week :D see you again in next drama , chingu. :lol: 

HAPPY ENDING ! Finally the end. and it is a BEST twist plot beautiful story ever. I'm always curious 'cause every cast full of secrets. Best story. Best cast. Best cinematography. and of course Best OST. :tongue::D THANK YOU !!

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

Have not been posted on this thread for quite sometime. Have been quite busy lately though I have not missed a single episode of this drama.

Though I am surprised that YB got caught too easily (I was expecting some more dramatic twists and turns), and that the writer have not offered an explanation why HJ can dream the future, the overall story is well-woven.

Yeah some background story of YB would be nice. Would also want to understand more of WT.

I am definitely hoping for the upcoming dramas from writer-nim!!!

Or if WYWS can have a season 2....there's a lot the writer can write about.....WT's legal career, JC and his colleagues' cases....HJ's reporting on social injustice....

eventhough the writer wrapped everything very nicely, but i dont mind if she want to reuse his character to make a new drama..like what u suggest..its a great idea imo if we can watch another drama with WT become the center of the drama.. haha

even YB, i dont mind to watch a psycho thriller drama with YB as the main lead.. he is a great villain. injeong!! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I cried alot during the scene when Insp Choi died in JC’s arms. I think that was the best moment for me.. its so bittersweet... :cold_sweat: it also cemented the reason why i’ll always watch anything with LJS. Haha. He is truly a powerful and charismatic actor. Ever since ‘I Hear Your Voice’, ive been following all his works. 

Unfortunately, sorry to Suzy’s fans... i think LJS and JHI outshine Suzy in their performance in this drama... they are both just too strong actors... and we have the strong Lee Yoo Beom the villain, and wonderful Kim Won Hae as the unsung hero. There’s just too many ppl who outshine Suzy’s performance in this drama. I cant honestly say i notice Suzy’s wonderful acting in any particular scene. :mellow: she is very careful not to overact, so maybe a praise in that area. Maybe her role was to allow others to shine.. she is fine here really.. but she sort of fades into the background and JC is always the one who saves the day, occasionally WT save the day, and JC’s childish and comical behavious provided the laughs more often. 

Is this my fave drama for this year? Well, it has many good messages, and definitely worth a watch. But i only watch each ep once, even if its raw without subs... its just lacking some kinda pull to me... its not bad.. its not the best either.... i hardly look forward eagerly to each new episodes, even postponing to watch some eps for a few days, though i know they are already avail. The first ep was really strong.. but it sorts of fizzle out in the middle... maybe because of the confusion over how the dreams started, and no explanation over why some dreamed some things, and some dont. Like why WT didnt dream of JC and HJ being in danger of the fire, but Inspct Choi did. And why Inspc Choi dint dream of HJ committing suicide in the first ep, since he seems to already have had the dream abt the fire since 13yrs ago. I guess, there are just some mysteries we will never know...

overall, its still a fun watch, compared to many other dramas ongoing at this time. So, i guess thats why its ranking #1 in its timeslot so far. Anyway, its been fun. And thanks to all the ppl who constantly update about this drama! 

• Like 6

@Sice , @yoyo_icecube Yup that Yoobum is some piece of work I tell ya!<_< Again props to actor Lee Sangyeob for a convincing portrayal - poor guy he's goin' to get so much hate but I guess that's what a good actor is all about:wink: 

I'm no psych major but he does display some narcissistic tendencies. I guess Jaechan had a point during cross-examination, that deep down Yoobum feels some kind of remorse? Which explains the weird paper wrinkling, the excessive hand washing etc. But I think his greed/ambition, blinded/ clouded his judgment. So Yoobum is sort of like, a...psychopath? The fact that he mentioned he felt a kinship to Mr. Choi makes me think he was deprived of a father figure or of love/ affection from an early age. He also always seemed really envious of Jaechan.   

@yoyo_icecube said:-

AHAHAHAH You sound like you have the Green fever!:lol::lol::lol: I rarely shop at Miniso, don't think I've noticed them sellin' any umbrellas, I do know Daiso sells umbrellas though but definitely not the one you're lookin' for^_^  

• Like 9

Aw, I cried buckets in the middle of the last episode. Loved the relationship between Jae Chan and Mr. Choi. Also between Jae Chan and Woo Tak. And Woo Tak and Hong Joo (maybe those two could get cast together sometime?). And Jae Chan and his brother. And his brother and friend. And the brother and pianist girlfriend. And Hong Joo and her mom. And Woo Tak and his sunbae. And Woo Tak and Robin, lol. Good job to all!

• Like 8

I just completed the last episode.. It was a bittersweet experience for me.. Something ruined my ending that was my one of the favorite character Mr. Choi's death.. Y couldn't he survive?? AgitatedWillingBudgie-max-1mb.gif

That was my most tearful request.. But no he had to die.. Making me n JC sad n tearful n lost.. Coming to the episode

I liked a few things.. That WT was able to testify properly.. His n his sunbae's convo was soo emotional.. even though,  he lost his job.. He got a new mom,  HJ's mom..H9N0Gio.gif I loved how HJ, JC n HJ's mom made him a part of their family.. I love robin, his doggy too.. WT going to be a lawyer.. He is going to go to law school with young girlsH9N0Gio.gif.. I m double happy for him.. mulSEy5.gif

I loved the parallelism.. HJ consoling JC n in the past JC consoled her.. H9N0Gio.gif

I loved the way JC explained YB that he is not a victim as he thinks of himself.. He was being cruelly treated.. He said he was like them.. He just had bad luck.. But he way JC said it wasn't his luck bad.. It was he who was bad.. dPcnBeK.gif

Mr. Choi  thinking of YB similar to his brother.. Having shared the same birth date with his brother. He hoped he will not share the same fate as his brother.. He tried his best for YB.. But like his brother, YB also met the same fate.. But he killed him too.. Mr. Choi  knew his end but still followed it to help JC n HJ.. In the end, he didn't want JC to blame himself.. *tears*

I loved the comeos showing off their happiness die to change of their destiny..H9N0Gio.gif Mr. Lee n Ms.  Son marriage.. Happiness all over.. Even SW n SY were dating.. His friend to got his happiness..H9N0Gio.gif JC n HJ were married n will be together even if they will have troubles in future.. 

51Wofat.jpg

P. S.  The three male leads blew me with their acting n made me connect with them n enjoy the show..dPcnBeK.gif

Suzy is getting better but still has to work on it.. dPcnBeK.gif

Mr. Choi is definitely a best actor.GKC8daU.gif. I was soo attached to him than other supporting actors.. So I was literally sad to see him die.. 

Bye chingus!! Let's meet in other show forum.dPcnBeK.gif. It was nice being here!! Even though I wasn't much active.. Happy ending to the show!! 

JZeyee6.jpg

• Like 5

Awww the drama is over! 

It was an easy drama to watch, with the actors shining through. I loved a lot of them, and liked the others so it was a fun watch. 

It wasn’t gripping, and instead told stories, which was cute. I’m sad the ratings never managed to catch up to it, but it’s okay it was a fairly good drama. 

The directing and cinematography was beautiful, and the OST was so pretty! 

Ngl though I’m gonna stick to my head canon that after  a while, Lawyer Han moves on gracefully and happily from Hongjoo because he gets intrigued by the sexy and fiesty Prosecutor Shin who keeps kicking him where the sun don’t shine every time they meet in court. He figures, can’t beat them, so why not join them and ends up with her so they have direct conflict of interest and can never be on the same case again even if they’re on the same page hehe

e6267255aea41522e9e274121ed08495.jpgI don't understand why writer plot  death of Mr.choi character....totally unnecessary. Made my heart cry.

70169edb1b55e11a01b62490bc47b7d8.jpgI want to file a case against him ....His everyword kill me ........This killer.......made my heart hurt.........I don't know how many time pause the video to make stable my heart, Flood  of tears :bawling::heartbreak:.....Heaviness of his badge transfer to my heart and my heart become heavy fe11b4470fbaeff65fce946033ba4226.jpgHeaviness of badge and truth of his family.........His black&white life with lonliness......why everything sad happened to him.:heartbreak::bawling:

I really enjoyed this drama......and I want to say that it's really good drama kind of stress reliever cuteness overflowing in characters and kindness having positive vibes. Smooth drama without any tension  I watch this drama and I'm happy after watching this drama.ALL the Cast done great job.And I just realised prosecutor JG was also in pinnochio drama with lee jong suk as a reporter.....having same funny character. 

Spoiler

fbf933a58ad7bf51a58ebc0e23995026.jpg9f9187adb151c82f4b0a1b5a8e34eef5.jpgAt first I didn't recognise him I'm shocked ............love Woo tak ❤ 

JC ❤HJ---Happy ending. 

ALL THE OST's ❤❤❤❤❤❤ But my favorite ------Cause you’re the right time at the right moment

you’re the sunlight keeps my heart going

And  because I love you boy ❤ 

***********The end

• Like 8