[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Behind Your Smile 浮士德的微笑

rocs25

On 29/12/2016 at 5:15 AM, dramalover99 said:

I stop watching since the end of episode 2... the part where the girl went to the police station..
I never watch her drama but she look so dull...I only watch this because Marcus but the girl acing is so dull and I can't watch her...

So, tell me if I should watch it..
-- well, I actually watch some clips of the drama on Instagram... -- 

I personally think she is not bad and her acting gets better as the drama progresses. I think you should watch it because the drama is more exciting now.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dramalover99, hello, welcome to BYS thread. Actually, it's my first time to watch both Marcus and Eugenie in a drama. Never heard of them before since the last TWD I've seen was Fated to Love you. For some Taiwanese dramas, I watched a couple episodes but dropped them anytime due to work. BYS is the only series I'm watching right now. Honestly, if this drama has a cast from our country, I wouldn't watch it because the plot of the story is common but so far, to me, the story is entertaining. May be because I like stories with mystery and BYS's plot has missing parts and that encourages me to find out making theories of my own about the intriguing missing parts of the story. That element is what's keeping me watching it till now. How about you? It depends on our likes and dislikes.  

10 hours ago, makeuptemple said:

I love Marcus Chang but Eugeine , this is my first time watching any of her dramas, not sure how to describe, she looks colder ( O am talking about her character in the drama, not her as a person) than Marcus's character, she looks dull, a bit timid. I hope she'll open up in the upcoming episodes, I have not yet watched the last 2 episodes.  I just want them to fall in love asap so we can watch some romance.  

The romance part is coming. I don't know if it counts as a spoiler but episode 7 has kind of romantic moments and it looks like there will be more in next episode. I personally think Eugenie's acting is getting better. 

On 29/12/2016 at 10:49 AM, ate said:

@dramalover99, hello, welcome to BYS thread. Actually, it's my first time to watch both Marcus and Eugenie in a drama. Never heard of them before since the last TWD I've seen was Fated to Love you. For some Taiwanese dramas, I watched a couple episodes but dropped them anytime due to work. BYS is the only series I'm watching right now. Honestly, if this drama has a cast from our country, I wouldn't watch it because the plot of the story is common but so far, to me, the story is entertaining. May be because I like stories with mystery and BYS's plot has missing parts and that encourages me to find out making theories of my own about the intriguing missing parts of the story. That element is what's keeping me watching it till now. How about you? It depends on our likes and dislikes.  

I'm watching it for both romance and the mystery part. Love how Zhao Yi Ting falls in love with Lei Xin Yu even if it he tries hard not to. I think he will suffer because it seems Xin Yu is not attracted to him as he is towards her now and he also doesn't want to fall in love with a enemy's daughter. From what I remember there aren't many revenge stories from Taiwanese dramas, although there are few revenge dramas for example like When I see You again, Hi My Sweetheart, they are just rom-coms and they all are about getting revenge for their love because the one they love hurt their feelings so I think it's refreshing to see this kind of revenge drama from Taiwan. I also love the mystery  and wonder if Lin Man is really a bad person or if she was framed. The mystery in BYS is really good for example I thought that Yi Ting is really cruel for 3 episodes then after episode 5 we realize his real motive and that he is actually not bad of a person. I love that each episode there are flashbacks of what happened in the past and previous episodes that we haven't seen before that makes us learn Yi Ting's past and how he was and actually is. I watched Marcus in Back To 1989, the drama is about time traveling and I like the  tv series but I think his acting has improved so much in BYS. I saw Eugenie in a drama called A Good Day but seen only some parts of it.

2 hours ago, dramaa said:

I personally think she is not that bad and her acting gets better as the drama progresses. I think you should watch it because the drama is more exciting now.

I agree with you. The acting is getting better and she gets to show more different sides of her character. However, I think, LX is already attracted to him. Notice her reaction, when she saw him in his bathrobe. Then later, she couldn't help herself looking at him saying that he was handsome... he would become even more handsome, if he smiled more. That was her comment. Yet, he is much more in love with her than she is with him.

@makeuptemple If you keep watching more episodes, it is getting better and better. The main male character is really intriguing as his past too. There is some mystery which makes it really interesting. 

1 hour ago, dramaa said:

I'm watching it for both romance and the mystery part. Love how Zhao Yi Ting falls in love with Lei Xin Yu even it he tries hard not to. He is falling deeply in love with her yet doesn't know it and I think he will suffer because it seems Xin Yu is not attracted to him as he is towards her now and he also doesn't want to fall in love with a enemy's daughter. From what I remember there aren't many revenge stories from Taiwanese dramas, although there are few revenge dramas for example like When I see You again, Hi My Sweetheart, about revenge, they are just rom-coms and they all are about getting revenge for their love because the one they love hurt their feelings so I think it's refreshing to see this kind of revenge drama from Taiwan. I also love the mystery  and wonder if Lin Man is really a bad person or if she was framed. The mystery in BYS is really good for example I thought that Yi Ting is really cruel for 3 episodes then after episode 5 we realize his real motive and that he is actually not bad of a person. I love that each episode there are flashbacks of what happened in the past and previous episodes that we haven't seen before that makes us learn Yi Ting's past and how he was and actually is. I watched Marcus in Back To 1989, the drama is abot time traveling and I love the drama, but I didn't really care about the couple that much any more (though I liked them in the beginning) as the story progressed however I still wanted them to get together because I want to see a happy ending and the drama's story got better later on and that what made me keep on watching it. His acting improved so much especially in crying scenes. In Back To 1989 he was good but wasn't good at crying scenes but in BYS he is really good. I saw Eugenie in a drama called A Good Day but seen only some parts of it.

What makes Zhao Yi Ting to fall in love with her is her innocence although at first he thought she was acting, but her offering help for others while she was herself the one who needs help, as she is has no home, no mother nobody to trust to, she's always smiling more or less she is playing the Pollyanna (an excessively cheerful or optimistic person.(pollyanna the pain character in Elanor H Porter's novel it's a children's book) Iam not sure yet she's attracted to him or not but I think she has some feelings..  

The drama is easy to watch, it does not make to feel like throwing something out to TV...    I want to know the story of Zhao & Lin Yan what had she done to him, his parents and loved ones...    

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you. The acting is getting better and she gets to show more different sides of her character. However, I think, LX is already attracted to him. Notice her reaction, when she saw him in his bathrobe. Then later, she couldn't help herself looking at him saying that he was handsome... he would become even more handsome, if he smiled more. That was her comment. Yet, he is much more in love with her than she is with him.

@makeuptemple If you keep watching more episodes, it is getting better and better. The main male character is really intriguing as his past too. There is some mystery which makes it really interesting. 

I meant that she is not really in love with him yet, though she just started to feel attracted to him but I think it will take some time to her fall in love with him and realize her feelings, not that Zhao Yi Ting has realized he is fallling for her either or maybe he knows his own feelings and just lies to himself.

10 minutes ago, dramaa said:

I meant that she is not really in love with him yet, though she just started to feel attracted to him but I think it will take some time to her fall in love with him and realize her feelings.

Yes, it will take her more time than ZY. I am curious how he will react, when he sees XM with LX together, while XM is trying to confess to her. Will he stop him and say that she is LM's daughter? I doubt, this would be enough.

On 29/12/2016 at 1:11 PM, makeuptemple said:

What makes Zhao Yi Ting to fall in love with her is her innocence although at first he thought she was acting, but her offering help for others while she was herself the one who needs help, as she is has no home, no mother nobody to trust to, she's always smiling more or less she is playing the Pollyanna (an excessively cheerful or optimistic person.(pollyanna the pain character in Elanor H Porter's novel it's a children's book) Iam not sure yet she's attracted to him or not but I think she has some feelings..  

The drama is easy to watch, it does not make to feel like throwing something out to TV...    I want to know the story of Zhao & Lin Yan what had she done to him, his parents and loved ones...    

Yeah I agree and I think he started to feel more worried for her and started to see how thoughtful and caring she was when Xin Yu left because she thought it was her fault that Yi Ting and Qian Ni's relationship became worse

On 29/12/2016 at 1:34 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, it will take her more time than ZY. I am curious how he will react, when he sees XM with LX together, while XM is trying to confess to her. Will he stop him and say that she is LM's daughter? I doubt, this would be enough.

From the preview it looks like Xin Yu is accepting him but maybe it's the opposite and Yi Ting misunderstands it. He is someone who runs away from things like that so I doubt he will stop Xiao Mao.

@dramaa I am not so sure that he will run away. Notice how annoyed he was, when she kept mentioning XM... So far, he has noone by his side. He likes it very much, when she seeks him. So if his brother gets her, he will be all alone again. XM's mother was really rude to him, people from the farm reject him as well. 

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@dramaa I am not so sure that he will run away. Notice how annoyed he was, when she kept mentioning XM... So far, he has noone by his side. He likes it very much, when she seeks him. So if his brother gets her, he will be all alone again. XM's mother was really rude to him, people from the farm reject him as well. 

Yeah maybe he will get so jealous that he won't run away anymore.

Btw here are some clips of Marcus Chang and Eugenie Liu and the other cast. It's not english subbed though.

33 minutes ago, dramaa said:

Yeah maybe he will get so jealous that he won't run away anymore.

And I believe, her friend will play a role in it: pushing him in that direction. She knows him better now... and she can conclude based on LX's reaction that LX is quite sensitive towards ZY.

By the way, I am glad that we keep writing to each other. :)I wished, we had more visitors here.

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

And I believe, her friend will play a role in it: pushing him in that direction. She knows him better now... and she can conclude based on LX's reaction that LX is quite sensitive towards ZY.

By the way, I am glad that we keep writing to each other. :)I wished, we had more visitors here.

yeah she can help, in the new preview Xiao Yue looks like she is feeling sorry for Yi Ting. I also wish we had more visitors, there are not many posts:(

Btw one scene of BYS has ranked 2nd for SETTV's top ten drama scenes in 2016

https://www.facebook.com/SETBehindYourSmile/videos/1339959032721829/

@dramaa Thanks for the preview!! :heart: LX will finally realise how lonely ZY is.XM's mother will make a scene, when ZY is there and LX will witness it!  Have you noticed that ML knelt down in front of ZY's father? I guess, asking for forgiveness! I am more and more convinced that the poisoning was created in order to damage LX's mother's reputation and she tried to save her company by putting all the blame on that farm. 

The Mv of He isn't worth it is out, Some people in the comments says that the opening sequence is alot better than the mv, and if the company didn't have money to shot the mv LOL. I also love the opening sequence. I wish the mv starred Marcus and Eugenie and that it had better shooting. Didn't like the mv that much either. 

And the mv of Lost On The Way is also out

hey all. 

Nay, the new preview is going to be heartbreaking. Be strong ZY, sooner or later, they will understand you, accept you and become part of the family again once everything is settled. Jia You ZY! Was hurt when Marcus/ZY cried. He's in pain. Geez, BYS is getting more and more exciting. Too bad, I'm going back to work and school in a week's time. Going to have a hard time catching up. 

@dramalover99, Actually, the more I watch Eugenie Liu play the role of LX, gradually, I've grown to like her as LX. Glad she got the role of LX. Refreshing to see new breed of actors gives life to the role assigned to them and gets better and better episode after episode.

Btw, I have this strange attitude towards on screen drama series couples (OTP), I never ever watch their future dramas with other leading men or vice versa. hehe 

Shout out to @sava2sava@thunderman1 and @40somethingahjumma! cute cat I know that you sometimes watch TW drama. I recommand it to you!

But there is one thing: the sypnosis is not correct at all. This has nothing to do with immortality so far. It is a revenge drama and I remember that @40somethingahjumma likes that kind of thing.

The male main character is interesting and intriguing! The more episodes we get, the better they are! I hope, you have time for this! It would be great if we had more visitors here!:)

Archived