[Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配

tompark

Thank you for your hard work. That is next on my drama list after a Japanese drama called Tarareba Musume. 

TZ mother took most of the available liquidity/money and placed them in properties like lot and building, which takes time to sell if they want to get the money back. One thing is that TZ mother didn't have the right to do the transaction, but the biggest problem is that the company don't have any money to keep the business going. 

Another preview:

Spoiler

TE: Tonight during the board meeting, I was like a idiot. Seeing how you and Ah Wei interact, it seems like you are a couple. You totally ignore my feelings. 

I'm really worried how they will end this. I will be soooo mad if this a bad ending (or if the ending doesn't make sense). 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@K4Ice Thanks! I haven't have time to check any drama related things lately. But yeah, I'm wondering if they are going to end this drama this week at all. My experience from Taiwanese drama is that they are not good to inform have many episodes there will be to the viewers, and with so many things going on, it seems a little bit rushed if they will end this week. 

Translation for both previews: 

Spoiler

Grandma: I have promise to give it to FQ, then I will do that. 

TE mother: Mum! If you do that, Janis will go bankrupt. 

Grandma: Enough! There will be no Janis without FQ father. 

TE mother: Mum, what do you mean? 

Grandma: That time, my son owe Wei family. If we don't return that, there will be no Huo family. 

TE mother: Owe Wei family? When do we owe them? 

Grandma: Enough! Don't say more. I have decided to do it this way. 

TE mother: Mum! 

Spoiler

Grandma: There will be no Janis without FQ father. 

FQ: So, dads accident has something to do with Huo family. 

@angelica101

I haven't caught up with 19 yet either bc of real life obligations *sighs*...  Lol yes I agree..I've watched my fair share of tawainese dramas and I never seem to know how many eps there will be...but it's usually somewhere in the 18-22 with 20 being the normal final ep. From your translations (which, thank you so so much for taking the time to do - It's so appreciated!) it seems that there must still be like another episode or 2..I don't know how they'd resolve it all this week. Also...I popped on youtube while eating breakfast...and another preview popped up lolol

@K4Ice Your welcome:) I'm glad the translations have been useful. 

Translation for the last preview:

Spoiler

FQ: You are strange today. Why do you keep saying remember this and that. And also "in the future". 

TE: Because in the future, I will not appear/be a part of your life. 

To make things worse, a new preview is up

Warning: Have your tissues ready! 

Spoiler

FQ: Huo Tingen. Open the door! Please don't be like this!

TE: I don't love you anymore. Don't look after me.

FQ: Don't go...

TE: Do not look after me

FQ: Huo Ting..... You really don't want/love me anymore? But I love him, what should I do? (x2) 

I'm glad I have some real life stuff during the airtime, then I'll have some time to decide whether I will see this episode or not. I rather just stick with just the preview till it's over and go through the whole drama at once. My heart can't handle cliffhangers well-.-

Huh? I have skipped a couple of episodes. Why would TE give up on FQ? Do I really have to watch the episodes?

I started another drama. It's not great and I think the male lead is old looking and looks like Arnold Schwarchzenegger. But I like the 2nd couple.

Is The Perfect Match ending yet?

@ck1Oz I have decided to not watch this week episode, so I can't say much. My guess is that TE is making everything easier for FQ to take over Janis with ending the relationship. Are you talking about The Masked Love? I have been following the drama since the start. It's opposite of The Perfect Match, the start is slow, but it's getting better by the end. 

Preview of next weeks episode. Same warning as previous preview. 

Spoiler

FQ: Open the door! 

TE: If it's possible, I don't ever want to see you again! 

Sorry. Wei Fen Qing, sorry. 

AW: Leave! 

FQ: Huo Ting En! Huo Ting En, where are you? Why are you always hiding? You are close by, aren't you? Why don't you want to see me? Come out and see me! 

I would make a comment even without seeing it. What qualifications does FQ have to run Janis? In a KD the MBA qualified male lead will help her. In a TW the male lead thinks it's ok to abandon her to run a company? She wouldn't even know if her people are efficient or loyal.

Masked Lover is getting better. The male lead is diconcerting though. It is so obvious the actor hits the gym a lot and takes steroid. Combined with his looks I keep feeling as if I am watching Terminator next to this petite girl.

In Masked Lover the lead Couple should have been the Gangster and nurse. Their story is the true highlight of the show.

TW Dramas have a long way to go before they reach the price toon level of a good K drama. I liked Perfect Match  to begin with but the illogical writing and  oftimes infantile heroine put me off. 

Well, TW drama is about "doing the right thing". But I totally agree, in real life, there is so much more than begin a good chief to run a business, not to mention the company have problems financially (which I assume AW fixed) and their reputation. 

Lack of money and talents plays a big role for the difference in quality we see in TW and and KD (and Chinese). It has been reported that Chris Wu (which is quite known after he got his Golden Bell "Best actor" last year) received 300,000 TWD = 68,000 Chinese yuan per episode. The media made a big thing out of this because that was the highest amount a Taiwanese actor received for starring a TW drama. But that amount is nothing compare to what he might get in China. Luhan (I know it's not a good comparison) got 1,530,000 per episode for starring Fighter of the Destiny. That's over 20 times higher! That's only the actors, what about the production team? The writers I know from earlier dramas (it's only a few though), are no longer writing for TW dramas. My guess is that they also follow the money. 

It's a funny how they decided to show how fit the lead actor (or how big his muscles is) in Masked Lover for the first few episodes. He was exercising almost every episode at least once. Their way to attract female viewers? (even though big muscles is not my thing). The second lead is definitely more easy to follow. They got the build up the Perfect Match lost by doing the opposite. 

I don't think he is particularly attractive either.  The sister character is somewhat plain IMO. What I do like is that TW and and Chinese dramas don't have cookie cutter pretty (AKA the same plastic surgeon actors) that K dramas have.  

I lost interest a few episodes back, waiting for it to end so that I can watch everything in one go

The main problem with TW dramas in general is having more episodes than what is ideal for the plot leading to irrational, draggy moments, unnecessary forced subplots etc

Korea has become better since a few years barring the stagnant daily dramas

I just started watching this and then I just read this thread. One of the main reasons I end up not watching Taiwanese dramas is the way the drag the rubbish in to lengthen the drama and spoil everything. I'm going to stop watching the drama after reading how the last few episodes have been. It's a pity at episode 3 the drama is still fun but knowing how these episodes are now it will be wasting time to continue .

I don't think the drama is not garbage. They can still save it by how they write the ending, but dramas like this where they are dragging things out, it's best to watch the whole thing at once (and save yourself from irritation over that they only air one episode each week). 

New preview from TE perspective. Not less painful to watch as the previous teasers: 

Spoiler

TE: This is the best for her (x7). This is... Sorry, I'm not brave enough. Sorry. 

We can complain about the writing, but the actors deserve to be praised, especially Chris Wu. For me, he is one of the actors that saves this drama from disaster. 

12 hours ago, hyall said:

I just started watching this and then I just read this thread. One of the main reasons I end up not watching Taiwanese dramas is the way the drag the rubbish in to lengthen the drama and spoil everything. I'm going to stop watching the drama after reading how the last few episodes have been. It's a pity at episode 3 the drama is still fun but knowing how these episodes are now it will be wasting time to continue .

I gave up at ep 6 but I might start it again.. welcoming spoilers! 

It is also extremely hard to wait one episode/week compared to the typical two dramas per day for C-dramas I am used to. XD

Chris Wu is good. That's why I came here. Occasionally when I need a cathartic moment I rewatch a TW ( can't remember the name ) . But it is the onr with Annie something and ? Chris something. Anyway it's an arranged marriage and Chris plays the ex boyfriend with the heart transplant. Who broke up with her and returned. Man the image of her crying in the rain and Chris crying in the rain is so good.

That's how I discovered I am beyond redemption. When I learnt to appareciate pain in a drama. 

So Chris Wu does pain well. But I ain't watching it until the make up episode arrives.

@hyallhyall. Oh just watch this. Then when it gets draggy go to The Masked Lover. Which actually improves. Since I wandered here anyway because of the My father is strange fauxcest plot.

On 7/16/2017 at 10:08 AM, ck1Oz said:

Chris Wu is good. That's why I came here. Occasionally when I need a cathartic moment I rewatch a TW ( can't remember the name ) . But it is the onr with Annie something and ? Chris something. Anyway it's an arranged marriage and Chris plays the ex boyfriend with the heart transplant. Who broke up with her and returned. Man the image of her crying in the rain and Chris crying in the rain is so good.

That's how I discovered I am beyond redemption. When I learnt to appareciate pain in a drama. 

So Chris Wu does pain well. But I ain't watching it until the make up episode arrives.

@hyallhyall. Oh just watch this. Then when it gets draggy go to The Masked Lover. Which actually improves. Since I wandered here anyway because of the My father is strange fauxcest plot.

I think the drama you're talking about is "Inborn Pair" starring Annie Chen and Chris Wang. Chris Wu plays the second male lead, and he is great as always. 

On 7/16/2017 at 1:43 PM, thunderman1 said:

I gave up at ep 6 but I might start it again.. welcoming spoilers! 

It is also extremely hard to wait one episode/week compared to the typical two dramas per day for C-dramas I am used to. XD

Dropped it several weeks ago and I forgot the last episode I stopped from watching.. But I'm gonna watch the finale to see how it ends. Too bad this drama has gone wrong, I thought they would fix it but the plot got blown out of proportion and I had a hard time watching it.  

Btw, the two kdramas I've followed just ended a month and an hour ago but this one not yet till now, hays, how agonizing it is! 

Archived