[Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配

tompark

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a horrible week, it's finally Friday, which means the raws are out:D

Spoiler

I can't believe Ting Ens' mother would go that far to make Ru Xi as her daughter-in-law. I mean, you want your son to her complete naked just because she has a nice body. What does she think about her son? That trick is so dirty, but her logic is even worse. Not only that, her way of "welcoming" Fenqing with that, I would say rude, speech when comparing her with Ruxi. She is the fiancée and Ting En is the one that is going to marry, not you. *calm down, it's just a drama*

And finally, we got the confirmation at here are some history between Fenqing and Ting Ens' family. I'm afraid that will be the main focus by the end and will split Ting En and Fenqing up for a while. 

What I find is funny is that even though this drama started in the over 2 months ago with just one episode per week, the history it self is just 9 or 10 days. When they finally realised that they have just known each other of less than two weeks is just so funny. If that much happens in my life in less that two weeks, I would be so exhausted. 

Two previews are out and we can expect at least one more on Monday/Tuesday. Translations are in spoilers. 

Spoiler

Ting En: Who am I to you?

Fenqing: Fiancé

Ting En: If we are no longer fake engaged, do you (still) like me? 

Spoiler

Ting En: Do you need help?

Isn't this good enough?

Fenqing: Go away!

Ruxi: Everything I, Mong Ruxi wants, no one can steal it from me

Ting En: I'm telling you now I really like you. Do you want to be my girlfriend? 

Fenqing: I....

Ting En: She is now my fiancée. If she is not coming home, we will be worried. 

Wake up, Fenqing..

Ah Wei: She is not your real fiancée. For what reason can you take her with you? 

Yeah can't believe that the writer is still making Ah Wei as competition. He's like a boy next to a man.

But man those 2 generate some chemistry on screen. In the bedroom. I didn't expect so many people witnessing the bathroom scene. I also didn't expect to sèe that the grandmother even knew FQ's family. It's going to get complicated.

In the meantime I am going to rewath episode when subs are done. Apparently I am surprised at each episode. TE actually sounds mature when he was talking to her in the bedroom. But the whole talking out loud in bed was funny. Yes.... if the drama doesn't break you up you would get a wife. Gosh have to love Chinese families traipsing in and out of the children's bedrooms.

I have been waiting all week for this episode. Thank goodness it is worth it.

@angelica101 Thanks once again for the translation. I won't post6 Friday's  previews now. I mean its waste of space and posts as your comments provide much better information. So take charge of Fridays posts.

New preview - I want to beat this brat Ah Wei. Taking advantage of a  sleepy girl and then even taking picture and then even sending it out to someone. woahh . I really want to punch this guy. Whether its fake or not, Wei Fenqing is fiance of Ting En. And this guy claims to love here. This guy deserves that F word.

@catocat Okay, I'll do that:) And also sorry for posting the exact preview after you. It's just that I can't update the posts while I'm writing....

One part of me really hate Ah Wei for how far he is crossing the line, but the other part of me still think poor Ah Wei. One side love isn't easy. When he sees all the things he has done for Fenqing is kinda wasted, I can feel his pain. What I'm afraid of is that he will be even more aggressive and he'll end up being the really bad guy at the end... 

I haven't made any comment on the episodes for 2 weeks and today here I'm with my long wall of text.

I always thing about characters age and i thought Ting En was in Mid 30's and Wei in Mid 20's. Wei's age was given earlier 26 and Hospital form provided us the that Ting En is 34 years old. Tian Zhi is around 31 then and i think Ting Li was in late 20's.

@dekaron Credit to Scriptwriter for using every cliche in a slightly different way. I think Kdramas can learn much from The Perfect Match how not to abuse Tropes and make side characters Unbearable.

@angelica101 There is no need to be sorry. You should be the one leading the charge here. You are our rescue ranger. I have lost much of sympathy for this brat Ah Wei. He wasted lot of time and actually himself family-joned. Seriously. who will think of him as a man. And luckily few things went well for Ting En. I can understand his pain but his act in preview looks pretty despicable. As @ck1Oz Ah Wei shouldn't even be a competition anymore. He is best as a close friend and that's what he played so far.

1st wife became cupid and fought with 2nd wife. It was hilarious and petty and ofcourse Malicious. Because Wei Fenqing is at the receiving end of it all. Wei has become a target point here and being used to score points over other. Ting En played quite well. A soon as Xiaobin told him about the state of party he created a plan and executed it. Not only Ting En stopped his own mother in tracks, but also got kept Wei Fenqing. This one Fake Fiance action brought lot of benefits to Ting En.

Tian Zhi -  I think this naive, simple guy who feels uneasy, lacks confidence and insecure because of his fiance and mother is at wrong too. 1st Wife says make White Curry and this guy follows it knowing well what it means to Ting En. Mother and Fiance openly talk bad about Ting En and plan to bring down La Maur and this guy just listens it, Meekly Objects and then does nothing. I know he is good by heart and mother+fiance combi rule over him but he still goes with their plans and never tries to turn the tide is annoying. He tried to setup Ru Xi with Tian Zhi because of  2nd mother+ its a good commercial combi. He is a family man but i think a divide with Ting En can occur pretty easily and might happen in future episodes. This guy needs much growth and development too. He need to make up his own mind and take his own decisions. He can't let others pull him herer and there and everywhere.

Ru Xi - Ru Xi was introduced as a professional Food Critic and Confident woman. A beauty with brain. But now she is merely here for drama + Tian Zhi + La Gina Brand promotion. She isn't even 2nd female character anymore. Scriptwriter poorly dealt with Ru Xi. I'm surprised where the time of 1 hour 12 minutes per episodes goes into. Ru Xi and Ah Wei needed development but its nowhere. Poor direction and bad writing right here. What is purpose of Ru Xi? Trying to win the heart of Ting En and this is what is going on from start of the show. Disappointment.

Ah Wei - i don't want to talk about this brat. Supported the heroine, Believe her and her dreams, stood with her. All is good and well but if you did all of it with the expectation of Heroine falling in love with you, then, accept you has ulterior motives behind all of your nice and generous acts.

Xiaobin - is cool and the most awesome character of the show.

Wei Fenqing - is already acting like a wife. Time is up for her to make the love confession.

It's Friday which means new episode:D But my PC crashed, so I didn't get the chance to see it live-.- I might be able to see it later tonight and will put some spoilers and thoughts

Anyway, here is the new previews with translation:

Spoiler

Fenqing: Your one... 

Ah Wei: ...and only

Ting En: Don't eat!

Ah Wei: Let's go! Dating (I don't why they cutting the sentences-.-) 

Ting En: You fiancé is right here and you  a date. Then what am I (to you)?

Why can you be rabbits and I can't? (ref. the picture) 

Spoiler

Ting En: Do you know the real mening behind Tiramisu? It's made for the your loved one and the message is please come back home. 

What are they doing?

Fenqing: Why are you ignoring me?

Ting En: Because I'll be jealous

Ting En's mother: Tomorrow is grandmothers birthday (80 years old)

She wants to curry made by Fenqing

Chief: I will make sure that La Mure and Ting En are going to die. 

Fenqing: Here you go, grandmother 

Yeah when TE said " I can also know/ experience jealousy " I basically swooned. I can't stand underhanded AW at present but TE is really stepping up his game.

And they are really pushing the brother's loveline. I laughed so much with this rsndom topless scene in the morning. And all female househould with 2 female guests. Hahaha.

By the way, FQ still doesn't realise she likes him? Girl is pretty clueless. I was laughing again at the whole mango analogy. What the heck? And I am aim this at the writer. This is obviously because it is a cooking show and about curries but I cracked up hearing it. I had the volume very low as I woke up in the middle of the night. I hope I didn't hear wrongly.

All these multiple confessions, 2nd lead scenes is making me anticipate a big build up to an epic make out scene coming soon. Maybe in the next 2 episodes. Looking forward to it.

Spoiler and thoughts for this weeks episode: 

Spoiler

Now I'm starting to be a little bit irritated at FQ. You have a guy that told you he likes you twice, took your first kiss and is acting like your boyfriend. Still you aren't sure about his love for you. I get you loose confidence when you compare yourself with RX, but your love isn't about a third person. I'm glad that TE is so direct with his confessions (I have seen too many dramas where the main are dragging the confession way too far) and likes FQ so much that he'll wait for her answer, but I really want to see FQ more confident about her in this situation. 

Other from that I really like the development for a possible new couple, RX and TZ. Their interactions are so cute and natural. Especially when they played in the living room when they were wet and grandmother told them to clean up. RX is so much happier with TZ than TE, so hopefully she realise it soon. 

And what can I say about Ah Wei? He is starting to get really juvenile with all this "I will protect FQ". Yeah, everyone knows that, but FQ doesn't. This situation will not be better if you doesn't tell FQ and just go to TE. This time he even send a picture of he "kissing" FQ to TE. Is that necessary? 

This video popped up on my youtube. I don't know reliable this it, but it says that this is from the filming of the drama. If this is true, this might be one of the scene on the last episode (The scene starts from 0:10). 

We got another (3 min!) preview because of the fanmeeting for this drama earlier today. Translation are in spoilers.

Spoiler

FQ: Love. The one...

AW: ....And the only

FQ: So you are one whoo sent the flowers. No wonder he is... 

AW: You still remember what I said? When you take this with you, you have to be very happy. 

TE: So your friend is so nice to you. 

Yu jie (one of the lady at nightmarket)? Then its's AW. 

Stop eating! Don't you dare to start eat again.

TE: Oh mom! What are you...

TEs mom: Tomorrow is grandmothers birthday (80 years old). She wants to eat FQ's curry. 

Wei Fenqing, in such a important day, did you just make only one dish? 

TE: Mom, what are you talking about? You....

RX: I moved in because I don't want to admit defeat before I even tried. But I don't know what to do now. 

TZ: The RX I know is a cool and confident woman. (You stole my strawberries again). Just do the things that makes you happy. I will support you. 

TE: It's my bad for putting her in this situation. 

AW: If she gets any grievance or any harm, I will come and get her back home. 

FQ: Do TE will be jealous because you took me out?

AW: All the things I do for FQ is just for one reason. I want to make her happy. From now on, I will not back off. 

FQ: Huo Ting En, why are you leaving me alone? 

Grandma: You can't use arrogance to you family. You have you treat FQ as your family member. 

TE: Because I'll be jealous. But let me think, I'm just your fake fiancé. Even though I confessed to you, but the heart is still your. If you still pick AW at the end, I will respect your decision. Because I can't do anything else. 

I want more...! Now I have something to look for when I'm done with my thesis in few days:D

What have you done @angelica101 After watching previews of Love, Timeless I was thinking i now pay less attention to The Perfect Match and then saw this 3 minute preview. Come here and you have the translation + Above video. Now i'm again vouching for The Perfect Match.

Also main youtube channels release atleast 1 inteview per week and they also contain new scenes.

Check them out and if you can please translate those interviews. Thesis demands attention 1st. hehe

So WEi Fenqing Inherits Yanis and becomes rich and TIng En starts his own small store? IF true this will be hilarious. Scriptwriter is quite lazy but when it come to our Main Characters Scriptwriter becomes all active and shows the real Enthusiasm.

Tianzhi with Ru Bi and this paid is going strong. This will give a lesson to 1st wife aka mother + that Fiance

@angelica101 wow thanks so much for the translations. 

im still loving the drama but my enthusiasm has lessened. i was hoping for more couple time by this point. Fen Qing has some more life lessons to learn but what can we say shes fiercely independent but yet a novice when it comes to her love life. 

Can Ting En get any better, he so understanding and calm when it comes to FQ..unlike Ah wei who is a two face best friend. Hes willing to wait for her and not resort to petty tricks and games.

i think i would have enjoyed this better marathon-ed, i know i keep saying that but the time frame wouldnt be such an issue when watched back to back and not week to week. i think thats one of the biggest problems with this drama we cant gauge the time, so we think she should know her feelings by now and confessed her feelings. But in reality (as real as we can get since is a drama) Ting En fell for her fast and since she has no experience she needs more time plus she doesnt think shes a match for him. 

Just wanted to say that my predictions on how grandma was connected to Fen Qing was right!!! I knew the connection was deep and would bring back some memories they wanted to forget.

The scene from the video that popped up on youtube, where FQ is in a rich girl outfit and TE is in the small food stall.. i hope thats not a future thing, like they dont get together but meet up years down the road in traded positions; she the rich girl running a restaurant chain, him a small food stall owner. Nothing wrong with doing that but not if they aren't together in the end. 

@angelica101 @funnyhunny07 .@catocat@Chipibela I am bothered by FWQ's reaction. Yes, she is supposed to have zero experience in love, but she is not a 15 years-old girl. Especially when she realised that her heart flattered, she should have known. Okay, she runs away... I can understand that but when she keeps questioning Huo TG's love, it really annoyes me a lot. How clearer can he get? He told her many times. 

As for Ah Wei, he is such a hypocrite. The offer he proposed to FWQ is so disgusting: he acts as if he was the best friend, in fact, he wants to take advantage of the situation. Then he declares that he doesn't want to hurt her. This is such a nonsense because his move will only confuse FWQ more, TG could get upset and due to their fight, WFQ and TG would get hurt. He is so selfish... while he acts as if he was selfless. 

I hope, FWQ realises that Ah Wei has been manipulating her. Moreover, she should discover his true identity. He lied to her: he has a rich family and a nice sister. Ah Wei acted as if he had no one to rely on. If Ah Wei had been truly in love with WFQ, why didn't he reveal his true identity a long time ago? Deep down, he wanted to make sure that she would love him for whom he is, yet he was not true to himself and to her. Besides, he believed, he had all the time since he thought, no one would ever be interested in a girl without wealth and connection. But Huo TG appeared before so that he had a rival. Huo TG treated WFQ so differently: he treated her like a woman and not like a best friend. Moreover, there is another difference: Huo TG doesn't care about things like social circle and wealth aso and fell in love with her because she showed a lot of understanding, care and strength. Moreover, she reminded him of his little sister.   

@funnyhunny07 . and everyone - Remember what we talked about when that camping episode was aired and what Wei Fenqing said - This is what i had expected but writer has gone ahead with its treatment and in the same vain writer is giving Ah Wei a bit too much leverage. And yes, Timeline should have been more clear.

I completely agree with @bebebisous33 comment. Ah Wei is quite sneaky. He has ulterior motives and acting like he is trying to meddle out of concern. So Ah Wei will decide whether Ting En should be with Wei or not.  Good Going idle and meddlesome Uncle.

He himself said that he wants to check out feelings of Wei and his position in her life. And even i'm feeling frustrated with the way Wei Fenqing is responding to Ting En. That kiss was nothing? Even after that the Hero is seriously Confessed to you 3 times already. Bravo Ting En for showing such patience. And more tests to overcome in next episode.

As for Manipulation - Then 1st wife aka Tian Zhi's Mother , Naive 2nd wife aka Ting En's mother and even Ah Wei can't compete against the Grandmother. The keyword is Intention and Motive. All 3 characters have bad motives but Grandma only wishes for the happiness of her own grandkids and want to right a few wrongs.

Tian Zhi and Ru Xi buildup is moving pretty fast and i think even there Grandmother will propose a solution.

@catocat & @bebebisous33 FQ needs to get a clue and so does Ah Wei i cant stand that they are teaming up to do dumb ish next episode. One in the name of getting the true feelings out and the other to get his feelings recognized. Ah Wei was so sweet in the beginning but now hes a slime ball. I wonder what FQ would say if she saw that ridiculous picture he took and sent to Ting En. Manipulation is the name of the game here, lets see who goes straight to jail do not past go...

Tian Zhi and Ruxi are moving faster than the main couple and if hey get more time together than the main im going to be so pissed...

Archived