[Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配

tompark

@ck1Oz Well, no... I watch drama from Japan, Korea, China (+HK) og Taiwan. It's just that this drama made me realise that I need to find a place to express myself (so here I am:D), but I used to just follow the forums without posting anything. Maybe you might find me in other forums in the future^_^

No prob. My biggest problem with TD is the decrease of drama production, and CD is that there are too many TV channel (and not to mention online channel) to follow. 

@Blithenostalgia Welcome! I have a similar relation when it comes to TD, Chris Wu is definitely one of my favourite actors. I haven't watched it myself, but there are good reviews about Love, Timeless (still airing). Otherwise, if you are ready for some really cheesy stuff, you can try Bromance (yeah, I know, even the name sounds cheesy). It was a BIG hit last year. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New preview: 

Spoiler

TZ: If I'm not the prince of Huo family you though, will you still go out with me? 

It's my mum and another guy child (illegitimate child)

RX: If I think that person is great, I don't care what kind of prince he is. I think Huo Tianzi is great. 

So i havent watched or commented in a while, explanation: i lost interest and ive decided to wait for episode 18 to be up before i finish the drama. I half watched ep 14 and i watched the first half of ep 15 raw and got the gist and then watched the last 10-15 with subs and that was the best part. 

Why was dragging out FQ feeling so much of the plot? Why is Ah Wei just now giving up? But i wont blame him cause it took FQ at least 5 episodes before she confessed so Ah Wei and FQ actions paralleled.

The whole family issues are dumb, idk why the story went in this direction but most TW dramas do that, the plot in the beginning are different from the second half.

I need more Chris Wu and Ivy. I cant blame them for the drama, which isnt horrible cause i do want to finish i just need to watch it in bulk  

@Blithenostalgia try Suspicious Partner (currently airing kdrama), Material Queen (older drama but one of the better TWdramas ive watched) , 

I've been lurking this thread for a while after discovering Perfect Match a couple weeks ago. But man, this new preview makes me so angry. I need a LOT of FQ and TE screen time to make up for the stupid direction this drama is going to. -_____-

Spoiler

So much of the family drama centered over the fact that TE didn't have Huo blood. I mean, they even managed to throw him out of the family based on that fact. And now that there's this revelation about his brother....man. I cannot take this drama very seriously anymore. 

@crazyducky1993 Welcome! It seems things are going the right way in the next two episodes, but Asian drama, especially Taiwanese (and HK) are almost known for having family drama in rom-com. 

There are stuff in the new episode that I need to put in spoiler so people won't hate me when they go through the forum...

Spoiler

Biggest bomb: TZ is not related to Huo family by blood. 

We don't know much about what happened and how come even his mother doesn't know that. This must be an awful secret to hold for him. It almost teared me up when he told RX about his secret and his securities, RX complimented him for doing a good job. It seems that TZ haven't gotten a compliment for years for his hard work. I'm also glad he finally broke up with YZ. She is such a clever and smart girl, but lost to the glass-celling. My biggest fear is that she might pull up some dirty tricks when the last thing she said by herself is: "I know what I what". 

TE also needed some time to get used to his new life. I can really related to the part when he was completely lost in the food market. When you lost your old life, routine and everything, it's difficult to find your own "place". I just graduated from university and was supposed to take a break while trying to find a job. But when you are no longer a student and have no job, it sometimes feels you are a lost kid in this big world. However, I'm glad TE is starting to realise what he really wants to do. 

Two previews in one video: 

Spoiler

TZ: After my observations, I suspect that you are pregnant

TE mother: You really don't have plans to return to Huo family? TZ needs you. 

TE: Janis is passed on to us by father and grandma (as an inheritance). It will...

TZ: Enough! It has nothing to do with you. 

XB: You...!

RX dad: A man need power, family background and money to protect the woman he wants to protect. That day when your woman is taken away, you will definitely use everything to take her back. 

TE: When are you considering to be my wife? 

TE mother: You really don't have any plans to return to Huo family? 

FQ: Mine! 

TE: Mine!

FQ: Shut up

TE: I want to find my new life. When are you considering to be my wife? 

Be prepared. Your wishes might come true...

I have lots of felings and things to write but alas, real life intervenes. I also haven't obviously watched ep 17 yet. But I do have a question...is it 18 eps or is it more like 20 ep? Bc mydramalist and the wiki page still say 18 but viki's page says it airs through July 13th which would i think put it at 20, which is the usual length of tw dramas...i feel like we have quite a bit of story still that will take more than 1 ep to clear up

*pops in quick*

@angelica101

Ah gotcha..thanks for clarifying that! Also, many thanks for all your translations for the previews! It's very much appreciated :) And speaking of previews.....I was just on yt and this new one happened to pop up - not sure if you've seen it yet...but definitely adds on to the one you posted earlier!

@RobinM looks like it :naughty: RAWRRR

*pops back out*

@K4Ice Thanks! I didn't check YT today, so it's great to have it posted here. 

Translations:

Spoiler

TE: Now I have nothing. Will you dislike/ignore me? 

FQ: Of course not. 

AH dad: Huo TingEn is completely crushed. As long as you will come back home, I will use all my might to help you get her back. (His word and idoms he used is harsher than I can express)

AH: I like you. I really like you. 

Like father, like son. Urgh! I can't stand those two.... 

Still haven't watched ep 15 and up cause I'm on my on-hold til it's over phase for this drama. BUT I did watch the previews you all put up and the translations thanks @angelica101 I have one thing to say cause I can't say too much since I'm sooo behind. How the heck is Ah Wei gonna confess to WQ when her bf is right there, seems rude to me but on the other hand maybe he's doing a last confessional and he wants her to be happy but he has to tell her his feeling. Hope they makeup for all the draggy relationship stuff with lots of kissing in the last few episodes. 

New preview: 

Spoiler

TZ: Yesterday.... We....

RX: Yes

TZ: Sorry, I will take the full responsibility (at the same time)

RX: You don't have to take the responsibility (at the same time)

TZ. After my observations, I suspect you are pregnant 

Hmm... This might be a fun episode

You know that was a very wet night. And TE didn't have a proper tent. I keep thinking " ouch it is not very romantic. Freezing cold in fact. "

The brother's one on the other hand is funny. Hope she is pregnant actually.

Preview for next episode: 

Spoiler

TZ or TE: If Janis is able endure/solve this issue, the company will likely to bankrupt

TE: It seems like I have to do something for Huo family. 

Yu zhe: Oh no! Janis says they will tear down the nightmarket to build buldings

Thoughts of todays episode. Two episodes left...

Spoiler

As expected, the scenes og TZ and RX was quite funny. We all knew that TZ was a good kid the whole time, but the way he reacted shows how down to earth he is. One part of me wants RX to be pregnant, but to other part of me hopes that she finds a way to shot her dads mouth. I'm wondering why he so persistent about the show power, money, marriage-thingy. Did he had a failed marriage about that or is it a problem that evolved during the years? But he and TZ mother most be soooo happy if TZ and RX decided to marry. 

When I saw the proposal from TE, I was like, ohh so sweet, but you know you guys only know each other of like... 3 weeks or so... Isn't that a little bit fast? And I really really REALLY hope that this is the last time Ah Wei is confessing his love for FQ. It's a good opportunity for him to put an end of this one-sided love and move forward. 

The second preview is in the first part of this video:

Spoiler

XB: If Janis is able endure/solve this issue, the company will likely to bankrupt

RX: So I was just a piece of your game. Then I will just go and find Huo TingEn. 

TZ: You will ruin her life if you marry her. 

AW: What are you doing? You are in a hotelroom with another woman. 

FQ: Give us back the nightmarket! Protest! 

Why are you selling the night market (the lot)? 

TE: So I can't save my family? 

FQ: You know that you with oppose to all the people in nightmarket? Nightmarket is also my family. I also need to save them. 

Nightmarket: Protest! Protest! 

Not fan of how things are turning.... When will they tell us about the relationship between FQ father and grandmother? 

Lame lame lame. I totally lost enjoyment in the last scene. To make AW wait minutes while they are kissing is just voyeuristic and such bad taste. Anyone that lingers on is just nuts. And why the heck is the writer still persisting in fostering this lame loveline? Come on, he came in after they paused and confessed? And earlier he was talking to XB as he was even in the running. It must be a TW trope to even have the 2nd lead still clinging to the delusion he still has a leg to stand on.

TZ and RZ are very cute together. Then he becomes a douchebag again.

The night market plot is just lame. I am just going to skip next week and wait for the ending episode. Sorry @angelica101 but going go bail for a bit. Waste of my Sat morning time to watch this. Going tocatch up on my Kdramas instead.

The new episode is just aired. I don't have a lot to say, partly because I'm starting to lose the interest because how big they make the whole company crisis. Spoiler: If you want more lovey-dovey scenes, just skip this episode.

Preview for next episode: 

Spoiler

Preview 1: 

FQ: I will now take the shares in Janis. 

FQ mother: Because this is originally yours. 

FQ: I want to call for an extraordinary board meeting. 

FQ mother: This is what Huo zhengnian (TE father) stole from your fathers notebook. 

AH: We in Meng family support Wei Fenqing as the new chairman of Janis. 

TE: Based on the financial power of Meng family, it will make FQ even stronger and more powerful. 

FQ mother: I will not allow you to marry Huo TingEn!

TE: Because in the future, I will not appear in your life anymore. 

Preview 2:

FQ: Your move/action make me no other choices. I will now take your shares in Janis. 

Grandmother: Let me announce the next chairman is... 

Mysterious person: Wait! 

Thanks for the heads up. I have lost interest and by the way- bride of the gods will be available on viki for you. It's my next project so at least it's keeping me interested.

What was the company crisis again for this drama? I have started watching 4 Kdramas over the weekend. That's 8hrs of tv so unless the perfect match throws in something good- no time. I can't or rather couldn't stand how the writer made AW talk as if he was even in the running. But what would I know? I have been watching the raw episodes rather than waiting till the subs are ready.

Archived