[Taiwanese Drama 2017] The Perfect Match 極品絕配

tompark

6 hours ago, funnyhunny07 . said:

@catocat & @bebebisous33 FQ needs to get a clue and so does Ah Wei i cant stand that they are teaming up to do dumb ish next episode. One in the name of getting the true feelings out and the other to get his feelings recognized. Ah Wei was so sweet in the beginning but now hes a slime ball. I wonder what FQ would say if she saw that ridiculous picture he took and sent to Ting En. Manipulation is the name of the game here, lets see who goes straight to jail do not past go...

Tian Zhi and Ruxi are moving faster than the main couple and if hey get more time together than the main im going to be so pissed...

I do agree with you. WFQ's behaviour looks so immature and I hope, she doesn't run away from him any longer. I believe that HTG's attitude will force her to do something. TZ and RX are quite cute together and I hope, she realises that she is no longer interested in TG. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The short preview is up and the longer will be available in an hour or so.. 

Spoiler

SB: A lot of things happened recently. You should really think about how to handle this. 

TE: It can be our employee, or it can also be my family member

I need to know who is behind the all of this. 

I have a bad feeling about this....

My thoughts of todays episode:

Spoiler

Did I say how fantastic this grandma is? Okay, she might be not that special when you compare it to other dramas, but she is so special for this family. Not to mention she is so funny when she is funny. She is clearly one of the reason (or maybe the only reason) he is still in this family. 

The whole jealousy thing between TE and FQ is maybe a little bit out of place. Last episode FQ was sure about her love for TE, and this episode she is asking AW to let TE be jealous? Maybe deep inside she knows her love for TE? Well, it seems so when she almost kissed TE... And I have to say Chris Wu has an amazing improvement from his first role in Autumn's Concerto to now, eight years later. Not only is he providing ideas for this drama to be better, but how he handle the emotional scenes is A LOT better. 

Is it only me who think TZ's fiancée has something to do with the evil chefs? If that's true, this is the perfect opportunity of TZ to break the engagement, and RX and TZ will be together. *please, let it be true* 

Isn't this the second time they are having scenes in preview that isn't included for the next episode. I was looking forward for the TZ and RX scene, when she finally realise TE only love FQ. 

Here is the longer preview:

Spoiler

XB: A lot of things happened in La Mure recently, the embassy dinner, grandma's 80th birthday.

FQ: What happened during the birthday? SAY!

TE: Do you want me to tell everyone the truth? 

The head chief: So you want to fire me? 

TE: I hope you can resign

TE: This if for you. This is out family's secret recipe book 

FQ: Why is dad's note in this book? 

I don't know why is I like you. 

@catocat You mentioned something about interviews in the main youtube channel. Can you give me link? I couldn't find it...

Another preview is up. I think this is the last one (and I need to stop spamming this forum): 

Spoiler

TE: Respect her, trust her. 

King of curry. You can do it. 

This is the way I love her. 

AW: Is it time I should let her go? So she can stay by his side. 

FQ: I want to be better (for you), so I can help you in the future. 

TE: So I can interpret your words as you agree to be my girlfriend? 

@ck1Oz That scene was sooo awkward and so funny. I got goosebumps for the whole scene. 

As soon as i saw the previews i visited the thread to read previews translations. Angelica is our consistent performer. I'm getting annoyed now the way scriptwriter is streathing all the love confession scene. Fake engagement, you like me or not, My girlfriend or not. Move on scriptwriter. And AH Wei hasn't added anything to the show. Wei Fenqing's rough patch of feelings has run a bit too long. WE don't want ahh.. umm.. or any confused answer. We want straight answer from Wei Fenqing which is what her character is.

@angelica101 have you seen this one? Rest of it will be helped by Youtube recommendations. Check right side.

Also try https://www.youtube.com/user/SETShowBiz/videos

They have many interview videos of Ivy Shao and that singer guy. YOu can also try show's chinese name + Filter your search and will find many. I don't like to mention unofficial channels but there are channels out there having these vidoes.

The previews of the next episode are out: 

Spoiler

TE: I want you to disturb me. I want you to annoy me. I hope you will always thinks of me. Please trust me. I want to go out with you. Everything I'm saying is true. 

Spoiler

Grandma: I'll give Wei Fenqing 10% holdings in the company. This is my present for my future granddaughter-in-law. 

Stepmother: This means our stocks in the company...

TZ: Mum, don't worry. I'll take back the leader role in Janis. 

FQ: Why are you turning off the lights when you know I'm afraid of darkness?

TE: Because when the lights are off, you will not go away. 

Brian: These inspectors said that the oil we are using is gutter oil, so we can't use it. What are we going to do when this spreads out? 

TZ: We need a person to take the responsibility and quit. 

TE mother: TE is kicked out of the family. 

FQ: Kicked out of the family? How did it happened? 

Oh my... The next episode might be an awful episode:wacko:

Oh brother I woke up in the middle of the night and was going to wait for the raw. Maybe now I won't. Ergh. Gutter oil. I know what that is. How can they even think that a Michelin stsr restaurant would use gutter oil. They charge high enough prices to afford good quality oil. Did the writer read one too many China scandal articles? It would be more believable that they use inferior meat or claimed to used organic ingredients or didn't.

Such a childish idiotic plot. And any grandmother who gives 10%stock options in a multi- million dollar company is nuts. The prenuptial agreement should be locked tight.

Also maybe it's because I am Asian and I live in Australian where we export seafood. And seen the prices for the lobsters. And eaten lobsters, crayfish, yabbies etc. And sashimi grade salmon at the fish market. But the thought of wild lobster smothered in curry made my stomach cringe at the sacrilege. There is certainly enough meat. And lobster meat taste robust enough but one tends not to want to drown such an expensive meat. Anyway it is just me. And I did google a lot of lobster curry recipes to check the richard simmons levels. But when I think of the prices I would pay for a lobster at the fishmonger. Then going home to put it in a curry? I just can't do it. Literally can.

Luckily . @angelica101 I have stopped being so addicted to this show so not as upset. And started a new Korean drama Fight my way. Plus signed on to an upcoming KD-haven't worked on a project for almost 1 yr+. It would he interesting to see if my skills have gone rusty or the software changed.

The romance has actually moved pretty slowly for me here. And the back and forth on the indecisive FQ irritating. No self respecting late 20s Taiwanese woman can be that naive. And AW has been irritating to the max. He pales significantly as the lovesick swain. And after the unconscious selfie been disgusted with him. The actor doesn't have enough screen charisma. Plus he looks too young. Young enough that he doesn't look old enough to even have a wife.

I even dropped Man to Man.  I am now stuck with My father is strange and The Perfect Match. I just watch the raw these days don't even bother going back when it's subbed. If I am really addicted would rewatch scenes to see if I understood things. But don't think there are any scenes worth rewatching. A 27 year old who childishly wants to provoke jealously to a guy who has confessed twice, whom she has kissed and slept in the same bed twice? Then can only clutch the back of his sweater? Shesh.... doesn't bode well with her initiating any swoon worthy moments of her own.

Also the way AW talked to TE when they overheard the employee? Like he is on equal footing with TE? A night market chicken shop and a restaurant chef- owner? I am trying hard not to discriminate. But the tone when he asked TE what he would do re industrial sabotage with his business? Isn't he a tad presumptuous? I think I have watched too many KD. Why would a younger man with a small shop think he can ask a man who runs a business with multiple employees including trained chefs and be conversing about business at the same level? Unless his chicken is free ranged. And he uses premium seasoning. And also source his food within 10 milies of his store. Thinking about small shop owners who market their food business. Into a boutique or exclusive taste experience. But nah, AW's business acumen doesn't go that high.

Missed the first 30 minutes during live, but finally got to see the whole thing. 

@ck1Oz I have the same feeling. I think one of the biggest problem is that the romance between TE and FQ went too fast in the beginning, so when the scriptwriters need to slow down the development, it feels like nothing is happening. Even though FQ is able to tell her feelings to TE in this episode, it feels like the romance is dragged out. This might be one of the main reason for the decline in the ratings for the past two episode. 

One of the few highlight is the scenes with XB. Even though he is so random and overreacting in some cases, I really appriciate his existence. Without him, this drama might be just one of many, many straight forward rom-com. 

Other from this, Masked Love and My Father is Strange, I have nothing to watch<_< Whats saddens me most is that Taiwan isn't producing as many new dramas as before. Sanli (TV channel) has been putting old dramas for the same timeslots in rest of the week... 

8 hours ago, angelica101 said:

Missed the first 30 minutes during live, but finally got to see the whole thing. 

@ck1Oz I have the same feeling. I think one of the biggest problem is that the romance between TE and FQ went too fast in the beginning, so when the scriptwriters need to slow down the development, it feels like nothing is happening. Even though FQ is able to tell her feelings to TE in this episode, it feels like the romance is dragged out. This might be one of the main reason for the decline in the ratings for the past two episode. 

One of the few highlight is the scenes with XB. Even though he is so random and overreacting in some cases, I really appriciate his existence. Without him, this drama might be just one of many, many straight forward rom-com. 

Other from this, Masked Love and My Father is Strange, I have nothing to watch<_< Whats saddens me most is that Taiwan isn't producing as many new dramas as before. Sanli (TV channel) has been putting old dramas for the same timeslots in rest of the week... 

It happens quite often with T-dramas..  I haven't been able to finish a T-drama in the last two years,.

New preview: 

Spoiler

Brian: The inspectors said that the oil we are using is gutter oil, and we can't use it. 

Stepmother: All the news media are going to report this case. We need to take action first. 

TE: So the closest family member, would because of power, suddenly act like stranger. 

FQ: If you don't know where your family is, then I will be your family. No matter where you are in the future, I will be there. 

Aaaand one more preview (I guess this is the last one for this week): 

Spoiler

TZ: Since you are going to cooperate with us, please all your ties with Janis. 

TE: Didn't I always want to leave the Huo family? Why do I feel abandoned? 

Thanks @angelica101 for previews translations. So we are ready to see that interview Scene of Ting En managing the street stall.

Episode 13 and 14 were terrible. Episode 15 all planned eviction of that chef looks filler at 1st glance but actually its reveal is build from the 3rd episode itself. So i liked how they all teamed up and throw out that guy from La Maur.

In Opening Wei looks quite positive and lively + innocent but in past few episodes Wei lost many personality points and even irritated the viewers but now the incosistnet Wei is getting back her style and seem more proactive towards her and Ting En's feelings. I think Scriptwriter dragged all this love confession for too long.

Xiao Bin the saving grace here. His overreactions and overacting actually suits this show.

@ck1Oz Don't expect logic here. 1 nonsense scene per episode is the norm of Taiwanese dramas. Suddenly Ah Wei became a Chef and started to make cool dishes. Yeah, yeah.

As I said before - I started to lose enthusiam for this show few weeks ago and it was only Angelica's previews and Friday episode that generated some excitement in me.

Right now i'm much interested in LOVE, TIMELESS. That show has its own illogical events but overall that show is doing good.

I urged members to watch it and now again recommend Love, Timeless to everyone out there.

Tian Zhi - I made long paragraph on this guy in previous comment and now i'm saying it again this guy is willful Spectator. He acts like he is better than His mother and Fiance but he isn't. He feels insecure and Inferior infront of Ting En and this is what coming forth in upcoming episodes. He knew what his mother and fiance were upto but never stopped and made half hearted complaints every now and then. I think these 3 episodes will decide which path Tian Zhi want to take. This guy needs to make a decision now.

It's ok I don't expect logic but if it is too irritating I drop dramas. So I am taking a 3 week break so I can fast forward to see what happens.

Besides I have volunteered for a Kdrama do immershing myself for a sageuk. My Korean is bad when it comes to historical drama. I just came here because I was interested to see Chris Wu in a male lead role.

Last preview is for next week. Here is the longer preview: 

Spoiler

TE: You are not used that I'm wearing like this, I'm no longer attractive as before. I guess you don't like me...

FQ: I like! You are so cute. 

YQ: Everything I want is yours! Don't you want that? 

TZ: What I want is that we are together for real love, not take advantage of each other. I don't want to see you again. 

XB: ... And not help my buddys rival to snatch the girl. 

AW: Am I that kind of person? 

XB: Yes! On the outside you look like the prince of chicken cutlet. You have (special) background. Who are you? 

FQ: I will always stay by your side. 

Long story short, big part of the episode is about TE being kicked out of the family, which is not my favourite part of the plot. One thing is that you are fired, but to kick someone out of the family is big stuff. It seems to me that TZ is actually trying to protect his closets family from the coming disaster. Poor kid. He haven't gotten much help from his mother, and now he is taking all the responsibility for himself. 

Excited for the next episode though. TE as a "normal" worker and in nightmarket will definitely be a nice change for him. 

Pss! The cast has been teasing us for a while that something awesome will be shown during the last episode, something that makes the whole plot perfect. I have no idea of what that is, but I guess it will be something like they did by the end of the last episode in Bromance.... 

The end of the last episode? The corridor kiss? I am going to fast forward skip.... anything worth watching this episode? 

I am well and truly getting over my interest in this drama. And am surfing for a new show. 

Additional- never mind. It was the last 5 min. Yawn.

@ck1Oz Not that I can recon... All I remember is a small jealousy confession from FQ, breakfast date, RX leaving and TE kicked out of family. Not my favourite episode...  I'm also starting to loose interest, it's just that I hate to stop so close to the ending-.- Bad habit...

Found the video about the "small surprise". If someone is good in Chinese can take a look. She wasn't so clear about that, but she mention something about a new season or a complete changeover in the plot (I don't see how they can put in a new season for this, especially when it's not normal for Taiwanese to do that). Starts at 8:05. 

I can't help you there. I would think just a plot twist right? So up to episode 18 and that's it? 

I think I have reached my quota of Chinese drama for this year. I have tried skimming some other shows but nothing interest me. The problem is they make the side characters so shallow in TW. There are no viable side plotsto distract me if the main leads are going round and round.

@angelica101 do you only stick to Chinese dramas? I haven't seen you posting anywhere else. Nice meeting you. If you see a good TW could you please pm me? I have no one watching TW or CD to let me know if there are new good shows. All my friends are KD people and I get recommendations from them. It's easier since they are subbing and tell me what shows to avoid. 

discovered this drama a few weeks ago from a friend and I'm loving it so far! finally caught up on all the episodes and now I have to wait till next week. since college, I haven't watched as many Taiwanese dramas, but looking back, I realized the last one I watched was also with Chris Wu - What is Love....and before that was Autumn's Concerto....which also had Chris. HAHA. didn't realize I became a fan, but this one I definitely am a fan of him! He definitely matured and I love his interactions with his assistant, Xiao Bin, they are hilarious together! glad I could join you guys in this thread! :)

btw, since this is finishing soon, what other good Taiwanese/Korean dramas would you guys recommend? I recently finish Bo Dong Soon. 

Archived