[Drama 2017] My Secret Romance 애타는 로맨스

czakhareina

@quockhanh45

Ooooh.. Song Ji Eun.  an idol.. which I don't even know who she is or the group. My bad.. sorry peeps. As long as she can act, she's got chemistry with the lead, and can win us with her character..  I hope she does well. I'll be  checking this one. Thanks for the update

Welll...

On 11/5/2016 at 6:28 PM, czakhareina1 said:

do you have any other girl in mind? I would like for Jung SoMin to get another lead material drama, only because I am pretty biased with er... but other than come to mind is Jung Yumi... or kim seulgi... hahahaha any other candidates you can think of?

@czakhareina1 I was thinking  Chae Soo Bin? Blue Birds house? I don't really know much about actresses who are  good in rom-coms.

On 11/5/2016 at 10:26 PM, evie7 said:

@jongski Hello chingu I loved him as SM too, he was the only reason I watched FC's that turned out to be one of the years best dramas on my list.

@evie7 I absolutely agree about FC! same with you, it's part of my  top 5 best dramas of 2016. SH shine there along with other SHS. I'm glad to see SH in another rom-com and without the cringe ( I hope).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/7/2016 at 4:50 AM, evie7 said:

I'm going to be camping out here chingu, I know we probably won't hear much about this drama for a while, but I just can't wait to watch him in something new.  Thanks for the welcome

hahaha me too. made this thread so that I can camp out here... hahaha

On 11/7/2016 at 6:25 AM, ororomunroe said:

Yes, SH finally gets another lead role! I've been a fan since New Tales so I'll definitely be watching this. I hope it comes out early 2017, I don't want to wait til June -_-

@evie7, you forgot about me, @bebebisous33, @valsava and @UnniSarah :D 

@czakhareina1 thanks for creating this thread. 

Oh My gawd.. I too was a fan since New Tales... actually started Five Children cause I saw that both SooHyang and Him were cast.. i thought I would have another go at their pairing.. but I was wrong.. they were not paired together which made me sad a little... well until I saw how sizzling his chemistry with Shin Hyesun is...

So pumped up with this drama. he always has great chemistry with whoever he is paired with..

and at @andy78 @UnniSarah @kaftanbatikcantik   welcome to this thread.... its great to see more people get excited about SungHoon casting

@jongski chae soobin... oh i like her.. I mean I like her in all of her dramas.. especially in Blue birds...

but sadly our preferences were not granted.. cause someone else is the leading female...

Song Ji-eun cast as Sung Hoon’s leading lady in My Secret Romance

songjieun_11.jpeg

Hm, okay, I’m recalibrating my expectations. Last week when I heard that Sung Hoon(Five Kids) was headlining a rom-com drama called My Secret Romance from the 1% of Anything PD, about a couple who has a one night stand and then runs into each other unexpectedly three years later, I was excited because the story sounded fun, and because I’m really enjoying the low-key, natural chemistry and pleasantness of 1% of Anything. Plus, Sung Hoon has been on the rise and I was thinking this might be the one to catapult him into drama leading man status.

read full: 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/song-ji-eun-cast-as-sung-hoons-leading-lady-in-my-secret-romance/

20 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

That's fair enough. I'm first in line for SJS so I'll (reluctantly) give way to you for SH :P

Chingu as long as we are 1st and 2nd it's all good

6 hours ago, jongski said:

Ooooh.. Song Ji Eun.  an idol.. which I don't even know who she is or the group. My bad.. sorry peeps. As long as she can act, she's got chemistry with the lead, and can win us with her character..  I hope she does well. I'll be  checking this one. Thanks for the update

Let's see how she does in this role. I believe the lead actress in Noble My Love was an idol too and I enjoyed her in it.

@andy78  @UnniSarah @quockhanh45 @kaftanbatikcantik Hello chinguscrazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif Happy your joining us.

@czakhareina1 We will just camp out here together.camp-fire-smiley.gif Waiting for Sung Hoon.

Hi @czakhareina1 thanks for creating this thread. I like Sung Hoon since Faith. He's a very good looking guy with a hot body :wub:. Definitely must watch. Then I checked who is Song Ji Eun and found out she's my fave in Secret. This means definitely 101% I MUST watch this drama because of them two plus the storyline is interesting even though this plot has been used numerous time in Korean Dramas, yet I'm still interested :lol:.

Ahhh I see @UnniSarah @evie7 and @jongski are here already.

24 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Hi @czakhareina1 thanks for creating this thread. I like Sung Hoon since Faith. He's a very good looking guy with a hot body :wub:. Definitely must watch. Then I checked who is Song Ji Eun and found out she's my fave in Secret. This means definitely 101% I MUST watch this drama because of them two plus the storyline is interesting even though this plot has been used numerous time in Korean Dramas, yet I'm still interested :lol:.

@alekaonu... Omo Omo alllll my chingu's are going to be watching this drama. So happy to see you here chingu dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifdancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

On 11/8/2016 at 8:29 AM, evie7 said:

Chingu as long as we are 1st and 2nd it's all good

Let's see how she does in this role. I believe the lead actress in Noble My Love was an idol too and I enjoyed her in it.

@andy78  @UnniSarah @quockhanh45 @kaftanbatikcantik Hello chinguscrazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif Happy your joining us.

@czakhareina1 We will just camp out here together.camp-fire-smiley.gif Waiting for Sung Hoon.

hahaha will do...

12 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Kim Jae Young join 'My Secret Romance'.

okay steadily building up some cast...  i dont know this guy.. anyone know who he is?
he kinda reminded me of Kim Youngkwang with the lankiness and height... but other than that nothing else...

On 11/8/2016 at 10:01 AM, alekaonu said:

regarding the plot.. yup definitely seen that a few times.. sometimes cliche are a bust... but I am gonna trust the director.. he was able to make the remake of 1% of something enjoyable and endearing to watch... and I never thought that was possible since I loved the original with Kang Downgwon...

Song Ji Eun Joins My Secret Romance

4u9x6tsn5k2ks8patecihyo2oqc1yhsr.jpg
[by Ent Team] Song Ji Eun gives acting a fresh try.

Song Ji Eun will be playing the female protagonist in upcoming drama series ‘My Secret Romance.’ Lee Yoo Mi is the kind of woman who is really hard to attain emotionally. She works as a nutritionist for a conglomerate. She will be facing Sung Hoon in the role of Cha Jin Wook, the male protagonist. 

Lee Yoo Mi often prepares meals for plenty of persons, but she never got the chance to cook for someone she loves. She’s bright and cheerful, but when it comes to love and relationships, she happens to have a pretty conservative mind. Having suffered from a traumatic love experience, she expresses her feelings in a very subtle way. 

Song Ji Eun is girlgroup Secret’s main vocal but she already piles up acting experiences from web dramas to TV series on tvN or KBS1. In ‘My Secret Romance’, she is expected to catch the viewers’ attention with her lovely and bright character. 

Opposed Sung Hoon, in a flirting relationship, she will be tightrope walking throughout the series. There is a high interest in how their relationship will evolve and this is probably what the public is going to focus on. 

‘My Secret Romance’ tells the story of sly Cha Jin Wook (Sung Hoon) and Lee Yoo Mi (no information on the casting yet) who meets three years after their first, unique, encounter: a one night stand. This comedy treats flirting and how romance can be created from fleshly memories with courage and confidence.

Meanwhile, the filming of ‘My Secret Romance’ will kick off very soon. (photo by TS Entertainment)

14 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Jung Da Choi is second lead

is this girl the same as this girl? Jung daSol? 

81238133.1.jpg

credit sports.donga.com

Anyway role is named Joo Hyeri who is 25 years old and is the youngest announcer..

tumblr_og657pb1oL1sz568uo6_1280.jpg

anyway they are casting relative unknown... which kinda worries me... crossing my fingers this will be a great surprising drama like 1% of something drama despite the relative unknown in the cast

anyway here is what I collected of all the casting and character info the past few days...
the two main character description has been available in dramabeans/BNT news...
but the 2nd leads, I just got from google translate..
so if there are any additional or mistake.. please make sure to share...

CAST of CHARACTERS

tumblr_ogemgcWIXJ1sz568uo4_400.jpg
Sung Hoon plays Cha Jin-wook, a second-generation chaebol who only dates casually until he meets the heroine, and starts to change. He’s the type of guy all the woman are crazy about, but he doesn’t particularly feel anything for them and enjoys partying and going to clubs, always finding himself in the spotlight wherever he goes.

tumblr_ogemgcWIXJ1sz568uo3_400.jpg
Song JiEun
plays Lee Yumi, perpetually single 25-year-old lady with a bright personality that is a bit prim and doesn’t bother to wear makeup or do her hair, but somehow they get caught up in the mood of the night; She’s initially charmed by his sly, playful personality and they spend the night together and with rather conservative when it comes to dating, she’s shocked with herself when she has a one-night stand.
tumblr_ogemgcWIXJ1sz568uo1_400.jpg
Kim Jaeyoung plays Jung Hyuntae, 28 years old book store owner that sells coffee and beer. He and Lee Yumi are childhood friends but he is nursing a unrequited love with her since they were in highs school.

tumblr_ogemgcWIXJ1sz568uo2_400.jpg
Jung Dasol plays Joo Hyeri, a 25 year old beauty-brains-charm-in-one lady. This triple thread lady was youngest ever announcer at age 23. She grew up in a very conservative family who made sure she was well educated and capable.

Yay, I am so over the moon hearing this news about this drama. As evie7 knows:D, Noble My Love is my most fave SH work so this new drama following a similar theme sounds fantastic. The actress to play opposite him is so beautiful - he always has great chemistry with him romantic partners, so no doubt, the same will hold true here. Image result for sung hoon 1983 support

Am hoping his look for the drama will be similar to how he appeared recent event:

Jeong Da-sol, a pretty and cute bad girl in upcoming drama "My Secret Romance"

photo782884.jpg

Jeong Da-sol is turning into a strict announcer who has a crush on Seong Hoon in "My Secret Romance".

She takes on the role of Joo Hye-ri, the youngest announcer there is who is from a conservative family. Seong Hoon plays Cha Jin-wook, Song Ji-eun plays Lee Yoo-mi, Kim Jae-young plays Jeong Hyeon-tae and Jeong Da-sol plays Joo Hye-ri.

Joo Hye-ri is a pretty announcer who is popular with a lot of the men but not with the one man she wants.

Her goal in life is marrying Cha Jin-wook who is perfect to her and Lee Yoo-mi is her rival. Joo Hye-ri interferes with Lee Yoo-mi and Cha Jin-wook and adds tension to the drama.

"My Secret Romance" is a romantic comedy about Cha Jin-wook, and Lee Yoo-mi who has been single all her life. The drama is 100% pre-produced.

Source: TenAsia | Translation: Hancinema | November 10, 2016

Archived