sugarplum892

photo Sur 61.jpg

cr avirtualvoyage

Details:

Chinese title: 外科风云/ Wai Ke Feng Yuan
English title: Surgeons

Genre: Medical, Romance

Episodes: 44

Director: Li Xue (Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜, The Disguiser 伪装者)

Broadcast Period: April 17, 2017 - May 10, 2017

Replacing: Across the Ocean to See You 漂洋过海来看你

Cast:

Jin Dong as Zhuang Shu

Bai Bai He as Lu Chen Xi

Li Jia Hang

Lan Ying Ying

Liu Yi Jun as Yang Fan

Hu Ge (guest star)

Synopsis:

Is it possible to search for answers to a death that occurred almost 30 years ago?

Zhuang Shu (Jin Dong) is a successful cardiothoracic surgeon who has been practicing in the United States. He returns to work at a general hospital in China to find answers to a malpractice case that happened 29 years ago that resulted in the death of a patient.

Zhuang Shu’s mother, the nurse involved in the case, was forced to resign. Then she saw her 4-year-old daughter kidnapped and then died in a car accident herself.

Fellow cardiothoracic surgeon Lu Chen Xi (Bai Bai He) happens to be the daughter of the patient who died in the malpractice case. After she stands up to the hospital director, Yang Fan (Liu Yi Jun), she is demoted to the emergency department.

Can Chen Xi help Zhuang Su find out the truth to what happened nearly 30 years ago that changed both their families’ fortunes forever?

Cr Viki

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Surgeons 外科风云 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Surgeons 外科风云 Raw Episodes

Jin Dong Official Soompi Thread

Hu Ge Official Soompi Thread

The Disguiser 伪装者 Official Drama Thread

Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜 Official Drama Thread

Across the Ocean to See You 漂洋过海来看你  Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just watched 4 episodes in 1 go last night...it is a really fast paced show & i didnt expect the operation scenes to be so realistic!

Jin Dong is so hot...I did not expect that...I cannot wait to watch him finally in a romantic role! kisses!!!

does anyone know the scheduling of the program?  and any ideas on HuGe's role?

@dekaron it kinda works but your version doesnt appear in the quote box...but thanks at least its blue...

I watched last night's episodes 7 & 8 and i really love the scriptwriter for writing this character Lu Cheng Xi

Spoiler

So often we have female lead characters who act like the 'perfect person' who endures all miseries silently and never ever show any emotions but tears...

Last night's episode 7 & 8 showed Lu Cheng Xi throwing a tantrum! How refreshing to finally see that a strong female lead actress can give in to her feelings and get angry and blow her top and be unreasonable! Best part was Jin Dong's character watching her throw her tantrum with amusement...& his ready admittance that it was his fault for making her angry! 

cannot wait for her ex-boyfriend to reappear in the show and make Jin Dong's character upset!

@chocolatefruitnutThe ex has to be placed close to ChengXi at work, Jin Dong is already at her home along with the being around at work. Unless he messes up due to revenge he has the upper hand for now  

I'm currently watching 2 other Chinese dramas along with this Across the Ocean to See You and Fox's Summer. All 3 have strong female leads , recently only pure melodramas and Korean daily dramas have the noble idiocy 24*7 crying female leads who constantly take abuse 

Hi y'all. Currently doing a marathon of this drama. My thoughts once I'm done.

The actor looked familiar was thinking if it's Decoded or Disguiser. I think it's the latter.  I'm watching  also Fox's Summer ( aka Fox Falls in Love) yes to strong female leads

Liking this drama!   first 2 episodes and already I'm getting bad vibes from Chief Yang! Grr! He's also doing some unethical business favoring medical staplers from company supplying staplers.  He's not warm to LXC I wonder why.  I like LXC she's tough,  she tells how it is.. granted she's lacking the emotional comfort to patients but I root for her! 

Also who do you think is the sister of ZS? at first I thought it was the intern who was reprimanded but don't think so.

The medical terms though. on point even though I'm completely clueless. First time watching c-medical drama. It's good! and it's fast actually! unlike kdrama.The last medical drama I watch  was last month's  ALife (good  jdrama with Kimura Takuya- brilliant in his role).

Only ep 2 and I feel this will be current fav cdrama.  Back now to marathon Ep 3.-10. More thoughts  later.

I watched all the episodes. I like LCX! she spurs out her feelings. If she doesn't like it she doesn't like it. If she sees something amiss she says so, but she also can empathize in her own way.  ZS is more amused at her.  The scene when he was talking to chief Yang, few step away with his back turned and  she took a photos of him with her iphone and ..stolen shots had me grinning in a way because that scene kinda reflects reality.

However, I don't feel anything love chemistry between them. Maybe because lead actor just looks older than lead actress. I actually suddenly thought.. him and Ha Ji Won in drama would be good. Oh well dunno where that6 came from. Ha ha.

So ZS is out for revenge and to avenge what happened when he was child who witness what happened to his mother blamed for death of patient who happens to be the father/mother of LCX. There was malpractice and with all that's going on the flashback showed zs mother hang herself?

LCX will be caught in the middle as she is prodigy of Director Fu, her mentor. But she's getting close to ZS too.

I'll wait for several more episodes to be sub then I'll binge again this drama. It's good at least it's not the depressing kid of medical drama.

OT There's another drama I'm watching.. Heirs/Medal of Heirs.. something like that. it stars Hawick Lau but hasn't been sub yet so decided to check Surgeons first.  I ended up liking this.drama ^^

I started watching this because of Jin Dong. 

7 hours ago, jongski said:

... However, I don't feel anything love chemistry between them. Maybe because lead actor just looks older than lead actress. 

Ya, I agree with you. But their looks reflect accurately the timeline in the drama - LCX was born during that incident when the boy looked about 8 to 10 years old? I think the romance will get muddled along the way, eg. does he feel guilt that his Mother was somewhat responsible for her father's death? 

Certain angles of BBH reminds me of Park Shin Hye, and I'm getting flashes of K-Drama, Doctors, which also had a matured male doctor and younger female doctor pairing. 

I'm enjoying scenes with their coworker and cotenant, Dr Chen. He livens up the drama whenever he appears. Also that senior nurse with LCX. I skip the parts when the old Doctors talk among themselves, and also the surgeries. Heh heh ...

On 4/22/2017 at 3:02 PM, jongski said:

Liking this drama!   first 2 episodes and already I'm getting bad vibes from Chief Yang! Grr! He's also doing some unethical business favoring medical staplers from company supplying staplers.  He's not warm to LXC I wonder why.  I like LXC she's tough,  she tells how it is.. granted she's lacking the emotional comfort to patients but I root for her! 

Also who do you think is the sister of ZS? at first I thought it was the intern who was reprimanded but don't think so.

The medical terms though. on point even though I'm completely clueless. First time watching c-medical drama. It's good! and it's fast actually! unlike kdrama.The last medical drama I watch  was last month's  ALife (good  jdrama with Kimura Takuya- brilliant in his role).

Only ep 2 and I feel this will be current fav cdrama.  Back now to marathon Ep 3.-10. More thoughts  later.

I too marathoned this drama today. Just finish watching episode 10. @jongski I am quiet enjoying each medical cases that the doctors treat and the story that comes with it. (何杜娟) Chu Jun ----- I believe she is ZS/BX sister. She too was kidnapped and the parents who raised are not her real parents. CJ  and ZS are already bonding in the brother and sister relationship. Besides I think YF might already know who she is because he places Chu Jun in the path OF ZS  so HE CAN DISTRACT HIM FROM HIS REVENGE UNTIL HE CA GET RID OF FB AND LCX. 

44 minutes ago, omiki said:
8 hours ago, jongski said:

... However, I don't feel anything love chemistry between them. Maybe because lead actor just looks older than lead actress. 

Ya, I agree with you. But their looks reflect accurately the timeline in the drama - LCX was born during that incident when the boy looked about 8 to 10 years old? I think the romance will get muddled along the way, eg. does he feel guilt that his Mother was somewhat responsible for her father

@omiki   Chingu, I agree this drama has the feels of Doctors with PSH and KRW.  That is why I am sooo feeling the romance betwee LCX and ZS.  know that you and @jongski isn't feeling it but I in-love-cheetah-emoticon.gifin-love-cheetah-emoticon.gif I just can't get over the feels. :bawling::wub::D:D I hope that you guys will eventually get the feels.  I definitely believe that ZS is feeling guilty for LCX for losing her father but this man wants to right the wrong that his mother has suffered. He still haven't found his sister and what if the disappearance to his sister s connectedd to the framing of his mother causing the death of LCX. 

Trailer for Episode 14

Utterly hilarious when Dr Chen comes on and rattles his part towards the end of the video and ends with

Spoiler

summarised: Dr Zhuang (Jin Dong) is acting like that cos he is jealous. (cos he and Dr Zhuang wanted to have dinner at a restaurant but bumped into Dr Lu & her ex)

1 hour ago, chocolatefruitnut said:

@jongski  @UnniSarah  Re: ZS sister

Reveal hidden contents

I thought she's supposed to be a violinist...you can see someone playing the violin in the hospital in the beginning of the show's ost

@chocolatefruitnut.....I think your right my friend. Then I can continue to hate Chu Jun. I tried to like her for ZS's sake. Since you have stated that I can continue with my preference. Truthfully I hate , I mean  I REALLY HATE WEAK WOMAN IN DRAMA'S. IT BORES ME TO TEARS AND richard simmons ME OFF. 

Fu is too weak at hospital politics, I wonder how he got this position when getting a chief position itself is crazy hard ( Great White Tower ). He does not seem to have anyone above him to be a puppet

ZS was quick to figure out the hospital politics after just 1 round of moves. This guy is good at everything while already being the best at surgery skills, the only weakness to exploit is via the old case

Archived