[Drama 2016-2017] Solomon's Perjury 솔로몬의 위증

Go Seung Ji

@ecs707a  yay, I realized  Seo Young Joo character here will be short because he was the dead student Lee so woo. If I'm understanding it correctly. The boy  froze to death. I realized now where I've seen him. He did a cameo in  Hello Monster aka I Remember You starring PBG and SIG. he appeared in ep 6 -7.

Anyway.  CJH is one scary dude. If viewers  have seen Revenge: Master of God noodles, I once said he was like Hanniba (Silence of the Lamb) in that drama.

Waiting for this drama. Hope it's done  right and we'll get good adaptation of the j-movie.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to be MIA.

I had a hard time signing into Soompi.
And when I do sign, for some reason, hard to get into this thread, and sometimes hard to post here.
Whatever they are doing to Soompi forums (Including those non-stop pop up messages) is driving me nuts.
And I try to post several times, and nothing happens. It keeps saying saving, but it is not posted.

Even this post, did not come through with the quotes from you all. I had to take them off, for it to post. Very strange.

@ecs707a, hi...   Little Cutie Says Hello emoticon Glad you are joining us. From your list above, I am mostly concerned about the scriptwriter.
I want to trust Jo Jae-Hyeon that he chooses his projects well (I know he always does a fabulous job), but even his last (?) project "Master: King of Noodles" could have been a thousand times better, with a better scriptwriter.
I love the fact that JTBC is giving a chance to relatively new talent.

@ecs707a,  , @jongski,    I love Seo Young-Joo; I have been following him ever since he blew my mind in "Juvenile Offender," which I saw in our local International Film Festival.  (for which he received Best Actor in Tokyo Int'l Film Festival, as well as Cinemanila Int'l Film Festival.). I actually just recently watched him in an older film -  Moebius by Kim Ki-Duk (with Jo Jae-Hyeon also.). He really never disappoints, and he chooses his projects well too.
Yes, he was nominated for the Drama Special "Snowy Road."  Many of us are still waiting for English subs for it. It is also to be released soon as a theatrical version. I have been sending sub request for it to both Viki and DF.

@ecs707a Thank you for the new stills of the adult cast members.

@jadecloudchingu, I am thrilled you will be joining us. :)

@Go Seung Ji, @angelbeast90, Thank you for the photos and videos from the press conf.  Nice twist that the kids came wearing the school uniform.

@xyr enc, Thank you for letting us know about the postponement.  Yes, I do see in several sources that it will now premier on Dec. 16! I see that @Go Seung Ji already updated the title to reflect that.

@jongski, I am hoping, that Seo Young-joo role will be larger, in that they will show more with him in flashbacks.

2016120508512610487-540x540_99_20161205085303.jpg?type=w1

Relationship chart: (can someone translate it for us?)

%EC%86%94%EC%A6%9D_%EC%9D%B8%EB%AC%BC%EA%B4%80%EA%B3%84%EB%8F%84.jpg?type=w1

source

@irilight I know right. What;s happening with Asian drama sites?! there's 3 of them crashing. Yesterday and just a few mins ago, Soompi had error. I also thought my post did not go through on another drama thread. But all seems okay now. Perhaps just a glitch.

Thanks for the information about Seo Young Joo. I've been wanting to know more of him.  I knew immediately looking at the  cast, he's the one I'm gonna be most interested. Wow looks to be impressive awesome young actor. I'm gonna check out his movies.  I wanna see longer scenes of him in this drama. See that  acting. I also wanna see fresh talents. I hope the writing doesn't disappoint us too.

@ecs707a oh liking those pics updates. thanks! I'll be waiting for this drama next wee

[HanCinema's Drama Preview] "Solomon's Perjury"

photo791928.jpg

Korean drama is not too big on the mystery genre or youth series, which means that "Solomon's Perjury" is a combination worth checking out. The series sports a cast of age-appropriate rookies in a story which will paint a less than cheerful holiday season and hopefully provide meaty content through it.

Read more on Hancinema

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-preview-solomon-s-perjury-101134.html

And thank you to @Orion for the article.

On 12/9/2016 at 5:39 PM, jongski said:

@xyr enc Postpone? But I'm looking forward to this drama later..... okay, I'll wait next week.  Thanks for the update.

I guess, it's not the right time for JTBC to air the series, as people would rather watch them for their news coverage. To begin with, JTBC broke the news about the scandal, which lead to Pres. Park's impeachment, and people are seeing them as a news and information source, rather than a drama and entertainment network. Besides, this is a way for them to promote not only the drama, but the network as a whole because after they broke the scandal, JTBC's ratings grew double than what they usually rate. So, they now have a real competitive edge against KBS, SBS, MBC and tvN, and they have to take advantage of it. I tuned in to JTBC online during their impeachment coverage, and I noticed their usual plugging of their entertainmemt and drama series during their coverage breaks. So I guess, it is also their way to find solid viewers because keeping up with  tvN's Goblin is a hard task. :)

I wanna see this already! At least it's different from other dramas. This is High school thriller mystery adaptation of j-movie of same title.  You can watch the movie first. if you like to  at least get the feel.

Seo Ji Hoon. Jang Dong Yoon. Kim Hyun Soo. Seo Young Joo. Baek Cheol Min

CzJXHBOVEAANSYT.jpg

The five of them group selfie..of course... youngsters! Ha ha :)

Cy1CG-bUsAEpdkg.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:45 PM, xyr enc said:

I guess, it's not the right time for JTBC to air the series, as people would rather watch them for their news coverage. To begin with, JTBC broke the news about the scandal, which lead to Pres. Park's impeachment, and people are seeing them as a news and information source, rather than a drama and entertainment network. Besides, this is a way for them to promote not only the drama, but the network as a whole because after they broke the scandal, JTBC's ratings grew double than what they usually rate. So, they now have a real competitive edge against KBS, SBS, MBC and tvN, and they have to take advantage of it. I tuned in to JTBC online during their impeachment coverage, and I noticed their usual plugging of their entertainmemt and drama series during their coverage breaks. So I guess, it is also their way to find solid viewers because keeping up with  tvN's Goblin is a hard task. :)

@xyr enc, makes total sense to me. Thank you for your insights.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:55 AM, jongski said:

You can watch the movie first. if you like to  at least get the feel.

@jongski, I did finish watch the Japanese version this weekend; I was in total awe when I finished watching it.

I actually do NOT recommend that folks here would watch it, - not because it is not good, it is very good - but because there is a surprise twist at the end, and I think people will enjoy it better coming to this drama not knowing about it.

I did notice one thing while watching the Japanese version, is that the main  Korean chose have some similarities to the Japanese cast. The leading girl is short. The leading boys are somewhat similar. The Defendant is very different in features. We can see a bit of it in the comparison chart that @jongski posted.

@1ankan9 and @Vo Ki Trieu, thank you both for the highlight videos.  Looks really good. I want to encourage everyone to watch on NaverCast, because we are helping our show towards CPI, promotions, sponsors,  etc, when we use Naver and other Korean portals. You can even sign into Naver using FB, and then click on "like" (the heart symbol).

"Solomon's Perjury" Kim Hyeon-soo, one-man demonstration with the Yellow Ribbon

photo794603.jpg

Kim Hyeon-soo sets out to make a change.

Stills of the new JTBC drama "Solomon's Perjury" were released on the 12th.

Kim Hyeon-soo in the picture is standing in front of Jungguk High School with a sign that says, "Why did Lee So-woo die? Let's bring out the truth". She is appealing for the need of a school trial regarding the death of her classmate. The Yellow Ribbon on the sign adds emphasis on the message she is willing to deliver. In the following pictures, Kim Hyeon-soo looks almost angry as she makes a stance in front of the teachers even though she's getting slapped for it.

photo794604.jpg

Kim Hyeon-soo's role of Ko Seo-yeon is pretty, smart and has a good personality. She is the most popular girl in the school. Her motto is "Without trouble, just go with the flow". She stands by her motto to never cause any trouble in her life, but after Lee So-woo (Seo Yeong-joo) dies, she feels frustration at the grown-ups who are doing nothing about it and sets out to reveal the truth.

She overcomes her parents' and school's resistance and leads the school trial all just to unravel the secret to her friend's death.

It is expected that Seo-yeon's actions to reveal the truth about her friend's death will have an impact on those watching the drama. Not only that, but Seo-yeon and her fellow classmates make baby steps to bring about change to this society.

photo794605.jpg

Meanwhile, "Solomon's Perjury" is based on an original by a Japanese novelist. A teenager falls to her death on Christmas and her friends set out to find out why. These children declare war with the grown-ups who won't give them any answers and are full of hypocrisy.

"Solomon's Perjury" is directed by Kang Il-soo and written by Kim Ho-soo. The first episode can be seen on the 16th of December.

source

Can it be Friday already?!

Oh and again the five of them.  Solomon Perjury squad goals. :)   pic cr: bangwons

Czkg_TVUQAE-Ba2.jpg

Just for comparison.  Movie poster will much better. Well, it's only a poster but. What do you think?

CzVqrz5VIAAMruc.jpg

Poster for  the J-movie 2015

Spoiler

CzQCWHxUcAAEDk_.jpg

Archived