(Jeon Woo-Chi)

Writer

Miyuki Miyabe (Novel)

(Japanese Novel)

Episodes:  12  (TBC)

Broadcast Period

2016-Dec-16 to 2017-Jan-28 , Friday & Saturday 20:30

About the Show

A male student's body has been found at the school in Christmas morning. After the police has determined it as suicide, an anonymous note citing it was actually a murder, suddenly spreads widely. To prevent further chaos and witch-hunt, Go Seo Yun, one of the students who first found the body, decides to take matter into her hands by conducting an independent trial.

Production Information

1. "Solomon's Perjury" takes over the JTBC Fridays & Saturdays 20:30 time slot previously occupied by "My Wife's Having an Affair this Week" and will be followed by "Strong Woman Do Bong-Soon" February, 2017.
  2. Based on the novel "Solomon no Gisho" by Miyuki Miyabe (published from October, 2002 to November, 2011 in Novel Magazine Shosetsu Shincho).

Cast of Characters

Cast

Main Cast

Kim Hyun Soo as Go Seo Yun
Jang Dong Yoon as Han Ji Hoon
Seo Ji Hoon as Bae Joon Young
Seo Young Joo as Lee So Woo
Jo Jae Hyun as Han Kyung Moon

Jung Gook High School’s Class 2-1

Shin Se Hwi as Lee Joo Ri
Baek Chul Min as Choi Woo Hyuk
Woo Ki Hoon as Kim Min Suk
Ahn Sol Bin as Lee Yoo Jin
Kim So Hee as Kim Soo Hee
Ahn Seung Kyun as Choi Seung Hyun
Seo Shin Ae as Park Cho Rong
Lee Do Kyum (이도겸) as Lee Sung Min
Hak Jin (학진) as Kim Dong Hyun

The school’s staffs

Shin Eun Jung as Teacher Kim
Oh Yoon Hong as Head of student affairs
Ji Yi Soo as homeroom teacher
Yoo Ha Bok as the Principal
Ryu Tae Ho as the Vice Principal
Lee Ho Jae as President of School Board

Others

Ahn Nae Sang as Go Sang Joong, Seo Yun’s father
Kim Yeo Jin as Seo Yun’s mother
Shim Yi Young as Detective Oh
Heo Jung Do as Reporter Park
Choi Joon Yong as Director Choi (Woo Hyuk’s father)
Kim Jung Young as Joo Ri’s mother
Lee Kyung Shim as Joon Young’s mother
Kang In Ki as Joon Young’s father
Uhm Soo Jung as Min Suk’s mother
So Hee Jung as Choi Woo Hyuk’s mother

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki |  Koreandrama

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, irilight said:

Thank you for starting the thread @Go Seung Ji

I hardly ever watch youth drama, but with Jo Jae-Hyeon accepting the role, I will most likely watch it.

I do not want to miss any projects with him.

Lets see who are the leading guy and leading lady we end up with.

I'm with you @irilight  I love his acting loved him in his last drama and this one sounds pretty good so most likely I'll be watching this one 

@Go Seung Ji Thanks again

2 hours ago, valsava said:

I'm with you @irilight  I love his acting loved him in his last drama and this one sounds pretty good so most likely I'll be watching this one 

Yey! @valsava, so happy you are joining us.:). I love his acting and I trust his choices.

@Go Seung Ji, thank you for the update. I am beyond thrilled that Kim Hyun-Soo is our leading lady. I adored her as Lee Joon-Gi's character little sister in Joseon Gunman.

Crossing fingers for a wonderful leading young man, and an excellent scriptwriter.

Another addition to the cast is actor Yoo Ha-Bok

솔로몬의 위증

Source: Korean TV Daily

@Go Seung Ji thanks for the thread.  So  L / Myungsoo declined the role?

Count me in please! I wanna see how this is done as this  is Japanese Movie they will be adapting as drama.   And I like to see young  raw talents. I wanted Nam Da Reum for this but it's okay ( I'll see his guest star in Entourage).

And oh the that scary af guy from Master God of Noodle drama Cho Jae Hyun that's him, right? I'll see that good acting again.

Hello chingus.. glad your here! lets wait for this @irilight  @valsava

@Go Seung Ji, thank you for all the updates!

On 11/4/2016 at 6:10 AM, jongski said:

Count me in please! I wanna see how this is done as this  is Japanese Movie they will be adapting as drama.   And I like to see young  raw talents. I wanted Nam Da Reum for this but it's okay ( I'll see his guest star in Entourage).

And oh the that scary af guy from Master God of Noodle drama Cho Jae Hyun that's him, right? I'll see that good acting again.

@jongski, hi.    Hi Puppy emoticon So glad you are joining us.

I think the lead role was not appropriate for Nam Da-Reum because according to the Dramabeans article the male lead role is pretty small in this adaptation.
Yes, Cho Jae Hyun is the one from God of Noodles. He is such an amazing actor. I highly recommend his other drama: "Scandal: A Shocking and Wrongful Incident" with Kim Jae-Won (one of the Best Kdrama in my opinion. I will follow that scriptwrite.), "Punch" with Kim Rae-Won, (very powerful), and of course, the amazing Sageuk, Jeong Do-Jeon with another amazing actor: Yoo Dong-Geun.  Just amazing.
I also just finished watching an older drama with Jo Jae-Hyeon, "Syndrome." It is a medical drama, and he is just as chilling there in his performance.

Viki now has a Fan Channel for Somon's Perjury. 

Please click on + sign to follow the channel.

https://www.viki.com/tv/33359c-solomons-perjury

Also please send multiple license requests

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

In addition, please send license requests to DramaFever as well. Lets make sure at least one of them subs this drama.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuXiW1XwtSRt0H_ehdDMABJYJNQWA1xj78ni06l4m_OG-ZHg/viewform

Also, lets invite some friends to this thread.

@valsava, @evie7, @jadecloud, @bebebisous33, @LavelyShai, @Ldy Gmerm, @suchadiva42, @fleurofjasmine, @lclarakl, @Lmangla, @0ly40, @Kasmic, @alekaonu, @moodypie, @plappi, @czakhareina1, @MrsSoJiSub, @qwenli,

Addition to cast.

Solbin from Girl Group Laboum has joined the cast.

Body image

She will be playing one of the high school students: Lee Yoo-Jin.

source

On 11/3/2016 at 1:03 AM, irilight said:

Another addition to the cast is actress Shin Eun-Jung. She will be playing one of the teachers.

@irilight Isn't she playing the older sister in our gap son ? The weekend drama

@jongski  Hello, You and I seems to have the same taste in dramas so I never have to send you a shout out give you a day you'll show up :D..

1 hour ago, valsava said:

@irilight Isn't she playing the older sister in our gap son ? The weekend drama

@valsava, hi.  panda wave smiley sorry. I am not watching Our Gap Son, but I do not see Shin Eun-Jung listed among the cast members.

When I posted her name, it was a link to her work. Here it is more clearly. She has been  in many drama and movies.

http://asianwiki.com/Shin_Eun-Jung

45 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Thanks for the shout out @irilight I will be sure to keep my eye out for this drama. It looks interesting. 

Thank you @Ldy Gmerm. I should add that the author of this novel  - Miyuki Miyabe -  is a very prolific author in Japan and has won many awards.

Also, many of her works were adapted to Japanese movies and drama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyuki_Miyabe

Also, some of her works are translated to English. I will try to read at least one.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/71081.Miyuki_Miyabe

Also, the Japanese version of "Solomon's Perjury" was successful. It was a movie adaptation in 2 parts.

According to Wikipedia

Derek Elley of Film Business Asia gave both films an 8 out of 10, saying that the first "fans out in involving ways" and that the second "wraps in a challenging and satisfying way."[4][5] The films won the 2015 Hochi Film Award for Best Picture.

Well, our Korean version is not in a movie version, but I do hope that with the terrific cast, it will be just as successful

@irilightthanks for the shoutout!! Oh dear......so many dramas to watch...haha. I will take note of this too...still some time before it airs. I am not familiar with the young leads, but I have seen her in My lover over from another star. Not bad as a child actress, but I am curious to see her performance as the first lead role. I am only familiar with the older actors here. 

I just found out that she was born in 2000. ...younger than kim yoo jung. :) 

9 hours ago, evie7 said:

I was disappointed that L declined role :cold_sweat: but I love Kin Huyn Soo. So I'm happy she is cast as the lead. 

@evie7, I felt exactly the same;
Until I read that Dramabeans article that stated the male lead role is pretty small. I too loved Kim Hyun-Soo, so I'd be delighted to cheer her on, with her first leading role.

2 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

Thanks for the invite, I was thinking of watching for Kim Hyun Soo. She's a talented child actress and I've wanted to see her in a more prominent role. 

My sentiments exactly, @LavelyShai

38 minutes ago, moodypie said:

but I have seen her in My lover over from another star. Not bad as a child actress, but I am curious to see her performance as the first lead role. I am only familiar with the older actors here. 

@moodypie, she made quite an impression on my in Joseon Gunman, where she played the young sister to Lee Joon-Gi's character.

@alekaonu, hi. hawaiian aloha smiley   we were writing at the same time. I only now saw your post.  I think you may be familiar with this new addition to the cast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Addition to the cast

I am so happy that   Seo Young-Joo   joins the cast. He is one excellent actor, with quite a resume to his name.

Article Image

source

8 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Hi @irilight chingu, he looks very familiar. Which drama was he in? He looks a bit like Hyungsik :) 

@alekaonu, I first saw him as a young kid in "Can You Hear My Heart," where he played the young version of "Maru Oppa" opposite young Kim Sae-Ron. I also saw him in "Golden Rainbow" where he played young version of Kim Yoo-Jung's "brother."
And also in May Queen.

He was also in "Hero,"  "Fashion King" and "Hello Monster" - but I have not seen these yet.
He was also in Drama Special "Snowy Road" about Korean comfort women. That Drama Special was never released with subs, but I recently read that it is being released as a movie soon.
Also Drama Special "Youth"

He was also in a few films: "The Age of Shadows," "The Treacherous," "Moebius," "Bloody Innocent" and "A Frozen Flower."

Also the movie "Juvenile Offender" for which he received Best Actor award in Tokyo International Film Festival as well as in Cinemanila Int'l Film Festival.

I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

Archived