[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017-2018] Nirvana in Fire: The Wind Blows in Changlin 琅琊榜之凤起长林

sugarplum892

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, rhaps said:

Thanks! Is this the TV ratings or Online ratings?

@LyraYoo, thanks for the pics! Oh, that makes me want to rewatch the fighting scenes. I really love it when DT's palm brushed PJ's sword, then it became red as if it was burned. That's cool. I'm still sad because DT died early. He was a very cool opponent. 

Btw, I've watched epi 25-26 with subs. How come I was still crying eventhough I've watched the raws before? :bawling: . It's even sadder when you understand words by words of their conversations, especially PZ and his wife. She is really a mature strong and big-hearted woman. Actually, I think LX is quite strong either, so PJ is blessed. to be surrounded by (mentally) strong people. They help him going through difficult times.

@40somethingahjumma, thanks a lot for the explanation, especially regarding the Kingdom Yu! 

Regarding PJ-LX :

Reveal hidden contents

Dont you think that the writer reversed their roles? At first, LX avoided PJ and tried not to be involved emotionally with him. PJ was the one who treated her nicely and , hence, got her sympathy. Now, LX has fallen for him, but PJ avoids her instead. I believe that now it's LX's turn to approach him . Of course, I dont think that she will pull some aggressive moves towards him, but she will support and patiently wait until PJ can forgive her (and himself). In the end, perhaps PJ is the one who's going to confirm their relationship, but I'm guessing that LX will patiently wait until he opens his heart for her again.

Well, we'll see.

Yuanqi:

Reveal hidden contents

I also consider that he has never been raised properly, that is being taught with proper values and principles, like the PJ and PZ. Actually, I think that the 2nd half of the drama is really a fight between the good and the bad, between 2 young man who has lost their family. The different is, PJ has already gotten good examples from his father and brother, something that Yuanqi doesnt have. So it's understandable if he becomes rather twisted.

Still, I'm disappointed because he doesnt even try to value the good things from the Chang Lin. If he can see what kind of person PYY is, then why cant he consider the kindness of the Chang Lin? He even knows that PYY tries to manipulate him. I believe that he is now blinded with ambitions, so he just believes what he wants to believe . I have little sympathy on him now.

Regarding Xun, I think he and Yuanqi will try to use each other for their own advantages. And because Yuanqi is supposed to be the bigger enemy (I think :D ), then I'm guessing that he will be the one who manipulates Xun.

this is TV ratings its online ratings are like 300 million a week which is not bad considering its on like one website. 

Im pretty sure it could have hit like 20 billion views at least if it was released on all online streaming things. 

A few thoughts regarding Episodes 33-34

Spoiler

The legacy of PYY lives on. Whether he knows it or not... whether he's pretending not to see the reality of what he's doing, Yuanqi is being used... he is absolutely being used.

Sigh... I am so angry with Yuanqi now that I could strangle him myself. :angry:

I'd momentarily forgotten that he had taken important documents from PYY that implicate the empress in the epidemic. So yes, he's got the goods on the Xun family and he's got them where he wants them.

It just occurred to me that Yuanqi is turning into a full blown, accomplished backstabber. Metaphorically and literally. Remember how he killed his own steward (whose guilt has never been satisfactorily proven) and then PYY too?

Grand Sec Xun... Really. Undermining your own military in the middle of a major battle... :angry: Well, we know for certain that his real job now is to clean up after his silly but dangerous sisters. 

PJ knew that someone opened his father's letter to him. Does he suspect Yuanqi at all? Should he have any reason to? Crushing the Yu forces of 200 000 under the leadership of Prince Kang should have been his finest hour so far and now it'll be tainted by accusations of treason against the throne.

Although he's undoubtedly a gifted military strategist, PJ is a doofus emotionally. :wink: He still has a long way to go when processing his own emotions. Ack! He still calls her his most treasured friend. :o A friend? C'mon kiddo... hug her already... You look like you really want to. :D 

@rhaps 

Spoiler

Absolutely... their roles are definitely reversed. But she's very patient and they're both doing their own thing right now, keeping busy. At least... I console myself with the fact that... at least he's approaching her and talking to her rather than dodging her entirely as he'd been doing.

As for Yuanqi I imagine he's tired of being pushed around and trod underfoot. But he grew up with PJ and the family has been nothing but kind to him. Still he's allowed his ambitions to eat into his soul and there's no turning back now. 

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

I dont understand why they only released it on one website. Perhaps because they were affraid that it wouldnt be as popular as the NIF 1? Currently, NIF 2 gets 8.4 rating in douban, while it had 8.2, then 8.3 in the beginning. I hope that the rating will increase again.

Epi 33-34

Reveal hidden contents

I didnt put too many attention like I used to, because it had been annoying almost along the show. I dont need to understand the language to know that Grand Sec Xun had been trying to prevent the Chang Lin army from going to war, while Yuanqi was busy manipulating and gaining sympathy from him. The Empress was annoying, and I skipped most of her scenes. And PJ knew that someone had read his letter, but did he suspect Yuanqi?? He didnt seem to *sigh* (did he??)

The thing that made me still enjoy the show was the badass armies from both sides and the preparations. One if the things that I like from NIF 2 is it has cool villains, and I like the menacing aura coming from this Prince of Yu :tongue: .  PJ was charismatic enough to lead the army, although he looked really young (to think that LHR was 19 years old when he was acting as PJ..). 

And, I got annoyed again when Xun was finally arrived . Seriously, the enemy was attacking ! I realized that PJ's 'rebellation' would cause the downfall of the Chang Lin army, but there was nothing else that he could do at that time. Knowing that his father would be proud of him later, I felt really sorry for him coz he would have to suffer more after this. Well, at least the suffering will get him closer to LX (it will, right? Right??? :D )

And the war! Eventhough it only happened for just several minutes (coz we had too many Xun and Yuanqi on the screen, arrrgghh) , it was still cool nonetheless. I'm so waiting to see the longer version tonight (the war wont just end in 5 minutes, hopefully :tongue: ) . It was cool when the Prince was watching the eclipse, the sun was slowly turning black, then suddenly it changed into a giant burning log coming at them. Hey, that was smart, PJ! And, of course, he had prepared for the eclipse, while everyone seemed to be shocked. I cant wait to watch the continuation!

PJ-LX in epi 33-34 :

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, hug her, PJ! :tongue:  Awww, but he was still hurting a lot. It was obvious that he really like her, but he still couldnt forgive her. The writer really makes me anxious :tongue: .

On the other hand, I'm also glad because I want to see LX fighting for him now. I know that LX was in a tough position at that time, but I also feel that PJ's mental condition is still understandable. He knows, logically, that he cant blame anyone, but he still feels the hurt inside and he cant help it. I believr that he avoids LX not because he hates her, but it's more because she reminds him of PZ , how PZ had sacrificed himself for him and Dad, how sister-in-law has suffered and how helpless he was in this situation. I really want to see LX stays by his side until PJ can heal his own heart. 

Its like a special thing some websites pay a certain amount of keep the show on that one website , it could open up later. 

I think PYY is a little overrated its pretty obvious hes the bad guy even on the show yet people still get used by him they are incredibly stupid. 

Spoiler

I have a feeling that after this war... Old Prince is going to go down (aka die)!!!! AHHHHHH! This is just so nerve-wracking. Does anyone want to make some predictions of what is going to happen? 

My predictions are: 

1. PJ win war 
  2. PJ returns home
  3. Court Strife between Emperor, Changlin Manor, Cabinet
  4. Old Prince Dies 
  5. Changlin Manor falls and a few years will pass?

What do you guys think? 

21 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Also it seems like the real father of TS is never revealed at all

I'm curious as well if TS knows of his background. He knows that his parents were "betrayers" (we all know that they weren't), but did Prince Jing/Emperor in NIF tell him later in life? After he was adopted? I don't think so, because I remember in NIF, Prince Jing told Mei Chang Su that he won't. 

Episode 35 Preview (Video and translation)

Spoiler

Segment 1

I, Pingjing, greet Father

Get up child

Yes

A great victory at Ning Pass. Cutting down the main royal force of 200 000 horses. This is something your father and elder brother wanted to do but could not do. Your father and brother are proud of you. If the former emperor were still here, he would also be proud of you.

Segment 2

The Old Prince is lying in bed ill. The Huai Hua General (PJ) is by his bedside tending to him. This is an act of filial piety that should be performed by every child. He should not be troubled. Attendants of the Changlin manor, hear my orders.

Present!

No one is allowed to enter casually to make a proclaimation.

Yes!

Consort's unwillingness to obey the decree or to allow anyone to make a proclamation, isn't that rather unreasonable?

Reasonable? This Jinling city, when did it become a place concerned with being reasonable? Logically, this decree wasn't given to me. I don't have to listen to a word of it. This Changlin manor in every aspect, if you fight your way in, I have every authority to intervene. What? An outsider like yourself still has objections?

The Consort is really too much. If you continue making mischief, don't blame me if I become offensive.

If you really want to be offensive, just come at me alone. Today I will make this declaration: If anyone in Changlin manor comes to my aid then it will be seen that I have bullied you. (Draws sword)

You see it don't you?

I'm from the Meng clan, I can't upset anyone. Besides, you're a palace officer, aren't you half a rank higher than me?

Commander Sun!

Yes, present! We've agreed that we patrol guards are only here to assist... assist.

Episode 36 Preview (Video and Translation)

Spoiler

PJ:

The former emperor was kind and gentle all his life, widely adopted a policy of benevolence. If he knew a heaven sent opportunity could solve a problem that beset the northern border year after year, does Your Majesty think he would have blocked it?

Xun:

Only His Majesty can react to the wisdom of the former emperor. How can you speculate for no reason at all?

PJ:

I will admit to not accepting the decree but I will never admit to having a disloyal heart. 

In this palace hall stands lofty individuals. Perhaps in the hearts of you gentleman as long as the lines of the northern border are not broken, it doesn't endanger the empire, then the enemy's main force whether it be annihilated or pushed back doesn't make much of a difference. But... out there far away... where you can't see, can't hear there are hundreds of thousands of soldiers guarding the land and ordinary folk. Does it mean that those people aren't Da Liang's people? Does it mean that their safety isn't worth mentioning?

Xun:

In front of the entire court both civil and military General Huai Hua's intentions are very clear. When His Majesty's and your intentions do not line up, you don't accept it. You are not being loyal, you are arrogant! If everything that is right and wrong is based on your ideas of right and wrong, then who is the lord of this world? His Majesty is young, it will take him a long time to gain control of the court. If His Majesty's decrees aren't compatible with your intentions, does that mean that you're going to dismiss His Majesty from office?

Xiao Tingsheng:

This comment of yours, Grand Sec Xun, is  not an impossibility.

@rhaps 

Spoiler

It's hard to say. I suppose Xiao Xue could be lying about him being sick but then she might not be. I don't doubt that he won't be here at the end. As a whole I am very nervous about how the Changlin family will get on in the next 10 episodes and I'm starting to really, really dislike the Empress and the Grand Sec. If she were smarter, I wouldn't mind her so much but she really has no reason to be throwing her weight around except for the fact that she's the current emperor's mother and then of course her brother cleans up after her.

As for whether PJ suspects YQ, it doesn't seem like it right now. I hope he does soon.

@rhaps and @JoycceeDreamer

Re: Yuanqi

Spoiler

Even now I'm not really all that sure what YQ's endgame is. I am angry with him for what he's been doing of late undermining what PJ is doing but it's still unclear to me what it is he is hoping to gain out of all of this. I can't believe everything he tells people... anyone even his uncle Mozi. He's shedding skin more often than a snake. On the one hand, it seems like he's gunning for the Changlin family in order to get onside with the Xuns. He may or may not be helping his uncle to destabilize Liang to increase his power in Donghai or he may have another agenda separate from his uncle and he's using the Marquise to improve his martial arts.I suspect we might not know for a while what he's really up to. But revenge is probably a part of it.

@LyraYoo Slow and steady... dear. :D

The family dynamic always turns me into a blithering mess especially when the scene is emotionally charged. 

Spoiler

But at least now you know who PZ's birth father is. :wink:

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2017-2018] Nirvana in Fire: The Wind Blows in Changlin 琅琊榜之凤起长林
16 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:
  Hide contents

I have a feeling that after this war... Old Prince is going to go down (aka die)!!!! AHHHHHH! This is just so nerve-wracking. Does anyone want to make some predictions of what is going to happen? 

My predictions are: 

1. PJ win war 
  2. PJ returns home
  3. Court Strife between Emperor, Changlin Manor, Cabinet
  4. Old Prince Dies 
  5. Changlin Manor falls and a few years will pass?

What do you guys think? 

Spoiler

from what ive seen in the trailers PJ wins the war and returns home and old prince is proud of him 

15 hours ago, rhaps said:

Please CMIIW :

Hide contents

1. Revenge, because of his dissatisfaction toward the treatment to his mother (which led to his dissatisfaction toward his father's case, the Chang Lin-they were the one who handled her father's case- IIRC,  and finally the Emperor / kingdom-for the 'unfair' treatment toward his family)

2. Ambitions. Dunno whether he wants the throne or not, but I believe that he wants to destroy the Liang kingdom. And I'm inclined to think that he just doesnt want to loose. He felt that he was 'nothing' all this time (and that feeling was manipulated by PYY in the earlier episode). 

Spoiler

i think PJ would help the young prince whose been his friend i dont think he wants the throne

Can i say poor richard simmons PJ first he loses his brother will most likely lose his dad then he will lose his friend .. this poor boy. 

Wow, just watched Episode 36 and the big scene is basically an essential lesson on civics! Beautifully written.

At first, I didn't really understand Tingsheng's monologue and did not think much of it, but after rewatching it several times I think I finally understood what he was saying. The script was written in a way that makes you think. 

When he talks about how difficult it is to sit on the throne, he says it not so simple as controlling the court by balancing power and using the appropriate checks and balances. The King and court officials are too caught up in worrying about his uncle holding too much power, thinking that as long as power is suppressed then the King can sit back and relax. But no: the most important factor is still the King himself - is he clear-sighted, is his knowledge vast, can he control the situation, and does he have the support of the people.

Then he turns around as explains why Pingjing was right to do what he did. Firstly, why did PJ not accept the command? Because the command itself was the product of the King's easily influenced mind being bewitched by others. Secondly, was PJ wrong not to accept? No, because the results of the war are clear - an overwhelming victory that will bring safety to the border for 10+ years. 

In so few words he taught the King the most important lesson. If he himself is weak at mind and unable to see through the schemes of others and focus on his people, then his position as King is inherently unstable.

The actor portraying Tingsheng is amazing. Whenever the character appears on screen he exudes an aura of strength yet tranquility. 

44 minutes ago, SyntaxError said:

The actor portraying Tingsheng is amazing. Whenever the character appears on screen he exudes an aura of strength yet tranquility. 

I agree. 

Spoiler

I really want the young emperor to understand but I doubt he does. They all won't learn until Changlin Manor falls. Once Changlin falls, they will sooner or later learn the importance of the Changlin Manor. Cause no one will learn until they fall themselves as well. Changlin is doing too much by giving them the luxury of not having to defend the border. They use those free will to think otherwise and think that the Changlin Manor power is a threat but don't see that that power is what is protecting them all. I know people will disagree with me.

So, I am up to 28 in DF and I cried at the passing of the best big brother, best husband. Especially PZ's mourning and remembering the sweet memories of big bro. I cried with him. They were trying to get pregnant so am happy for the good news later of the birth of the baby. I cried there too but happy tears. Anyway, I re watch NIF 1 to fill my time while waiting for the next eps of NIF2. Now, the wind will really blow at the Changlin manor.

7 hours ago, SyntaxError said:

wow i'm really starting to hate Yuanqi, despite feeling pity for him before. The show is doing well in establishing his role.

I see what you mean every episode, his eyes are becoming more shifty. In the beginning when he was helping PZ hide the docs, he looked so kind and innocent also wore light colored clothes ,seems now he has affinity to darker clothes 

23 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

Question: 

Reveal hidden contents

Does anyone want to enlighten me what Yuanqi's ambitions are? Revenge? Throne? I feel that he is aiming at the throne but he keeps saying that he doesn't have any ambitions?

I

Spoiler

I think it is both for in his mind he has to have power to exact full revenge so revenge with power as it's engine 

3 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

I agree. 

Hide contents

I really want the young emperor to understand but I doubt he does. They all won't learn until Changlin Manor falls. Once Changlin falls, they will sooner or later learn the importance of the Changlin Manor. Cause no one will learn until they fall themselves as well. Changlin is doing too much by giving them the luxury of not having to defend the border. They use those free will to think otherwise and think that the Changlin Manor power is a threat but don't see that that power is what is protecting them all. I know people will disagree with me.

Spoiler

i dont see how anyone can disagree with you here. changlin is the reason they have been safe for so long once it falls they will see chaos. 

Archived