Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017-2018] Nirvana in Fire: The Wind Blows in Changlin 琅琊榜之凤起长林

9 hours ago, dekaron said:

Another problem with big powerful family males is if the person you love is not of the same status or higher, she cannot be the main wife and either has to be left or ends up in a concubine position fueling "harem" conflicts later on. I'm actually surprised PZ is not pressured to get a concubine or PJ is forced to get married to continue the Changlin line so far considering their age

I think it's because the Chang Lin family is close to the Emperor. Besides, there is still another eligible bachelor (Yuanqi) in the palace, so I think that there hasnt been any need to pressure PZ who's already has a wife. For PJ, the Emperor is actually planning to marry him, but they asked for more time to find his fiancee. If they couldnt find her when PJ is 21 yrs old, then the Emperor will arrange PJ to marry a different girl. 

• Like 2

Weibo update for episode 15 (I finished this last night and again wowed at the action sequences)

DS6JnYdU8AIcPbt.jpg

Spoiler

DS6JnYdUQAAlMPN.jpgDS6JnYcVMAE7ovy.jpg

Other behind the scenes

Spoiler

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

You're right :D.  I believe that he could guess her correctly some times, like in the earlier episodes when he saw through her for being soft-hearted, deslite the cold exterior. But, he also noticed that she felt annoyed to receive his kindness. So perhaps he wants to be near her without making her feel uncomfortable .

Ow yeah, if there wasnt that marriage contract, then he would chase her even more aggresively than PZ did :D

The pacing is slow but still decent.The story revolves around family, politic/strategy and investigation, so we're watching the characters discussing about facts and findings, making conclusions and plans. The story is moving from an 'arc' to another really smoothly, so we dont realize that we're actually in a new one. I'm actually someone who is impatient when watching a series and usually fast-forward a lot, but I put my attention to detail for this because one detail can be meaningful in the future scenes. The bromance and family relationship feels really warm here, as one of the highlight of this series. And the action sequences are superb.

The acting and chemistry between actors (plus the costumes and cinematography) are all good and enjoyable. Some people doubt Huang Xiaoming's acting before, but he turns out to be very decent. I've never heard about Liu Haoran before, so I took a peek of his series 'With You', in order to know why a young actor like him was chosen to star in NIF sequel. I think that his acting was good and natural, and I feel the same way of watching him NIF (so I have to disagree with people saying that he has a bad acting). On other actors, I recognize several familiar faces as the supporting actors/ villains, like Guo Jin(g?)fei as the High Priests Puyang Ying.  In other words, I think that all actors can act.

yeah i dont see how Liu Haoran is being called a bad actor when hes acting what he was given well ;p 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rhaps said:

Pingjing is indeed inexperience and naive, and I think it's not just in a mater of love. I guess that's why he fell into the enemies' hands sometimes, eventhough he was intelligent.

I wouldn't agree less. This is why, I'm already scared lol... because we all know that his cousin is going to betray him later...especially when PJ trusts him. I feel that this will tear him apart. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

I wouldn't agree less. This is why, I'm already scared lol... because we all know that his cousin is going to betray him later...especially when PJ trusts him. I feel that this will tear him apart. 

You're right. I hope that Commander Xu Feizan will still be a good guy and help PJ. I like him, he seemed to be a nice and noble man

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

I don't know that Yuanqi will necessarily "betray" him although I'm sure from certain perspective it could be seen as an act as a betrayal. He may believe that he has good reason to think that deploying troops at a certain point in time is not the best cause of action. It's hard to know at this stage that he is being obstructionist for the sake of it or whether there's something else behind it.

As for the trailer, it's hard for me to make out from just that statement alone what it is that Lin Xi is referring to. I'm inclined to think it has something to do with marrying PJ and into the Changlin household.

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

You're right. I hope that Commander Xu Feizan will still be a good guy and help PJ. I like him, he seemed to be a nice and noble man

Undoubtedly the success of the villain's scheme will be seen in how the fissures that are created within the Liang royal court will become full blown disunity. Feizhan standing apart from his uncle philosophically, with the best of intentions, will become one of the many things that will no doubt destabilize Liang politically. 

11 hours ago, rhaps said:

The pacing is slow but still decent.The story revolves around family, politic/strategy and investigation, so we're watching the characters discussing about facts and findings, making conclusions and plans. The story is moving from an 'arc' to another really smoothly, so we dont realize that we're actually in a new one. I'm actually someone who is impatient when watching a series and usually fast-forward a lot, but I put my attention to detail for this because one detail can be meaningful in the future scenes. The bromance and family relationship feels really warm here, as one of the highlight of this series. And the action sequences are superb.

I'd definitely agree with the seamless way in which one arc progresses to another. I also really like how the conversations bring out both the personality of the speaker and the kind of relationship he/she has with the person spoken to (and I don't mean honorifics). It's so well done.

Now that I'm rewatching the older episodes, I'm seeing things in a different light and paying more attention to details that I'd missed the first time. What used to be suspicions became confirmations and now when I rewatch certain scenes, I can't help but marvel at the attention to detail. It was what the first series was acclaimed for as well.

• Like 4

I think I just remember where I watched Guo Jingfei (as Puyang Ying). Wasnt he in Decoded, as the main lead's mentor? Decoded was a drama set in the 30s-40s about a group of people/youngsters trying to decode secret codes, and IIRC correctly, he was a wise handsome mentor back then. The drama itself was not special for me. I skipped a lot and stopped watching, but wow, he looked so different there. Great acting.

I've watched 25-26 :

OMG, all spoilers that I've read were true!! Nooooooo :bawling:, this is too sad!! I was crying eventhough I was watching the Raw!!! :bawling: . How would I survive next week until the end?? :bawling:

Btw, is NIF 2 based on a novel? Sorry, just curious. 

• Like 1

Episode 26...

Spoiler

Dear me it was such a sob fest. Even when I knew all of that was coming it was still heartbreaking and the tears came. Poor Xiao Xue. Dear me... even now when I think about those husband-wife scenes, I just want to cry.

A lot of the medical jargon went over my head but there's no mistaking PZ's dilemma. If only they only had more time. It was awful having to choose between his father, brother and his wife.

The implications of all of this is what worries most... how will it impact PJ and LX's relationship in the future? Will it come between them?

I wonder too if all of this was "foretold" in Langya Pavilion's answer to PZ. I don't think we've been told what was in that pouch still.

@rhaps I didn't recognize the actor who plays PYY from Decoded. I watched that drama until the halfway mark. It fell short of my expectations. The premise was good and right up my alley but I was very uncomfortable with the treatment of the main character and finally dropped it when it felt like they were saying that everything was his fault for not trying hard enough despite his disability.

NiF 2 is not based on a novel but the screenplay is written by the author of NiF 1.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Episode 26...

Hide contents

Dear me it was such a sob fest. Even when I knew all of that was coming it was still heartbreaking and the tears came. Poor Xiao Xue. Dear me... even now when I think about those husband-wife scenes, I just want to cry.

A lot of the medical jargon went over my head but there's no mistaking PZ's dilemma. If only they only had more time. It was awful having to choose between his father, brother and his wife.

The implications of all of this is what worries most... how will it impact PJ and LX's relationship in the future? Will it come between them?

I wonder too if all of this was "foretold" in Langya Pavilion's answer to PZ. I don't think we've been told what was in that pouch still.

@rhaps I didn't recognize the actor who plays PYY from Decoded. I watched that drama until the halfway mark. It fell short of my expectations. The premise was good and right up my alley but I was very uncomfortable with the treatment of the main character and finally dropped it when it felt like they were saying that everything was his fault for not trying hard enough despite his disability.

NiF 2 is not based on a novel but the screenplay is written by the author of NiF 1.

Episode 25-26 : 

Luckily that the NIF team had announced that PZ was gonna die a long time ago, so I watched after preparing myself.  But, I never thought that HXM-LHR's chemistry and love were so good and HXM was so charismatic and loveable here. It's so hard to accept that he has to go :( . I watched HXM the first time in Return of Condor Heroes 2006, and eventhough that story was my favourite among the trilogy, I still didnt like him there as much as I love him now. He was good playing the adult Yang Guo and so so as the teenage one. It seems that he is more suitable to act as a mature calm character.

I really2 want to fast-forward these sad episodes and watch the mature PJ. I'm okay with PZ dies, but it's too sad the watch the process :bawling:

I believe that either choice (which one to live or die) will hurt. The writer is cruel enough to not give any chance for him to choose otherwise. Plus, if he chose to sacrifice PJ, then he himself will be guilty and wouldnt live in peace (although PJ must feel guilty as well), considering that he was an adopted child. He surely want to pay back the kindness of the family who had raised him.

Owh ..and imagine how PJ will feel .. The spoiler was right. When PJ walked out from his bro in epi 23, he stopped, turned back and smiled at him. That was a preminition, the last time he saw him alive :bawling: . I hope that he wont be angry at Lin Xi for helping PZ sacrificing his life for him :(

Edited :

There's one thing that I love on epi 26. Xu Feizan took care of PJ when PZ was gone. I hope that he will replace PZ's existence for PJ, at least half of his existence. He seemed to really care about that family.

Btw, the ending song has changed. Same song, different version. It's PJ time!

Oh so NIF 2 is not from a novel. Okay thanks!

I also dropped Decoded and only watched several episodes because of curiousity ( the story premise sounded interesting ). I just thought that I've seen PYY somewhere, then read a post on the internet that he was there. Then, I remember ..but I still doubted myself and had to check the drama to make sure *LOL*. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Episode 25-26 : 

Reveal hidden contents

Luckily that the NIF team had announced that PZ was gonna die a long time ago, so I watched after preparing myself.  But, I never thought that HXM-LHR's chemistry and love were so good and HXM was so charismatic and loveable here. It's so hard to accept that he has to go :( . I watched HXM the first time in Return of Condor Heroes 2006, and eventhough that story was my favourite among the trilogy, I still didnt like him there as much as I love him now. He was good playing the adult Yang Guo and so so as the teenage one. It seems that he is more suitable to act as a mature calm character.

I really2 want to fast-forward these sad episodes and watch the mature PJ. I'm okay with PZ dies, but it's too sad the watch the process :bawling:

I believe that either choice (which one to live or die) will hurt. The writer is cruel enough to not give any chance for him to choose otherwise. Plus, if he chose to sacrifice PJ, then he himself will be guilty and wouldnt live in peace (although PJ must feel guilty as well), considering that he was an adopted child. He surely want to pay back the kindness of the family who had raised him.

Owh ..and imagine how PJ will feel .. The spoiler was right. When PJ walked out from his bro in epi 23, he stopped, turned back and smiled at him. That was a preminition, the last time he saw him alive :bawling: . I hope that he wont be angry at Lin Xi for helping PZ sacrificing his life for him :(

Oh so NIF 2 is not from a novel. Okay thanks!

Spoiler

I didn't even cry this much in the first installment. But here every time I see the husband and wife suffering with the knowledge of what's to come, I bawl my eyes out. It's such an evil gambit... and really PYY... to channel all his energies into killing one man and destroying Liang like this is despicable. Whatever happened in Ye Qin, all his plotting and scheming has been inexcusable. He is the reverse Mei Chang Su.

But the physicians did come up with a feasible solution in which both brothers could benefit from the single snake gall except the recovery period for PZ would be quite lengthy. But the return of Tuoba Yu  to announce impending danger to the Old Prince put a kibosh on that plan.

Anyway I'm glad PYY is dead although I suspect and am very sorry that his legacy will probably live on in Yuanqi. I'm so angry right now with his mother for how she managed to contribute to screwing up his life. 

The chemistry between the two brothers has been superb. The balance has been just right and their interactions spot on.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:
  Hide contents

I didn't even cry this much in the first installment. Every time I see the husband and wife suffering with the knowledge of what's to come, I bawl my eyes out. It's such an evil gambit... and really PYY... to channel all his energies into killing one man and destroying Liang like this is despicable. Whatever happened in Ye Qin, all his plotting and scheming has been inexcusable. He is the reverse Mei Chang Su.

But the physicians did come up with a feasible solution in which both brothers could benefit from the single snake gall except the recovery period for PZ would be quite lengthy. But the return of Tuoba Yu  to announce impending danger to the Old Prince put a kibosh on that plan.

Anyway I'm glad PYY is dead although I suspect and am very sorry that his legacy will probably live on in Yuanqi. I'm so angry right now with his mother for how she managed to contribute to screwing up his life. 

The chemistry between the two brothers has been superb. The balance was just right and they really feel like brothers.

Although I didnt understand most of what they were saying, I knew it that Touba Yu's arrival brought bad news and forced for PZ to go to war. Qianxue (PZ's wife) was already calm before his arrival. Argh, the writer just wanted PZ dead :( 

PYY can die anytime, I'm mad at him! And it's good that he died in the hands of someone whom he never thought would kill him, someone whom he was going to use. In other words, he died because of his own mistake. 

Btw, why didnt let Qianxue lead the army with Feizhan instead of PZ?? 

Yes, the chemisty was superb and they do looked like brothers who really cared about each other. It's nice to see a drama that portrays such loving brothers

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn't even cry this much in the first installment. But here every time I see the husband and wife suffering with the knowledge of what's to come, I bawl my eyes out. It's such an evil gambit... and really PYY... to channel all his energies into killing one man and destroying Liang like this is despicable. Whatever happened in Ye Qin, all his plotting and scheming has been inexcusable. He is the reverse Mei Chang Su.

The chemistry between the two brothers has been superb. The balance has been just right and their interactions spot on.

Spoiler

PYY may be dead... but then... who is the true conspirator? The drama ain't done yet. Is it?

• Like 1

Spoiler

Anyone who understands chinese... is PJ going to this brother and father? I hope he isn't too late to see his brother breathing for the last time... 

@JoycceeDreamer

Spoiler

PZ is going to his father. Their friendly country has opened up access to a strategic mountain pass to Liang's longtime enemies, the state of Yu.

I don't think there is another external conspirator unless you include the state of Yu who seems constantly to want to war with Liang. I believe the next chapter will see a lot more internal strife partially triggered and set into motion by PYY. It seems that his intention was to create fissures within the Liang royal court which will become seismic tensions in time to come. This will leave them vulnerable to external threats.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, rhaps said:

I think I just remember where I watched Guo Jingfei (as Puyang Ying). Wasnt he in Decoded, as the main lead's mentor? Decoded was a drama set in the 30s-40s about a group of people/youngsters trying to decode secret codes, and IIRC correctly, he was a wise handsome mentor back then. The drama itself was not special for me. I skipped a lot and stopped watching, but wow, he looked so different there. Great acting.

I've watched 25-26 :

Reveal hidden contents

OMG, all spoilers that I've read were true!! Nooooooo :bawling:, this is too sad!! I was crying eventhough I was watching the Raw!!! :bawling: . How would I survive next week until the end?? :bawling:

Btw, is NIF 2 based on a novel? Sorry, just curious. 

Spoiler

NIF2 is original no book and we gotta wait til next week for those episodes ahhh , did he die sacrificing him self? 

where are the raws

• Like 1

We knew this is coming but the spoilers, my heart !  :bawling:

I am still at Episode 17 though.

The duel at the Imperial Hall scared the hell out of me. 

There are few parallels and gave me goosebumps actually prior to that event.  I grew worried when I saw this scene. 

Spoiler

tumblr_p27n3r8SPL1wsuil1o2_400.giftumblr_p27n3r8SPL1wsuil1o6_400.gif

gif/

More precious moments from Pingzhang and Pingjing. Yes lets break our hearts together.

tumblr_p268prajtH1qcioylo1_400.giftumblr_p268prajtH1qcioylo2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_p268prajtH1qcioylo4_400.giftumblr_p268prajtH1qcioylo5_400.gif

gif

We knew this is coming but the spoilers, my heart !  :bawling:

I am still at Episode 17 though.

The duel at the Imperial Hall scared the hell out of me. 

There are few parallels and gave me goosebumps actually prior to that event.  I grew worried when I saw this scene. 

Spoiler

tumblr_p27n3r8SPL1wsuil1o2_400.giftumblr_p27n3r8SPL1wsuil1o6_400.gif

gif/

More precious moments from Pingzhang and Pingjing. Yes lets break our hearts together.

tumblr_p268prajtH1qcioylo1_400.giftumblr_p268prajtH1qcioylo2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_p268prajtH1qcioylo4_400.giftumblr_p268prajtH1qcioylo5_400.gif

gif

• Like 2

Hi everyone! May I join the thread? I love NIF, the drama and the novel so I was really hyped to NIF2. What can i say? I love it! I didn't find the inicial part slow or boring, since when I first watched NIF I had a really hard time to pass the first 12 episodes. I didn't have this problem with NIF2, I love the family bond, the brother, even some childness of PJ.

SPOLIER ALERT!

ep 26

Spoiler

I cried so much! I knew he would die, but it was so sad and cruel, poor PZ. I feel this will put PJ and LX apart, how I wish our Lin Shu could come back and save everyone foreseing those evil actions. Brace yourselves the drama is on.

Sorry for the bad English, lets survive next week together.

• Like 3