Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017-2018] Nirvana in Fire: The Wind Blows in Changlin 琅琊榜之凤起长林

Recommended Posts

Anyone in this group, who watches and understand chinese willing to recap? I've seen 1-18 eng sub, but there are like 6 extra eps that are out but not subbed. I love it but sadly, I don't know chinese so it's kind hard to understand. I believe probably a lot of us on this page don't understand chinese either, so we are all waiting patiently. But if there is anyone out there, who can, that would be nice! :wink: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

I have a pretty good idea of how PZ's going to die because they actually talked about it briefly in the NiF2 press conference. From my understanding of how they were talking about it at the press conference, It's noble sacrifice in the sense that only one of them could be saved and (PZ probably?) made the decision to save PJ.  But obviously I don't know exactly what's going to happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alleycat said:
  Hide contents

Oh I'm not saying he shouldn't die or anything, but I have an issue with how he's going to die (assuming I'm correct). He could have died on the battlefield, he could have died after being framed etc, but I'm just not that into this whole noble sacrifice thing. And I get the whole Pu Yang Ying plotline but it's just not very...sophisticated in my mind. I guess that's what it comes down to, cause I just don't find the plot surrounding Pingzhang's death  very sophisticated story telling. It seems a bit Idol-y to me.

 

 

 

I have no idea what that even means. :wink: 

Spoiler

 

Dying in a self-sacrificial noble way is a very Chinese thing... long before moving pictures ever came into being as a popular form of storytelling. :D Chinese history is replete with tales of men and women who died for family and country as role models so at the very least there is cultural relevance. Are soldiers who die in battle sacrificing themselves? I don't see the distinction or the problem.

 

Lack of sophistication? I don't agree. I think it's quite sophisticated to make everyone think you're targetting one thing when really after another. PZ is a great military/political strategist so a scheme to frame him would be less likely to be successful than to hit him where he's weakest... his love for his brother. It's nasty stuff but it seems to be working.

Anyway, we still haven't seen how PZ dies in this show yet. 

 

 

49 minutes ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

 

Something in my mind that I am thinking about... 

  Reveal hidden contents

I don't know why Mr. Duan didn't tell that PYY guy (shaman/Ritual) how smart PingJing is? Or did he mention but I missed it? Cause, Mr. Duan knows how smart Ping Jing is. So it's funny how everyone is willing to take Ping Jing lightly, which is why Ping Jing was able to prove them wrong later (I hope...). 

 

 

 

 

I imagine they know he's intelligent to some degree but he's young and somewhat immature so while he is able to see through plots and schemes, he may not have the leadership skills or the street creds to command an army. Let's face it, he can be a bit whimsical.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, alleycat said:
  Hide contents

I have a pretty good idea of how PZ's going to die because they actually talked about it briefly in the NiF2 press conference. From my understanding of how they were talking about it at the press conference, It's noble sacrifice in the sense that only one of them could be saved and (PZ probably?) made the decision to save PJ.  But obviously I don't know exactly what's going to happen.

 

I wouldnt mind this honestly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there!

 

Finallyyy .. I found a place to discuss about NIF2, my new favourite! I also love the bromance between Pingzhang-Pingjing, as well as the family relationship between them and Dad and sister-in-law, as well as the wise-smart Emperor. Pingzhang and his wife is really sweet, and I also love the subtle romance (although they are still in friend-zone now *LOL*) between Pingjing and Lin Xi. It's nice to see a romance that is developing naturally, without having to feel overly-romantic (like what I usually feel in other dramas, or perhaps it's just me). And I think the martial art's choregraphy and cinematography are amazing!

 

On 1/5/2018 at 6:43 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Drats! I thought that this was a five-days-a-week drama. I've run out of  episodes to watch now (RAWS included) that the most recent arc is done. What is an ajumma to do? Well, I'm going to have rewatch every aired episodes during the weekend. A tough job... but hey, it's gotta be done. :wink:

 

I've been re-watching several episodes too  . And I watched the Raws episodes too (until 24) and translated some spoilers using Google Chrome  :tongue: . I stop doing that now, coz I've read too many spoilers already :D

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

 

Something in my mind that I am thinking about... 

  Reveal hidden contents

I don't know why Mr. Duan didn't tell that PYY guy (shaman/Ritual) how smart PingJing is? Or did he mention but I missed it? Cause, Mr. Duan knows how smart Ping Jing is. So it's funny how everyone is willing to take Ping Jing lightly, which is why Ping Jing was able to prove them wrong later (I hope...). 

 

 

 

 

 

I think Duan must have told PYY about Pingjing, because PYY could guess Pingjing's reaction. And please CMIIW, I don't think people is taking Pingjing lightly (except his Dad, perhaps). PYY once warned Marquis Mo (? the top fighter) that it was hard to take down Pingzhang because he had Pingjing, who had a high martial art skill, by his side. Duan also have said, several times, that Pingjing is intelligent and hard to deal with. Even Prince Hui from the Northern kingdom admired him since the first time they met. The problem is, the Heir of Chang Lin is Pingzhang, not Pingjing. Chang Lin's enemies' target is actually Pingzhang. So, some enemies seem to take Pingjing lightly, because they thought that taking him down wouldn't bring down the Chang Lin, while PYY was able to use Pingjing as his way to destroy Pingzhang, the main target. Plus, Pingjing seems to be an 'easier target' because he is rather reckless and careless, while Pingzhang is too thoughtful and careful.
 

 

 

 

10 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

Anyone in this group, who watches and understand chinese willing to recap? I've seen 1-18 eng sub, but there are like 6 extra eps that are out but not subbed. I love it but sadly, I don't know chinese so it's kind hard to understand. I believe probably a lot of us on this page don't understand chinese either, so we are all waiting patiently. But if there is anyone out there, who can, that would be nice! :wink: 

I have watched 19-24 in Raw and read some spoilers, so I understand at least 70% of the story. I can only suggest that you better wait  for the english subtiitle, coz it's better than just read the recaps :tongue: . Personally, epi 19-24 are one of my favourites, because there are some progress that I really like and more suspense.

 

10 hours ago, alleycat said:
  Hide contents

I have a pretty good idea of how PZ's going to die because they actually talked about it briefly in the NiF2 press conference. From my understanding of how they were talking about it at the press conference, It's noble sacrifice in the sense that only one of them could be saved and (PZ probably?) made the decision to save PJ.  But obviously I don't know exactly what's going to happen.

 

 

 

 


I've read some spoilers about this too, and , if I understand it correctly, then it depends on how it is executed.  It can be 'cheesy' or felt 'unnatural or too dramatic' in other dramas, but I have confidence with this writer + director. I just have to prepare myself for the angst *sigh*
 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rhaps said:

 

I have watched 19-24 in Raw and read some spoilers, so I understand at least 70% of the story. I can only suggest that you better wait  for the english subtiitle, coz it's better than just read the recaps :tongue: . Personally, epi 19-24 are one of my favourites, because there are some progress that I really like and more suspense.

 

There's plenty in 19-24 to love indeed but the progression in LX and PJ's relationship is probably my favourite. It isn't just about developing the romance either but I love how the writer integrates that with PJ's character development and draws out his best qualities. PJ is just the sweetest kid. At times he comes across as being a bit brash, a bit too big for his boots and a little whiny but when the chips are down, he pulls his weight and shows what he's made of. His fearlessness is genuine, comes from the better part of him and pervades every aspect of his personality. I also love how the Old Master of Ji Feng Hall acts like the fairy godfather and quietly provides them with all kinds of opportunities to get closer. :wink: On top of that, PJ is earning his way into her heart above and beyond the betrothal. The fact that she's falling for him despite parental admonishment and personal reservations is a testament to the substance of his character.

 

The other highlight from 19-24 is the fleshing out of Grand Sec Xun.

Spoiler

He could quite easily be the one-dimensional political villain of many Chinese dramas but thankfully, he isn't. Sure, he does his bit of manipulation from behind the scenes to keep the empress out of trouble but he really does care about the royal family and the country as a whole. I admired the way he made the effort to gain support from Pingzhang to seal off the city to keep the epidemic under the control.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's plenty in 19-24 to love indeed but the progression in LX and PJ's relationship is probably my favourite. It isn't just about developing the romance either but I love how the writer integrates that with PJ's character development and draws out his best qualities. PJ is just the sweetest kid. At times he comes across as being a bit brash, a bit too big for his boots and a little whiny but when the chips are down, he pulls his weight and shows what he's made of. His fearlessness is genuine, comes from the better part of him and pervades every aspect of his personality. I also love how the Old Master of Ji Feng Hall acts like the fairy godfather and quietly provides them with all kinds of opportunities to get closer. :wink: On top of that, PJ is earning his way into her heart above and beyond the betrothal. The fact that she's falling for him despite parental admonishment and personal reservations is a testament to the substance of his character.

Ohhh this is the progress that I love the most too :wub: . Like I said, I love how subtle and natural their romance is.  Yes, PJ is just the sweetest kid .. how could LX not falling for him ? :tongue:  . And agree with the Old Master of Ji Feng Hall as the fairy godfather *LOL* , and of course PZ as the most understanding older bro.

 

Then again : 

 

Didn't PJ say that they were friends? Please CMIIW, since I only understand very very very simple Chinese words. Sigh, how come I felt that he, himself, didn't realize that he liked her ?

 

 

On the other hand :

 

LX crying(well, she tried to hold her tears) for him is so touching and sad. I really like Zhang Huiwen acting here. She can act as a calm cold lady, while still being soft-hearted and gentle.

I really2 like this director style, especially in how he handled epi 23-24 . He knew how to build a suspense or playing with the viewers' emotion.

 

 

59 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

 

The other highlight from 19-24 is the fleshing out of Grand Sec Xun.

 

  Hide contents

He could quite easily be the one-dimensional political villain of many Chinese dramas but thankfully, he isn't. Sure, he does his bit of manipulation from behind the scenes to keep the empress out of trouble but he really does care about the royal family and the country as a whole. I admired the way he made the effort to gain support from Pingzhang to seal off the city to keep the epidemic under the control.

 

 

Regarding the Grand Sec Xun :

 

I'm actually annoyed with him because he is just like the Queen, being too afraid and too prejudice on the power of Chang Lin and didn't want to be honest to his nephew. Then again, yeah, I also like his help in the epidemic arc. It seems that he really care about the country and the royal family. And in the Northern Kingdom arc, he could still think objectively and admitted that the Chang Lin's suggestion was right .  It's just, I cant blame Xu for not trusting him, because he himself has been lying several times. And he even worked together with PYY. That guy looked evil and couldnt be trusted, so how could he believed his words ?
 

There are other details that I don't understand yet, like PYY's background story, so I'm waiting for the English subs too. I'm so thankful for viki and the subber team for providing it quickly. This guy is crazy, isn't he ? He killed his own brother. I admire the actor's acting, but his character is the most detestable one right now.
 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't wait until Monday, because the next eps will be AIR!!!!!

 

About PJ and LX's relationship, I just wonder what will happen... I remember the trailer and LX say something about sacrificing herself... I wonder what she means by that? Any thoughts? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's plenty in 19-24 to love indeed but the progression in LX and PJ's relationship is probably my favourite. It isn't just about developing the romance either but I love how the writer integrates that with PJ's character development and draws out his best qualities. PJ is just the sweetest kid. At times he comes across as being a bit brash, a bit too big for his boots and a little whiny but when the chips are down, he pulls his weight and shows what he's made of. His fearlessness is genuine, comes from the better part of him and pervades every aspect of his personality. I also love how the Old Master of Ji Feng Hall acts like the fairy godfather and quietly provides them with all kinds of opportunities to get closer. :wink: On top of that, PJ is earning his way into her heart above and beyond the betrothal. The fact that she's falling for him despite parental admonishment and personal reservations is a testament to the substance of his character.

 

The other highlight from 19-24 is the fleshing out of Grand Sec Xun.

  Hide contents

He could quite easily be the one-dimensional political villain of many Chinese dramas but thankfully, he isn't. Sure, he does his bit of manipulation from behind the scenes to keep the empress out of trouble but he really does care about the royal family and the country as a whole. I admired the way he made the effort to gain support from Pingzhang to seal off the city to keep the epidemic under the control.

 

 

Spoiler

What you said about Grand Sec Xun is exactly what i think, hes loyal to the royals and i can understand why he dislikes the chang lin's family and power. I understand his arguments that if a bad changlin member comes along they could wipe out everyone , im on episode 18 but at the current mark he does not want the changlins dead but out of power. 

 

He does not want them dead for the sake of revenge , he wouldnt want them dead to hurt the country and lead to them getting invaded. 

 

This is from wiki so not sure if true but if it is then my stance on him will change.

 

During an expedition, Grand Secretary Xun Baishui (Bi Yanjun) cuts off supplies to the front line, and Xiao Pingzhang is severely wounded.

 

Xiao Pingzhang dies from poison during the war, and a year later the Liang Emperor (Liu Jun) passes away from sickness. The Yu Dynasty takes the chance to invade, and Xun Baishui and Xiao Yuanqi, the Prince of Laiyang (Wu Haochen) coaxes the new Emperor (Hu Xianxu) into releasing an edict banning the Changlin Army from going into battle.

 

 

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

Ohhh this is the progress that I love the most too :wub: . Like I said, I love how subtle and natural their romance is.  Yes, PJ is just the sweetest kid .. how could LX not falling for him ? :tongue:  . And agree with the Old Master of Ji Feng Hall as the fairy godfather *LOL* , and of course PZ as the most understanding older bro.

 

Then again : 

  Hide contents

Didn't PJ say that they were friends? Please CMIIW, since I only understand very very very simple Chinese words. Sigh, how come I felt that he, himself, didn't realize that he liked her ?

 

 

On the other hand :

  Hide contents

LX crying(well, she tried to hold her tears) for him is so touching and sad. I really like Zhang Huiwen acting here. She can act as a calm cold lady, while still being soft-hearted and gentle.

I really2 like this director style, especially in how he handled epi 23-24 . He knew how to build a suspense or playing with the viewers' emotion.

 

 

 

Regarding the Grand Sec Xun :

  Hide contents

I'm actually annoyed with him because he is just like the Queen, being too afraid and too prejudice on the power of Chang Lin and didn't want to be honest to his nephew. Then again, yeah, I also like his help in the epidemic arc. It seems that he really care about the country and the royal family. And in the Northern Kingdom arc, he could still think objectively and admitted that the Chang Lin's suggestion was right .  It's just, I cant blame Xu for not trusting him, because he himself has been lying several times. And he even worked together with PYY. That guy looked evil and couldnt be trusted, so how could he believed his words ?
 

There are other details that I don't understand yet, like PYY's background story, so I'm waiting for the English subs too. I'm so thankful for viki and the subber team for providing it quickly. This guy is crazy, isn't he ? He killed his own brother. I admire the actor's acting, but his character is the most detestable one right now.
 

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

I just can't wait until Monday, because the next eps will be AIR!!!!!

 

About PJ and LX's relationship, I just wonder what will happen... I remember the trailer and LX say something about sacrificing herself... I wonder what she means by that? Any thoughts? 

 

Spoiler

Regarding PJ and LX didnt they say the romance has a good ending so thats a pretty big tell ;p

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rhaps said:

Ohhh this is the progress that I love the most too :wub: . Like I said, I love how subtle and natural their romance is.  Yes, PJ is just the sweetest kid .. how could LX not falling for him ? :tongue:  . And agree with the Old Master of Ji Feng Hall as the fairy godfather *LOL* , and of course PZ as the most understanding older bro.

 

Then again : 

  Reveal hidden contents

Didn't PJ say that they were friends? Please CMIIW, since I only understand very very very simple Chinese words. Sigh, how come I felt that he, himself, didn't realize that he liked her ?

 

 

Well, I did say "progression". :wink::D Undoubtedly on such matters relating to love he is a bit slow on the uptake. But there's no doubt in my mind that he likes her. It's fascinating how he's quite the detective and can be perceptive about certain things but he can't see that she likes him. I chalk it up to inexperience. :wink:

Yes, he did use the word "friend" to describe their relationship as a way to persuade her that between friends there's no need for fear in such a situation. I adore PJ in this arc... he throws himself into the carer role completely. 

 

Regarding PYY:

Spoiler

 

He and his family are from a vassal state of Liang called Ye Qin. Children are selected and trained in a special academy. Only the best can continue to achieve the next level. That's why some of them have only half of the flower tattoo. He and his brother were twins so he was able to exploit their likeness to wield their leader's decree and command everyone who trained under that regime to do his bidding.

25 years prior, there was a plague similar to the one we saw in 19-24. Many people from Ye Lin city died in an epidemic. Mainly young people survived and many were left orphaned. PYY recreated the plague and spread it in Liang as a form of vengeance.

 

 

@Wotad

I think Secretary Xun will always be a complex figure depending on what he's doing at the time and what's going on. I imagine that he will always do what is necessary to protect the throne especially because there's a blood connection. He's the uncle of the future of the emperor after all. My impression is that he styles himself as a watchdog against any potential excesses that may come from the House of Changlin. Where their interests intersect, he's happy to ride on their coattails but his primary loyalty is to the throne. As he tells PYY, he's not against Changlin when it comes to the defence of the country but he certainly wants their power curbed. That I suspect is the tricky part. How much is too much? Who decides? 

I don't consider him an outright bad guy. From his perspective he's thinking ahead and being cautious. It's not as if he's plotting to rule. He just wants (at least from everything I've seen) the crown prince to rule from a secure foundation.

If he thinks a certain action will benefit the throne or consolidate the power of the emperor over Changlin, I expect he will act accordingly.

 

@JoycceeDreamer Could you provide me a link to the trailer so that I can listen to it and work out the context?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balancing powers is ideal in monarchy, to prevent puppet emperors or coup in the worst case scenario. But this has also lead to killing of strong successful generals, ministers etc by their own rulers due to their growing power/popularity among citizens eventually leading to the downfall of the dynasty.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well, I did say "progression". :wink::D Undoubtedly on such matters relating to love he is a bit slow on the uptake. But there's no doubt in my mind that he likes her. It's fascinating how he's quite the detective and can be perceptive about certain things but he can't see that she likes him. I chalk it up to inexperience. :wink:

Yes, he did use the word "friend" to describe their relationship as a way to persuade her that between friends there's no need for fear in such a situation. I adore PJ in this arc... he throws himself into the carer role completely. 

 

 

You're right. A little progression is better than nothing *LOL*.

 

Pingjing is indeed inexperience and naive, and I think it's not just in a mater of love. I guess that's why he fell into the enemies' hands sometimes, eventhough he was intelligent. He naturally doesnt think too much about everything, unless if he has too, so he just do what he likes. I also have no doubt that he likes her, but perhaps he never thinks too much about how he really feels, knowing that he already has a marriage arrangement.

 

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

 

Regarding PYY:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

He and his family are from a vassal state of Liang called Qi Lin. Children are selected and trained in a special academy. Only the best can continue to achieve the next level. That's why some of them have only half of the flower tattoo. He and his brother were twins so he was able to exploit their likeness to wield their leader's decree and command everyone who trained under that regime to do his bidding.

25 years prior, there was a plague similar to the one we saw in 19-24. Many people from Qi Lin died. Mainly young people survived and many were left orphaned. PYY recreated the plague and spread it in Liang as a form of vengeance.

 

 

 

 


Thanks! Ohh, so that's why he had only half of tattoo, then he erased it. So am I right to say that his name is actually not PYY? It should be the name of his twin, right? 
 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dekaron said:

Balancing powers is ideal in monarchy, to prevent puppet emperors or coup in the worst case scenario. But this has also lead to killing of strong successful generals, ministers etc by their own rulers due to their growing power/popularity among citizens eventually leading to the downfall of the dynasty.

The destabilization that causes also allows external forces to manipulate the situation which indeed occurred in this instance. The discontent which led to the plotting among Minister Song and his fellow conspirators gave PYY and his minions the foothold to create more mischief in the Ganzhou incident. It's interesting that Secretary Xun is worried about an impending civil war occuring within Liang but has not highlighted the potential enemies from the outside if the internal rumblings gain momentum.

 

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

 

You're right. A little progression is better than nothing *LOL*.

 

Pingjing is indeed inexperience and naive, and I think it's not just in a mater of love. I guess that's why he fell into the enemies' hands sometimes, eventhough he was intelligent. He naturally doesnt think too much about everything, unless if he has too, so he just do what he likes. I also have no doubt that he likes her, but perhaps he never thinks too much about how he really feels, knowing that he already has a marriage arrangement.

 

True. But it could be that she sends off mixed messages and that confuses his simple-minded approach to the whole thing. :D She's cold and lukewarm and not terribly encouraging.

Something that he said in Ep. 5 about his brother asking the emperor permission to marry Xiao Xue makes me think that if he felt freer or had the right sort of encouragement, he would be courting her more assiduously. :wink:

 

As for PYY

Spoiler

As far as I can tell I don't think we know what his real name is. But I've only watched Ep 23 and 24 once.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Ratings update .

 

It hit 0.461 and 0.478 with its most recent episodes on TV which is like a 0.1 jump over the previous episodes, its getting like 300 million views a week online. 

 

NIF had a average 0.809 and aired 2 episodes daily. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another problem with big powerful family males is if the person you love is not of the same status or higher, she cannot be the main wife and either has to be left or ends up in a concubine position fueling "harem" conflicts later on. I'm actually surprised PZ is not pressured to get a concubine or PJ is forced to get married to continue the Changlin line so far considering their age

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the pacing for this series? Any unnecessary flashbacks? Or is it very much similar to the pacing of the original?  I am just looking for a series with good story line and not really care much about named actors or actresses or cinematography.  I have never seen any of the casts’ series before; I just know a few of them because of entertainment gossip. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

How is the pacing for this series? Any unnecessary flashbacks? Or is it very much similar to the pacing of the original?  I am just looking for a series with good story line and not really care much about named actors or actresses or cinematography.  I have never seen any of the casts’ series before; I just know a few of them because of entertainment gossip. 

very similar to s1 pace wise and i dont remember any flashbacks in the first 18 episodes.

 

1 hour ago, dekaron said:

Another problem with big powerful family males is if the person you love is not of the same status or higher, she cannot be the main wife and either has to be left or ends up in a concubine position fueling "harem" conflicts later on. I'm actually surprised PZ is not pressured to get a concubine or PJ is forced to get married to continue the Changlin line so far considering their age

 

i think its because the emperor really respects them that he wasnt forcing it like he said he wanted PJ to be free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

How is the pacing for this series? Any unnecessary flashbacks? Or is it very much similar to the pacing of the original?  I am just looking for a series with good story line and not really care much about named actors or actresses or cinematography.  I have never seen any of the casts’ series before; I just know a few of them because of entertainment gossip. 

Pacing is quite decent, similar to the original series IMO. The show moves when it needs to, slows down where necessary. Flashbacks are very well handled like in a good detective drama. There are mainly 2 kinds of flashbacks here. Ones that are new cuts to provide more backstory. The others are old scenes positioned in a new way in light of new discoveries/occurences. Unlike T&E every shot, every detail really matters to reveal important facts regarding the overall plot.

Among the leads the only actors I was familiar with were Huang Xiao MIng and Tong Liya. You'll also see familiar faces from NiF 1 pop up in different roles here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

 

True. But it could be that she sends off mixed messages and that confuses his simple-minded approach to the whole thing. :D She's cold and lukewarm and not terribly encouraging.

Something that he said in Ep. 5 about his brother asking the emperor permission to marry Xiao Xue makes me think that if he felt freer or had the right sort of encouragement, he would be courting her more assiduously. :wink:

 

You're right :D.  I believe that he could guess her correctly some times, like in the earlier episodes when he saw through her for being soft-hearted, deslite the cold exterior. But, he also noticed that she felt annoyed to receive his kindness. So perhaps he wants to be near her without making her feel uncomfortable .

 

Ow yeah, if there wasnt that marriage contract, then he would chase her even more aggresively than PZ did :D

 

6 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

How is the pacing for this series? Any unnecessary flashbacks? Or is it very much similar to the pacing of the original?  I am just looking for a series with good story line and not really care much about named actors or actresses or cinematography.  I have never seen any of the casts’ series before; I just know a few of them because of entertainment gossip. 

The pacing is slow but still decent.The story revolves around family, politic/strategy and investigation, so we're watching the characters discussing about facts and findings, making conclusions and plans. The story is moving from an 'arc' to another really smoothly, so we dont realize that we're actually in a new one. I'm actually someone who is impatient when watching a series and usually fast-forward a lot, but I put my attention to detail for this because one detail can be meaningful in the future scenes. The bromance and family relationship feels really warm here, as one of the highlight of this series. And the action sequences are superb.

 

The acting and chemistry between actors (plus the costumes and cinematography) are all good and enjoyable. Some people doubt Huang Xiaoming's acting before, but he turns out to be very decent. I've never heard about Liu Haoran before, so I took a peek of his series 'With You', in order to know why a young actor like him was chosen to star in NIF sequel. I think that his acting was good and natural, and I feel the same way of watching him NIF (so I have to disagree with people saying that he has a bad acting). On other actors, I recognize several familiar faces as the supporting actors/ villains, like Guo Jin(g?)fei as the High Priests Puyang Ying.  In other words, I think that all actors can act.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...