[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] All Out of Love 凉生,我们可不可以不忧伤

sugarplum892

@leah8 ah okay. I am very annoyed w dr Lu because he is the one who deepened the misunderstanding between JS and TY ; by misinforming JS that LS could have leukemia, it made her worry unnecessarily. It seems like his intention was to get her to test for her bone marrow to see if they are related but he should already have known that when Liang Sheng tested his blood for blood transfusion purposes to JS earlier. Perhaps that’s the only intention but even TE was wondering why when he confronted Dr Lu.

TY would feel that way in the book. In the drama, she said that she had to abort the baby to take care of her brother - not to save her brother - which is even more unrealistic ; hence why clearly it cannot be true and she was saying it to cover up for something but any man being told he lost his child by abortion would be too devastated and not rationally analyze the situation! 

JS found out that she and LS are not blood related in ep28 DVD version (same episode that she Lost the baby and TY) and TY finds out in ep29 about both of them not being blood related and for some reason, there was concern LS was suspected of leukemia. Prior to that he didn’t even know about the fake leukemia diagnosis. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lizzieyen said:

TY would feel that way in the book. In the drama, she said that she had to abort the baby to take care of her brother - not to save her brother - which is even more unrealistic ; hence why clearly it cannot be true and she was saying it to cover up for something but any man being told he lost his child by abortion would be too devastated and not rationally analyze the situation!

Honestly though I bought her story, and so did a lot of viewers.  The way she has been behaving about her brother, and how he's always on her mind, and having it affect her own health, I can understand why Tianyou believed her story.  Does JinLin know? 

I still havent caught up yet since its thanksgiving weekend.  When I do I will probably watch Dr Lu parts since you'e making me curious too.  I thought TY found out long ago. I read people saying that he wasnt surprised because he already did his own investigation and probably suspected they werent blood related but didnt arrive at a conclusion yet. 

I saw previews where the Chengs enter the party, and it looks like Tianen looks neutral if not sympathetic towards Jiang Sheng, or is he just not portraying his emotions properly? I notice he doesnt have the evil eyes anymore.

34 minutes ago, leah8 said:

Honestly though I bought her story, and so did a lot of viewers.  The way she has been behaving about her brother, and how he's always on her mind, and having it affect her own health, I can understand why Tianyou believed her story.  Does JinLin know? 

I still havent caught up yet since its thanksgiving weekend.  When I do I will probably watch Dr Lu parts since you'e making me curious too.  I thought TY found out long ago. I read people saying that he wasnt surprised because he already did his own investigation and probably suspected they werent blood related but didnt arrive at a conclusion yet. 

I saw previews where the Chengs enter the party, and it looks like Tianen looks neutral if not sympathetic towards Jiang Sheng, or is he just not portraying his emotions properly? I notice he doesnt have the evil eyes anymore.

Actually I didn’t at all which is why when you mentioned the preview of abortion, I went to scour for previews !!! LOL. It doesn’t jive at all with the characterization of Jiang Sheng (drama version - prob helps that I never read the book so I have no preconceived notions) - she may love her brother dearly but to she is meant to be a scholarship student (which implies some brains at least!) and she is a kind girl (aborting a child is literally killing the foetus while a miscarriage is a different context altogether) as in I could understand she miscarried because she was too stressed and didn’t take care of herself but she would not voluntarily perform an abortion without discussing it with TY - If say her bone marrow matches and she needs to choose between baby and Saving her bro, she would have then told TY and discussed with him and have a good cry about it. She loves TY too and if not for extenuating circumstances , she wouldn’t have made such a big decision without telling him, show Jiang Sheng loves both men and is not an unreasonable/unhinged person - She never hallucinated meeting LS; it was because he couldn’t be found (avoiding her) that it seemed like he was a figment if her imagination earlier.  

I think the scriptwriter did a good job keeping the key events from the book in the drama eg she had an abortion but they made the context different to fit the characterization / storyline of the drama. From what you said, JS was with TY the years that LS was missing and she gradually accepted him but seems like she is a lot more dependent on TY - that sounds a lot more like a much older man taking care of a hapless young girl (bordering on affection manipulation) who then eventually returns his all-consuming love. Show JS was actually on her own for 4 years and she literally tried to not be found - their love line is a lot more organic, mature and evenly matched. 

I guess show keeps keeps the original book fans but doesn’t alienate non book readers - sounds to me book TY is also not a character I would root for either. 

I haven’t seen any previews except the one where TY and JS are now colleagues (its blocked in my region on YT) - TY knows that their blood is not a match because LS did a test to see if he could transfuse blood to JS as her blood type is rare. But he didn’t suspect that they were not siblings. Drama TY is not he dogblood melo kind!! LOL

By the way, I have been watching only TY/JS scenes which pops up on my YT and kudos to scriptwriter, Wallace and Sun Yi for doing the car scene so well.

I like that TY was not all “let-me-protect-you-from-the-cold” and  “awww-sweet-girl-on-my-shoulder-I-am-so-in-love-w-her” but rather “jeez-I-have-no-choice-but-to-give-her-my-sweaters-because-she-is-sneezing-sighrolleyes” and “she-is-close-to-me-i-can-get-sweater-back-hooray!-damnicant!” The monologue there was actually JS and not TY ; he was preoccupied being annoyed (although it was literally his fault) and cold! 

18 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:

By the way, I have been watching only TY/JS scenes which pops up on my YT and kudos to scriptwriter, Wallace and Sun Yi for doing the car scene so well.

I like that TY was not all “let-me-protect-you-from-the-cold” and  “awww-sweet-girl-on-my-shoulder-I-am-so-in-love-w-her” but rather “jeez-I-have-no-choice-but-to-give-her-my-sweaters-because-she-is-sneezing-sighrolleyes” and “she-is-close-to-me-i-can-get-sweater-back-hooray!-damnicant!” The monologue there was actually JS and not TY ; he was preoccupied being annoyed (although it was literally his fault) and cold! 

See I missed the monologue to the car scene.  I was in a hurry to catch up I watched it without sound lol.  

He looked like he was trying to do the right thing by giving her his shoulders for the night.  But they showed an extension to that scene where he reminisces the past and it looked like after being annoyed and shocked at her behaviour he rested his head on top of hers and enjoyed the moment.  

Lord what else did I miss?  I did watch the paino scenes half a dozen times yet I missed some crucial moments the couple had together it seems lol.  I really like this onscreen couple.  I usually enjoy Wallace’s series but not his costar because they’re either not physically fit for him or their acting skills are not compatible.  

4 hours ago, leah8 said:

See I missed the monologue to the car scene.  I was in a hurry to catch up I watched it without sound lol.  

Hahahah. It was quite sweet because it shows that she was observing him while he was just pre-occupied with his annoyance and the cold! 

He looked like he was trying to do the right thing by giving her his shoulders for the night.  But they showed an extension to that scene where he reminisces the past and it looked like after being annoyed and shocked at her behaviour he rested his head on top of hers and enjoyed the moment.  

Yes, I recall that in the later episode (I think it was when he was reminiscing during the 4 years when she was away). I thought that it was just his memory playing tricks on him (as in think about it in a more fond way than when it actually happened!) In the original episode, he wasn't actually shocked at her cuddling up to him but just pleased that it gave him an opportunity to try and grab the jacket to cover himself (twice!). LOL

Lord what else did I miss?  I did watch the paino scenes half a dozen times yet I missed some crucial moments the couple had together it seems lol.  I really like this onscreen couple.  I usually enjoy Wallace’s series but not his costar because they’re either not physically fit for him or their acting skills are not compatible.  

Yeah, this is the first show of Wallace that I am watching faithfully (fingers crossed)- My Sunshine had Tang Yan whom I am allergic to (and the snippets I saw confirmed my allergy) and I tried General and I for a few episodes until I developed an allergy to Angelababy and I could not understand why would Wallace's character be in love with her! I would say that while All Out Of Love is a melo, it is not unnecessarily stupid (I tried a few eps of Here to Heart and the absurdness just floored me) and the story, albeit dramatised, still remains within the realm of believability. 

7 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

Hahahah. It was quite sweet because it shows that she was observing him while he was just pre-occupied with his annoyance and the cold!

Yes, I recall that in the later episode (I think it was when he was reminiscing during the 4 years when she was away). I thought that it was just his memory playing tricks on him (as in think about it in a more fond way than when it actually happened!) In the original episode, he wasn't actually shocked at her cuddling up to him but just pleased that it gave him an opportunity to try and grab the jacket to cover himself (twice!). LOL

At least he sat still and didn't disturb her lol.  What he said to her the next morning about her behavior the previous night was hilarious. 

7 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

Yeah, this is the first show of Wallace that I am watching faithfully (fingers crossed)- My Sunshine had Tang Yan whom I am allergic to (and the snippets I saw confirmed my allergy) and I tried General and I for a few episodes until I developed an allergy to Angelababy and I could not understand why would Wallace's character be in love with her! I would say that while All Out Of Love is a melo, it is not unnecessarily stupid (I tried a few eps of Here to Heart and the absurdness just floored me) and the story, albeit dramatised, still remains within the realm of believability.

I didnt follow the much the news on My Sunshine but I know it was a very big hit.  It stayed very true to the novel.  I did listen to a radio show pick it apart though, it was an english radio show.  The host had a british accent.  They were saying how the storyline is unrealistic but at the same time who wants to watch something realistic, people want to watch fantasy.  They were also saying how Wallace carried to show on his own.  I didnt realize the acting was that bad?  I'm not fond of Tang Yan, and My Sunshine did little to convince me otherwise.  The chinese viewers thought they had amazing chemistry, I found their chemistry was really restrained.  It seems like Tang Yan has little to no chemistry with most of her costars.  

2 hours ago, leah8 said:

At least he sat still and didn't disturb her lol.  What he said to her the next morning about her behavior the previous night was hilarious. 

That's flirting done well  , y'all! Lol

just wanted to share the YT clip that convinced me to give All Out Of Love a try despite my reservations on the (inaccurate)  dogblood / fauxcest storyline. Sun Yi and Wallace Chung had undeniable chemistry (not just the you are my greatest love kind but the banter flirt kind)  and she didn't seem to be someone in love with another man! 

1 hour ago, lizzieyen said:

That's flirting done well  , y'all! Lol

just wanted to share the YT clip that convinced me to give All Out Of Love a try despite my reservations on the (inaccurate)  dogblood / fauxcest storyline. Sun Yi and Wallace Chung had undeniable chemistry (not just the you are my greatest love kind but the banter flirt kind)  and she didn't seem to be someone in love with another man! 

Notice even when she called him uncle, she waited for his reaction to it.  She was clearly flirting, or at least enjoyed annoying him lol.

What I like about the drama vs the novel, is that her feelings are clear cut drama.  There is no ambiguity at all. You dont have to second guess.  I like the trailers initially released by the production company,  where he says "you have spent 17 years in love with him, I'll spend the next 70 to help you forget."  He says it with such conviction and sincerity. 

At some point in her life, despite him being her brother she has to let him live on his own, and she has to live hers without being overly concerned about his. 

In the previews she says the city is empty like my heart is empty, perhaps she's starting to feel the void of not having Tianyou around.  Tianyou's miserable too, filling his days with work and being full dressed working out lol

8 hours ago, leah8 said:

Notice even when she called him uncle, she waited for his reaction to it.  She was clearly flirting, or at least enjoyed annoying him lol.

Yeah, I like that the flirting is mutual and not just him subtly manipulating her into accepting him because he fell in love at first sight and she needed saving from herself (which appears to be more akin to the book from the comments I am reading here). In fact, it was JS who sa jiao-ed him into helping her cook up a story as to why she stayed out from dorm the first night they met.  Yes, the way she calls him uncle is more like a shrouded tease rather than derogatory. Love this pairing; I think Sun Yi is one of the strongest young actresses around - if she hadn't disappeared to have a baby right after Because You Met Me (which was a super big hit) , I think her popularity surge would have been similar to Deng Lun who cashed in on BYMM. 

8 hours ago, leah8 said:

What I like about the drama vs the novel, is that her feelings are clear cut drama.  There is no ambiguity at all. You dont have to second guess.  I like the trailers initially released by the production company,  where he says "you have spent 17 years in love with him, I'll spend the next 70 to help you forget."  He says it with such conviction and sincerity. 

I saw on YT somewhere that this dialogue is from the book - I actually hope this dialogue is cut from the drama because (a) JS is not in love with LS and confusing kinship with romantic love is just wrong on so many levels with me  - she should not forget her brother; he should be there with her too but just in a different bucket of affection (b) TY is much older than his book character - if she was 19 when they met and he 31, they are probably 25 and 37 now. Taking into account the misunderstandings and such, they will probably get together when he is 39? 70 is waaayyyy too long!! LOL

I also liked the scene(s) where they met again in the lobby of the office building after 4 years. Wallace with his restrained joy and Sun Yi with her uncertain confusion (she still thinks that TY agreed to separating her and JS 4 years ago but she knows now that he has feelings for her post-his confession at railway station and her own conflicted feelings) and their second meet at the corporate event where she turned back and smiled openly and broadly at him while leaving the room. 

@leah8   seems like only you and I spazzing on this thread, though! LOL 

@lizzieyen isn’t it great we are hogging this thread all to ourselves?  Lol it would be nice to have some more people join us though.  I think a lot of people are watching it with subs so they’re behind. 

I dont mind that dialogue actually.  I feel that her love for her brother is almost like a dedicated obsession.  She doesn’t know how to balance her concern for him.  She lets her worry over her him consume her life.  It’s not healthy.  In Tianyou’s mind he probably feels she loves her brother in a romantic sense.  Probably a misunderstanding on his part,  but it will be worked into the story.  I’m interested to see how this story will unfold.  

I think Sun Yi is better than some veteran actresses who haven’t improved much despite all the experience under their belt 

Hi,

I registered account just to post this :-) Actually, I have been following my favourite drama threads in forum for so long but did not happen to open account nor post.  I just want to say that I'm currently obsessing with this drama. I don't understand Chinese and I can't watch episodes on some days. So, my only thing to keep update with drama is only this place. I use to refresh many time this thread just to get latest and also spoiler. So, you guys are not only one and please keep posting :-D It would be really nice if anyone can kindly do a mini recap for the poor drama fan like me who want to know what is happening to my TY and JS couple. Thanks you all.

23 minutes ago, cocoe said:

Hi,

I registered account just to post this :-) Actually, I have been following my favourite drama threads in forum for so long but did not happen to open account nor post.  I just want to say that I'm currently obsessing with this drama. I don't understand Chinese and I can't watch episodes on some days. So, my only thing to keep update with drama is only this place. I use to refresh many time this thread just to get latest and also spoiler. So, you guys are not only one and please keep posting :-D It would be really nice if anyone can kindly do a mini recap for the poor drama fan like me who want to know what is happening to my TY and JS couple. Thanks you all.

welcome rookie.  I only started posting recently too

Spoiler for the next episodes

Spoiler

Liang Sheng abandons his own wedding to Weiyang, leaving with Jiang Sheng.  This man is a curse, at his own wedding and other people's weddings.  Has anyone taught him responsibility and social ethics?  He made the wrong decision by agreeing to marry her in the first place.  He had more than enough chances to break off the engagement but waits until the day of the wedding.  The same way he had chances before the wedding between Jiang Sheng and Tianyou.  Me think he needs some counseling from a professional.  He was rational as a child, but irrational and weak as a man

@leah8 Big thanks you for spoiler. :) I sometimes feel LS's character is lack of development. Since beginning, he is neural to WY and never draw the line clearly. Not sure it's storyline though. Sigh, he just added more conflict and troubles to JS. I'm loving to TY and JS because actors portray their characters really well. I can feel their emotion and feeling not only to each other but people around them. I'm dying to know when will TY know the truth about JS's abortion. I really like Wallace and Sun Yi in this drama.

@cocoe Because Ma Tianyu is portraying Liang Sheng like he's half asleep, its hard to read his emotions.  Just because he's sad doesnt mean he has to use sleepy eyes.  There are better ways to convey sadness then looking like a zombie.  Maybe its after finding out Weiyang played a direct role in the miscarriage thats why he walks out on her.  There's still more mature ways to deal with such a situation.  What he did is not only inconsiderate but disrespectful to everyone, including himself.         

I want to see how Tianyou is going to redeem himself after he finds out he's misunderstood  his girlfriend                                         

11 hours ago, cocoe said:

Hi,

Hi,

Usually I'll upload and sub some interesting drama clips that I've found in Weibo into English or provide some explanations in facebook. They are normally only Wallace's scenes. If you are interested, you can pay me a visit at Our Sunshine: Wallace Chung Hon Leung - 钟汉良 in facebook. 

After episode 30, the drama is getting more interesting with more tension and humor.  Later Tian You will admonish Liang Sheng for walking out on his wedding and smearing the Cheng's family good name. Also, Liang Sheng will find out that Jiang Sheng lost the baby because of him. Then there is the usual boss bullies the little staff humor :)

@marchpee  I find ep 31 and 32 (tv version) very disjointed. Did JS join the company knowing that it’s TY’s Group? I know she says no but WY actually told her one of the companies is the Cheng Group’s - did she pick another one but it is also is part of a Cheng Group? They were discussing it at her housewarrming party but I couldn't read the brochures.

I think its clear that JS misses TY but is trying hard to move on but can't quite stay away from him as well. Her face when she saw him with NJ and at the masquerade ball is suffused with choked emotion but yet the two of them definitely still have chemistry. I thought it was hilarious that she was justifying to herself that the orange peel dictated her to stay and not resign. 

BUT...I wonder if they are doing it on purpose to make it unclear who JS is thinking about? That it could be TY but it could also be LS? She says things like her heart is empty but yet they do not show her reminiscing about TY. I am not sure if the vagueness is so that it follows the books because its starting to make the drama storyline a bit odd. Up to ep 30, JS is just concerned that LS marrying WY may not be exactly what he wants (and WY is a crazy broad) but aside from that, she has been normal in that she doesn't expect LS to be spending his entire life revolving around her - I mean, she too had her own romantic relationship - which is why I thought that part where she imagined herself hugging LS to be slightly odd. 

And honestly, why does everyone blame LS for JS losing the baby? It is WY!! That boy who was the witness - why hasnt he told anyone yet? They may agree not to tell LS but how can he not tell the rest - this storyline gap is starting to grate on me. 

As of now, TY still thinks that JS aborted their baby w/o telling because she wanted to be considered as a bone marrow donor for her brother. This is a MASSIVE misunderstanding - i hope that show resolves this properly and not make TY accept it just because he loves JS. He needs to know that she did not abort their baby without his consent just to be a potential bone marrow donor!! That sequence of event is important!! Sorry I am anal about things like this. I am concerned because it seems like TY is taking dating advice from his friend/secretary about wooing JS again and he really really shouldn't until this misunderstanding is sorted out. 

13 hours ago, leah8 said:

@cocoe Because Ma Tianyu is portraying Liang Sheng like he's half asleep, its hard to read his emotions.  Just because he's sad doesnt mean he has to use sleepy eyes.  There are better ways to convey sadness then looking like a zombie.  Maybe its after finding out Weiyang played a direct role in the miscarriage thats why he walks out on her.  There's still more mature ways to deal with such a situation.  What he did is not only inconsiderate but disrespectful to everyone, including himself.         

I want to see how Tianyou is going to redeem himself after he finds out he's misunderstood  his girlfriend                                         

Maybe his revenge to WY for what she did to JS. I watched ep 31 with sub last night and there is a scene where LS threaten to Old Chen to choose side. JS think over that the side of her brother she has not seen. But he has not added depth into his LS character portrayal so it seems inconsistent and irrational and rather childish for to ruin both weddings. Yes, TY also need to redeem for his ignorance to his brother and WY's bully to JS. 

@marchpee Thanks. I'll visit to your page.

8 hours ago, marchpee said:

Hi,

Usually I'll upload and sub some interesting drama clips that I've found in Weibo into English or provide some explanations in facebook. They are normally only Wallace's scenes. If you are interested, you can pay me a visit at Our Sunshine: Wallace Chung Hon Leung - 钟汉良 in facebook. 

After episode 30, the drama is getting more interesting with more tension and humor.  Later Tian You will admonish Liang Sheng for walking out on his wedding and smearing the Cheng's family good name. Also, Liang Sheng will find out that Jiang Sheng lost the baby because of him. Then there is the usual boss bullies the little staff humor :)

Actually LS already knows that JS lost the baby because of him - TY already told him (i.e. she miscarried because she was too worried about him) that when LS punched him at his bungalow. 

Because I saw previews of where she says the city feels empty just like my heart feels empty, and it showed the scene where Tianyou walks past her ignoring her, I was inclined to believe her heart was empty because she no longer has him by her side.  I genuinely feel that she only feels for her brother like a possessive sister who once had all his attention and now has to share and give up that attention to another woman.  Some mothers behave like this too with their sons. 

8 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

And honestly, why does everyone blame LS for JS losing the baby? It is WY!! That boy who was the witness - why hasnt he told anyone yet? They may agree not to tell LS but how can he not tell the rest - this storyline gap is starting to grate on me. 

As of now, TY still thinks that JS aborted their baby w/o telling because she wanted to be considered as a bone marrow donor for her brother. This is a MASSIVE misunderstanding - i hope that show resolves this properly and not make TY accept it just because he loves JS. He needs to know that she did not abort their baby without his consent just to be a potential bone marrow donor!! That sequence of event is important!! Sorry I am anal about things like this. I am concerned because it seems like TY is taking dating advice from his friend/secretary about wooing JS again and he really really shouldn't until this misunderstanding is sorted out.

The same way you and some others blamed Tianyu for his brother's behavior.  Everyone's led to believe its Liang Sheng's fault, no matter what story they hear.  Whether its Weiyang actions, or the bone barrow, or the I want to take care of my brother story, it all ties back to Liang Sheng even though it's not entirely his fault.  He's oblivious to his sister's decision or Weiyang's doings behind his back so its unfair to blame him but its human physiology to blame someone.  I feel that even if she didnt lose the baby the way she did, she would have lost it because she was weak physically and mentally over the stress of her sick brother. 

The bone marrow story still makes better sense and more forgiving than I want to concentrate on my brother and the baby is just an obstacle in my way of taking care of him story.  I saw a preview where Jiang Sheng falls asleep at work, and Tianyou walks up wanting to comfort her but then he's reminded of the painful memories of the day she told him about the abortion then proceeded to dump him, so he left her there and walked off.  I actually think he's going to forgive her before finding out the truth.  Due to them working together now, it puts their reconciliation on acceleration had she not worked at his company.  He's being downright mean to her right now but it's just a front and defense mechanism to hide his true feelings.        

@marchpee I visit that page sometimes too!  I'll be sure to check for updates

I saw that scene where he reprimanded LS, but it did little to phase the man.  LS just walked off after saying you can never separate Jiang Sheng and I.  I dont know if its Ma Tianyu's portrayal or his character, but he comes off very unlikable with his I dont give dam-n attitude.  He's so unapologetic.  

@cocoe If his reasoning is revenge then there are other ways to deal with it instead of insulting the guests and his family by walking out like that.  It's juvenile and disrespectful. 

Has anyone else notice that Tianen seems to have a change of attitude towards Jiang Sheng?  Or am I imaging things?

Youtube has 31 and 32 tv version up even though it wont air till next Monday.  I'm watching the tv version, but I've also downloaded the dvd version off youtube.  Is Viki subbing the dvd version?  Am I missing anything relevant to Jiang Sheng or Tianyou?  Id hate to have to download 3 versions of this  

Archived