Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] All Out of Love 凉生,我们可不可以不忧伤

i'm on ep.5 now..hahaha...i read reviews at viki said wallace chung is male lead in this series:D

Spoiler

i'm feel so funny seeing jiangsheng vomiting on tianyou's clothes. usually the first thing that happens people will feel disgusting and feel smelly, but tianyou don't even...LOL and one again make me laugh out loud is when jiangsheng calles tianyou for the first time " uncle" and tianyou tell to her his name, and she said again " unche zhen"...LOL....so funny :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 9/25/2018 at 12:22 AM, lovecarnation said:

ooh...LOL...i think she is tianyou's grandmom..:joy: look at the opening soundtrack like jiangsheng will be together with tianyou. by the way, i just know this series have 70 episodes....:scream: longer than my fuyao . omg :joy:

A lot of pointless flashbacks to be honest.. I also read the spoilers on weibo and I am not too fond but still persisting. :sweatingbullets:

19 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

i'm on ep.5 now..hahaha...i read reviews at viki said wallace chung is male lead in this series:D

Hide contents

i'm feel so funny seeing jiangsheng vomiting on tianyou's clothes. usually the first thing that happens people will feel disgusting and feel smelly, but tianyou don't even...LOL and one again make me laugh out loud is when jiangsheng calles tianyou for the first time " uncle" and tianyou tell to her his name, and she said again " unche zhen"...LOL....so funny :joy:

My man is indeed the main lead.. he gets the girl. xD 

On 9/25/2018 at 1:01 AM, visiopeia said:

i haven't watch it.. should i watch it???? 

Yes, I say go for it. I am actually only on ep 4 and I am waiting until at least 30 eps are out to make sure this will be worth my time.. I am very surprised that this is longer than legend of fu yao. ;o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

A lot of pointless flashbacks to be honest.. I also read the spoilers on weibo and I am not too fond but still persisting. :sweatingbullets:

My man is indeed the main lead.. he gets the girl. xD 

Yes, I say go for it. I am actually only on ep 4 and I am waiting until at least 30 eps are out to make sure this will be worth my time.. I am very surprised that this is longer than legend of fu yao. ;o

yes, i'm shocked too with 70 ep..:joy: because it is modern drama not historical drama, but hope the story not boring to me. i prefer wallace chung too than ma tian yu.

i have seen someone post on ig about the spoiler

Spoiler

she posted that jiangsheng was pregnant but then miscarried because of Liansheng. who is the father of the child in her womb?

• Like 1

I'm so confused is MTY the lead or Wallace I prefer Wallace but the title of the drama has MTY name I don't want to be disappointed but since it airs everyday I guess I'll watch it 

8 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

I'm so confused is MTY the lead or Wallace I prefer Wallace but the title of the drama has MTY name I don't want to be disappointed but since it airs everyday I guess I'll watch it 

me too, because the title in this series is use liangshen name . does someone at here know about its novel? maybe will know who is the lead male role.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

yes, i'm shocked too with 70 ep..:joy: because it is modern drama not historical drama, but hope the story not boring to me. i prefer wallace chung too than ma tian yu.

i have seen someone post on ig about the spoiler

Hide contents

she posted that jiangsheng was pregnant but then miscarried because of Liansheng. who is the father of the child in her womb?

Spoiler

I am not entirely sure but I think she was also raped fyi.. I read the spoilers but then again the drama could be revamped entirely and it could be Tian Yu's..

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:
  Hide contents

I am not entirely sure but I think she was also raped fyi.. I read the spoilers but then again the drama could be revamped entirely and it could be Tian Yu's.. 

Spoiler

oh...thx for your explanation..i'm on ep.6 now :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lovecarnation said:
  Reveal hidden contents

oh...thx for your explanation..i'm on ep.6 now :D

Oh wow, you're ahead of me. I'm just catching up on  some old C-dramas  like My Sunshine with Wallace Huo. Rewatching because i find it it good but  the plot is dry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

Oh wow, you're ahead of me. I'm just catching up on  some old C-dramas  like My Sunshine with Wallace Huo. Rewatching because i find it it good but  the plot is dry.

actually, I was already slow to watch this series, unlike when Fuyao was aired, I was like a crazy person who always pursued the continuation and was willing to wait week to week just to watch Fuyao.:joy:

• Like 1

For those who have read the novel and now watching the drama, there has been drastic changes.  Yes the name of the book is called Liang Sheng.  However, the latter part of the novel focuses on Cheng Tianyou, it should be clear to those who read the novel to guess who the protagonist is. 

spoilers

Spoiler

In the novel, Cheng Tianyou is a college student in his 20s, in the drama he's a successful businessman in his 30s who has developed his own business overseas and will take over the Cheng business at home. 

I remember reading on the english websites saying that Ma Tianyu's scenes were cut because he plays a mafia boss.   Talk about lost in translation.  It was Wallace's character Cheng Tianyou that has an underworld background.  His character is suppose to be multifaceted.  Although he can be an angel, but he can also be ruthless.  In the novel in order seek revenge for his brother and out of jealousy he cuts off two fingers of Liang Sheng, you dont see that here in the drama. 

Ning Xin's character changed a lot too.  In the drama shes patient calm and collected.  In the book she was more conniving. 

btw the baby belongs to Cheng Tianyou, if they follow the script.  

The novel has a sad ending whereas the drama version will have a happy ending.  She returns to Cheng Tianyou after she realizes who it is she really loves.  Before the happy ending the couple will break up a couple of times, at one point with Cheng TIanyou letting her go knowing he was going to turn blind. 

They've changed a lot in the drama and its well received in China because viewers thought the brutality in the novel is uncalled for.  The drama is said to promote positive energy. 

Edited by leah8
hide spoiler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, leah8 said:

For those who have read the novel and now watching the drama, there has been drastic changes.  Yes the name of the book is called Liang Sheng.  However, the latter part of the novel focuses on Cheng Tianyou, it should be clear to those who read the novel to guess who the protagonist is.  

spoilers

Hide contents

In the novel, Cheng Tianyou is a college student in his 20s, in the drama he's a successful businessman in his 30s who has developed his own business overseas and will take over the Cheng business at home. 

I remember reading on the english websites saying that Ma Tianyu's scenes were cut because he plays a mafia boss.   Talk about lost in translation.  It was Wallace's character Cheng Tianyou that has an underworld background.  His character is suppose to be multifaceted.  Although he can be an angel, but he can also be ruthless.  In the novel in order seek revenge for his brother and out of jealousy he cuts off two fingers of Liang Sheng, you dont see that here in the drama. 

Ning Xin's character changed a lot too.  In the drama shes patient calm and collected.  In the book she was more conniving. 

btw the baby belongs to Cheng Tianyou, if they follow the script.  

The novel has a sad ending whereas the drama version will have a happy ending.  She returns to Cheng Tianyou after she realizes who it is she really loves.  Before the happy ending the couple will break up a couple of times, at one point with Cheng TIanyou letting her go knowing he was going to turn blind.  

They've changed a lot in the drama and its well received in China because viewers thought the brutality in the novel is uncalled for.  The drama is said to promote positive energy.  

so, in novel,the tianyou character is antagonist? i quite like his character in drama until the episode which i watched. because actually ,personally I like it if the couple has a fairly far age with us with an established and mature person:D

10 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

so, in novel,the tianyou character is antagonist? i quite like his character in drama until the episode which i watched. because actually ,personally I like it if the couple has a fairly far age with us with an established and mature person:D

A lot of the viewers in China like how Cheng Tainyou is portrayed in the drama.  Personally I'm on the fence.  He's almost too perfect.  He's too patient, understanding, and respectful that he's not aggressive enough in the relationship.  Example

Spoiler

When he went to her flower shop to apologize and speak his mind, but a few words from her ushering him out and he just backed off and gave her space.  Or when she broke up with him for the first time.  He respected her wishes. 

Which takes me back to the trailers where he says..."when you decide to stop wandering I shall share my surname with you and cherish you forever"...he has to leave her at one point so she misses having him around.  I think it took that time apart for her to realize she needs him in her life.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, leah8 said:

A lot of the viewers in China like how Cheng Tainyou is portrayed in the drama.  Personally I'm on the fence.  He's almost too perfect.  He's too patient, understanding, and respectful that he's not aggressive enough in the relationship.  Example

Hide contents

When he went to her flower shop to apologize and speak his mind, but a few words from her ushering him out and he just backed off and gave her space.  Or when she broke up with him for the first time.  He respected her wishes. 

Which takes me back to the trailers where he says..."when you decide to stop wandering I shall share my surname with you and cherish you forever"...he has to leave her at one point so she misses having him around.  I think it took that time apart for her to realize she needs him in her life.

I think i will love tian you character too. I want to give my little opinion. Now i'm on ep.7 but honest, why i can't feel interested with jiangsheng or liangsheng acting. Wallace is good, but looks like his acting skill not offset by jiangsheng and liangsheng face expression is too flat for me in this series 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

I think i will love tian you character too. I want to give my little opinion. Now i'm on ep.7 but honest, why i can't feel interested with jiangsheng or liangsheng acting. Wallace is good, but looks like his acting skill not offset by jiangsheng and liangsheng face expression is too flat for me in this series 

I'm all caught up to episode 22. 

I think Wallace is amazing in here, but he usually is.  He's made a lot of his roles memorable.  His eyes like people say, speak a thousand words.  Like the pain and tears in his eyes when he saw her working so hard.  Or even the change in eye expressions when he saw her after 4 years.  He was excited and trying to hold it in, he had tears in his eyes but trying to stop it from flowing.  Then when she walked away he looked so sad and disappointed.  So many expressions and emotions in a matter of seconds.  Too many gifs to post so here's a link

http://fx.weico.cc/share/38262206.html?weibo_id=4288260752895076

His acting has never been questionable.  Even the people who may hate on him cant deny his skills.  I think the only thing most people can use against him is his age lol.  If I can complain about anything it's his puffy hair.  It bothers the heck out of me.  It's obvious this drama was filmed in stages, cause you can see Wallace's weight gain, then weight loss, then back to normal again.  The big poofy hair and skinny frame was when they went back to film it late last year and earlier this year.  Then he gained weight again when filming ended.  If I remember correctly filming wrapped up in February this year.   

Sun Yi I think is doing a fairly good job.  Imagine Angelababy in this role and you can learn to appreciate Sun Yi a million times.  Sun Yi's chemistry with Wallace is very natural.  There was nothing much in the piano scene, but somehow the chemistry was whoa.  I was a little concerned about her looking a little too young for Wallace with their 19 year difference, but somehow they look good together.  They look like lovers, not father and daughter. 

Then there's Ma Tianyu.  I dont think hes suited for the role in terms of acting, its probably beyond his grasp.  He's very dry and emotionless he's like a walking corpse.  His acting doesn't flow. His face barely moves, even when talking.  He's always been a mediocre actor but this role requires he speaks through his eyes, and to me his eyes are empty. 

Perhaps Alan would have been more suited to take on the role of Liang Sheng.  I like Alan's portrayal of Tianen too.   

Edited by leah8
  • Like 3

i have a question,   i am only on ep 7 or so, but i read somewhere else that they changed the male actor for the male lead in like ep 70.   WHAT?????    Is this true?

5 hours ago, Joanne Smith said:

i have a question,   i am only on ep 7 or so, but i read somewhere else that they changed the male actor for the male lead in like ep 70.   WHAT?????    Is this true?

If I remember correctly this series was slated for 48-50 episodes.  They went back to film in late 2017 and added more content.  The tv version is 70 episodes but online version is 72.  Despite the added episodes, its not dragging. 

Has the male lead been changed?  From the beginning promotion back in 2016 when announcing the cast, Wallace name is listed first, and in the promotional poster he is placed in the middle.  Is this much attention given to a second lead, supporting actor or guest star?  As far as I'm concerned, this is the type of treatment they give the lead actor.  This is the first post from the production company confirming the cast for the series:  

http://fx.weico.cc/share/38266604.html?weibo_id=4034889488059594

The name of the book is probably what stirs the controversy on who the lead male is.  They should have just changed it to...Can we not be Sad, instead of adding Liang Sheng in there.

The Chinese love this novel and Cheng Tianyou is among one of the most favorite novel characters, listed at 3.  I think number one was He Yichen from My Sunshine, and 2 being Xiao Nai from Love 020

Spoiler

In the novel Jiang Sheng marries Cheng Tianyou.  In the drama she will marry Cheng Tianyou.  Therefore those looking for a happy ending for Jiang Sheng and Liang Sheng will be sadly disappointed reading the book or watching the drama. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 4:25 PM, leah8 said:

If I remember correctly this series was slated for 48-50 episodes.  They went back to film in late 2017 and added more content.  The tv version is 70 episodes but online version is 72.  Despite the added episodes, its not dragging. 

Has the male lead been changed?  From the beginning promotion back in 2016 when announcing the cast, Wallace name is listed first, and in the promotional poster he is placed in the middle.  Is this much attention given to a second lead, supporting actor or guest star?  As far as I'm concerned, this is the type of treatment they give the lead actor.  This is the first post from the production company confirming the cast for the series:  

http://fx.weico.cc/share/38266604.html?weibo_id=4034889488059594

The name of the book is probably what stirs the controversy on who the lead male is.  They should have just changed it to...Can we not be Sad, instead of adding Liang Sheng in there.

The Chinese love this novel and Cheng Tianyou is among one of the most favorite novel characters, listed at 3.  I think number one was He Yichen from My Sunshine, and 2 being Xiao Nai from Love 020

Hide contents

In the novel Jiang Sheng marries Cheng Tianyou.  In the drama she will marry Cheng Tianyou.  Therefore those looking for a happy ending for Jiang Sheng and Liang Sheng will be sadly disappointed reading the book or watching the drama. 

Spoiler

I won't be disappointed here because my man, Wallace is the leading man. :D

• Like 1

What is the deal with this Tianen guy??? Is he really a psychopath??? Xiao Jiu and Xiao Wu's story made me tear up. Hope they get together in the end. Sighh

On 9/30/2018 at 12:24 AM, leah8 said:

I'm all caught up to episode 22. 

I think Wallace is amazing in here, but he usually is.  He's made a lot of his roles memorable.  His eyes like people say, speak a thousand words.  Like the pain and tears in his eyes when he saw her working so hard.  Or even the change in eye expressions when he saw her after 4 years.  He was excited and trying to hold it in, he had tears in his eyes but trying to stop it from flowing.  Then when she walked away he looked so sad and disappointed.  So many expressions and emotions in a matter of seconds.  Too many gifs to post so here's a link

http://fx.weico.cc/share/38262206.html?weibo_id=4288260752895076

His acting has never been questionable.  Even the people who may hate on him cant deny his skills.  I think the only thing most people can use against him is his age lol.  If I can complain about anything it's his puffy hair.  It bothers the heck out of me.  It's obvious this drama was filmed in stages, cause you can see Wallace's weight gain, then weight loss, then back to normal again.  The big poofy hair and skinny frame was when they went back to film it late last year and earlier this year.  Then he gained weight again when filming ended.  If I remember correctly filming wrapped up in February this year.   

Sun Yi I think is doing a fairly good job.  Imagine Angelababy in this role and you can learn to appreciate Sun Yi a million times.  Sun Yi's chemistry with Wallace is very natural.  There was nothing much in the piano scene, but somehow the chemistry was whoa.  I was a little concerned about her looking a little too young for Wallace with their 19 year difference, but somehow they look good together.  They look like lovers, not father and daughter. 

Then there's Ma Tianyu.  I dont think hes suited for the role in terms of acting, its probably beyond his grasp.  He's very dry and emotionless he's like a walking corpse.  His acting doesn't flow. His face barely moves, even when talking.  He's always been a mediocre actor but this role requires he speaks through his eyes, and to me his eyes are empty. 

Perhaps Alan would have been more suited to take on the role of Liang Sheng.  I like Alan's portrayal of Tianen too.    

i agree with you, wallace and sunyi as tianyou and jiangsheng looks  not so much different for age , i means they not looks like father and daugther , they still can be couple in this series, so why i want to laugh when jiangsheng called him " uncle" because i don't think so his face or style likes uncle...LOL

oh yeah, for anyone who ever watched  fuyao, will know the actress as jin ling in this series is fake folian at fuyao..LOL.. honest, i'm very hated her in there, but i found she in this series is looks pretty too. :lol:

and about ma tian yu , i'm agree with you,he looks doesn't have  expression in this series , even when he stood up sometimes I felt a little strange whether it was called a bit stiff or something else...i don't know this is his character in this series which requires him to express like that or how..:D i'm on ep 8 now, hoping to get his acting change in the next episode because I think his role is also important in this series