[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] All Out of Love 凉生,我们可不可以不忧伤

sugarplum892

I too am waiting for Paris!

How the show is edited is beyond me. 1)Subs say JS had bad back injury, yet she’s getting up & walking around just fine. Was her injury cut out? I don’t feel she’s in pain over TY. 

2)TY woke up from his coma & even visited JS. Next scene she is her sitting at his bedside still waiting for him to come to. Did I miss something?

The show should be called All Because At The Hospital. Too many hospital scenes.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh what happened to my comment up there.  The font is messed up.  

@chdom I feel the same way judging from her acting, this is why I emphasized how poorly she’s performing because her monologue and the way she’s spoken about him vocally says the opposite.  She would rather be the one unconscious in his place and would die with him if he dies, doesn’t seem to match the lack of emotions she’s displaying.  I’m not asking for her to be throw herself on the floor and cry but at least show some pain in her eyes.  She’s dead blank.  I do think she’s a good actress but those scenes were disappointing.  She did better after he cut ties with her.  You can clearly see her pain when he told her he had to compromise her for his career and when she was forced to drink the tea, or even where she cried her heart out in the room alone.

She had a back injury but it was minor because Tianyou broke her fall. Though it didn’t look like she was injured at all to me.  They could have put her in a wheelchair to make it look believable why she wasn’t discharged from the hospital yet.  She didn’t act like she was injured either.  She’s not limping or looking like she’s in any pain.  A fall from that steep, and being unprepared there are bound to be injuries.  

Tianyou already regained consciousness but no one knew but Uncle Qian.  They were probably trying to coverup his blindness.  He was either asleep there or pretending to be when she visited him by his bedside.  They did cut out scenes that were filmed so that’s probably causing a lot of loose ends.  

Spoiler

Remember that opening scene in the tv version where LS runs off with the bride?  Well it’s all a fantasy playing in LS’s mind.  Talk about pyschotic.  I would be very troubled if a brother I grew up with to the age mid 20s had romantic feelings for me.  Even if it turns out we are not related at all, how can you fall in love with someone you’ve known to be family your entire life?  That’s creepy.  So it turns out every sweet thing he’s done for her is not out of pure love a brother has for a sister but there’s some sexual attraction.  That’s morally wrong.  He had feelings for her from the getgo.

@leah8 Thank you so much for the clarifications. I’m team TY from the start. LS is her brother. I was happy to know that JS really loves TY. Autumn In My Heart will always be one of my faves, just hated how the story ended. I was having 2nd syndrome so bad. Anyway, I say that because LS character & the actor playing him doesn’t catch my interest. I’m not familiar with this actor just going off his performance here. I just find him just so bland. Also, character wise not likeable.

@chdom Autumn in my Heart I felt was a little more reasonable to see them fall in love because didn’t they find out at an early age they weren’t related then they reunited years later as adults?  The love story in a way makes sense because they met again and had a chance to develope feelings for each other.  I too liked the second lead better.  Here Liang Sheng found out the truth only before the wedding but he had feelings for her wayyy back. 

Ma Tianyou is a weak actor, which is why I’ve never been a fan but I could tolerate and watch him.   Liang Sheng is suppose to be a sympathic and likeable character but so far his portrayal is not giving that vibe.  Its hard to feel any empathy for his character.  I’ve read a lot of articles criticizing his acting saying he comes off as weak and feminine and that he looks stunned and confused all the time.  Or that he sounds like he’s reading his lines.  I agree with the stunned and confused analysis because if you were to put a collage of his emotions together, he has that look for every emotion.  This should have been a breakthrough role for him but he didn’t come through.  

Sun Yi is getting her fair share of criticism but with Sun Yi we know she can deliver just that she’s faltered at times.  Considering her age she surpassed my expectations.  

BTS footage filming of the fall in Sanya.  I thought it was CGi, didn’t think they’d make the effort to film it on location.  The only CGI was the ocean beneath them.  I would have preferred being hung with the ocean beneath me 

I just read spoilers for the drama.  I'm not sure how closely they will follow this.  From my understanding the drama is suppose to be positive energy compared to the novel, so I was a bit surprised to read how the drama version would end.  Take it with a grain of salt because we've seen make random changes here and there.  

Spoiler

iX7kisL.gif

LS will propose to Jiang Sheng.  She rejects him and returns to Tianyou.  LS becomes gravely ill shortly after and the person responsible for this his illness is Dr Lu.  He eventually succumbs to his illness and dies.  Tianyou and Jiang Sheng brings his ashes back to his hometown Weijiaping.  

I do hope that there is a miracle for him and he gets his own happy ending.   

Lets talk about his love for Jiang Sheng,

I don't agree with LS pursuing Jiang Sheng romantically for numerous reasons. As a brother growing up with her, he was was sexually attracted to her.  Imagine if your father was sexually attracted to you, see how wrong that sounds?  I question his mental stability.  It would be more accepting if his feelings gradually developed after finding out they're not related.  With Jiang Sheng her love with her brother has a lot to do with dependence on him, he's the only family left.  It doesnt cross the line. 

Secondly, because of his poor health he's not in the position to take care of another person in his life.  Why would he want to add burden on her?  Has he ever thought she would want healthy kids?  He's not thinking long term.  He has never asked her what she wants, he just makes his own assumptions.  In the previews for the upcoming episodes, I see him forcing her back into the city after she goes returns to teach in their hometown. I read the comments pertaining to this and I would have to agree, that he is always forcing her and making decisions for her using the title and authority of being her brother.  He does what he wants without thinking of the consequences or without ever asking her what she wants.

Despite being ill constantly, he proposes to her.  Has he ever thought that he should find someone that would be able to take care of her for life?  What will happen to her if he passes away from his illness?  Has he thought she might become suicidal because of her depression if he allows them to get attached by marriage?

Web broadcast has not been strong since being moved to 10pm slot and only airing twice a week but it’s managed to hit almost 4 billion views in 43 days 

aGWdZo3.jpg

Here’s the schedule for the remaining episodes 

cBu6dBM.jpg

As international viewers we’ve been able to access the episodes simultaneously with the VIP web broadcast members.  We should be getting 50 episodes by the end of this week.  That means we should see Paris this week. Jiang Sheng will see Tianyou accidentally on the streets of Paris.  Although shocked to see him she turns and walks away, but she turns around one last time and discovers he’s blind.  She then recalls the time she was forced to drink the parting tea, it finally clicks for her.  

dcII2R8.gif

She enters his life again and cares for him, unknown to him that she is Jiang Sheng.  He doesn’t recognize her voice because its change since she was sick with pneumonia.  Not sure if they will change her voice in the drama version.   He eventually figures it out but plays along. This is likely a kiss scene in Paris 

gPSKhTx.gif

Happier times to come.  Their chemistry is adorable.  

d5QGLp6.gif

The author of this novel released a special edition of this book last year.  The special edition brings more clarity regarding her feelings towards both men.  

Spoiler

We will see Jiang Sheng pregnant again.  She hides her pregnancy from everyone including Tianyou, because she’s afraid of disappointing if she miscarries.  “I know you will come so I will wait” Tianyou’s signature quote will become Jiang Sheng’s as he returns to her at the end.  She will be 7 months along at this point.

Remeber how emotional this scene was in the drama? BTS footage is a stark contrast LOL.  Fans were happy but pissed off at the same time because this should have been promoted when the episode aired?  Bad timing, if they had this footage they should have posted it simultaneously with the episode.  To add insult to the injury they actually cut Wallace’s crying scene in the nursery.  I see a lot of comments questioning their IQ.  

XEbXGvz.gif

bZssh9r.gif

4iLUTnc.gif

BTS footage of Paris

ohfoz9h.gif

I don’t think Wallace has had an album it in a while?  He just sings soundtracks for his dramas?  Correct me if I’m wrong.  But he seems to have no problem selling out his concerts.  He’s holding a concert on November 10th to an audience of 15k.  The first time the tickets went on sale on the 26th so many fans flocked the site at once that it crashed.  Many fans booked a day off work to better their chances .   I’m not sure how many people could have caused a site to crash but I read at the English Facebook a member left here and she said it was 300k.  It took them a couple of days to sort out the server issues and come up with a set of new rules.  You’re only allowed to buy one ticket at once and only two tickets per ID, if I remember correctly.  The second time the tickets went on sale was the 29th the tickets sold out in 3 minutes. Sad for some fans who already booked their flights and hotel hoping they’d be able to grab tickets.  

@leah8  You made my day. I see a lot of good news and nice pics in your post. Looking forward to their reunion in Paris, where they would be together again. And happy to hear about Jiang Sheng's pregnancy. Sweet sweet sweet scenes are ahead. :wub: Can't wait to see them!!!

@lizhn18 @sujenlee06 I’ll be sure to include more spoilers. 

Those gifs up there I posted with Tianyou patting Jiang Sheng on the head and of them kissing showed up in episode 46, but it came in the form of her memories.  

Honestly I haven’t watched last two episodes from last week or the episodes this week yet and I don’t think I’m missing anything.  Fans are complaining how it’s all been water injections (fillers). I can’t believe since Sanya they’ve dragged it out this long.  What’s most frustrating is the media pages have been misleading in their posts giving everyone hope that Wallace will show up in the episodes or the reunion will happen soon.  Here so you can get an idea of how misleading they’ve been, this is just the latest on my feed 

z7nnZeH.jpg

VIP members would have been able to download all 4 episodes today to get a glimpse of tomorrow’s episodes thats are suppose to air on Hunan.  It’s now up to 46 epsodes tv version and the couple hasnt reunited yet.  Some people are frustrated they’ve dropped the drama and will come back when it’s more promising.  Most of Wallace fans dropped this drama since the parting tea in Sanya.  Since fans know exactly what to expect on tv with vip online access a week prior they don’t want to bother contributing to the ratings to watch water injections. Luckily for VIP members they get access to another 4 epsodes tomorrow and that’s when the reunion happens.  Tv viewers won’t see the reunion until next week.  This drama could do with 65 episodes.  

The production company has failed to promote this drama properly too.  Just timing of when they release the BTS footage is so off.  That breakup scene between Jiang Sheng and Tianyou after the miscarriage was trending on weibo for almost 2 days over Wallace’s performance.  Why didn’t they release those BTS back then to capitalize on the attention it was getting?  Someone in the marketing department needs to be fired.  Today they released more BTS that should have been released weeks ago.

I really do hope Paris reunion makes up for the fillers so far.  I have spoilers and will be back to post later. 

@cocoe tomorrow should have plenty of material to discuss.  Praying they make the best of it.  

Found out exactly why fans are pissed.  Wallace made a 30 second appearance in the latest 4 epsodes (43-46) and the rest was flashbacks 

direct translation of this post: 

https://m.weibo.cn/1812690611/4301316962410029

wVqAcpc.jpg

Liang Sheng Can We Not Be Sad [46 cut]

4 episodes updated tonight, Cheng Tianyou only has 30 seconds onscreen? 

This drama is airing on Hunan TV.  The Ratings are still very good and it’s the champion of dramas airing 10pm during the same time slot.  Average ratings for the first 42 episodes is .62  

BTS footage released last night.  Behind those sweet scenes we see onscreen is a lot of laughter LOL

rVOIGC9.gif

The kiss scene that comes in her flashbacks.  In the novel there were several times where she was the one who tempted Tianyou before and after marriage not vice versa.  This kiss is probably cut from one of those scenes, hence why he looks confused LOL. In the novel she’s physically attracted to him but mentally confused where her heart stands.  She thinks she loves her brother, when in fact it’s dependence.  Liang Sheng was all she had growing up, he was a brother figure and a father figure.  She relied on him her whole life, she got accustomed and confused the feelings of dependency for love.  The author explained this in her interviews.  Last year she put out a special edition novel to bring clarity to Jiang Sheng’s emotions.  I’m assuming it’s probably a lot like the drama now as we see it where there is no confusion whom her heart belongs to.  

veNjKPE.jpg

7eg2o4g.gif

The first time they stumble upon each other in Paris.  He drops his cane, that’s when she realizes he’s blind and it all makes sense to her

AdnfCk6.gif

She is hired by Uncle Qian to work as a nurse for Tianyou.  They try to convince him that she’s Jiang Sheng but he refuses to believe that the frog sounding woman is his Jiang Sheng.  He tells her that Uncle Qian must have paid her good money to pretend to be Jiang Sheng and be a bed warmer for him.  Let’s see how closely they follow with this storyline.  

This scene should be consistent with the novel. He smells hotdogs on the streets of Paris and asks to have a hotdog 

WThzctd.gif

Promotional posters released by the net platforms 

x7Xa7fP.jpg

9n1FzCr.jpg

FAgbDX3.jpg

menM8OM.jpg

OOMG!!! @leah8 Thank you soooooo much for the updates especially us fans who don't understand mandarin and/or don't have access to weibo. 

I can't wait until TY pop up again. All other characters are badly written or uninteresting. How do they expect us fans to watch the drama without the leading man. Seriously this only happen in C-drama. 

Also, I just found this MV and figure I'll leave it here!! 

@sakisukithanks for the mv

I agree with the badly written.  Though the drama is better than the novel, it’s  still badly written especially for Jiang Sheng who remains stupid and naive.  When I was reading comments about this drama, I didn't quite feel as passionate as some of the viewers when they said Jiang Sheng is not worthy of Tianyou.  In the novel she betrayed him for the sake of her brother, in the drama she does the same.  How many times is she going to sacrifice Tianyou for her brother?  In the novel she intentionally aborts the baby for her brother sake.  In the drama they made it into an accident.  If she had not miscarried because of Weiyang she was going to miscarry sooner or later with the emotional distress over her brother, along with not eating, not sleeping.  Please don't say that just stress alone cant cause miscarriages, there is research to back this up.  She has serious mental issues that needs to be sorted out. 

The latest episodes, in order to help her brother manipulate the stocks and acquire one of the companies she was willing to lie for him.  If LS had allowed her to go through with it, she would have.  She has been willing to put her head on the chopping board for everyone but Tianyou. I didn't watch the 4 episodes yet but this is what but I'm reading from other viewers, I'm hoping they're actually wrong and making their own assumptions. Someone this easily manipulated, stupid and naive is not worthy of being anyone's wife when she constantly puts her brother first even in dire situations when he's in the wrong.  If she chose to betray her conscience for his sake,  then it’s true what some viewers said, maybe she and LS deserve each other, that way they cant do harm to anyone else.  She really needs to redeem herself after this.  I know I’m going to forgive her anyway but I just had to rant LOL

I'm going to post previews from youtube since it can be embedded here. 

* Uncle Qian tries to convince Tianyou that the new caretaker is Jiang Sheng, only to upset Tianyou who says how can this parrot be Jiang Sheng.  He doesn't believe a word and questions if Uncle Qian is testing his intelligence.  However, I saw the full content of this scene and I think he recognizes her voice, he’s just in denial or pretending he doesn’t know.

rBMnfXz.gif

* With Jiang Sheng standing in the background, Tianyou friend asks him if he regrets pushing Jiang Sheng to another man.  He replies that he’s blind and may never recover, but if his recovers vision he declares with much certainly he will make her Mrs. Cheng at all cost.  Nothing will stop him, not her husband not her children.  I wish his actions had as much conviction as his words.  

Spoiler

in the future when he misunderstands that Jiang Sheng is engaged to LS, he lets her be for her happiness and he himself agrees to get engaged to someone his grandfather approves of.  He loves her too much to go against her wishes.  In love a bit of selfishness nice.  Sometimes you got to fight for what you want.  

* Walking the streets of Paris, Jiang Sheng asks Tianyou if he has any dreams he would like to have fulfilled.  The blind Tianyou with a sly smile replies he would want to marry her. 

* If Jiang Sheng hasnt been clear enough about her feelings in the past few episodes, LS is still hitting on her.  Maybe he’s in denial?  Or maybe it’s desperation? He gets down on his knees and proposes.  Now Jiang Sheng seems to be naive in all other aspects but love isnt something she compromises.  

More one on one time between “natural couple” that is their supertopic weibo name.  I don’t understand why the drama doesn’t have their own supertopic.  But “natural couple” with Wallace and Sun Yi is trending at # 2 drama topic on weibo right at this moment.

7P5j2Ed.gif

9CYyXc9.jpg

Vlinkage star index for October, I’m sure most of you are familiar with this.  

7Cl9965.jpg

Despite setbacks the drama experienced with it being pushed into the 10pm slot with only 2 days a week airing, Wallace managed to make it at #3.  Ma Tianyu is at #12 and Sun Yi at #43. I’m not sure how strong Sun Yi’s personal ratings usually are but I’m sure she would have benefited if not for these disadvantages.  Trust me it mattered because with 70 episodes and airing only twice as week during the 10pm slot when the prime time audience this was catered for were asleep, a lot of people lost motivation to chase this drama. Online vip members had early access but it was only 4 episodes a week.  Very few people have patience for this.   

This hit 4 billion views yesterday 

KpnfaXS.jpg

It’s no wonder these two can’t forget each other after 4 years, they had some history going back.  Jiang Sheng is spoon feeding Tianyou and even forces him to spoon feed her.  This is sweet.  Why did they cut this out?  To save it for later?  They’re showing a lot of scenes in the flashbacks that never showed in earlier episodes.  Example the intimate scenes, kissing scenes and bed scenes, I think to prove that the relationship was not just on an emotional level but very much physical.

mf85CYT.gif

eC95SpG.jpg

fG2FLN7.gif

This is the missing hospital scene we never got to see when Tianyou found out his vision loss might be permanent.  I think them excluding scenes whether it be the sweet or sad is suppose to serve a purpose.  It’s almost like leaving lose ends on purpose, only to tie those ends later to have us appreciate once we come to feel their sorrows or happiness.  

fJ0Gd6k.gif

There’s so many spoilers and updates today I don’t know where to start.  They’ve already started promoting next weeks episodes 51-54.  The previews look really exciting to the max.  This is the preview clip that has most of what I summarized 

https://m.weibo.cn/2635139494/4301664552494233

Tianyou waiting at the cafe is just heart wrenching.  She ends up missing the date.  Wallace’s acting is so on point.  You see him sitting there excitement throughout his face and body waiting for her, one drink after another his expression starts to glaze over until you can see disappointment and hurt written all over his face.  Those who love most hurt the most.  Then you have the misunderstanding about Jiang Sheng’s relationship with JS. 

I’m glad Sun Yi delivered in the most pivotal scenes to come. 

Quarrel between Jiang Sheng and LS.  He tells her he can help soothe her loneliness, not just Tianyou is capable of doing so.  She refutes saying only Tianyou is capable of getting rid of her loneliness.  She goes on to tell her brother she came to Paris because she knew Tianyou was in Paris and she doesn’t care what he did to her in the past because her love for him is unwavering and she wants to take care of him.  Then you see LS  responding with his signature confused lost expression with his mouth hanging slightly open.  There were some articles comparing his acting to Angelababay’s acting, pointing out his signature expression for every emotion LOL. 

Tianyou returns to China to the Cheng’s mansion and is greeted by his cousin in law - Jiang Sheng.  Let’s not get into why the fake engagement or marriage, because that’s irrelevant.  What poked my heart was when she was forced by his family to hand him the tea and call him big brother in front of all the family members and their staffs.  She looked so heartbroken fighting back tears and just ready to let out a good cry.  He looked equally uncomfortable and pained.  This would have been after his successful eye surgery so his vision is back, but he’s keeping that to himself. 

In the novel, she tempts him.  She throws him onto bed and takes initiative to take advantage of him LOL.  I have a feeling the drama adaption will not have these sexy scenes.  

I haven’t watched the 46-50 yet so I’ll be back to update once I get a chance, but here are some pics of scenes to look forward to.  Don’t they just look gorgeous in black?  They make an elegant couple in their matching outfits.  Their wardrobe is quite nice in this drama, especially all the jackets worn by the entire cast 

K7QDmWD.gif

Hi All :grin:

I been waiting to see how this drama will turn out. Since watching "My Sunshine", I tried to watch most of Wallace's modern series. Just can't watch the really old series. Got really hooked when he played Murong Feng in "Too Late to say I love you". I have no issue with sad ending, but drama has to be good plot with chemistry with the main actor and actress. of course, I've no doubt, Wallace is doing a good job and I like Sun Yi from Seige in Fog (Really hate the ending!).

Be honest with me, Should i start this drama? 

Cant wait to catch up tomorrow, drama just got hotter.  We need more of this instead of all the flashbacks!  

stBGBzY.gif

ULTImxB.gif

Where is @lizzieyen with the spoilers since you always manage to watch the episodes before I do.  I need to be spoiled LOL 

I’m not quite certain why fans often compare Peilin to Tianyou, especially their demeanor and reactions.  Perhaps because the two are polar opposites?  One calm like water the other like fire.  Tianyou’s reaction to be called da-ger- big brother vs Peilin’s reaction LOL.  Not fair comparison considering Tianyou has an audience whereas Peilin is in the privacy of his own room

CXmJ1ur.gif

2Ns40RF.gif

U9sZ5iz.gif

Some pretty posters.  I don’t think this production team has done well in terms of drama posters, they’re pretty stingy.  

kG71NHs.jpg

dpH37om.jpg

KXthoSC.jpg

After tons of fans complained about their timing of BTS footage, they’ve cleaned up their act and released them in a timely manner to coincide with the actual broadcast of the said scenes.  

@littlemay @Wotad depends on if you’re a Wallace fan or a Ma Tianyou fan.  Wallace fans have a love hate relationship with this drama.  Some people don’t think Jiang Sheng is worthy of Tianyou, they can’t handle to see Wallace’s character getting abused some of them dropped this drama or never even started.  For those watching it they already know the outcome of the love story so they don’t mind the abuse since the outcome is the payoff.  Oddly the Jiang Sheng and Tianyou have their own following as a couple despite the abuse.  Their supertopic “natural couple” still trends steadily at number 2 drama topic on weibo.  I don’t know what drama is going to have the power to knock off The Guardian from its number 1 spot.  

If you’re a Ma Tianyou fan you’re probably not going to enjoy this drama unless you can remain impartial because he’s not first lead and the female lead does not love him.  He does have some fans who refuse to accept reality and they ruin their experience watching the drama with this mind set.   

29 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I would watch for the male lead im not into this CP stuff just wanna know if the story is good etc.. ;p 

You would a biased answer because I’m watching since I think it’s good and enjoy it.  This is a love story so it’s CP driven.  It’s well recieved in China.  Many people prefer the drama adaption vs the novel.  People daily (government media) did an article talking about how this drama is inspiring and promotes positive energy.  Thr chemistry between Wallace and Sun Yi is surprisingly good.  The acting is fairly solid from the entire cast with the exception of Ma Tianyou. 

Is this drama perfect? No it could have improved.  The drama started off strong but it got weak midway through with all the fillers. I speak for the majority when I say Wallace is the highlight of the show, and when you have the leading man showing up for only several minutes in a whole week of epsodes, it’s disappointing and upsetting. I can see why some of his fans are upset he picked up this drama.  However, he can only do his part he has no final say in the finished product.   From epsodes 40 to 50 you have endless flashbacks of the same scenes over and over. The characters are flawed.  I could do without the childhood memories and all the flashbacks.But I’m still watching so that means it’s good enough to keep me glued.  I would probably watch this a second time once it finishes airing.  

Archived