[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] All Out of Love 凉生,我们可不可以不忧伤

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

I honestly dont think he ever really put his foot down concerning her.  He was honest but he also lead her on.  For someone delusional like her that's all it takes to continue her obsession.  Yes he broke off the engagement after learning of the miscarriage but the blood relationship was the same night.  The miscarriage was an accident, so its not a good enough excuse to break off a wedding.  When he cried at the bar after learning Jiang Sheng wasnt his sister, that alone said enough for me. 

Sigh, WY. That girl needs help. She is not delusional in terms of LS's feelings for her (she knows he has no feelings for her) but she is delusional in that she thinks that she will get him to love her. Actually i feel that if LS had known from the outset that the miscarriage was caused by WY, he would not have even agreed to go through the wedding which is why both JS and WY hid it from him. I guess I am not upset with LS because he did not leave WY at the altar - he confronted her before the wedding, made it clear that it was off but yet she decided to go with ahead it.  If he had not explained and simply not turned up or say"I am sorry" in front of all the guests, that would be a different scenario. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, leah8 said:

I would say she used him one too many times.  Its really unnecessary for her to use Tianyou as a shield.  The first time she could have simply said to LS, yes we are not related, but it doesnt make me love you any less.  You are the best brother in the world to me, so blood related or not you are family and the world to me.  The second time, she had no reason to use Tianyou.  LS already gave her an excuse.  She could given him minor clues that shes not into him that way without using Tianyou.  She grew up with LS, I thought their bond was greater than life itself?  Why cant she just be honest with him when its going to hurt him either way?  Do they not share any details of their life with each other?  Maybe the 4 year break put a big wedge between them but I feel as if they have no chemistry even as siblings.  Their relationship is so tense.  

I guess if JS was the kind to be able to articulate her feelings, the show would have ended 20 episodes ago! LOL. In fact the one common thing between JS and LS is their innate failure to communicate with each other - probably inherited from their parents who clearly cannot communicate as well. Cue the letter from their father to their mother AFTER he passed away. I mean, seriously dude? She seems unable to tell him that "I do not love you in that way" and the best she can manage is "I am with somebody else". Because the question is really, if we are not bonded by blood, do you love me as a woman loves a man - and besides the taking care of you, being there when you are happy, what really differentiates the two types of love is sexual chemistry and "lets make babies together". Because aside from that, I think that JS loves them both and feels that LS needs her more than TY .

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

Tianyou is mature and stable it doesn't mean his heart is made of stone and it doesn't hurt him when she continues to use him that way.  You can see the hurt in his face.  Perhaps he's confident that she loves him, but he's also confident that he comes second to her brother.  He might even be confident that Jiang Sheng doesn't love LS romantically, but he knows she would sacrifice herself for her brother.  When she told him she aborted the baby, he didnt doubt it, because like I said pages back, she loves LS more than she loves her own life.  Isn't this what he said to LS when LS confronted him at the villa?  Jiang Sheng verifies this through her monologue, that she still loves Tianyou, but greater than love is family, she cant bear to hurt LS because she loves him more than her life. 

well, relationships is full of hurt and joy anyways so I guess I don't feel that sorry for TY? And in a way, he does come second to her brother. If they both fell in the water, she would probably save LS first (he has head trauma) and fervently hope that TY can swim. If she could save both, she would. I guess thats what keeps me watching - while its melo, somehow its not yet dogblood for me because I still find the character analysis fascinating. Not sure whether you have watched the latest episode but JS tells LS that if TY doesn't live, she would not either. Love is not binary I guess? There is no one person that you love the most all the time ; when you have kids - who do you love more? Your spouse or your children? She may love LS more than her own life (and not be with TY) but she would not want to live if TY is not alive either. 

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

It wasnt Tianyou that walked back into her life, he did all he can to avoid her but they're destined to be together sooner or later so their paths were bound to cross again.  The heart wants what the heart wants, she didnt quit upon learning his family owned the business, and he decided to move into that office.  They could have avoided each other, but they didn't. 

I think he did all he can to keep her with him - I don't see him avoiding her. I like TY because he is mature - he said lets have a clean break emotionally but not lets not be in the same physical space. 

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

This drama is really abusive, I truly understand the dog blood terminology.  Yet if its bothering us enough to write chapters as both of us have, that means we enjoy it enough to care LOL.  I

I know ! Kudos to the scriptwriter - to-date, I think the most absurd thing is the fall.  Seriously, how close were they to the edge of the cliff? But I think the beauty is that both LS and TY are not 100% - the former with his head trauma and the latter with his blindness. Previously, TY was physically okay and JS's choice was clear. Now she really has to choose who she wants to be with. 

1 hour ago, lizzieyen said:

Sigh, WY. That girl needs help. She is not delusional in terms of LS's feelings for her (she knows he has no feelings for her) but she is delusional in that she thinks that she will get him to love her. Actually i feel that if LS had known from the outset that the miscarriage was caused by WY, he would not have even agreed to go through the wedding which is why both JS and WY hid it from him. I guess I am not upset with LS because he did not leave WY at the altar - he confronted her before the wedding, made it clear that it was off but yet she decided to go with ahead it.  If he had not explained and simply not turned up or say"I am sorry" in front of all the guests, that would be a different scenario. 

So he’s going to make his decision based on an accident?  It’s a different issue altogether if WY hired a hit man. If he could be so decisive he wouldn’t have got himself cornered into marriage.  Jiang Sheng not being blood related to him was the most enticing factor in his decision.  Just how I said Jiang Sheng wouldnt hesitate to abort the baby in order to donate bone marrow to her brother because she loves him more than herself.  Given the choice she would have done it without consulting Tianyou in fear he might stop her.  I feel her monologue today confirmed my thoughts.  I’m not saying she’s a bad person but how she’s been portrayed so far shows that her love for her brother is selfless even if it means sacrificing herself.  In many ways she’s selfless not just with her brother but everyone around her which is probably her biggest flaw because she ends up hurting herself and others along the way.  

51 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:

I think he did all he can to keep her with him - I don't see him avoiding her. I like TY because he is mature - he said lets have a clean break emotionally but not lets not be in the same physical space.

I think it was you who mentioned that he was avoiding her after the break up but Tianen had to instigate things.  I only noticed after you LOL. He did try to avoid her after the breakup, it wasn’t until she showed up at his company that he couldn’t help himself.  

well, relationships is full of hurt and joy anyways so I guess I don't feel that sorry for TY? And in a way, he does come second to her brother. If they both fell in the water, she would probably save LS first (he has head trauma) and fervently hope that TY can swim. If she could save both, she would. I guess thats what keeps me watching - while its melo, somehow its not yet dogblood for me because I still find the character analysis fascinating. Not sure whether you have watched the latest episode but JS tells LS that if TY doesn't live, she would not either. Love is not binary I guess? There is no one person that you love the most all the time ; when you have kids - who do you love more? Your spouse or your children? She may love LS more than her own life (and not be with TY) but she would not want to live if TY is not alive either. 

I think at one point she will have to make the decision who she loves more with some balance and not having to sacrifice anyone.  When she marries Tianyou and have kids, she can’t just divorce him so she can take care of LS should he fall ill.  She would balance the two relationships and keep both intact.  It’s not even about who she loves more, there should be a balance.  So far she doesn’t seem to balance.  She’s not level headed because her love seems to go to the extreme.  She is staying with her brother because she doesn’t want to hurt him so she sacrifices her love for Tianyou.  Yet she’s declaring if Tianyou dies she shall die with him, so who’s going to stay with her brother so he’s not hurt?  

I know ! Kudos to the scriptwriter - to-date, I think the most absurd thing is the fall.  Seriously, how close were they to the edge of the cliff? But I think the beauty is that both LS and TY are not 100% - the former with his head trauma and the latter with his blindness. Previously, TY was physically okay and JS's choice was clear. Now she really has to choose who she wants to be with. 

As absurd as it sounds it happens more often than not.  It could happen with just getting too close to the cliff for pictures.  Viewers were saying the amnesia is unlikely in reality that it only happens often in tv dramas.  

I haven’t watched the 38 the lastest episode yet cause it has no sound.  It’s not the same without sound.  What version are you watching?  Weibo has long clips available of the pivotal scenes.  

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

Just how I said Jiang Sheng wouldnt hesitate to abort the baby in order to donate bone marrow to her brother because she loves him more than herself.  Given the choice she would have done it without consulting Tianyou in fear he might stop her.  I feel her monologue today confirmed my thoughts.  I’m not saying she’s a bad person but how she’s been portrayed so far shows that her love for her brother is selfless even if it means sacrificing herself.  In many ways she’s selfless not just with her brother but everyone around her which is probably her biggest flaw because she ends up hurting herself and others along the way.  

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this point - I don't think JS would abort the baby to donate her bone marrow without telling Tian You because that is not just hurting her but literally killing a foetus which is a step further than sacrificing herself. If it means throwing herself in front of a car to get LS out of harm's way - that for sure she would do it.

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

I think it was you who mentioned that he was avoiding her after the break up but Tianen had to instigate things.  I only noticed after you LOL. He did try to avoid her after the breakup, it wasn’t until she showed up at his company that he couldn’t help  himself.

Oh hahahaha. Yes, definitely right after break-up - they mutually avoided each other. But once she showed up at his company, he definitely tried to keep her within his circle.  Him dragging her in front of the whole office to attend LS's bachelor party (despite NJ hinting to him to keep her away) was literally getting himself included.

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

I think at one point she will have to make the decision who she loves more with some balance and not having to sacrifice anyone.  When she marries Tianyou and have kids, she can’t just divorce him so she can take care of LS should he fall ill.  She would balance the two relationships and keep both intact.  It’s not even about who she loves more, there should be a balance.  So far she doesn’t seem to balance.  She’s not level headed because her love seems to go to the extreme.  She is staying with her brother because she doesn’t want to hurt him so she sacrifices her love for Tianyou.  Yet she’s declaring if Tianyou dies she shall die with him, so who’s going to stay with her brother so he’s not hurt?

Totally agreed that there is no balance. But I think that if not for TY persistence, she could probably just live with LS as two unmarried adults with her cat! That would be the ideal situation for LS and JS if not for the existence of WY and TY.  There is also a part in the last episode where she says that she will stay with TY and take care of him forever even if he is comatose but when TY's assistant asks "what will you do if he wakes up?", she stays silent. So I interpret it such that as long as she is alive, she feels that she can sacrifice her love for TY (at least that's what she thinks when they were on the boat together because at that moment, the lanterns, the boat, the vibe) but clearly that's not set in stone because she reconsiders it a lot esp when she speaks to JL who encourages her to be clear to LS (which yes, that would be the right thing to do!) but once she is dead then all bets are off. Hence, her asking LS to take care of himself in the future. Its all in the latest episode but the dialogue is important so without sound, very hard to have context! LOL

I am watching the DVD version on maplestage.com so the latest ep is ep39 (its one ep more from the TV version).  Temporary amnesia is probably if one suffers head trauma though (although the frequency it happens in TV land is way, way more than reality!) 

10 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this point - I don't think JS would abort the baby to donate her bone marrow without telling Tian You because that is not just hurting her but literally killing a foetus which is a step further than sacrificing herself. If it means throwing herself in front of a car to get LS out of harm's way - that for sure she would do it.

She sacrificed the baby in the book, they just changed the circumstances in the drama. 

I watched Wallace's interview and he said he had read the book himself to have a deeper understanding of all the characters and he said the characters in the drama are very much aligned with the book.  He said Tianyou is probably the warmest and most well-rounded characters he's portrayed onscreen.  Sun Yi said that Tianyou is perfect and has no flaws, that I would disagree with and speak about later.  Then Wallace spoke for Jiang Sheng and said her train of thought and actions reflect that of a growing girl.  He didn't elaborate, but it sounds like he was making excuses for some of the wrong decisions she made along the way due to her immaturity. 

Oh hahahaha. Yes, definitely right after break-up - they mutually avoided each other. But once she showed up at his company, he definitely tried to keep her within his circle.  Him dragging her in front of the whole office to attend LS's bachelor party (despite NJ hinting to him to keep her away) was literally getting himself included.

Him dragging her to bachelor party wasn't to make her choose between him and LS, but it was to prove her innocence that she wouldn't be a wedding-crasher.  It was for her own dignity to prove she wouldn't affect the wedding.  Little did he know that caused a chain reaction of events.  Along with LS's reaction to the news they're not blood related and her reaction by using him as a shield proves to him that LS might feel for his sister more than family.  He already knows that he comes second to LS the brother, so now the the circumstances changed, it's unsettling for him.  That's why we saw him get drunk nights later when he saw the news.   

Totally agreed that there is no balance. But I think that if not for TY persistence, she could probably just live with LS as two unmarried adults with her cat! That would be the ideal situation for LS and JS if not for the existence of WY and TY.  There is also a part in the last episode where she says that she will stay with TY and take care of him forever even if he is comatose but when TY's assistant asks "what will you do if he wakes up?", she stays silent. So I interpret it such that as long as she is alive, she feels that she can sacrifice her love for TY (at least that's what she thinks when they were on the boat together because at that moment, the lanterns, the boat, the vibe) but clearly that's not set in stone because she reconsiders it a lot esp when she speaks to JL who encourages her to be clear to LS (which yes, that would be the right thing to do!) but once she is dead then all bets are off. Hence, her asking LS to take care of himself in the future. Its all in the latest episode but the dialogue is important so without sound, very hard to have context! LOL

I dont think TY is persistence at all.  If not for her walking back into his life, I don't think he would have reached out to her.  It was her that walked past his villa and wanted to approach him.  It was her that went to work for his company and didnt quit when he challenged her.  I think this is where his character is flawed, because he gives her too much space instead of fighting harder to keep her.  Every single time they broke up it wasn't him who aggressively went after her to reconcile, fate just took her back to him.  Now the dialogue he had in Paris that we saw in the trailer where he declared, if he were to get his vision back, it doesn't matter if she's married or had kids, she can only be Mrs. Cheng that is the Tianyou I and a lot of viewers want to see.  I'd like to see him approach love the same way he approach his business dealings.   

I really dont think that Jiang Sheng and LS would have stayed together unmarried, there would be a turning point where he would overstep his boundaries as a brother and she would bail.  She loves him as a brother but the thought of him as a lover probably creeps her out, which is why she's been adamant about pushing him away and making it known she has Tianyou, so back off. 

When those lanterns floated away it was metaphoric of Tianyou floating away from her life.  She imagined growing old and grey with Tianyou not her brother.  Though she chooses to be her with brother, her heart is still in pain because she's regretful she had to sacrifice Tianyou.

I went to watch episode 39 dvd version, it only covered up to the part where Tianyou comes into her dreams and brings her flowers.  The TV version (38) is already at the part where Tianyou cut ties with her after he finds out hes blind.  She doesn't know he's lost his vision, because he used a different excuse altogether.  He claimed that she was just a game for him, and now hes letting her go because she's a hindrance to his career.

Ok finally watched the episodes with sound

That morning after where her brother made breakfast for her, they changed the context of what he said in the drama vs the book.  If memories serves me correct he said something along the lines of, remember I promised you meals for life?  You are the most important woman in my life.  Then Tianyou walks looking like he had an indulgent night and Jiang Sheng says she felt like dying as she was sandwiched between the two men LOL.  If not for her memories flashing back to what Jinlin advised her, I would have thought was trying to prevent Tianyou from getting the wrong idea about her relationship with her brother. 

Because they had cut so many scenes their night together was awkward.  They just sat like that all night?  What was the point of Tianyou telling her about his childhood?  She never changed out of her robe either.  I"m curious about what he was going to tell her when he saw her outside the model's room.  I guess we will never know for a while now.  I'm glad she finally found out who saved her during the fire.  He's been doing so much for her without her knowing that he still cares, at least now she knows he didnt let her die just because they broke up. I dont think she knows yet that the flower garden was planted for her by Tianyou?  In the novel it was easier to pick up the clues since the someone told her it was a man who bought acres of land years back to plant those flowers for his future wife. 

Forgot to add, remember that scene where Tianyou picks up Jiang Sheng from school and forces her to clean up his place?  Then he made her life even harder by adding to the mess while she was there?  That wasn't part of the script and was added on the spot by Wallace cause he thought it was fitting.  Tianyou doing that was an effort to have Jiang Sheng keep him company a little longer.

10 hours ago, leah8 said:

Him dragging her to bachelor party wasn't to make her choose between him and LS, but it was to prove her innocence that she wouldn't be a wedding-crasher.  It was for her own dignity to prove she wouldn't affect the wedding.  Little did he know that caused a chain reaction of events.  Along with LS's reaction to the news they're not blood related and her reaction by using him as a shield proves to him that LS might feel for his sister more than family.  He already knows that he comes second to LS the brother, so now the the circumstances changed, it's unsettling for him.  That's why we saw him get drunk nights later when he saw the news. 

But JS had never indicated once (to him or to anyone else) that she would ruin her brother’s wedding. So it’s really just all in TY’s mind which is why I interpreted it such that it was for his comfort that he wanted to see who she would choose. In the car on the way there, JS actually told him off - it’s none of your business!- which is true! LOL. The fact that she used him as a shield proves that she doesn’t see LS that way which is why subsequently he told his guy that he believes JS has not changed - he just wants to give her space - after his guy asked him why the freak are you torturing yourself like this. (Not sure if you saw this part?) But of course TY is miserable - he has to be the bigger and mature person all the time; he pretty much knows she does not love LS that way but clearly LS is more important than him, she may still have feelings for him but since she doesn’t say anything or do anything to show as much who the freak would know(even when they were working together she didn’t really appear jealous to him or do anything sweet for him), he wants to know but he doesn’t ask her, he says “let’s have a clean break” but misses her terribly. Cue the wine drinking. Him asking her to just stay on his hotel room is also him having a breakdown - he is just not that kind of guy to just envelope her and kiss her (but perhaps he should!) so just let’s be together for a while.  

I really dont think that Jiang Sheng and LS would have stayed together unmarried, there would be a turning point where he would overstep his boundaries as a brother and she would bail.  She loves him as a brother but the thought of him as a lover probably creeps her out, which is why she's been adamant about pushing him away and making it known she has Tianyou, so back off. 

Logically yes I agree. But LS so far is like an amoeba - asexual. His love declarations just seem to be in his head with no hint of sexual flavor. They have been in the same house for a while - no longing looks, no accidental touches - just lots of breakfast making!! LOL. But as long as he doesn’t do anything physical, JS prob thinks she is prepared to live like that forever. She is only 24 at this stage though - still young and blur !  

When those lanterns floated away it was metaphoric of Tianyou floating away from her life.  She imagined growing old and grey with Tianyou not her brother.  Though she chooses to be her with brother, her heart is still in pain because she's regretful she had to sacrifice Tianyou.

Yay - my Mandarin has improved! LOL

I went to watch episode 39 dvd version, it only covered up to the part where Tianyou comes into her dreams and brings her flowers.  The TV version (38) is already at the part where Tianyou cut ties with her after he finds out hes blind.  She doesn't know he's lost his vision, because he used a different excuse altogether.  He claimed that she was just a game for him, and now hes letting her go because she's a hindrance to his career.

I can’t watch YT (TV version) in my region so only DVD version for me. But after last week, I made myself not FF scenes and I realize the story flows much better!! 

@leah8  which time zone are you in? You are amazing in how you are always replying ! 

But JS had never indicated once (to him or to anyone else) that she would ruin her brother’s wedding. So it’s really just all in TY’s mind which is why I interpreted it such that it was for his comfort that he wanted to see who she would choose. In the car on the way there, JS actually told him off - it’s none of your business!- which is true! LOL. The fact that she used him as a shield proves that she doesn’t see LS that way which is why subsequently he told his guy that he believes JS has not changed - he just wants to give her space - after his guy asked him why the freak are you torturing yourself like this. (Not sure if you saw this part?) But of course TY is miserable - he has to be the bigger and mature person all the time; he pretty much knows she does not love LS that way but clearly LS is more important than him, she may still have feelings for him but since she doesn’t say anything or do anything to show as much who the freak would know(even when they were working together she didn’t really appear jealous to him or do anything sweet for him), he wants to know but he doesn’t ask her, he says “let’s have a clean break” but misses her terribly. Cue the wine drinking. Him asking her to just stay on his hotel room is also him having a breakdown - he is just not that kind of guy to just envelope her and kiss her (but perhaps he should!) so just let’s be together for a while. 

Jiang Sheng has never indicated anything, or even given anyone the impression that she feels for her brother beyond family, but everyone has accused their relationship of not being so innocent.  Not so much Jiang Sheng but LS.  I think you caught this on before I did because you mentioned their friend would always question LS but not Jiang Sheng.  When Tianyou dragged her there that day, I think it was to prove to everyone shes innocent and she's not going to interfere with the wedding.  I think he did it for her own good not for his own peace of mind, because it's not in his character to do something abrupt without thinking.  She could have easily resolved that on her own without using Tianyou.  I think Tianyou's problem is he's too much of a gentleman, I'd like to see him take advantage of her LOL.  Can you please break boundaries for once Tianyou?! 

Logically yes I agree. But LS so far is like an amoeba - asexual. His love declarations just seem to be in his head with no hint of sexual flavor. They have been in the same house for a while - no longing looks, no accidental touches - just lots of breakfast making!! LOL. But as long as he doesn’t do anything physical, JS prob thinks she is prepared to live like that forever. She is only 24 at this stage though - still young and blur ! 

No, LS just hasnt gotten there yet.  He only just found out days ago that she's not blood related to him.  At the same time he thinks she's still with Tianyou or at least still not over him.  After he saw them together the next morning he packed his bags and left.  Or did I skip through it too fast and miss anything?  Certainly he's done enough for her to find reason to convince him she's not into him that way. 

The lake scene was sad because as soon as he said he would grow old with her she broke down.  It's because he's not who she wants to grow old with, not in that way anyway. 

Sun Yi so far has done a great job as Jiang Sheng but when her and Tianyou fell off the cliff and he was still deemed still in the danger zone if he doesnt wake up in 72 hours, her performance was underwhelming.  It was underwhelming the entire time she was at the hospital.  If I didnt hear her monologue I wouldn't know she's devastated.  The only time it appeared fitting was when she forced herself to eat.  The grandfather's reaction was on point.  I can feel his pain. 

I'm on EST zone.  I'm always typing up replies in this forum thats It took me a while to catch up on this drama.  I wasnt watching full episodes instead FF through it then quickly came here to leave comments.  Its become daily routine and obsession to analyze this drama at this forum now LOL

fans put together this gif to show the contrast between Murong Feng and Tianyou when the other man shows up in his room 

R4unsLx.gif

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

No, LS just hasnt gotten there yet.  He only just found out days ago that she's not blood related to him.  At the same time he thinks she's still with Tianyou or at least still not over him.  After he saw them together the next morning he packed his bags and left.  Or did I skip through it too fast and miss anything?  Certainly he's done enough for her to find reason to convince him she's not into him that way. 

Yes, LS moped for a bit then packed his bags and left. He also had a bit of a headache or some recurring health thingy due to the stress. 

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

The lake scene was sad because as soon as he said he would grow old with her she broke down.  It's because he's not who she wants to grow old with, not in that way anyway. 

Yes, I thought it was very poignant and finally, a monologue by JS to reaffirm her feelings for TY!!! When I first saw the preview in the MVs/trailers, I thought it was when JS realized she loved LS and it really put me off initially! Just goes to show how clickbait and misleading promos can be! 

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

Sun Yi so far has done a great job as Jiang Sheng but when her and Tianyou fell off the cliff and he was still deemed still in the danger zone if he doesnt wake up in 72 hours, her performance was underwhelming.  It was underwhelming the entire time she was at the hospital.  If I didnt hear her monologue I wouldn't know she's devastated.  The only time it appeared fitting was when she forced herself to eat.

I thought they were trying to show how her reaction to TY’s danger zone was similar to how she reacted when LS was unconscious literally sinking into depression. She is not the super-cry-y kinda person but the type to go deep into her head and worry / mope internally and let herself go (not eating / not sleeping well) . This I feel is immature - because it serves no purpose - but again, aligned to JS’s character. I mean, I would have just rang the grandpa and asked him to move TY to a better hospital rather than wait and pray while hoping for TE to Do The Right Thing! It was good that TY’s assistant told her about the fire incident because what’s the point of being immersed in pain and creating more worries for TY when he fought so hard to keep her alive. 

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

I'm on EST zone.  I'm always typing up replies in this forum thats It took me a while to catch up on this drama.  I wasnt watching full episodes instead FF through it then quickly came here to leave comments.  Its become daily routine and obsession to analyze this drama at this forum now LOL

Hahahaha. I am glad it’s going back to a daily drama - for a show like this, it can get disruptive as one needs to follow the dialogue and the story since all 3 main characters are not big on bombastic actions and it’s easy to forget what happened the week before. 

1 hour ago, leah8 said:

fans put together this gif to show the contrast between Murong Feng and Tianyou when the other man shows up in his room 

R4unsLx.gif

Didn’t watch that first show but I thought Wallace did this part well - in line with how CTY would react - he is not a general or a brute but a gentleman ! 

@lizzieyen When I saw the trailers of that boat scene I thought she was crying because she’s leaving LS for Tianyou so she feels bad for him she had to make that choice.  

I don’t think her reaction is normal when she saw him lying there unconscious.  She breaks down and cries often but in this situation not one teardrop.  She cries over everything, so I don’t think her reaction to his state was consistent at all.  Let’s not talk about tears but her eyes and her body language didn’t speak in those scenes.  Her eyes empty with no emotion as if she was staring at a wall.  When I saw short clips of this scene she brought her hands to her mouth, at least that reaction would suffice.  Or did she do that and I missed it?  Tianen had tears in his eyes but Jiang Sheng had none.  Either she failed or the director failed to have that scene pass.  If it was Ningxn’s reaction I wouldn’t be complaining cause it would be consistent to her posed character.  There were a couple of times in the last two episodes where Sun Yi just looked spaced out.  Maybe those scenes were filmed during her pregnancy or post pregnancy and she wasn’t feeling well.  Making excuses for her here.  You can see changes in both Wallace and Sun Yi during this filming, their weight gain and weight loss. 

Tianen has been giving mixed signals so I’ve been suspecting his intentions whether it’s to help or harm his brother.  Hes not all that evil just unstable.  It’s a love hate relationship.  He loves his brother but hates him at the same time.  I don’t even think it’s hate, it’s more jealousy and resentment.  For his brother he was willing to protect his favorite woman.  He covered up the news in fear of what his grandpa might do to Jiang Sheng. Perhaps that time when he saw his brother sulking over the break up he really did want his brother to reconcile with Jiang Sheng when he arranged for them to meet at the party.  

Murong Feng was probably Wallace’s best performance. No one could have done Murong Feng the way he did.  The chemistry was through the roof, sadly I don’t fancy his costar.  

6 hours ago, leah8 said:

I don’t think her reaction is normal when she saw him lying there unconscious.  She breaks down and cries often but in this situation not one teardrop.  She cries over everything, so I don’t think her reaction to his state was consistent at all.  Let’s not talk about tears but her eyes and her body language didn’t speak in those scenes.  Her eyes empty with no emotion as if she was staring at a wall.  When I saw short clips of this scene she brought her hands to her mouth, at least that reaction would suffice.  Or did she do that and I missed it?  Tianen had tears in his eyes but Jiang Sheng had none.  Either she failed or the director failed to have that scene pass.  If it was Ningxn’s reaction I wouldn’t be complaining cause it would be consistent to her posed character.  There were a couple of times in the last two episodes where Sun Yi just looked spaced out.  Maybe those scenes were filmed during her pregnancy or post pregnancy and she wasn’t feeling well.  Making excuses for her here.  You can see changes in both Wallace and Sun Yi during this filming, their weight gain and weight loss. 

Oh I see where you are coming from and now that you mentioned it, she did cry at LS’s bedside when she thought that there was a possibility he had leukemia. It’s been so long since that I forgot! I guess in the recent episodes I thought the vibe she was trying to convey was that she had given up hope hence the dead eyes, slumped composure and even the doctor recommending that she see a psychiatrist as she seems to have reverted into depression. 

6 hours ago, leah8 said:

Tianen has been giving mixed signals so I’ve been suspecting his intentions whether it’s to help or harm his brother.  Hes not all that evil just unstable.  It’s a love hate relationship.  He loves his brother but hates him at the same time.  I don’t even think it’s hate, it’s more jealousy and resentment.  For his brother he was willing to protect his favorite woman.  He covered up the news in fear of what his grandpa might do to Jiang Sheng. Perhaps that time when he saw his brother sulking over the break up he really did want his brother to reconcile with Jiang Sheng when he arranged for them to meet at the party

I blame the grandfather - now what’s he going to do that one grandson is crippled and the other blind? Nobody’s perfect! I agree that TE is super conflicted - it’s literally when love and hate collide - but I don’t buy his story that he was protecting JS. In fact he was literally waiting for TY to die in Sanya - an outcome he would grief and rejoice simultaneously! 

6 hours ago, leah8 said:

Murong Feng was probably Wallace’s best performance. No one could have done Murong Feng the way he did.  The chemistry was through the roof, sadly I don’t fancy his costar.  

What drama is that? 

@lizzieyen her reaction upon seeing him unconscious was still too calm and emotionless for even the most cold and unfeeling person. But I went back to watched the scene, they did cut out the part where she sees him and brings her hands to her mouth and gasp.  I read a lot of criticism on her acting regarding these scenes too but I would say it’s not entirely her fault since they did edit out parts of it

I really don’t think that Tianen hates his brother enough to want him dead.  I didn’t follow him in the book but there was a description of his character where it said he loves his brother enough to die for him but hates him to the bones.  

Murong Feng was from Too Late to Say I Love You.  His character is based on two historical figures that had an impact on China’s history, they just combined both men into one for the drama.   I couldn’t find trailers on YouTube just a bunch of clips of their kiss scenes.  It’s probably the most sexually charged Chinese drama I’ve watched.  I watched it with my parents so imagine how uncomfortable that was LOL.  It was this episode my parents had on that made me actually take interest in the drama. Wallace’s acting blew me away.  He looked so hopeless and shattered like she drove a sword into his chest.  Start at 7 min point,their exchange the night before and the morning after.  Few words were said in the morning but the emotions and chemistry was oozing.

Fans made an mv combining the scenes from that drama and Sun Yi’s Seige In Fog drama.  I might have already posted the link pages back, but someone posted again this morning so I had to watch it again 

https://m.weibo.cn/1762891332/4297291370456614

Almost 7 whole minutes of pure Tianyou and Jiang Sheng scenes, some scenes that haven’t popped up yet 

https://m.weibo.cn/3735838407/4297269308508649

23 hours ago, leah8 said:

@lizzieyen her reaction upon seeing him unconscious was still too calm and emotionless for even the most cold and unfeeling person. But I went back to watched the scene, they did cut out the part where she sees him and brings her hands to her mouth and gasp.  I read a lot of criticism on her acting regarding these scenes too but I would say it’s not entirely her fault since they did edit out parts of it

Then maybe that’s the vibe the director is going for if he cut that out. Kinda she had given up hope and submerging into depression and potentially suicidal. There is an ep38 TV version on YT so watched it. And the doctor told LS the same thing too so maybe that’s the effect they are going for ? I maybe in the minority but I thought her reactions were more grief stricken than if she just had cried. I saw some of the comments on YT when I watched and clearly many don’t feel the same as me! LOL

23 hours ago, leah8 said:

I really don’t think that Tianen hates his brother enough to want him dead.  I didn’t follow him in the book but there was a description of his character where it said he loves his brother enough to die for him but hates him to the bones.  

But I believe even the doctors in Sanya said that TY should be moved to a better facility in a bigger city but it was TE who decided not to move him and keep the news from his grandfather . I don’t think he wants him dead but he is not going to do anything to help him either - and let Nature take it’s course. He is really very conflicted!! 

Sigh CTY in ep28. Even his staff is rolling his eyes in exasperation at the dog-bloodness. There is only so much noble sacrifice one can take. But clearly CTY didn’t know that his family caretaker also got JS to sign a contract that she will leave him alone (which she did). So she too was going to break off things with him. But I thought it was testament to TY’s character that he could calmly rebut her when she said those hurtful stuff with “I know whether you loved me or not”.

This must be the new episodes inserted later because TY says in this episode that he wanted to meet her to break things off with her clearly - so no wine by the beach ever! - I thought it maybe a flashback but clearly that has been edited out.

9 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

Then maybe that’s the vibe the director is going for if he cut that out. Kinda she had given up hope and submerging into depression and potentially suicidal. There is an ep38 TV version on YT so watched it. And the doctor told LS the same thing too so maybe that’s the effect they are going for ? I maybe in the minority but I thought her reactions were more grief stricken than if she just had cried. I saw some of the comments on YT when I watched and clearly many don’t feel the same as me! LOL

Sorry my mistake, that scene where she brings her hands to her mouth wasnt edited out but it will probably be in a later episode.  She's in civilian clothing not hospital uniform. I think I was just trying to find excuses for her.  I would have to agree with the "many."  I didnt read youtube comments but I've read weibo comments and countless articles on how she's so emotionless as an actress.  I didnt see these articles before so I'm assuming most people were ok with her until recently where she had to up her game and failed.  There are articles comparing her acting to Angelababy's.  I want to disagree with them but they couldn't be more right.  I thought Angelababy wasnt a strong actress, but when to comes to expressing grief Angelababy has the upper-hand compared to Sun Yi. 

Honestly speaking Sun Yi's acting slipped tremendously in the last few episodes.  She's spaced out in a lot of the scenes.  I dont think its the vibe her or the director was aiming for either, it's more likely that her acting abilities has limits.  She's not yet a seasoned actress.  She's done well to portray light emotions but now the script requires a higher level of acting skills to convey those complex emotions, she's just not there yet.  Its not so much her reaction but her portrayal of it.  I dont see pain in her eyes.  A good actor should be able to emit emotions using just their eyes.  Even if she was entering deep depression she didn't look it.  She just looked bored.  I'm not just speaking for the hospital scenes, but mostly all of 37-38.  When she learned that Tianyou might not wake up she didnt flinch, nothing changed in her facial expressions, her eyes stayed emotionless.

You know how an actor can convey emotions in a way that as the audience you can feel and you want to cry along with them?  When Tianyou's grandfather choked up after learning of his blindness, that was powerful acting.  His emotions were in place.  It was subtle but it left a strong impact.  I almost choked up with him, because I feel I can relate to how he feels knowing someone he loves is facing such a tragedy.

But I believe even the doctors in Sanya said that TY should be moved to a better facility in a bigger city but it was TE who decided not to move him and keep the news from his grandfather . I don’t think he wants him dead but he is not going to do anything to help him either - and let Nature take it’s course. He is really very conflicted!!

I believe he does love his brother.  His conflicting feelings for his brother shows through his acting.  I know there were times I asked in this thread what his intentions were, and now with his confession it makes sense. If it was only hate he had for his brother, he wouldnt bear to stay up 3 nights and 3 days watching over him. 

Sigh CTY in ep28. Even his staff is rolling his eyes in exasperation at the dog-bloodness. There is only so much noble sacrifice one can take. But clearly CTY didn’t know that his family caretaker also got JS to sign a contract that she will leave him alone (which she did). So she too was going to break off things with him. But I thought it was testament to TY’s character that he could calmly rebut her when she said those hurtful stuff with “I know whether you loved me or not”.

She's immature.  It has nothing to do with her age, because Jinling's not irrational.  All the misunderstandings in this entire drama was driven by her.  Her intentions were good,  but the way she went about achieving the results she wanted was stupid and pathetic as she's caused more harm than good.   With her comes drama and headaches.  She used LS to break up with TIanyou.  She used Tianyou to distance herself from LS.  What she did to her brother in that hotel room was not cool.  She looked like she wanted to throw the breakfast back at him.  Did she have to look annoyed at him the way she did?  That was so disrespectful and hurtful to him that she would treat him like that in front of her man.  Felt like smacking her for LS.  Tianyou was really uncomfortable with the way things were going too.  She's driving a wedge between the two men.  Why cant she just sort out her problems without dragging other people into the picture.  I find her character very annoying just on her stupidity alone. She has no backbone and gets herself bullied by everyone.  The only backbone she has is with Tianyou.  I can understand why so many viewers are so turned off by her character.  I really hope that the script is written better for her in the later episodes          

Tianyou's noble sacrifice makes a lot more sense to me.  He's a proud man, why would he want the woman he loves to see him blind like that? If he can no longer protect her, he doesn't feel worthy.  Sometimes you want to protect the ones you love from news that might only worry or pain them.  He was sparing her of the agony.  He knows that she will feel guilty in turn worsen her depression. He did vow in the trailers that once he gets his vision back nothing will stop him from making her his wife whether or not she was married or had children.  But hes not going to put her in a position where she would have to stay with him just because she indebted to him since she caused his blindness.  The very least I appreciated he didn't use Su Man, Ninxin, Tianen or his grandpa as an excuse to break up with her. Therefore if she were to have any animosity it would only be towards him and him alone.  

This must be the new episodes inserted later because TY says in this episode that he wanted to meet her to break things off with her clearly - so no wine by the beach ever! - I thought it maybe a flashback but clearly that has been edited out.

You saw a clip where Tianyou says he wants a clean break from her?  When he met her outside the model's room I dont think it was to tell her that? 

2 hours ago, leah8 said:

Sorry my mistake, that scene where she brings her hands to her mouth wasnt edited out but it will probably be in a later episode.  She's in civilian clothing not hospital uniform. I think I was just trying to find excuses for her.  I would have to agree with the "many."  I didnt read youtube comments but I've read weibo comments and countless articles on how she's so emotionless as an actress.  I didnt see these articles before so I'm assuming most people were ok with her until recently where she had to up her game and failed.  There are articles comparing her acting to Angelababy's.  I want to disagree with them but they couldn't be more right.  I thought Angelababy wasnt a strong actress, but when to comes to expressing grief Angelababy has the upper-hand compared to Sun Yi. 

Honestly speaking Sun Yi's acting slipped tremendously in the last few episodes.  She's spaced out in a lot of the scenes.  I dont think its the vibe her or the director was aiming for either, it's more likely that her acting abilities has limits.  She's not yet a seasoned actress.  She's done well to portray light emotions but now the script requires a higher level of acting skills to convey those complex emotions, she's just not there yet.  Its not so much her reaction but her portrayal of it.  I dont see pain in her eyes.  A good actor should be able to emit emotions using just their eyes.  Even if she was entering deep depression she didn't look it.  She just looked bored.  I'm not just speaking for the hospital scenes, but mostly all of 37-38.  When she learned that Tianyou might not wake up she didnt flinch, nothing changed in her facial expressions, her eyes stayed emotionless.

Oh no! Being compared to Angelababy is a death knell for any actress in my opinion. But having said that, Angelababy is still popular and thriving and even won awards previously! I don’t think Sun Yi has a big fandom compared to Wallace or Ma Tian Yu to defend her but I actually genuinely think her acting was fine in these episodes - she gave me a sense of forgone helplessness with suicidal intentions - I do agree with you that there were no pain in her eyes ; but my vibe was that it’s just deadened hence emotionless. Fortunately I don’t read Weibo - my written Mandarin is not strong enough either - but from the comments I see on YT I can understand where you are coming from as I imagine it to be similar from the netizens.

2 hours ago, leah8 said:

You know how an actor can convey emotions in a way that as the audience you can feel and you want to cry along with them?  When Tianyou's grandfather choked up after learning of his blindness, that was powerful acting.  His emotions were in place.  It was subtle but it left a strong impact.  I almost choked up with him, because I feel I can relate to how he feels knowing someone he loves is facing such a tragedy.

I felt sorry for his grandfather because he is old but aside from that, I don’t have that much sympathy for him. He has another grandson whom he has neglected for years purely because he is handicapped and devoted his entire life to raising the other  to take over the business. I don’t deny that he loves TY very much but his love is not unconditional - is he more concerned that his grandson now cannot see or there is nobody to helm the business? 

I think staying up 3 days 3 nights is the love part; the not doing anything to make TY better (the obvious one would be to move him per doctor’s suggestions) is the hate part! And whether TY dies or not is up to Fate. But TE not gonna do anything that pushes the equation to let TY live. 

2 hours ago, leah8 said:

She's immature.  It has nothing to do with her age, because Jinling's not irrational.  All the misunderstandings in this entire drama was driven by her.  Her intentions were good,  but the way she went about achieving the results she wanted was stupid and pathetic as she's caused more harm than good.   With her comes drama and headaches.  She used LS to break up with TIanyou.  She used Tianyou to distance herself from LS.  What she did to her brother in that hotel room was not cool.  She looked like she wanted to throw the breakfast back at him.  Did she have to look annoyed at him the way she did?  That was so disrespectful and hurtful to him that she would treat him like that in front of her man.  Felt like smacking her for LS.  Tianyou was really uncomfortable with the way things were going too.  She's driving a wedge between the two men.  Why cant she just sort out her problems without dragging other people into the picture.  I find her character very annoying just on her stupidity alone. She has no backbone and gets herself bullied by everyone.  The only backbone she has is with Tianyou.  I can understand why so many viewers are so turned off by her character.  I really hope that the script is written better for her in the later episodes 

Hmmm. I am not sure how she can sort out her problems with the 2 men because both of them overthinks for her too much. Knowing both LS and TY, even if she said “LS, I only love you like a brother and we can never be lovers” he would say “you are in my heart even when you are dead” and cough blood and probably get a brain aneurism and TY can’t help himself but interfere - she had already said I choose my brother over you (more than once in words and actions no matter how she feels internally) but he is still like a moth rushing to the flame and getting himself burned. For me, at least, I don’t think she is stupid. Which is why I am still watching until now. The unfortunate thing for Sun Yi I feel is that her character JS is bound to be hated because both the Wallace and MTY fandom want her to choose one side and both sides feel sorry for either TY or LS and the blame is all on JS. 

2 hours ago, leah8 said:

Tianyou's noble sacrifice makes a lot more sense to me.  He's a proud man, why would he want the woman he loves to see him blind like that? If he can no longer protect her, he doesn't feel worthy.  Sometimes you want to protect the ones you love from news that might only worry or pain them.  He was sparing her of the agony.  He knows that she will feel guilty in turn worsen her depression. He did vow in the trailers that once he gets his vision back nothing will stop him from making her his wife whether or not she was married or had children.  But hes not going to put her in a position where she would have to stay with him just because she indebted to him since she caused his blindness.  The very least I appreciated he didn't use Su Man, Ninxin, Tianen or his grandpa as an excuse to break up with her. Therefore if she were to have any animosity it would only be towards him and him alone.  

TY needs to learn that he cannot make decisions on her behalf. He is blind (is it temporary or permanent)  - she should know. What she does next is on her. He too can reject her if she wants to care for him purely because she feels guilty. That is his decision. But to lie to her and himself, what does it achieve? It’s good that she finds out soon that he is blind because otherwise that is too dogblood a storyline - ie drama for the sake of drama! 

2 hours ago, leah8 said:

You saw a clip where Tianyou says he wants a clean break from her?  When he met her outside the model's room I dont think it was to tell her that? 

No no sorry - what I meant was that in ep38 he told her that the reason why he wanted to meet was to tell her that he has no feelings for her and this is all a game means that the wine by the sea scenes would be all gone - because it implies that they never met at all prior to meeting cliffside before they fell - so all those scenes shot where they met at the beach would be irrelevant now.

I read a long letter that Tianyou wrote designated for Jiang Sheng but with no with intention for her to read it.  It explains his train of thought.  I knew the reason he had everyone present when he cut ties with was to make it realistic because it wouldnt be reasonable that he only saved her life a few days ago and now telling her he's sacrificing her for his career.  He made sure family were present, he made sure Liang Sheng was present.  

Here's some of it

"I was once a sensible man but the one thing I cannot tolerate is seeing you in distress.  When you fell, that moment my heart stopped.  I subconsciously rushed out.  There was only one thought in my mind, grab you and protect you.  If I cannot protect you from heartbreak, I can at least protect your body from physical harm.  I don't know how deep the sea is but I tried my best to be your bottom of the sea

I don't know if it will be temporary or long term, but I'm aware that my grandpa's anger will engulf you and public scrutiny is not what you can afford.  I do not want to add to your sorrows.  I cant stand to add to your psychological burden. 

Every man will compromise what he cant afford.  The price I cant afford are to the accusations you will encounter, the shame you will have to endure.  I cant afford this.  

I rather you despise me than to have you suffer the pressure.  

Today we will be irrelevant.  Take a cup of tea and drink it in front of everyone, let them witness my decision.  Your brother has the power to protect you.  The harsher I am with you today, the more he will take care of you in the days to follow.  You must do well, forget me and start your new life.  

Uncle Qian is beside me.  I'm fully aware he came to serve my grandfather's mission.  He wants to send you to the other side of the earth.  Instead of living my life on their terms, it's better to let the world see that I don't care about you anymore.  This is the only way to protect you.  We must have no other opportunity to meet, everyone will be relieved and only would you be truly safe. 

Don't worry about me.  My future is bright.  You don't owe me anything, you were just merely pass through my life.  As I will forget you, please forget me.  Please go on with peace of mind.  Sorry I'm hurting you.  I'm aware that you love me, but love alone is not enough.  You don't love me enough.  

When the good days return, I will certainly return to you, confess my apology or not say anything and just hold you.  But can I wait until that day?"

@lizzieyenwe posted at the same time LOL.  when I scrolled up I was like who edited my comments???? that's not me! But then I rechecked and its you!

Oh no! Being compared to Angelababy is a death knell for any actress in my opinion. But having said that, Angelababy is still popular and thriving and even won awards previously! I don’t think Sun Yi has a big fandom compared to Wallace or Ma Tian Yu to defend her but I actually genuinely think her acting was fine in these episodes - she gave me a sense of forgone helplessness with suicidal intentions - I do agree with you that there were no pain in her eyes ; but my vibe was that it’s just deadened hence emotionless. Fortunately I don’t read Weibo - my written Mandarin is not strong enough either - but from the comments I see on YT I can understand where you are coming from as I imagine it to be similar from the netizens.

From a person who has praised her acting skills at the beginning, I think shes been pretty bad the last few episodes.  If I had started watching her from these episodes I might have dropped it already by now.  She cant handle those intense emotional scenes yet. It actually really took me by surprise how poorly shes acted. 

Angelababy is popular but also well hated too.  She’s well connected but the public loves to hate her and she gives them reason to.  She updated her weibo with a statement saying she welcomes all criticism in regards to her acting, when people do exactly that, she deletes all the bad comments.  Don’t put up a statement that you’re open to criticme when you can’t handle it.  What has she won in awards?  Popularity awards?  Weibo hot search award?  She's known to buy hot searches on herself.  Not sure how legitimate those claims are but I read that about her, same goes for Ma Tianyu.  It backfired on them both.  She hasnt won anything in terms of acting awards.  Her drama airing right now is not doing well, considering she's going up against her not so well liked hubby.  Maybe the numbers will get better because she is working alongside a well liked and talented costar. 

Hmmm. I am not sure how she can sort out her problems with the 2 men because both of them overthinks for her too much. Knowing both LS and TY, even if she said “LS, I only love you like a brother and we can never be lovers” he would say “you are in my heart even when you are dead” and cough blood and probably get a brain aneurism and TY can’t help himself but interfere - she had already said I choose my brother over you (more than once in words and actions no matter how she feels internally) but he is still like a moth rushing to the flame and getting himself burned. For me, at least, I don’t think she is stupid. Which is why I am still watching until now. The unfortunate thing for Sun Yi I feel is that her character JS is bound to be hated because both the Wallace and MTY fandom want her to choose one side and both sides feel sorry for either TY or LS and the blame is all on JS.

I dont think either men overthink for her, she does her fair share to lead them both on by giving them mixed signals.  When LS confessed his love for her at the lake, which to me was very upfront, she could have said something, she didnt.  She cried.  What was he suppose to think?  Her silence to him was her agreeing to the conditions of growing old and grey together, we must be together no matter what.  Really actually sounded creepy to me.  Then when she allowed LS to drag her out of the Cheng's mansion, that said to LS she wasnt on good terms with Tianyou as she claimed the previous night.

She told Tianyou twice she chose her brother over him?  I only remember once.  I think being the type of girl Tianyou knew she is, when she gave her virginity to him, I think it made it clear to him he had her heart.  In his mind she loves him but she loves family more, she would compromise him for family.  He's just going to wait until she figures things out. 

Doesn't matter whose fandom one is on, the way she's been treating both men is unfair.  She needs to make up her mind and stick to it.  She had no intention of quitting Tianyou's company until he told her they're irrelevant.  Most level headed women would quit the job as soon as they found out their ex would be their superior, instead she stuck around to be a dagger in his chest.  It totally goes against her decision to keep him safe from her.  I'm not buying it anymore.  If she wanted no part in his life she could have just quit. 

She doesn't want to hurt her brother, but she treats him like a second class citizen with her condescending eyes and tone of voice after he delivered her breakfast.  It makes me blood boil because the thing I hate the most is when family treat family like that in front of their significant other.  That was so unfair to LS.  He must have felt like a piece of trash walking out of there.  It wasn't so much her telling him she spent the entire night with Tianyou, but it was how she went about doing it.  What was the difference between that and telling him the truth that she wasnt into him romantically?  She's immature, period.     

TY needs to learn that he cannot make decisions on her behalf. He is blind (is it temporary or permanent)  - she should know. What she does next is on her. He too can reject her if she wants to care for him purely because she feels guilty. That is his decision. But to lie to her and himself, what does it achieve? It’s good that she finds out soon that he is blind because otherwise that is too dogblood a storyline - ie drama for the sake of drama! 

No no sorry - what I meant was that in ep38 he told her that the reason why he wanted to meet was to tell her that he has no feelings for her and this is all a game means that the wine by the sea scenes would be all gone - because it implies that they never met at all prior to meeting cliffside before they fell - so all those scenes shot where they met at the beach would be irrelevant now.

OK but you also defended her and blamed Tianen for her lying about her miscarriage right?  Tianyou actually has the right to learn because that baby was his.  Shouldn't he know the truth that the baby was lost through a miscarriage and not aborted?  Shouldnt he learn that she might not be able to conceive in the future?  Shouldn't he be allowed to make a mutual decision on how their relationship should proceed further? Him lying about his eyes, they're his eyes, even if she caused the blindness, they belong to him.  The baby was not solely hers. She lied about the miscarriage because she's afraid she cant conceive in the future.  He lied to protect her from harm and also because he does not want to become dependent on her.  His reasons are fair, I dont think hers was entirely, especially when she walked back into his life and made it difficult for him to forget.  How can she not know the impact she had on him when he was crying like a baby when she told him about the miscarriage and proceeded to break up with him?  She's senseless.

The difference between the two is that Tianyou will try to disappear from her life after this ordeal, but she made it really hard for him after she broke up with him the last time.  She will walk back into his life again when he turns blind, and disappoint him again before this drama ends.  She is really the most dramatic protagonist of all time.  

Mind you this drama was finished product at 50 episodes.  Hunan requested they go back and film so they can make it into 80.  They managed to get 70 but the online version got stretched to 72.  What will end up happening with Jiang Sheng is we will see her character develop into a strong woman and it takes 70 epsodes to get us there.  That’s the beauty of the process.  We might even complain that it ended too soon LOL

Their wine by the sea would have been the morning after their night together.  Shes in the same grey sweater.  When she met him outside the model's room, I think that was another day. 

Hi @leah8 ! Wanted to write earlier but crazy week HOWEVER  I managed to watch ep40/41 last night so

1. I think we clearly have differing views but hey, we can agree to disagree! I still think that JS is meant to be shell shocked at the news of TY potentially not waking up hence that reaction (deadened / lifeless - but not blank) as opposed to bawling / tearing because she is effectively not accepting the news. I think the doctor’s comments in those eps support that storyline as his concern is that she is just holding herself together but if it cracks, she may endanger herself (self-harm/ suicidal etc). Also, I never thought that she wavered between the 2 men after she broke it off with TY. She walked towards him and didn’t quit her job (which she tried) but TY wedged himself back once he realized that she was in his subsidiary - he doesn’t have to work in that office 2 days a week or take her as a personal assistant. Arguably she could have resigned but she was working there well before he , the Group CEO, decided to make things complicated. She didn’t try to acknowledge him during the masquerade ball, demonstrate overt jealousy (despite what she may think) to show him she still cares or reciprocate his sweet gestures (making her a hot drink when she worked late). My point is TY is clear in that he still has feelings for her (despite his anger at her aborting the baby) and it was not caused by her giving him wrong signals. And I personally do not agree that just because your ex decided to become your boss, the girl has to resign - why should one give up their job because the ex is there? 

2. I think angelababy won a supporting actress award for Mojin - golden horse or golden flowers something - it’s an acting award though not a popularity award

3. I agree with you though that it is IMPORTANT that the abortion / miscarriage thingy be sorted out - that gloss-over is starting to distress me a bit to be frank ! TY needs to know how that came about - everyone already knows ; how come not him? And in terms of hiding his blindness, I take it back since it’s clear from ep40 he didn’t plan to disclose it to the public as well (although I wonder how long he thinks he can keep it secret esp since it’s still not clear whether it’s temporary or permanent) 

4. WTF is ep 40 and 41 about? Aside from the fact that it reinforces the fact that JS is faking her outward demeanor and making it crystal clear that she is not interested in LS , the episodes are like filler. I may need to watch some parts with sub because it seems that LS is plotting to take over the company ? And I wasn’t sure where it was JS was planning to go. 

@lizzieyen Sorry it’s just not logical to me to go work for your ex that soon after a break up.  She claims she didn’t know he owned the company I’ll take her word for it. But when she found out she would be working directly under him, she was not under duress to stay, she could have quit since her principle reason for breaking up with him was to save him from her.  Isn’t this what you said and questioned about her lack of consistency? So why would she stick around?  I’m not the only one wondering.  Jinlin even questioned her intentions.  She had already decided to stay even before Tianyou challenged her.  The orange peels already indicated she should quit, when she ran out of peels she used the orange itself as an indicator that she should stay.  She’s equally guilty as Tianyou as you say “wedging” his way back in her life.  She gave him an opportunity and reason to wedge his way back into her life.  Though she broke up with him, she is no different than Tianyou, she’s not over him and still wants to be by his side.  

Let’s not make the men guilty and Jiang Sheng totally innocent here. She’s part responsible for everything that’s happened.  She has been playing with both their heads, using both and trust me it will have consequences.

The way she’s been handling herself gives both men a false impression.  It’s immature and unfair to both men.  She could simply be straight forward with her brother and told him I don’t love you more than a brother.  Instead she had to use Tianyou as a shield, so now he’s going on assuming he still has a chance if Tianyou wasn’t in the picture.  He knows she loves Tianyou but now that Tianyou has broken all ties with her, he feels that he can be the one to mend her heart and she will eventually love him the same way he loves her.  Hence why he confesses at the lake and why he eventually proposes to her.  Though she does tell him that she regards him as a father figure and even pushes her friend to get together with him, the way he looks at it she’s still in love and heartbroken over Tianyou and one day he might stand a chance. It’s unfair to say her inconsistencies didn’t have an impact. 

Her naiveness is another one of her flaws.  The reason why people are able to make a victim out of her is because she’s too nice and naive.  By the time this drama ends her character will have some development in terms to everything I and a lot of people have complained about, and we’ll appreciate her more as her mind becomes steady and mature.  As much as I’m fussing about everything, I actually enjoy the tension this drama brings.  

Tianyou cut ties with her as the only way to ensure her safety.  He’s blind, there is not much he can do to protect her.  Even Tianen was concerned about her safety, and I do believe he’s sincere.  He heard her bedside confession.  I read the dialogue for it and I can understand why Tianyou is determine to go after her when his vision returns.  Lucky for him she finds him first.  A little spoiler, she goes under a different alias and he plays along.  They cut out a lot of scenes in the last few episodes and I’m not sure what they’re trying to achieve with that.  We didn’t see Tianyou throwing stuff around in the hospital room when he finds out about his blindness.  We didn’t see her bedside confession while he’s seemingly unconscious.  We only hear them talk about it after the fact. 

Next week will only have 4 new episodes cause the 4 episodes we saw this week will be airing Monday and Tuesday.  It won’t be till the week after we will get 8 episodes.  It doesn’t look like there is much content next week with Tianyou and Jiang Sheng together.  I saw previews of Jiang Sheng confessing to LS that she still loves Tianyou and it’s all her fault that it didn’t work out between them.  LS and Dr Lu are scheming to overthrow Tianyou.  Dr Lu is a lunatic and LS is ungrateful.  The two brothers have no class just like their father.  

Hope Paris is coming soon.  I didn’t watch the last 2 episodes but I’m surprised they’ve dragged out this many episodes before Paris. 

Archived