[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] All Out of Love 凉生,我们可不可以不忧伤

sugarplum892

@Darrkn3ss his grandfather is old school.  Money and selfishness over happiness and love.  Miss Shen was romantically interested in Tianyou, not Liang Sheng but with Tianyou’s blindness Liang Sheng was the consolidation prize.  I don’t think they ever consulted her because everything happened so fast and Tianyou had his vision back. I think the grandfather is the only character that didn’t deviate much from the novel, everyone else has been totally beautified as the Chinese would put it LOL.  Liang Sheng in the drama was crazy and you could tell he wouldn’t hesistate to cheat with Jiang Sheng if she gave him any hope, but he didn’t do anything extreme.  In the novel he was a jerk.  During her wedding in his own monologue he was so frustrated with her that he let her leave Paris resulting in her choosing to marry Tianyou.  A year into her marriage he gave her tickets to Paris and told her he’ll be waiting for her.  Even if he thought Tianyou was cheating on her, telling her to do the same wasn’t a smart move.  The drama actually had the siblings keep in touch after marriage, in the novel they literally had no contact after marriage, except a couple of times. I think if anyone should be happy with this adaption should be Ma Tianyu and his fans, based on his lack presence in the book, the drama adaption gave him a lot more screen time.  

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2018 at 5:30 PM, leah8 said:

@Darrkn3ss his grandfather is old school.  Money and selfishness over happiness and love.  Miss Shen was romantically interested in Tianyou, not Liang Sheng but with Tianyou’s blindness Liang Sheng was the consolidation prize.  I don’t think they ever consulted her because everything happened so fast and Tianyou had his vision back. I think the grandfather is the only character that didn’t deviate much from the novel, everyone else has been totally beautified as the Chinese would put it LOL.  Liang Sheng in the drama was crazy and you could tell he wouldn’t hesistate to cheat with Jiang Sheng if she gave him any hope, but he didn’t do anything extreme.  In the novel he was a jerk.  During her wedding in his own monologue he was so frustrated with her that he let her leave Paris resulting in her choosing to marry Tianyou.  A year into her marriage he gave her tickets to Paris and told her he’ll be waiting for her.  Even if he thought Tianyou was cheating on her, telling her to do the same wasn’t a smart move.  The drama actually had the siblings keep in touch after marriage, in the novel they literally had no contact after marriage, except a couple of times. I think if anyone should be happy with this adaption should be Ma Tianyu and his fans, based on his lack presence in the book, the drama adaption gave him a lot more screen time.  

Well I guess since grandpa kinda was the representation of an old narrative they probably did not see a need to change his character. So we could see a definite break between the generation. LS was morally ambiguous in the drama. Can you tell me what prompted him to believe that TY was cheating on his sister in the book? Well I hope she didn’t take him up on the offer to go cheat because her husband is supposedly cheating. MTY fans don't sound mature to me so I most I must say it just best to ignore them.

8 hours ago, Darrkn3ss said:

Well I guess since grandpa kinda was the representation of an old narrative they probably did not see a need to change his character. So we could see a definite break between the generation. LS was morally ambiguous in the drama. Can you tell me what prompted him to believe that TY was cheating on his sister in the book? Well I hope she didn’t take him up on the offer to go cheat because her husband is supposedly cheating. MTY fans don't sound mature to me so I most I must say it just best to ignore them.

Like in the drama Tianyou found out he had pulmonary fibrosis through his assistant who was drunk.  In order to make her fall out of love with him he put himself in the news with the models and actresses in his agency.  He would purposely come home with perfume and lipstick stains of other women on his clothing.  In his monologue he said he was behaving that way so that when he leaves the world he already put her through so much pain she won’t miss him. He wanted to put distance between himself and Jiang Sheng, but at the same time he wanted so much to comfort her and be with her.  So no he wasn’t cheating on her, he just made it appear so. He paid those women to be in the news with him.  At the time Tianyou’s cheating scandals with the other woman was all over the news.  Liang Sheng visited the mansion one day and gave her flight tickets to Paris and told her he would always wait for her.  Being related to Tianyou I think the responsible thing to do would be confront Tianyou, because it’s not out of line considering he’s related to both parties.  Instead of doing that he just turned a blind eye and thought of taking advantage of the situation.  Jiang Sheng was bothered by the news but she choose to forgive Tianyou because of his illness and probably because she loved him a lot.  She finally did confront him and he accused her of being in love with her brother because of the comb...she refuted him and told him she married him because she loves him..in her monologue she said it was typical of a guilty man to put the blame on someone else.  He told her she needs to be away from the fake news so he sent her to their island home.  She agreed to go, but before she left she put the keys around his neck and told him she would wait for his return.  Tianyou got his check up and found out he didn’t have  pulmonary fibrosis.  He returned to the island home with Jiang Sheng waiting for him.  The book ends with Jiang Sheng’s monologue saying the quote that Tianyou once said to her “I know you will come so I will wait.”

Liang Sheng was delusional in the drama but a lot worse in the novel.  When his housekeeper on the island asked him about whether or not he’s married, in the novel he said he had a wife but she was far away.  In the drama he said he had a sister.  The novel was like the drama, where his ending is an open ending, but he had pulmonary fibrosis, so he had 2 years at most from the intial diagnosis.  Uncle Qian knew this but he purposely changed the reports to make it look like Tianyou had the illness so to free him from family responsibilities and allow him to follow his heart.  

Ningxin is much more stable in the drama as well.  In the novel when Tianyou got married she went a little wacko but when his cheating scandal surface she cracked and went completely insane.  Jiang Sheng witnessed her going into shops and telling people her husband is Mr Cheng so to call her Mrs Cheng.  

• 1 year later...

I feel so late yet excited coming into a forum that has laid dormant for 2 years! I just don't know if I will get a response but I need to say this and get it out of my system (ha!ha!ha!) : 

I read all 5 volumes of the novel (in the exact mandarin words used by the author Le Xiao Mi) and saw the drama on YouTube. I am so glad Wallace Chung and Sun Yi gave us the sensible, most of the time, dignified Tian You and Jiang Sheng imprinted in my mind and not the confused, immature and self antagonising mess that are the 2 leads in the novel!! 

The novel ended with the sentence ''I understand you will come, so I wait''

I am not sure who she saw.

That sentence was meant for Tian You but the cat Dong Gu was with Liang Sheng at the end of the novel, also staying on the island. It was present together with the shadow that met Jiang Sheng when she came back. So was the shadow Liang Sheng? 

Was it a happy ending? The housekeeper sent a killer to the island to kill Jiang Sheng after they knew Tian You did not have pulmonary fibrosis. It was someone Jiang Sheng will never suspect as a killer. Did she survive? Was the shadow the killer that even Dong Gu the cat felt amicable with? 

Very interesting.   

Archived