Go Seung Ji

5 hours ago, Chi Le said:

Just finish watching raw. With currently airing: voice - murder every episode, introvert boss - suicide first episode, i dont feel like wanting another dark drama. With me ji sung and jang hyuk are somehow similar as well...

The first episode was mostly ji sung alone. I read that there is twin brothers? Did both of them appear or only one of them? or the one that die is the brother? yuri didnt appear this episode. Oh Chang-seok as Kang Min-seok - didnt leave any impression on me, im not sure he appears or not. Uhm Hyun Kyung isnt impressive, i havent watched anything of her yet, except happy together.

This drama is very specific type. If someone like this type will watch it, if someone dont they wont. So im not sure it will appear for large audience. I feel better if its a cable drama, like in voice they can go for anything.

Yes the twins Cha Min Ho and Cha Sun Ho who is played by Uhm Ki Joon did appear in ep 1. Somehow I find it so hard to believe a twin would be this evil? was he that desperate to get out of crime to kill his own brother to take his identity or is he just that psychotic.Writer at this stage your doing a remarkable job in showing how chillingly crazy CMH is yet please it seem a little rushed. To have CSH die so quickly WOW and without giving us more information on his life :crazy: Really? Im not one whom complains about a plot but seriously Im kindof disappointed. Will they give us some flashback scenes here and there to make up for it? Ok so CMH has the motive to kill but where is the reason? I guess this will be slowly panned out as the drama airs and keeping me in total suspense. :o

I think I have to keep reminding myself that this drama is full of suspense and is a thriller. Hence someone will die and that it's not full of butterflies and flowers....aish!!! What am I getting into lol! Though Im intrigued I still want to know more. Like why SH wife didnt straight away go to the police and chose to continue living with the killer of her husband. I hope they will explain this point in ep 2 tonight :angry: Writer's you need to improve in this area? Her fear alone does not make sense for her to not do anything infact if anything its her fear that should take her to the police. I dont get it :crazy: I havent seen Uhm Hyun Kyung in any dramas too but I just hope the writer wont make her such a coward to just "sit by" and let the real CMH take over. YAH! <_<

CONGRATULATIONS DEFENDANT TEAM on 14.5% ratings!! I hope it continues well.

2017012406385327976_1_99_20170124064903.

source -http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002586064

@irilight your right about this writer... Im getting worried for JiSung and the other casts now and it's only ep 1 :cry:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i havent watched sub, i guess i just skip it to epi 2

i thought the one in suit plan to tell the truth, his brother kill him instead, then his brother change his clothes into suit and come back home to the one in suit's wife. i thought he said to the wife that his brother is dead?

- ok so i watch the part: the wife know its min ho right away but he threaten her because he knows her son/daughter isnt his brother's.

i never watch uhm ki joon either. seem like he done more theater than tv. With that high rating, im not sure becaúse of the doctor just end or the star power of ji sung and uhm ki joon. i just search ji sung last few drama, the rating start quite low as well.

AAAAaaaaaaahhhhh ~!!!!  that was an intense ep, I don't really have a clue as to how this drama's story progresses  coz so many things happened in the first episode ... but I'm hoping I could adjust to the editing, this was soo fast phased compared to other dramas I've watched soo... yea,  I'm still excited for ep 2 later .. I'm hoping many people will try to watch this esp int'l fans coz I want many int'l drama viewers to appreciate it so I can read comments, it'll be not underrated ..

I'm liking their family . .aren't they a happy family ? they're so cute too

C9bUT5ovRJ7dS.gif 

but I think the highlight in the 1st ep is the Cha brothers ....  how could a sibling do that?! Sunho should've told the prosecutors Minho's whereabouts, so he wouldn't end up dead.... I think Minho is the evilest drama villain I know and the evilest character played by Um Ki Joon or maybe on par with his character on phantom .. 

Sunho and Minho has different vibes and I'll give UKJ a thumbs up good job onion head 

836E9RDGaF5vi.gif 

On 1/21/2017 at 4:39 AM, irilight said:

I have actually don't think I have seen Uhm Ki-Joon in anything... wait, he was in "I can Hear Your Voice" but I do not remember him.. sorry...  I have  a feeling that after Defendant I will be looking for more content with him. And yes, I agree with you. I cannot imagine they will actually have the little girl killed.

he wasin IHYV ep 14  ..  

Spoiler below is summary of villain roles of UKJ from 2012

I think it's more evil than his char in "phantom" ... he just killed his gf, detectives and manipulated BOD in his company to be in his side to get revenge; ...  in "golden cross" he's a rich person that manipulates things to get what he was tasked to do, ..in "nightmare high"  he played a teacher but offer contracts to students to get what they want in exchange for their lives  ...

good start:thumbsup::)

Ratings 170123: #Defendant : 14.5%

Spoiler

#Hwarang : 11% #NightLight : 4.1% #IntrovertedBoss : 2.1%

K-Drama News! 

=========

WHEKzmx.gifInspection Park Jung-woo (Ji Sung)

=================

"Defendant" comes in first right away

2017/01/23 

photo811431.jpg

"Defendant" had a good start.

According to Nielsen Korea, the new SBS drama "Defendant" came in first on the 24th with 14.5%.

This is a great fall from the final episode of "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" which rated 27.0% but considering the fact that the first episode of "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" was 9.5%, it's a hopeful figure.

On the first episode of "Defendant" was about Park Jeong-woo (Ji Seong) who was framed for murder and even lost his memory.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV drama "Hwarang" rated 11.0% and MBC "Night Light" rated 4.1%.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Hancinema

6 hours ago, andy78 said:

REALLY?THEY BOUGHT SOOMPI FORUMS?I HAD NO IDEA!!!WHEN?

@andy78, it was part of the package deal when they bought Soompi.

Initially Soompi had bought Kdrama and added the Soompi TV.  Viki in turn and bought the whole thing from Soompi - forums and TV. They even announced it on their FB page at the time.  See articles below under spoiler tag.

5 hours ago, Hanyeoun said:

Please enlighten me with your theory. :) - I'm waiting

@Hanyeoun,  hi... :)    it is not a theory that they bought these forums. It is a fact. And if you go to most threads that have drama that is subbed by Viki, you will see the huge "Brought by Viki" banners.  These banners are not created by the Soompi member who started the thread, but by Viki. See articles about the purchase under spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Since they first announced this purchase over a year ago, almost a year and a half ago, I have been observing their behavior, in hope of understanding their motivation.

I initially thought they bought Soompi for the amazing old library of Kdrama, but since they essentially dumped the library - it was only reasonable to assume that they were after Soompi forums and also to destroy the competition.

They did not need the TV portion. They already had a Viki TV. The only thing they got out of buying Soompi TV is to destroy a competitor where we were able to watch Korean content (and subbed far faster than Viki). And of course, they got the forums, where they can send people to Viki, and also find out what their competition is doing from members' comments.
i.e. almost always after someone comments that DF licensed something, Viki goes and licenses it too. They have shown me that they have less interest in bringing us a variety of unique programs, than in making sure that they bring everything they can that DF licenses (unless DF licenses it with an exclusive).

5 hours ago, Berou said:

it's the first time i'm hearing this:mellow: 

@Berou, that they bought the forums? It was pretty publicized at the time of the purchase; Even Viki themselves announced it on FB. Articles under spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Everyone was celebrating. I was the only one in mourning, because I liked having several options where to watch my Korean content. At the time, I was not even thinking of the forums. But as I have been observing their behavior since then, I realize how essential the forums are to them, in keeping them in the know about what their competition is doing.

https://techcrunch.com/2015/08/20/global-video-service-viki-buys-soompi-a-fan-site-for-korean-dramas-in-sub-10m-deal/

http://variety.com/2015/digital/asia/viki-buys-korean-fan-community-soompi-from-peter-chernins-crunchyroll-1201573172/

5 hours ago, Kasmic said:

To have CSH die so quickly WOW and without giving us more information on his life :crazy: Really? Im not one whom complains about a plot but seriously Im kindof disappointed. Will they give us some flashback scenes here and there to make up for it? Ok so CMH has the motive to kill but where is the reason? I guess this will be slowly panned out as the drama airs and keeping me in total suspense. :o

@Kasmic, I think/hope they will have plenty of flashbacks. Otherwise what is the point of having Uhm Ki-Joon in a double role, if they only show both characters in ep. 1?

I am very intrigued by the plot, and how will Park Jung-Woo able to prove his innocence and also find out about his wife and daughter (praying they are alive).
What a nightmare that was to wake up in prison after the warm and fuzzy dream about them. Ji Sung is one amazing actor for sure. All his anguish written all over his face.

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

4 hours ago, Chi Le said:

i never watch uhm ki joon either.

@Chi Le, @Kasmic, I have seen her in a couple of drama where she played an antagonist, pretty well - I might add. (House of Bluebird, The Greatest Wedding, and daily Mother's Garden - which I dropped.) She is also in "The Good Wife" which is on my to watch list.

4 hours ago, xxbitter_divinexx said:

Spoiler below is summary of villain roles of UKJ from 2012

ooooh.... @xxbitter_divinexx, Thank you very much for this. I will pursue his other projects after this drama is completed. I love drama with well acted villains/antagonists.
Thank you also for the video from ICHYV. I have seen the drama, but did not remember him.  And I love love your gifs. Thank you very much.

@MAROSA_JIN Thank you for the article and ratings info....!

I am so pleased that Ep 1 has shown such promising ratings and wow, this drama is at No.1 for that time slot! Last evening Defendant was trending at top 3 on Naver and as of this morning, it is still trending. From the comments on Naver, SK audience are very impressed with JS' (as always for me haha...) and UKJ's acting. I have not watched Ep 1 yet as I'm waiting for the Eng sub to be out. Thank you @andy78 for your recaps and chingus here for all the updates!

14 hours ago, andy78 said:

SAD PREVIEW ...

JW KNOWS THE TRUTH...SH TOLD HIM BEFORE HIS HEART STOPPED...KNOWS WAS SH THE ONE THAT DIED

MH IS MAD

WE SEE JW BEEING ARRESTED...HIS FAMILLY WAS KILLED AND HE WAS FRAMED...CHA MH DID IT TO COVER HIS MURDER...WE WILL HAVE A SCENE WITH HIS FUTURE LAWYER SEO ...THAT'S ALL FOR NOW

Thanks for the recaps :heart: I have not had a chance to watch w/subs yet. I like how they are using flashbacks in the story

@Kasmic Thanks for the screen cap/recap. Ji Sung looks so handsome.:wub:

@Chi Le 14.5%!! That's exciting I was wondering how it did in the ratings

After having finished watching ep. 1 I have to say that Uhm Ki-Joon is pretty awesome in his portrayal of the two brothers, and especially chilling in his portrayal of the psychopath brother.

Spoiler

Defendant%201-3_zpsuulbfrgn.png

Here he looked somewhat torn. Almost as if he could not believe what he has done.

Defendant%201-2_zpsko4xllyi.png

Here when he heard his brother calling his name...

Defendant%201-4_zpsncuin5o8.png

Defendant%201-5_zpsxykx1vth.png

Spoiler

Defendant%201-6_zpsfxtsypmp.png

3 hours ago, irilight said:

@andy78, it was part of the package deal when they bought Soompi.

Initially Soompi had bought Kdrama and added the Soompi TV.  Viki in turn and bought the whole thing from Soompi - forums and TV. They even announced it on their FB page at the time.  See articles below under spoiler tag.

@Hanyeoun,  hi... :)    it is not a theory that they bought these forums. It is a fact. And if you go to most threads that have drama that is subbed by Viki, you will see the huge "Brought by Viki" banners.  These banners are not created by the Soompi member who started the thread, but by Viki. See articles about the purchase under spoiler tag.

Hide contents

Since they first announced this purchase over a year ago, almost a year and a half ago, I have been observing their behavior, in hope of understanding their motivation.

I initially thought they bought Soompi for the amazing old library of Kdrama, but since they essentially dumped the library - it was only reasonable to assume that they were after Soompi forums and also to destroy the competition.

They did not need the TV portion. They already had a Viki TV. The only thing they got out of buying Soompi TV is to destroy a competitor where we were able to watch Korean content (and subbed far faster than Viki). And of course, they got the forums, where they can send people to Viki, and also find out what their competition is doing from members' comments.
i.e. almost always after someone comments that DF licensed something, Viki goes and licenses it too. They have shown me that they have less interest in bringing us a variety of unique programs, than in making sure that they bring everything they can that DF licenses (unless DF licenses it with an exclusive).

Hide contents

FYI, we're still an independent entity from that company despite following the guidelines of business from Rakuten/Viki. The Soompi forums is still under the trademark of Soompi.

So Viki does not have creative content power over Soompi at all!

The situation is no different than our previous owner, Crunchyroll, except that we are able to expand our Korean content (Same business principle applies for Warner Bros acquiring Dramafever for that matter.)

I don't see the point of your rant - we have always allowed our members posting links to legal sites such as Viki, Dramafever, Crunchyroll, Viu, Amazon, On Demand Korea, Netflix or KBS World Channel on Youtube.

7 hours ago, irilight said:

I want to remind everyone that since Viki had bought Soompi forums these are now officially Viki's Forums.  (in doubt? just watch for the huge "Presented by Viki" banners on Drama they bring to us.)

I highly suggest to NOT post here ANY other source for subs, even if it is legal;

Hello @irilight  Loved the first episode. I take it because he turn down that job offer it has something to do with framing him.. Just what is they trying to hide.. As always JS can nail those emotional scenes.. So heartbreaking..:dissapointed_relieved:

EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE ABOVE POST.. WE DO HAVE SITES THAT SUB FOR US BUT DUE TO OTHERS THEY LIKE TO SHUT THEM DOWN TO TRY AND CONTROL OF WHAT WE CAN WATCH SUB.   SO PLEASE NO POSTING OF SUB SITES

Hooollaaa all...This is my first comment in this thread. I'm happy to see Ji Sung & Uhm Ki Joon in one Drama production..They are a great actors. Will be back after watched ep.1. Glad to see the 1st Episode got high rating 14.5%. Wishing the ratings keep increased. Congrats Defendant team! 

1 hour ago, Hanyeoun said:

we have always allowed our members posting links to legal sites such as Viki, Dramafever, Crunchyroll, Viu, Amazon, On Demand Korea, Netflix or KBS World Channel on Youtube.

1 hour ago, Hanyeoun said:

FYI, we're still an independent entity from that company despite following the guidelines of business from Rakuten/Viki. The Soompi forums is still under the trademark of Soompi.

So Viki does not have creative content power over Soompi at all!

@Hanyeoun, I trust that you know what you write, since you are an administrator here, on Soompi forums.

Still, I believe that even if legally Soompi  forums retains their separate legal entity, Viki does exercise a level of power over it.

Please look at these pictures under the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Just look at these headers that Viki installed on many threads on Soompi Forums. Did we ever have these before Viki bought Soompi forums? This to me is an example of Viki exercising their control over in Soompi Forums.

This is an example of a drama that was available on Viki, DF, and ODK.  Before Viki bought control of Soompi forums, the person who started a thread will list the legal sites where to watch it.  Now, even if the other sites are still listed, Soompiers first see these banners prompting them to come to Viki.

Is that how Viki does not exercise their control?

Viki-Presented-By-Banner.png

Angel-Eyes.png

Mind you, I do not so much mind that they do that. As the owners, it is within their right, of course to put them, and try to get Soompiers to come to Viki and not to the competition. 

What I object to is this double standard and pretense that everything is as it was before.

Personally, I have no preference at all of where to watch my Kdrama. (Well, I prefer the sites that allow me to watch with Roku). But i do want to continue seeing diversity of options where to watch, as well as diversity of programs.

Sorry. your first post was supposed to be pasted below, and it got pasted the wrong place, and I do not know how to undo it. I do not argue about allowing to post legal sites. I know it is still allowed.  But personally,  I am urging Soompiers to not post them, so as not to give Viki information about what other sites are doing.

As always, I appreciate and respect your opinion.

54 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

As always JS can nail those emotional scenes.. So heartbreaking..:dissapointed_relieved:

@sava2sava. Ji Sung never ceases to amaze me. He is one powerful actor. I fully understand now the article in which he said how difficult this job it, given that he is a husband and a father.

In that short opening scene, from a nice dream to the harsh prison reality,  we got to experience all the pain and the loss.

Can barely wait for ep. 2. tomorrow.

4 hours ago, irilight said:

@Kasmic, I think/hope they will have plenty of flashbacks. Otherwise what is the point of having Uhm Ki-Joon in a double role, if they only show both characters in ep. 1?

and @evie7 Flashbacks?I guess we will have lots of these.. I rather have the real SH alive more longer so that the evil twin can squirm more and live on the edge more...his so evil. His fake cry and laugh at the end of ep 1 is so chilling. I cant believe he really thinks he just got away with everything. 

Oh well JiSung  will fix that. These 2 actors will def lift up the game of this drama.  Bring on the battle and wits of trying to outsmart each other. I love it. :heart:

[Spoilers] Defendant (Pilot)

Spoiler

0002525086_001_20170123230508015.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-01-23%2Bat%2B9.27.27%2BPM.png
Naver - news 1: 'Defendant' first episode, Desperate Ji Sung, savagae Eom Ki Joon 

1. [+3,942, -75] Eom Ki Joon's acting in the end is the best part

2. [+2,573, -78] Everyone's so amazing at acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+2,429, -55] "Minho-ya"... Shivered at Eom Ki Joon in the end

4. [+627, -32] Oh, this drama's good, you guys need to see it. Eom Ki Joon's psycho acting is spot on ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ji Sung's an actor you can trust

5. [+527, -27] Wow.. I was just so amazed by the acting the entire hour! Eom Ki Joon knows how to portray the two characters differently.. Can't wait to see how he will pretend as Seon Ho and when his real self slips out

6. [+460, -23] Ji Sung who was legendary and even won a Daesang playing 7 personalities vs Eom Ki Joon's double role and his smiling/crying face gave me goosebumps.. It's an acting battle between the two ㅎㄷㄷ

7. [+474, -33] They'd find out right away by examining their fingerprints, how frustratingㅜㅜ Anyway, Ji Sung is so good

Spoiler

201701232212681114_1.jpg

Nate - Mydaily: Framed Ji Sung vs Eom Ki Joon who killed his hyung, the start of their ill-fated relationship 

1. [+526, -12] Wow. Eom Ki Joon is crying but he's smiling when you look at his mouth.. I'm in awe

2. [+511, -14] Ah the acting is solid but the story will likely get frustrating later on.. I bet it will take 13 episodes before Ji Sung is cleared of false charges.. Anyway, the drama's fun and gripping.

3. [+392, -15] I knew this drama would make it to the ranking. It's phenomenal, Eom Ki Joon's acting gave me shivers ㅎㄷㄷThe story is unpredictable, the drama will hit daebak. Hope everyone gives it a try

4. [+34, -1] You've got all these amazing actors, then there's Yuri as the female lead. Why...

5. [+33, -2] I'm  unable to tell whether Eom Ki Joon is crying or laughing.. Only a few actors can pull that off perfectly. I've always known he's a good actor but he's daebak today. Writer, keep it up!! Hoping that all episodes will be as good as today's!! Defendant, hit daebak

6. [+26, -2] Wow.. Eom Ki Joon gave me goosebumps..

cr. kkuljaem

Ohhhh this is interesting fake SH has an phobia of sharp objects. That's why we saw him cringe when he saw the sharp ruler pointing at him. PJW will use this to test the fake SH to find out his not the real one. PJW points an envelop to the fake SH and he has a flashback of playing fencing with his brother. He was accidentally cut by SH and perhaps thats caused his phobia.

See the teaser vid of ep 2 - http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000010159&pgm_mnu_id=47316&bbsCd=&contNo=22000214036&div=pc_Program1

9d94868646a02ceaeb362ad954c3bcc6.png

26506c6fed4184ef8db71bc22ee8d000.png

3ef52a79b832644250e0715c21b5b644.png

Archived