Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nawwww are we saying our farewells already. So sad, this has been a small thread but Ive enjoyed our discussions. Thanks everyone @Lmangla @evie7 @Mayyes @MiAmour @stargazer187 @dramaeomma @Chi Nguyễn @rhiesta @USAFarmgirl @UnniSarah @alekaonu @pixiebelle @Berou @Chellsee @Realyn Tan   My dearest recapping friend- @andy78 @yongzura @sava2sava @glee77 @qynn @ezyarou  and Mian if I miss anyone. Hope to catch you on other threads too. - TAGGING isnt working with me Im having a serious soompi problem or its probably my computer with all the screencaps I captured hahaha! 

As for me Im sticking around just a tad bit longer lol! 

I wish I could go to Japan with them too but they so deserve it.

C7e2AZfVYAAWqa6.jpg

Spoiler

2017032209160011317-540x793.jpg

2017032209235420379-540x757.jpg

2017032208545312212-540x842.jpg

C7e6E3RVYAAgtlC.jpg

Spoiler

C7e9OvCVMAE4lfk.jpg

2017032209303113362-540x932.jpg

UKJ did a short interview about his thoughts on his character, bidding thanks and goodbyes. I quote his interview which maybe lost with translations -The defendant" Um Ki-jun, who plays the role of Cha Min-ho He said," The defendant is finally over. I'm sorry. I wanted to be a bad villain, but it made me good at the end. ":joy:

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1166373

2017032209252458556-540x810.jpg

Spoiler

2017032209244920722-540x456.jpg

This artcle states JH and YH thoughts on their roles - 

"I was honored to have a good work with great seniors," said Eun Hyun-kyung, a member of the company Big Company. "I felt that I was deficient in myself as a defendant, and I will try to be an actor who can develop further. It was time for learning. "

Park Jung-woo and 15-years friendship with Kang Jun-hyuk, - Oh Chang-suk, Oh Chang-seok said, "I am grateful that you hate Kang Jun-hyuk, who first thought of his safety better than justice, and there was a time when he was heavy in the image of Jun-hyuk, who turns away from the truth while acting. Shin Lina) and reunion. Junhyuk felt that the truth should be revealed, and when I saw the eyes of Hae Yeon and Jeongwoo mother, I could see tears by myself." "As a defendant, I am going to visit viewers in a new way. 

Source- http://www.sporbiz.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=88356

Or the video in Naver -http://tv.naver.com/v/1535954

CRRhgulU?format=jpg&name=600x314

SPOILER ; Finale

0000953564_001_20170321230216907.jpg

tv Report via Naver: 'Defendant', Ji Sung demands Eom Ki Joon's death penalty... frustrating happy ending 

1. [+5,945, -162] Cha Min Ho's prisoner number is 1001, same number as Park Geun Hye's interrogation room today. Kudos to Defendant for keeping it uplifting in the end. Nice job~

2. [+3,736, -71] I Am Optimus Shin Chul Shik's comeback!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋwth is dump ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+3,543, -196] Epic drama!!!! Not only Ji Sung but everyone and every line were jjang

4. [+3,004, -149] Such a perfect ending that it took away all the frustration it gave me throughout its run

5. [+2,674, -130] Giving him the death penalty isn't a true revenge.... Should've let him rot in prison

6. [+910, -23]  Ji Sung did well but Eom Ki Joon's acting was insane. He gave me goosebumps these past 18 episodes. He had me swearing one moment then feeling bad on the other, that's what you call a great actor

7. [+895, -30] Moongchi is the real winner

8. [+908, -39] We only catch those people the higher ups don't want us to go after. This line is the best. Amazing acting from Ji Sung, Eom Ki Joon and the prison family. The cast saved the drama, it was better off without the extension. Still enjoyable nonetheless

9. [+855, -27] Cha Min Ho's father raised him to be a monster. Yeon Hee caused his downfall.. Ha Yeon crying and missing her mom broke my heart.... The best part is Ji Sung's cute wink in the end~~

10. [+751, -27] Ah Eom Ki Joon getting all teary-eyed in the court.. I know he's a villain but I momentarily felt sorry for him

cr

I just finished watching the last episode. Woowww... Defendant finished in its highest rating ever, even higher than Romantic Doctor's rating. Congratulations! And please have a safe flight to Japan and enjoy your vacation.

I am quite satisfied with the ending... Only one thing that bothered me so much....the PD never forget about SUBWAY. Hahha.... I think CMH is going crazy for real.... Hohooo... I am really happy. He has no one on his side now, even YH left him (maybe he took her mother in law too)..... The head warden and Tae-soo is ready to bully him... LoL...But why JW only charged him for 3 murder cases? If he was CMH, then what about his first ever victim - Lady from night club? They may forget about her, right? Traitor Kang received his punishment and Chief prosecutor too...

Honestly i want to see Milyang retrial, espc Eun Hye's role, but they skipped her scene again. Hohhoo.... Shin Cheol-sik never failed to make me laugh... He turned himself in like he was going to attend wedding ceremony, Moongchi dated the phsyciatrist, Rockfish as his assistant, and theiy held reunion at glamorous place.

JW and HY... I cried I cried... Till the end they still make them crying... But seeing them finally can let go Jisoo making me happy... Live must go on. They have put Jisoo on the right place. Also, why there is no scene with Sung-kyu... I am so sad...

Should we expect for season two? With Special Prosecutor Park Jung Woo and Eun-hye is going to do retrial for her father... 

Despite all its flaws and some unbelievable scenes, i really enjoyed watching Defendant. I expecting that Jisung will get Daesang for the year-end award ceremony. Uhm Ki-joon too... I even skipped some the trial scenes because I can't stand seeing his crazy acting...

For all casts and crews.... I LOVE YOU BABY... I LOVE YOU BABY... I LOVE YOU BABY... (our legendary theme song).... Waiting for the next project from the writer and PD also staffs... Good Job...

For all my friends in this thread, i really enjoyed all the discussion here. Our craziness to make up story, dreaming Sung-kyu will come back alive, shipping Eunhye and Taesoo and all. Wish that i will meet you on another thread... Espc for my dearly friends ...

@Kasmic and @andy78 i want to say thank you so much for always doing live recap...

See you again friends ... Good afternoon...

9 hours ago, glee77 said:

Last episodes rating is 28.3

one more article ...congratulations everybody

"Defendant" comes in first with record breaking 28.8%

Spoiler

photo831456.jpg

The final episode of "Defendant" set a new record and ended in success.

According to Nielsen Korea, the SBS drama "Defendant" rated 28.8% on the 21st.

The percentage increased by 1.3%, setting a new record and bringing the drama to a successful conclusion.

At the same time, MBC drama "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" dropped 0.9% to 8.8%. This is 0.1% lower than the first episode of "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" which rated 8.9%.

KBS 2TV "The Perfect Wife" increased by 0.9% to 4.4%.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

http://www.hancinema.net/defendant-comes-in-first-with-record-breaking-28-8percent-104245.html

"Defendant" Uhm Ki-joon, "What doesn't work in Korea with power and authority?"

Spoiler

photo831457.jpg

Uhm Ki-joon was mean and sly until the end.

On the final episode of the SBS drama "Defendant", Cha Min-ho (Uhm Ki-joon) was arrested and put to trial by Park Jeong-woo (Ji Sung) right before he took off.

However, Cha Min-ho, under the advice of his attorney, pretended to be mentally ill and submitted his mental medical records. Cha Min-ho then whispered to Park Jeong-woo, "What doesn't work in Korea with power and authority?"

Kang Joon-hyeok (Oh Chang-seok) submitted the knife which was evidence for Cha Min-ho killing Yoon Ji-soo, but Cha Min-ho said, "Our Min-ho is dead".

It's over arghhh!!!! :confounded: my withdrawal symtoms without a doubt will kick in soon. I feel like I need a break to Okinawa too lol!

Here they are having fun and staying at a very nice hotel - Hilton. This IG poster is from the editing team of Defendant/ SBS. THANK YOU!! 

Spoiler

@Mayyes true what happened to the nighclub girl whom MH killed. I guess he should be charged with that since it was proven that MH did it, all this kindof made the court case a lil rushed. I guess with 1 hour they couldnt include it. As well as YH hit and run incident I guess that was indeed covered up by MH whom wouldve heavily compensated that victim and his family. *sigh* YH I cant believed she shut up for a good 8-9 months just because she pited and loved him and not a slap on the wrist for anything -AISH! in the end she got to leave the country with her son. AISH!!! that's not right. Poor MH mother whom will slowly loose her mind more as none of her family will visit her as will her son MH. (Is this your IG post Mayyes? :wink:)

Spoiler

For sure I hope Jisung gets the Daesang let's hope no repeat of what they did (or didnt do) to him after KMHM. And if there was a best villan prize which I think they should create one...UKJ is up for some serious competition. Here is the Neitzen comments on the best psycho acting - I cant choose can I award BOTH 

Spoiler

[INSTIZ] BEST PSYCHO ACTING

Defendant - Cha Sun Ho

9237b77976357cd4b419c3bb90483f6b.jpg

1b8ee2dce253ee7ca47c8db86ff6f60a.jpg

Voice - Mo Tae Goo

a801ac865f4404c178aee4d7228947b0.jpg

e519547285a4ca88c397caf9cc9b521c.jpg

Their acting wasn't a joke ㄷㄷㄷ

Original post: Here

- Kim Jae Wook is sexy ㅠ 

- Mo Tae Goo is sexy, handsome, cool and charming and more than that he has a good chemistry with Lee Ha Na

- Seriously, Uhm Ki Joon...

- Finally Kim Jae Wook have seen the light ㅠㅠㅠ I've liked him since the old days, i'm glad that he is doing great now ㅠㅠ

- Seriously, Mo Tae Goo ㅎㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ But i also liked his chemistry with Lee Ha Na...I felt like he liked her but expressed that in the wrong way...I get goosebumps because of him...

- Mo Tae Goo is really the best..

- Mo Tae Goo is the best..

- Both of them are uniquely good ㅠㅠㅜㅜㅜ

- Uhm Ki Joon is really good at acting ㅜㅜ

- Actor Uhm...

- Uhm Ki Joon ㅠㅠㅠㅠ He was sincerely bad but i liked him ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

- Uhm Ki Joon's acting was so real, he was creepy

- Kim Jae Wook is hot and sexy

source -http://netizendrama.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/instiz-best-psycho-acting.html

Oh my poor 2% shattered and gone lol! HY only met SG at the afterparty and now in Okinawa. That's ok Im sure this lil actress now has lots of samchoon's and aunties now.  :wink:

@stargazer187 Im like you Im so impressed with this writers message here. The world is full of corruption and it will be ongoing but we should take JW msg to heart, "This world will never abandon us, and to be brave"

This scene when JW was walking with HY telling her that they should smile and live to be brave for the future because mum is watching over them. Kuduos writers for delivering this msg through JiSung and ShinRina:heart::heart:

Spoiler

I also loved this message about JW fight for justice - :smirk:

Spoiler

3d1ce67569e3412837e1491bb00e957e.png

082d6f0666206f5b6e724b77e00bc0d8.png

It links well with another hidden msg that particularly us  internationally fans arent or may not be aware of. See MH had a new prison number and I thought it was strange because his first one was 777 which is HA! his IG number then his new number is 1001. So I looked into it and found out  MH new prison number 1001 reflects the symbol of the current  Korean President - Park Guen Hye. Her presidential car license plate is 1001 and she was investigated in the 1001 Seoul Central District Prosecutor's Office.  She's the first President whom is impeached (forced to step down her presidential role)  by the court of law for all her involvement in  money  extortion . I guess the writers is making a political stance here YAY!!!!

EBVMS86b?format=jpg&name=600x314

See source articles -  http://www.insight.co.kr/newsRead.php?ArtNo=97842 and http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21718900-now-snap-election-south-koreas-president-impeached

DRAMA RECAPS - Defendant: Episode 17
by TeriYaki | March 22, 2017 

iFM7JpX.jpg

With Jung-woo back to doing what he does best, he’s close to finally catching up to his ultimate goal: Min-ho. But Min-ho always manages to be one step ahead of him, so it’s now or never if Jung-woo hopes to finally bring his wife’s murderer to justice. Will Min-ho manage to walk away from the law yet again by using his endless stream of connections, or has his moment of truth finally arrived?

EPISODE 17 RECAP

Chamyung security guards check on Min-ho, but he releases Jung-woo’s jacket and pretends that he’s a guest. Min-ho sits down and says that Jennifer Lee was a college friend of Yeon-hee’s, adding that they all planned to get together before his stint at Woljung prison prevented it. Pretending that he doesn’t know what happened to her, Min-ho laughs to think that Jung-woo suspects him of her murder. Min-ho observes that Jung-woo hasn’t changed at all, and Jung-woo claims the same about Min-ho. Jung-woo takes a call, learning that a body was recovered. He orders a DNA test, asking for added security measures to prevent Min-ho’s interference. Before walking out, Jung-woo promises Min-ho that they will meet at the prosecutor’s office.

Min-ho makes a call from home, informing the person on the other end that Seok was caught by Jung-woo. Joon-hyuk searches each cell in the jail before checking the interrogation room, but all are empty. Deputy General Jung joins him, frantic to locate Jung-woo, just as Jung-woo himself walks into the hallway. The deputy general chastises Jung-woo for visiting Chamyung, reminding him that he promised not to bother them. Jung-woo answers that he was investigating Sung-kyu’s murder, but the deputy general argues that the case is closed, since his death was ruled a suicide. Jung-woo has determined that the CCTV footage that night was fabricated, and he has testimony from the guard that he was ordered away from his post. He promises to reveal a cover-up that proves Sung-kyu was killed while in custody, and that it was made to look like a suicide.

The deputy general angrily advances on Jung-woo, who coolly observes that if Sung-kyu’s death was really a suicide, he has no reason to be concerned. Deputy General Jung then shares that he heard Min-ho’s employee was arrested without a warrant and demands to know where he is.

Read more:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/defendant-episode-17/

Out of the entire drama, the one scene that broke my heart the most is the one during episode 18 when Yeon-hee told Min-ho that the father of her son is actually him. Like I didn't already cried a river when she said that because she felt sorry for Min-ho and that she loved him when Ji Sung asked her why she had kept all of it a secret until now. Seriously every time Hyun-Kyung (Yeon-hee) delivers her lines, I can feel the depth of it. I'm officially a fan of Uhm Ki Joon as well. The acting from everyone in this drama really needs to be taken seriously because not one single actor didn't pour their heart and soul into this drama I'm sure of it.

It was a satisfactory ending with the good people happy, the wronged avenged, the bad guy got his death penalty and solitary jail cell. Even Evil JH turned to the bright side and reconciled with PJW. There are some loose threads as mentioned by other posters but no biggie for me.

My only nitpick is the judge appeared to take the side of CMH (last episode) and the only thing which brought CMH down was his love for YH & their son. Sad to think there really is (almost) nothing power and wealth cannot buy (except PJW??)
I would prefer to see CMH brought down with law and justice (and not he giving in due to his family).

The balance is slightly off with a major part of the drama on PJW's suffering and not enough of CMH's pain and judgement.

My most heartbreaking moment was when PJW verbally charged CMH with the murder of Ji Soo - Ji Sung did such a magnificent job delivering the lines and emotions in his eyes.

It was a great entertaining drama and the dinner scene with the ex-cellmates & Optimus was heart warming.

Thanks everyone for this journey. Take care and see your around in KdramaLand.

Guest aivzthegreat

I never regret asking this thread for a recommendation for this drama. A well-loved drama is always a mixed emotion when it comes to an end. I'm happy that our favored characters in the drama finally received they well deserve happy ending.. *my poor seungkyu :( * but it was also sad at the same time, cos ending means goodbye for my fave drama..

one more thing, that kim seok guy catch my attention a little bit. hahaa, i want to see more of him. maybe, a good person on the other drama. hahaha :D anyway, i'll see u guys on other thread... :) 

Archived