Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JW friend is doing his own research watching cctv a masked man with a big bag...the man looked like JW but was not him...end of ep

sad preview

POOR JW BEEING VISITED BY THAT KILLER

WE SEE HIM FOLLOWING MH...WAS LIKE DOG ...BUT WAS AGAINST A MONSTER AND SOME VERY CORRUPT PEOPLE...

SOME SCENE WITH SEH...I CAN'T WAIT NEXT WEEK...GREAT ACTORS!

Oh JW friend - Joon Hyuk 

Spoiler

6d9fb2ed56cbd873010ea9838b5e20c3.png

Spoiler

218b3a407ced3f62ba40ff60bf14ad54.png

093ce880db96ebceacea2b7808c4ad40.png

f707350d6b159aefa7d74ff53baee005.pngb1776e020be4c488f6b28b4016beb8a9.png

fe82234ec586263f2e70d28d78f7778f.png

d65d77d4f20fa1e46be0af8b96812bad.png

ecbe2f73b285f2f3acf352bac9241935.png

Spoiler

2f9085e689ccd85601606d1474fbcc96.png

ddc6e40b93779032dcab97f13549d54e.png

PJW did that to his face...main becos I need some laughs ...back to screencapping 

Spoiler

8c28459d31ea9efae4c11dae357af7b8.png

Spoiler

76613c3ac1e202744fe34a119f86cbd4.png

c9180a4335130a9bf2d339df646fc384.png

45f2234e8ba7f8e91b7b633d8105e50b.png

ba6d6d3a6c279bd1087982da4499f8f4.png

189e94565d64303b74ad98138f8b5eb5.png

e3b18c0b0a29e2308eb0739a234c6c47.png

a47691daec8a95e403cf3a7ce5ddcfd5.png

b9a5908ba62bed4265ca0b7110dfea5d.png

Thinking of her own dad who was in prison when she was really young..perhaps this is the reason why she believes in PJW

7997a8aa327571902c897f8339d6edc3.png

8fa740f5a79476f906a0549191b98570.png

Back to PJW and JH

Spoiler

b51d97bb0da63152fc26861fbff78814.png

ac0ae55da2893fffa3a3ad247a59cf2b.png

6ebfe7072165aa65e6643a483e903a15.png

Spoiler

fef94c06a32892961900e747363a9500.png

Spoiler

c3a169c98b07c566a876704b45c28576.png

3dd6ea7a63250030c56990b322f73cf0.png

His brother in law in digging holes determine to find PJW daughter and wife

88539ed9972a8093e94feb60e9b3d9a9.png

6c7142890b0a2c335c0c9e16c592c516.png

e3d91df5285c1f3c958c4519ac1d32a7.png

Puppy gets chummy with PJW

Spoiler

97469bfe0cbdbd8c4ccbfa842e13b304.png

ab31abb1449d6a7225c4eff80eb05892.png

3fd6ee177df77177d70373de18ff7014.png

4aeea56151761ed6ccba78aba2998c9a.png

65bd90e345a9b45ff0e725b47d2a65a2.png

Chief Police reports to SH/MH on PJW... PLS dont tell me that his the real father of her son :angry:

5fe190e88432d2719e66c3d6d5882db8.pngbc72e263559a126e9c5a077efb16fff1.png

C28TMXBUAAAXvN6.jpg

JH is looking in some CTV vids on PJW (?) carrying a suitcase down the apartment...ENDS

8e74fa56fe82c2c48937e2059af9739a.png

Spoiler

C28TK-mUkAA3Zsy.jpg

Preview ep 3

hey ya @Kasmic ! thought your name looked familiar. ah, so we were on the mask thread together. so, will we keep bumping into each other in another drama thread with twins/look-alikes? hahahahah.... :D

apparently, moles, birthmarks, freckles are not genetic; so twins can have different distinguishing physical marks that can help to identify them. but with some twins, they resemble each other so much and there is no distinguishing physical marks that it is hard to tell them apart. so it is understandable if the driver didn't pick up that he had picked up min ho but it will be a surprise if the family doesn't pick it up. so yea, maybe they think some heir is better than no heir even if he is a psychotic murderer who should be in jail... that reminds me, min ho said that seon ho has never been to jail. it made me think that min ho has in some form visited jail before. so was he always psychotic? maybe some sort of childhood evil type?

based on the stills you posted of today's episode, looks like they explained how fingerprints can't be used to identify seon ho. smart writer!

6 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Is the son Min Ho's biological son?

i wonder about that too...might be his son or could be somebodyelse son...MH used the boy to blackmail SH wife...

7 minutes ago, Mayyes said:

Ratings 170124:

#Defendant : 14.9%

thanks great news...first place again!

wooooaaaaaahhhhhh ~  I think I'm quite addicted to this drama  coz I've been replaying ep 1 and maybe ep 2 later   HAHA  ..  I actually haven't finished phantom coz It's hard to see your fave doing a villain role  but I guess already accepted it   and the fact that he's playing CMH char onto the next level, I'm enjoying this waiting onion head....   and also I liked all the actors too and the directing also .. 

rKPX953QJ3lpC.gif  me:  wait onion head

yK7ldpi5KidFK.gif  my reaction was the same to JS+get out crazy rabbit

I think I could watch another drama with the two of them as the leads ..

ALSO, the doctor said the PJW's memory may be distorted and I actually wonder when the truck scene was shown,  is it CMH's case did PJW dealt first of the case of the gang boss??   confused onion head I think we'll have our minds in a roller coaster of imagining .. and that's what I also liked about this drama ... 

and I also feel like the father knows it was MH who was alive .. telling the whole world it was SH who died would be causing the stocks of the company to drop and may cause them to loose the company and the fact that he lost a son, he wouldnt want to lose the other...   and also the case of the wife, she has her reasons   and I also wonder who was the father of Eunsoo, is it MH? OMG if he was ...

btw, I think Yuri's acting was fine tho,  many didn't liked her playing a FL 

iP7GMhYkiAW4w.gif

ep2 was a heartbreaking ep  again ... I'm really looking forward to ep 3 ~!!  .... this and Voice are the only dramas I've been following now since RDTK and WKBJ ended ... I hate ongoing dramas, i hate waiting but   huhuhu

@irilight  that's good to know but i'll give you a heads up, comparing to all other of UKJ villain roles, this one I think is on another level .. coz MH is quite psychotic    but well enjoy :) , if you want to watch him on his nonvillain roles, check out dream high or scent of a woman .. he's totally different

And YAY!! an increase in ratings~!!   on jail crazy rabbit   yesss crazy rabbit    and btw, I really like the opening of this drama, well suited to the genre

On 1/23/2017 at 7:05 AM, Kasmic said:

Ohhh Puppy I mean Kim Min Suk will be somehow working with Cha Min Ho/ Cha Sun Ho...spy? I hope he remains a loyal friend to JiSung's character.

Lee Sung Kyu (Kim Min Suk) character looks suspicious. I suspect him as the truck driver who killed Autospy Doctor :unsure:

5 hours ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Is the son Min Ho's biological son?

I have the same questioned to...I wonder why Min Ho knew that the child is not Seun Ho child while he even doesn't know where Seun Ho lives. Yun Hee knew that he's Min Ho just by seeing his eyes (It's hard to mark off identical brother if they not so closed) And How can Min Ho really good treat the son just like a real dad :wacko:

So far i really like the 2 episodes. Happy to hear the ratings still increased.

@Lmangla nice to see you in this thread chinggu :love:

Additional question, why there are a lot good looking guy in this drama? Ji Sung, Uhm Ki Joon, Kang Sung Min, Oh Chang Suk, Kim Min Suk :wub:

15 hours ago, andy78 said:

MY FRIENDS JW DAUGHTER BODY WAS NOT FIND?I WONDER IF SHE IS STILL ALIVE ...JW IS BACK IN HIS CELL TALKING WITH A YOUNG PRISONER THAT IS NICE WITH HIM

@andy78  I think she's still alive he has to have a bargaining chip for just in case (You know the saying Sht happens) He needs some insurance..

@Lmangla,   hi100.gif so great to have you join us.

Interesting points you bring. I do not think I have ever been around twins. I can only recall the movie "Secret Love" with Yoo Ji-Tae, about twins. The wife clearly knew the difference because her husband is in the hospital. I think I have seen the documentary you mentioned, (or one similar to it). It is an age old question - what contributes more to the character - the genes or the environment. But in the case of Min-Ho and Sun-Ho, they share the same genes and grew up in same environment - yet one is a cold blooded criminal and the other was a righteous man. They were both smart, but one used his intelligence to do good and be productive, while the other uses it to excel in crimes.

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

what surprised me was the prison scene -- was expecting to see his cell mates sneer and jeer at him like it normally happens in prison dramas. instead, we have his cell mates show sympathy, empathy and even some care. even though they know he was a prosecutor, his amnesia isn't something for them to ridicule

that surprised me too. And thank heavens for that. He has so much on his plate to deal with.. Thank God he gets some measure of understanding and care.

have seen this in interview with many other actors (even older ones) where they said their real life experiences helps bring a grounded feel to fictional characters as they have a context (their own real life) to draw from. (if I lost my child/wife, how would I feel? kind of question is how some think while filming). so it does feel like ji sung's acting is a notch higher because he is now a husband and father. a situation like jung woo would be a punch to any husband and father who loves their family -- the scene in the prison where he broke down feels more grounded and real -- we can sense his horror, confusion, pain...

Yes, all that you write here makes sense to me. I think all good actors draw on personal experience to bring up the feelings they need to. This story - it brings tears to my eyes, when I think of his horror as an actor to imagine these scenes in real life.

really liked that seon ho's wife immediately recognized that it was min ho....
wonder what exactly the secret is that she is forced to go along with this awful ruse. is her son not seon ho's? it doesn't sound like enough of a secret to blackmail her when min ho doesn't seem to have proof...

I liked that too. As did his mom. (but he can wave that away to her "madness."
He threatened her so far with the knowledge that Seon-Ho was not the father of her child.
But imagine her horror as she realizes not only that her husband is dead, but he was killed by his brother, who now pretends to be him. I'd be scared too. She feels powerless against him.

15 hours ago, Kasmic said:

So I do believe that apart from the wife (sorry I dont know her name as yet) their parents will also know the truth of the Cha brother's identity - the Chairman and mother.

Well @Kasmic, you were right on!

Mother knew immediately and laughed at them thinking she could not recognize her son. Min-Ho, in turn - although being weary - can laugh it off to her "madness."

Defendant%202-1_zpsqagiqgqg.png

Father had a stoic face and he remarks to himself, that at least he has one son remaining alive....

Defendant%202-5_zpspzivefda.png

6 hours ago, heroonthebeach said:

hi all, sharing my recap and comments on the first two episodes of this show: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/innocent-defendant-episodes-1-2-initial-thoughts/

I foresee this show will be taking first place for the Mon Tuesday slot from now on! 

6 hours ago, randomlee said:

Yippee! The rating is on the upward trend!

Well, it's different on its rivals, which are both sageuk (Hwarang, and the upcoming Rebel). Let's see if Defendant can sustain it (but I also hope so).

@andy78, thank you for recaps.
@Kasmic,     thank you for screencaps.

@MiAmour, thank you for updates and video clips.

By the way, everyone does know that -   as expected -  Viki is now subbing this drama, right?

https://www.viki.com/tv/32810c-defendant?q=Defendant

6 hours ago, Mayyes said:

Ratings 170124:

#Defendant : 14.9%

16 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Puppy gets chummy with PJW

oh... you are so funny... Love it....
@Mayyes, sorry. the quote went again in wrong place. But thank you for ratings info. and yey ! ratings went up and we are still leading too. :)

16 hours ago, Kasmic said:

PLS dont tell me that his the real father of her son :angry:

oh. No.. I hope not.....   says no this cute monkey smiley

6 hours ago, heroonthebeach said:

I foresee this show will be taking first place for the Mon Tuesday slot from now on! 

@heroonthebeach, sure looks like it...  And thank you for the recaps :)

6 hours ago, randomlee said:

ippee! The rating is on the upward trend!

Yey!  May the trend continue throughout the life of this drama!

5 hours ago, xxbitter_divinexx said:

I think I could watch another drama with the two of them as the leads ..

@xxbitter_divinexx, me too... Bring it on!   animated yep smiley
Loving your post with your gifs.

and I also feel like the father knows it was MH who was alive .. telling the whole world it was SH who died would be causing the stocks of the company to drop and may cause them to loose the company and the fact that he lost a son, he wouldnt want to lose the other...  

Yes, I also think the father knows.
I think it is a tough call. He said that at least he has one son alive.
I can understand on one hand, that he does not want to point the finger at Min-Ho as the murderer of Sun-Ho; But I also wonder - does he not want justice be done to Sun-Ho? I think it will be emotionally tough for him to live with his decision, watching Min-Ho (and with Sun-Ho's family), knowing he is Sun-Ho's murderer.

@irilight  that's good to know but i'll give you a heads up, comparing to all other of UKJ villain roles, this one I think is on another level .. coz MH is quite psychotic    but well enjoy :) , if you want to watch him on his nonvillain roles, check out dream high or scent of a woman .. he's totally different

Thank you @xxbitter_divinexx. Will do. After we finish this drama... :D

2 hours ago, peggygordon said:

Lee Sung Kyu (Kim Min Suk) character looks suspicious. I suspect him as the truck driver who killed Autospy Doctor 

@peggygordon OMG. Really? I did not expect this kind of a twist.... Oh. please no.. The one person who is really kind to Jung-Woo iin jail.

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

I think she's still alive he has to have a bargaining chip for just in case (You know the saying Sht happens) He needs some insurance..

@sava2sava, I think she is alive too...
I am praying she is alive...
That after this horrible ordeal, when Jung-Woo will get out of prison, he still has his family to go back to.

After watching ep. 2, I think that the autopsy doctor was pretty stupid to take the side of a killer and falsify the results. Did he really think he would live through it?

Jung-Woo is so smart and observant. He does not miss a beat. Just like when he pushed Min-Ho aside in order to hear Sun-Ho's last words.

Defendant%202-3_zpsbhnbucrb.png

Min-Ho knows he cannot buy Jung-Woo. He is weary and afraid of him.

Defendant%202-4_zpsqqqbfz19.png

We have yet to find out what he did and what actually happened.

Jung-Woo's situation is heart-breaking.
I do not even know if the psychologist at the prison is not bought by Min-Ho. What do you all think? Lots of what she said made sense to me.... I wonder how Jung-Woo can have been sentenced to death with his mental condition?

Defendant%202-8_zpsbyt9jkbp.png

Min-Ho bribed the jail warden it seems..
But Joon-Hyuk told them at prison to treat Jung-Woo well.

Yeon-Hee has to live with her husband's murderer and pretend he is her husband. How horrifying is that...!    scare.jpg

Eun-Hye needs to prove herself with Jung-Woos' case. It is like her last opportunity to prove herself.

We still need to find out what really happened. What was it in that suitcase.
The psychologist said that Jung-Woo's amnesia is a way for him to protect himself from the truth. That makes sense to me. We still need to know what is that truth.
We know that his lucid moments, - I would not want to be in Min-Ho's shoes when Jung-Woo comes out.

Defendant%202-9_zpswil4iwec.png

Archived