Go Seung Ji

On 11/20/2016 at 6:38 AM, xxbitter_divinexx said:

seems like many are up against the female lead kekeke .. While others are concerned about the FL, I'm more anxious how the story goes and the camera anglings/how it shot, coz I feel like it has an impact on how I'd like a drama. I don't want to drop this but I'm certain I won't if it's not 20+ episodes, coz I have this habit of dropping a drama even if its really good but sometimes I continue after a while..... .Let's just not expect that much and let us be surprised if Yuri will do a good job :)  *fingers crossed*

I'm looking forward to the drama and to this thread :):) 

Your right whats done is done so maybe we will be surprised. I do the same thing w/dramas even if their good I have a habit of stopping towards the end and then finishing them later. 

@kysy thanks for checking out how many episode this one has. I like 16 too not too long and not too short.

@jongski I love J dramas too since they only have 12 episodes too. Lately I've been watching them on the weekends. I could not get into his last drama either but I've noticed sometimes it's hit or miss with Ji Sung's dramas

@chelleshawol It is nice to you in a thread again. We also have the same taste in music:D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, evie7 said:

Your right whats done is done so maybe we will be surprised. I do the same thing w/dramas even if their good I have a habit of stopping towards the end and then finishing them later. 

@kysy thanks for checking out how many episode this one has. I like 16 too not too long and not too short.

@jongski I love J dramas too since they only have 12 episodes too. Lately I've been watching them on the weekends. I could not get into his last drama either but I've noticed sometimes it's hit or miss with Ji Sung's dramas

@chelleshawol It is nice to you in a thread again. We also have the same taste in music:D

@evie7 Really? You're a shawol too? :w00t:

16 hours ago, chelleshawol said:

@evie7 Really? You're a shawol too? :w00t:

Oh yes chingu,

Spoiler

I'm waiting for my 1 of 1 repackage cd. I can't believe that SM would release this without another name like they last year with Odd and Married to The Music. 

22 hours ago, evie7 said:

Oh yes chingu,

Hide contents

I'm waiting for my 1 of 1 repackage cd. I can't believe that SM would release this without another name like they last year with Odd and Married to The Music. 

Oh my gosh same taste in dramas, same taste in music :D 

Ji Sung! looking dapper. I'll see his brilliant acting again. A role like this definitely suits him more than his last drama.. w/c I didn't watch..actually. :P

@xxbitter_divinexx yes! they're filming! thanks chingu for the updates for this drama! Gosh, all my fav dramas seems to be  in January! I'm excited..

@Berou and the all other chingus reading this. I just wanna share.. Ji Sung's intersection scene from SECRET  is one of my favs in all of my kdrama viewing history. I was in awe! Him laughing then crying then doing  in the middle of the intersection .. it's so damn good acting! And one of my fav drama in all my kdrama viewing history... Save The Last Dance For Me. such a classic love story! I'll  binge on his dramas again before this drama starts! :):wub:

On 11/26/2016 at 3:37 PM, Berou said:

JS and YSH have one thing in common: Jisung case is similar to YSH's one both are being neglected by the prestigious awards ceremonies ( Baeksang, Blue dragon awards, Grand bell awards, korea drama awards  etc.). i dont understand how Korea can be so blind and doesn't see their potential, they need to check their eyes. it's always the same people who are awarded.

It does make you wonder why either of them have not gotten any big recognition for their acting. I consider both of them 2 of the best actors around.

On 12/2/2016 at 7:51 AM, xxbitter_divinexx said:

oh btw saw this in insta while typing haha  .. they're filming :)   ... it'll be airing jan 16 2017 :)

Wow I'm getting excited. I'm not too worried about the neglect this drama is getting form SBS, the did the same thing to RDTK and it's at the top of the ratings. I just hope that the first 2 episodes are very compelling. If so I think people will stay tuned.

20 minutes ago, jongski said:

Ji Sung! looking dapper. I'll see his brilliant acting again. A role like this definitely suits him more than his last drama.. w/c I didn't watch..actually. :P

I was in the same boat w/his last drama but seeing him in that suit does give me some Secret vibes. crazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif I've noticed at times his dramas can be hit or miss I'm ready for this one to be a complete turn around from the last,

24 minutes ago, jongski said:

I just wanna share.. Ji Sung's intersection scene from SECRET  is one of my favs in all of my kdrama viewing history. I was in awe! Him laughing then crying then doing  in the middle of the intersection .. it's so damn good acting!

He was brilliant and sexy throughout that whole drama. The fact that he turned his character from that psycho in the first 4 episodes into a great leading character to me was no small feat. I just don't think any other actor could have pulled it off . I can't wait for 1-16-17 

@Berou Thank Youcrazy-monkey-emoticon-066.gif I just loved him in that drama and I might have to marathon that one again. This was the drama that I just got crazy over Ji Sung. I know that his character was far from #boyfriend/husbandgoals the type you would have to run away from in RL butcrazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif

Jisuuung!!! When I saw that the male lead would be Jisung I decided that I'm going to watch this k-drama! But then Kim Minsuk was confirmed too, and... omg, I want this k-drama to be really good please!!!

And @Berou thanks for the photos! He is too good!!

Btw, sorry for my bad english.

20 minutes ago, nyctocha said:

@Berou Thanks!!!!

Secret? I don't know this drama :o Is it okay? I really like Jisung's acting, but i hasn't seen a lot of him... 2 k-drama and a film, and I really love it! His acting is always on point. 

It is my favorite drama of his. It's a great drama. 

@Berou Thanks for those clips:wub: I'm so tempted to re watch again but it's already after nine and I know I will be up to at least 3am telling my self just one more episode:phew:

[translated knews article]

SIGNAL ENTER, SBS drama 'defendant' co-production 'Drama business capacity enhancement'

20161122002162_0.jpg 

The Segnal Entertainment Group will co-produce the drama 'The Defenders', produced by The Stories Works. Signall ENTER has been performing a wide range of activities such as Mnet 'Superstar K 2016', 'Show your voice' Season 3 'and JTBC' Take care of the refrigerator 'and established the movie production company, Has unfolded.Therefore, he expressed his intention to strengthen the drama business capability through co-production of the defendant. An official said, "In the drama sector, we introduce a resilient production system that utilizes co-production and self-production organically. We aim to expand our influence in the industry next year by developing good IP and strengthening our production capacity. "On the other hand, the 16-minute mini-series 'Defendant' is the writer Choi Su-jin who writes 'City Hunter' in January, 2017, co-writes with Choi Chang-hwan. Also, actors Ji Sung, Um Ki Jun, and Kwon Yul Lee are attracting public attention.

-hoping this drama would have the same turn out as RDTK *fingers crossed* .. the other drama is super hype up TT .. not interested tho coz I'm not into romance drama haha

I think that it will be difficult to fight against Hwarang... Hwarang is having a lot of hype, and there are a lot of people waiting for it... 

But it when this drama starts... Hwarang will be in the middle of their episodes (more or less), if I'm not wrong...

Think Secret vs Heirs.... it'll somehow gives us comfort. Heh.

What Defendant should  have against others....

Grit and passion and  emotional thrust- we'll have that. Just imagine character of Ji Sung is a man on death row.

Brilliant acting - which we'll get from Ji Sung.

High quality writing. Tone of the story. Scene by scene execution.

Good cinematography.  Good editing. Good BGM is always plus.

Good directing.  The totality of drama as a whole.

All these elements... this drama will be  critics choice.   However viewers will want to see a drama that has flowery  good looking young actors... so I'm resigned to the fact. Still....Ji Sung and excellent acting is synonymous so I'll be watching this.

18 hours ago, Berou said:

i prefer  not to judge quickly, i've seen countless dramas that were hyped but failed to follow the hype.the prime examples are Scarlet heart and uncontrollably fond. big stars, k pop idols, hot hunks, eye candy don't mean that the drama will hit the jackpot. for a drama to be successfull it needs a balance of the right ingredients:

- the right actors aka good ones

- good script

-good production

-good promotion

if the script is filled with holes and incoherent, the public won't buy it. 

Well, I wasn't trying to judge quickly, but since Hwarang has a good actor (Park Seo Joon), and others who are also known as a good actors, and for the previews that I have seen, it seems that it will be good. Btw, I don't think that we can compare this two dramas, since they hasn't a lot in common. 

And yes, Scarlet Heart and Uncontrollably Fond were too hyped, and a lot of fans were deceived, so I think it's better to don't have high hopes. 

15 hours ago, Berou said:

oh my god, i just found that jisung has an instagram account <3 . I'm going to stalk it hahaha. his daughter is really adorable ( how old is she?)

His daugther is too cute!!! He posted some photos of her, and I found her really cute! She is 1 year and a half (more or less), she is so lovely! 

On 12/5/2016 at 3:49 PM, jongski said:

Think Secret vs Heirs.... it'll somehow gives us comfort. Heh.

What Defendant should  have against others....

Grit and passion and  emotional thrust- we'll have that. Just imagine character of Ji Sung is a man on death row.

Brilliant acting - which we'll get from Ji Sung.

High quality writing. Tone of the story. Scene by scene execution.

Good cinematography.  Good editing. Good BGM is always plus.

Good directing.  The totality of drama as a whole.

All these elements... this drama will be  critics choice.   However viewers will want to see a drama that has flowery  good looking young actors... so I'm resigned to the fact. Still....Ji Sung and excellent acting is synonymous so I'll be watching this.

You can never tell what people will tune into but it will have an audience for the first week since it's following a popular drama. I just hope the first 2 episodes can just grab the audience.  Chingu  @nyctocha is right Scarlet Heart had a lot of flowery good looking actors but didn't grab the ratings.

Archived