Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

Recommended Posts

On 7/17/2017 at 1:14 PM, Prettysup said:

Here is a summary of eps 1-4 since the English subs are not out yet, hope it can be of some help to you guys who watched it raw. For those who understand Chinese, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

 

Eps 1-4 summary:

Opening scene we see the female lead (Feng Qingchen) who is a ‘trainee sorceress’ in her clan. She and her fellow disciples are having a match / test to vie for the positions of ‘executive sorceress’. They live on a sacred land which outsiders are not allowed, and they can fly as all sorceress in period dramas can. Then we see 2 Head Sorceress Xi Xie and Tao Yao with elaborate hairstyles who are overseeing the competition, both of them apparently mutually in love with each other.

Next we see the male lead (Yuan Ling) who is the 4th prince from the Wei Kingdom. His strong abilities to fight has earned himself the title of “God of war’. Every year they have a competition to snatch the bow which he wins again this year. His fellow brothers congratulate him though we can see that they are actually jealous of him, especially the 1st, 3rd and 9th prince. Only the 11th prince is on his side. There is also a 7th prince (Yuan Zhan) who feigns sickness to avoid joining the competition.

Having won the competition, the 4th prince advances to retrieve some prize together with the 11th prince. However they soon find out that it is a trap set up by the King to kill them. Being outnumbered, they soon got chased to the edge of a cliff, and the 4th prince declares that he will be the one to decide his own fate, then jumps off the cliff heroically. In the air, he got shot by an arrow.

Qingchen who is at the bottom of the cliff, sees him falling down (in slow motion) uses her power to further cushion his descent. She advises the unconscious prince to leave the sacred land since outsiders are not allowed. However after he grabs her hand and she changes her mind and takes him in to heal his injuries. Because of her superb herbs and his magical healing abilities , he recovers real fast though he feigns unconsciousness in the beginning until she threatens to use some weird power to cure him.

Then, in the process of hiding from her fellow clan members, Qingchen and Yuan Ling fall in love with each other at lightning speed. Probably a first love for both of them since Yuan Ling has been fighting wars since young and has not much time to appreciate the girls in the palace, and Qingchen having grown up in an all-girl clan has probably never seen guys much too (albeit a handsome one).  

Then we find out that sorceress clan is actually tasked to protect the royal family. And the current King is not Yuan Ling’s real father. He is actually his uncle who killed Yuan Ling’s real father in order to usurp the throne. After killing the father, he also forced his mother to become his concubine. However at that time, Yuan Ling’s mother was already pregnant with the late king’s son, so the sorceress clan used dark magic to delay the birth by 2 months in order to trick the current king into thinking that the baby Yuan Ling is his real son.

Somehow the King finds out recently that the son whom he loves the most (Yuan Ling) is not his real son and Yuan Ling also discovers his real birth identity. Xi Xie went to the palace to reach an agreement with the current King not kill Yuan Ling. Although the King agrees, he goes back on his words immediately and sends people to apprehend Yuan Ling. Then we see some spectacular fighting which I quite enjoyed, which Yuan Ling’s army fights against the King’s.

 Xi Xie got injured by some dark magic powers and they bring him back to the sacred land (later he died though, so sad). Qingchen decides to help Yuan Ling take back his rightful throne. So she uses her magic to take down all the guards outside the king’s room and Yuan Ling has a showdown with the current king. They use some decree left behind by the late king which allow the power to be passed to Yuan Ling. Yuan Ling decides to spare his uncle's life for the sake of the 11th prince, who is his real son.

Then we also see the 7th prince Yuan Zhan who has a dark magic sorceress helping him. For the past many years, the sorceress clan has not been able to identify a ‘Chief Sorceress’ so Tao Yao had been standing in. The reason is because Tao Yao and Xi Xie had been using 12 flowers magic to build a shield around Qingchen in order to prevent her ability from being revealed. Now today this dark magic sorceress destroys Qingchen’s protective shield.

 So Yuan Ling is now the king, and he declares that he wants to take Qingchen in as his queen. His advisor says that it is the norm for the Chief Sorceress to pick an auspicious date for the wedding. In 3 days’ time, the sorceress clan is having a ceremony to pick their Chief Sorceress, and Yuan Ling will witness the ceremony.

At the ceremony, since Qingchen’s shield is now destroyed, she got picked to be the Chief Sorceress naturally. But but but…. the rule is such that the Chief Sorceress is not allowed to be married into the royal family! Our hero Yuan Ling will not buy that though, he says that since he is the King, he sets the rule! Go man !!

But still he goes to meet Tao Yao, and asks for her permission to marry Qingchen. He declares that he is willing to give up 10 years of his life to marry her. Separately, Qingchen discusses with Tao Yao that since both she and Yuan Ling are the Yin and Yang stars respectivly, and one of them must die in order to protect the other, she is willing to sacrifice her life in order to protect him.

Going ahead, Yuan Ling sends a royal decree to remove Qingchen’s Chief Sorceress title, plus another one to declare her the Queen. Then Tao Yao tells Qingchen that in order to give up her title she has to go through a set of 6 tortures and death tests. Qingchen agrees readily, and Yuan Ling after getting wind of this matter, marches to the sorceress clan to demand for his Queen…..

 

Will you be doing the same thing for the rest of the episodes?

 

many thanks!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Elaine Lainey said:

Will you be doing the same thing for the rest of the episodes?

many thanks!!

 

I can continue to do this if you guys are interested, do let me know. Or maybe till the English subs catch up on DF

 

Eps 5-8 Summary :


Ok so we begin where we left off last week – basically our hero and heroine (Yuan Ling and Qingchen) are undergoing some tasks set by the sorceress clan to test their love for each other, which of course they pass eventually. So now Qingchen is free to leave her clan to marry the King.


On the wedding day, we see the handsome king and beautiful bride decked up prettily in red wedding gear. Before the wedding day though, Yuan Ling asks his father/uncle for his blessings but he refuses. Then on the way to the wedding ceremony while the father/uncle is being carried in a sedan, he receives a note saying “Father please ‘cheng-quan’ me, die” – that is a tricky word to translate, it can mean ‘give me your blessings’ or ‘help me to succeed’.


At the wedding ceremony, Yuan Ling assures Qingchen that he will spare all his subordinates who were against their marriage on her account so that she does not have to worry any more. Then fireworks are released in the sky. In the background we see 7th prince Yuan Zhan discussing with his people that they have already set up poisons at the test when Yuan Ling and Qingchen underwent earlier, and the fumes from the fireworks will trigger the poison.


Soon Yuan Zhan’s people starts attacking and Yuan Ling discovers that they have been poisoned. They start to fight and Yuan Ling orders his men to protect his father/uncle. However in the midst of fighting, the father/uncle walks towards Yuan Ling’s sword and pushes himself on it. Yuan Ling stares at him in shock and the father/uncle tells Yuan Ling that he is not ruthless enough. He should learn from his brother (7th prince Yuan Zhan) who is willing to sacrifice his own father in order to attain the throne (which means that the note he received earlier was from Yuan Zhan).


So now Yuan Zhan officially declares that Yuan Ling has murdered his own father and is not fit to be the king. Just when everything is in chaos, the sorceress clan’s chief Tao Yao arrives with some of her people. She asks Qingchen to activate the Ling-Long power using the 9 Ling-long stones in order to reverse the current situation since it will be terrible should the Wei Kingdom to fall into the hands of dark magic. So Qingchen activates the power and everything gets frozen in place. She kisses Yuan Ling goodbye although he cannot move but he is still aware of this and we can see it in his eyes. Next we see Qingchen battling a Ling-Long genie, who tells her that she is not allowed to tell anyone about the past. 


Ok now we have entered the ‘second realm’: Qingchen appears alone in a place very much different from the previous. She sees the home of her clan in ruins with no one in sight. She walks to the streets and discovers she has gone back one year in time. The people tell her that her clan has been ostracized and the king is rounding up all her clan’s people as slaves.


Qingchen meets her clan people and gets prisoned together as a slave as well. Then we see Yuan Ling (who does not recognize her) is there disguised as a merchant to buy slaves for his business. Actually he knows her clan people are innocent but he cannot go against the king’s orders openly hence the need for disguise.


Long story short, the clan slaves get released with the help of Yuan Ling, and Qingchen helps them to get their magical powers back (which had been deactivated earlier by drinking some special drinks given by the soldiers). However she is too weak after using her powers so she sent her clan people ahead to help Yuan Ling when she foresees that he will be in danger. Then she disguised herself as a Liang kingdom’s soldier.


On a side-story, we see that the 7th prince Yuan Zhan has been sent by his mother to marry the princess from the Ah-Chai clan. Her father gets an assassination attempt by someone from the Liang kingdom who is trying to sow discord between the Wei kingdom and the Ah-Chai clan. We also learn that the 5th and 7th princes have the same mother, and she is secretly trying to help one of her sons ascend the throne.


After reaching his army camp, Yuan Ling soon discovers that his guys have been attacked by the Liang kingdom’s army, and his 5th brother whom he has left in charge has disappeared. As he sets off with his 11th brother, they meet Qingchen who was tied to the ground by her fellow clan members as they distrust her.


Yuan Ling and his brother bring Qingchen to a secret hide-out hut to interrogate her, asking whether she is a spy from the Liang kingdom. In the midst however, Yuan Ling faints from a poison he suffered earlier and as Qingchen nurses him, they have some cute bantering moments. Eg when Qingchen praises Yuan Ling’s superb physique, he asks her to kill him instead haha… he is so shy. She even undresses him and places him in a hot spring in order to purge the poison, and he teases her that she is ‘testing his limits’ everytime she treats him. Even the 11th prince who went out earlier to source for the antidote is surprised at the progress of their relationship. Qingchen tells Yuan Ling that because of the butterfly power which she uses to heal him, they are now ‘tied together’ in body, ie when she pricks her finger, he gets blood on his finger too. And she warns him against his 5th brother, whom he suspects to be the one who poisoned him earlier.


Then the Liang kingdom’s general sent some soldiers to attack them at their hide-out and Qingchen gets captured. She sent a secret message to Yuan Ling by pricking her own finger. The Liang general wants to meet Yuan Ling alone for a fight. However as Yuan Ling arrives alone to rescue Qingchen, it is actually a trap set up by the general. Many soldiers appear and although our hero Yuan Ling is a superb fighter, he gets outnumbered eventually. The general shoots many arrows and injures Yuan Ling, then he goes in for the final kill and pierces his sword through Yuan Ling.


End

Ok this being the 8th episode only, I know it is impossible for our hero to die at this stage. But it is still agonizing to wait for one whole week after the cliffhanger…. Arrghhhhhhhh….


And in this second realm we see more of the relationship build-up between our 2 leads, which may feel little rushed in the first realm. It is cute to see the way they bicker with each other.
 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

 

I can continue to do this if you guys are interested, do let me know. Or maybe till the English subs catch up on DF

 

Eps 5-8 Summary :


Ok so we begin where we left off last week – basically our hero and heroine (Yuan Ling and Qingchen) are undergoing some tasks set by the sorceress clan to test their love for each other, which of course they pass eventually. So now Qingchen is free to leave her clan to marry the King.


On the wedding day, we see the handsome king and beautiful bride decked up prettily in red wedding gear. Before the wedding day though, Yuan Ling asks his father/uncle for his blessings but he refuses. Then on the way to the wedding ceremony while the father/uncle is being carried in a sedan, he receives a note saying “Father please ‘cheng-quan’ me, die” – that is a tricky word to translate, it can mean ‘give me your blessings’ or ‘help me to succeed’.


At the wedding ceremony, Yuan Ling assures Qingchen that he will spare all his subordinates who were against their marriage on her account so that she does not have to worry any more. Then fireworks are released in the sky. In the background we see 7th prince Yuan Zhan discussing with his people that they have already set up poisons at the test when Yuan Ling and Qingchen underwent earlier, and the fumes from the fireworks will trigger the poison.


Soon Yuan Zhan’s people starts attacking and Yuan Ling discovers that they have been poisoned. They start to fight and Yuan Ling orders his men to protect his father/uncle. However in the midst of fighting, the father/uncle walks towards Yuan Ling’s sword and pushes himself on it. Yuan Ling stares at him in shock and the father/uncle tells Yuan Ling that he is not ruthless enough. He should learn from his brother (7th prince Yuan Zhan) who is willing to sacrifice his own father in order to attain the throne (which means that the note he received earlier was from Yuan Zhan).


So now Yuan Zhan officially declares that Yuan Ling has murdered his own father and is not fit to be the king. Just when everything is in chaos, the sorceress clan’s chief Tao Yao arrives with some of her people. She asks Qingchen to activate the Ling-Long power using the 9 Ling-long stones in order to reverse the current situation since it will be terrible should the Wei Kingdom to fall into the hands of dark magic. So Qingchen activates the power and everything gets frozen in place. She kisses Yuan Ling goodbye although he cannot move but he is still aware of this and we can see it in his eyes. Next we see Qingchen battling a Ling-Long genie, who tells her that she is not allowed to tell anyone about the past. 


Ok now we have entered the ‘second realm’: Qingchen appears alone in a place very much different from the previous. She sees the home of her clan in ruins with no one in sight. She walks to the streets and discovers she has gone back one year in time. The people tell her that her clan has been ostracized and the king is rounding up all her clan’s people as slaves.


Qingchen meets her clan people and gets prisoned together as a slave as well. Then we see Yuan Ling (who does not recognize her) is there disguised as a merchant to buy slaves for his business. Actually he knows her clan people are innocent but he cannot go against the king’s orders openly hence the need for disguise.


Long story short, the clan slaves get released with the help of Yuan Ling, and Qingchen helps them to get their magical powers back (which had been deactivated earlier by drinking some special drinks given by the soldiers). However she is too weak after using her powers so she sent her clan people ahead to help Yuan Ling when she foresees that he will be in danger. Then she disguised herself as a Liang kingdom’s soldier.


On a side-story, we see that the 7th prince Yuan Zhan has been sent by his mother to marry the princess from the Ah-Chai clan. Her father gets an assassination attempt by someone from the Liang kingdom who is trying to sow discord between the Wei kingdom and the Ah-Chai clan. We also learn that the 5th and 7th princes have the same mother, and she is secretly trying to help one of her sons ascend the throne.


After reaching his army camp, Yuan Ling soon discovers that his guys have been attacked by the Liang kingdom’s army, and his 5th brother whom he has left in charge has disappeared. As he sets off with his 11th brother, they meet Qingchen who was tied to the ground by her fellow clan members as they distrust her.


Yuan Ling and his brother bring Qingchen to a secret hide-out hut to interrogate her, asking whether she is a spy from the Liang kingdom. In the midst however, Yuan Ling faints from a poison he suffered earlier and as Qingchen nurses him, they have some cute bantering moments. Eg when Qingchen praises Yuan Ling’s superb physique, he asks her to kill him instead haha… he is so shy. She even undresses him and places him in a hot spring in order to purge the poison, and he teases her that she is ‘testing his limits’ everytime she treats him. Even the 11th prince who went out earlier to source for the antidote is surprised at the progress of their relationship. Qingchen tells Yuan Ling that because of the butterfly power which she uses to heal him, they are now ‘tied together’ in body, ie when she pricks her finger, he gets blood on his finger too. And she warns him against his 5th brother, whom he suspects to be the one who poisoned him earlier.


Then the Liang kingdom’s general sent some soldiers to attack them at their hide-out and Qingchen gets captured. She sent a secret message to Yuan Ling by pricking her own finger. The Liang general wants to meet Yuan Ling alone for a fight. However as Yuan Ling arrives alone to rescue Qingchen, it is actually a trap set up by the general. Many soldiers appear and although our hero Yuan Ling is a superb fighter, he gets outnumbered eventually. The general shoots many arrows and injures Yuan Ling, then he goes in for the final kill and pierces his sword through Yuan Ling.


End

Ok this being the 8th episode only, I know it is impossible for our hero to die at this stage. But it is still agonizing to wait for one whole week after the cliffhanger…. Arrghhhhhhhh….


And in this second realm we see more of the relationship build-up between our 2 leads, which may feel little rushed in the first realm. It is cute to see the way they bicker with each other.
 

Many thanks!! I'm totally interested if you're keen on doing this!! Even if you do 1-2 chapters/episodes a week of recap!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Elaine Lainey said:

Many thanks!! I'm totally interested if you're keen on doing this!! Even if you do 1-2 chapters/episodes a week of recap!!

 

Haha you are welcomed. I am not a stickler for details so I don't think I will be doing more in-depth recaps, but I  think some blogs will be doing them once the English subs are out. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Prettysup said:

 

I can continue to do this if you guys are interested, do let me know. Or maybe till the English subs catch up on DF

 

Eps 5-8 Summary :


Ok so we begin where we left off last week – basically our hero and heroine (Yuan Ling and Qingchen) are undergoing some tasks set by the sorceress clan to test their love for each other, which of course they pass eventually. So now Qingchen is free to leave her clan to marry the King.


On the wedding day, we see the handsome king and beautiful bride decked up prettily in red wedding gear. Before the wedding day though, Yuan Ling asks his father/uncle for his blessings but he refuses. Then on the way to the wedding ceremony while the father/uncle is being carried in a sedan, he receives a note saying “Father please ‘cheng-quan’ me, die” – that is a tricky word to translate, it can mean ‘give me your blessings’ or ‘help me to succeed’.


At the wedding ceremony, Yuan Ling assures Qingchen that he will spare all his subordinates who were against their marriage on her account so that she does not have to worry any more. Then fireworks are released in the sky. In the background we see 7th prince Yuan Zhan discussing with his people that they have already set up poisons at the test when Yuan Ling and Qingchen underwent earlier, and the fumes from the fireworks will trigger the poison.


Soon Yuan Zhan’s people starts attacking and Yuan Ling discovers that they have been poisoned. They start to fight and Yuan Ling orders his men to protect his father/uncle. However in the midst of fighting, the father/uncle walks towards Yuan Ling’s sword and pushes himself on it. Yuan Ling stares at him in shock and the father/uncle tells Yuan Ling that he is not ruthless enough. He should learn from his brother (7th prince Yuan Zhan) who is willing to sacrifice his own father in order to attain the throne (which means that the note he received earlier was from Yuan Zhan).


So now Yuan Zhan officially declares that Yuan Ling has murdered his own father and is not fit to be the king. Just when everything is in chaos, the sorceress clan’s chief Tao Yao arrives with some of her people. She asks Qingchen to activate the Ling-Long power using the 9 Ling-long stones in order to reverse the current situation since it will be terrible should the Wei Kingdom to fall into the hands of dark magic. So Qingchen activates the power and everything gets frozen in place. She kisses Yuan Ling goodbye although he cannot move but he is still aware of this and we can see it in his eyes. Next we see Qingchen battling a Ling-Long genie, who tells her that she is not allowed to tell anyone about the past. 


Ok now we have entered the ‘second realm’: Qingchen appears alone in a place very much different from the previous. She sees the home of her clan in ruins with no one in sight. She walks to the streets and discovers she has gone back one year in time. The people tell her that her clan has been ostracized and the king is rounding up all her clan’s people as slaves.


Qingchen meets her clan people and gets prisoned together as a slave as well. Then we see Yuan Ling (who does not recognize her) is there disguised as a merchant to buy slaves for his business. Actually he knows her clan people are innocent but he cannot go against the king’s orders openly hence the need for disguise.


Long story short, the clan slaves get released with the help of Yuan Ling, and Qingchen helps them to get their magical powers back (which had been deactivated earlier by drinking some special drinks given by the soldiers). However she is too weak after using her powers so she sent her clan people ahead to help Yuan Ling when she foresees that he will be in danger. Then she disguised herself as a Liang kingdom’s soldier.


On a side-story, we see that the 7th prince Yuan Zhan has been sent by his mother to marry the princess from the Ah-Chai clan. Her father gets an assassination attempt by someone from the Liang kingdom who is trying to sow discord between the Wei kingdom and the Ah-Chai clan. We also learn that the 5th and 7th princes have the same mother, and she is secretly trying to help one of her sons ascend the throne.


After reaching his army camp, Yuan Ling soon discovers that his guys have been attacked by the Liang kingdom’s army, and his 5th brother whom he has left in charge has disappeared. As he sets off with his 11th brother, they meet Qingchen who was tied to the ground by her fellow clan members as they distrust her.


Yuan Ling and his brother bring Qingchen to a secret hide-out hut to interrogate her, asking whether she is a spy from the Liang kingdom. In the midst however, Yuan Ling faints from a poison he suffered earlier and as Qingchen nurses him, they have some cute bantering moments. Eg when Qingchen praises Yuan Ling’s superb physique, he asks her to kill him instead haha… he is so shy. She even undresses him and places him in a hot spring in order to purge the poison, and he teases her that she is ‘testing his limits’ everytime she treats him. Even the 11th prince who went out earlier to source for the antidote is surprised at the progress of their relationship. Qingchen tells Yuan Ling that because of the butterfly power which she uses to heal him, they are now ‘tied together’ in body, ie when she pricks her finger, he gets blood on his finger too. And she warns him against his 5th brother, whom he suspects to be the one who poisoned him earlier.


Then the Liang kingdom’s general sent some soldiers to attack them at their hide-out and Qingchen gets captured. She sent a secret message to Yuan Ling by pricking her own finger. The Liang general wants to meet Yuan Ling alone for a fight. However as Yuan Ling arrives alone to rescue Qingchen, it is actually a trap set up by the general. Many soldiers appear and although our hero Yuan Ling is a superb fighter, he gets outnumbered eventually. The general shoots many arrows and injures Yuan Ling, then he goes in for the final kill and pierces his sword through Yuan Ling.


End

Ok this being the 8th episode only, I know it is impossible for our hero to die at this stage. But it is still agonizing to wait for one whole week after the cliffhanger…. Arrghhhhhhhh….


And in this second realm we see more of the relationship build-up between our 2 leads, which may feel little rushed in the first realm. It is cute to see the way they bicker with each other.
 

@Prettysup   Thank you friends for the translation 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/07/2017 at 3:09 AM, fluffychim1013 said:

omggg 5 episodes in, already overthrown the throne twice. this drama sure is moving fast. also, why did the director cast two male leads who look so similar?? it's super distracting.

I know right? I can't tell these two apart unless I look at their headpiece, or when the servants address them as 'Bi Xia' for emperor ( in the later episodes), and 'Dian Xia ' for Prince Zhan. I'm not familiar with these two actors - are they famous for looking alike in China?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many many thanks to @prettysup for your translations.  It is a shame only 4 episodes a week. Hence it will take three months for the drama to finish airing :{  

I also think William Chan and Joe Xu resembles each other a lot. I am wondering whyy the director choose Joe xu as the second male lead. I  like William Chan acting here.  

Does anybody notice that the kissing between William and Liu shi shi is only  simply touching lips  (lol) and nothing really deep or special (perhaps  because Lss is married and hubby sometimes visit them on set).  Lol . I also watch 3 lives 3 world and the kiss were really much more intense (same director for these two dramas).

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Subs are out on Dramafever !

Thanks. And a big thank you for the recaps. I like this so far...its filmed so beautifully....the CGI for magic scenes is also done well. The music is good. The fight scenes are superb. I got goosebumps in epi 2 when Ling Wang rebels and calls out Xuan Jia Jun, where are you.....or something like that....  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts after the first 8 ... not bad but not great either, the rushed development from the first time phase from eps1-5 was neither satisfying nor convincing, that their love was THAT deep both would defy their respective clan/kingdom to be with each other. Makes the sacrifices on both ends seem forced or needless... They just kinda declared their love for each other and it's like "huh?". I'm not a reader of the novel, and perhaps events prior to the time reset are a "backdrop" that don't need more glossing over, but speaking purely from a drama watchers' pov is how I feel. 

Cecilia Liu and William Chan are probably one of the most VISUALLY compatible OTPs I've seen in awhile, but man is he limited/rigid as an actor and it shows.  He can command charisma easily due to his looks, just wish he utilizes more of it beyond staring intently. 

Also can any novel reader clarify Joe Xu's role here? is he supposed to be the second lead or something who falls for Qingchen?   Reading the synopsis on characters and is it just me but the drama 7th prince (Joe Xu) sounds NOTHING like the book version. He's described as someone not interested in politics yet he's the mastermind who orchestrated the events in the first time phase..not to mention relentlessly used QC in the first time phase, unless fate or personalities can change THAT much after the time reset.  This is so confusing 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dito said:

Thanks. And a big thank you for the recaps. I like this so far...its filmed so beautifully....the CGI for magic scenes is also done well. The music is good. The fight scenes are superb. I got goosebumps in epi 2 when Ling Wang rebels and calls out Xuan Jia Jun, where are you.....or something like that....  

Yeah that Xuan Jia Jun line was good - especially when he said it after "I can die, but none of my brothers can be one less! " ..  Totally epic !

11 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Many many thanks to @prettysup for your translations.  It is a shame only 4 episodes a week. Hence it will take three months for the drama to finish airing :{  

I also think William Chan and Joe Xu resembles each other a lot. I am wondering whyy the director choose Joe xu as the second male lead. I  like William Chan acting here.  

I dont think anyone realised their resemblance until they had the same hairstyle and same make-up lol ... Luckily Joe changed his hairstyle after ep 5

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

Also can any novel reader clarify Joe Xu's role here? is he supposed to be the second lead or something who falls for Qingchen?   Reading the synopsis on characters and is it just me but the drama 7th prince (Joe Xu) sounds NOTHING like the book version. He's described as someone not interested in politics yet he's the mastermind who orchestrated the events in the first time phase..not to mention relentlessly used QC in the first time phase, unless fate or personalities can change THAT much after the time reset.  This is so confusing 

I think we can forget about the novel, as far as I know, apart from the title and the characters names, most of the stuff has been changed entirely.

5 hours ago, MissRenxx said:

I was so excited to watch it on Dramafever until it said it wasn't available in my country 

If it is any consolation to you, DF is not available in my country either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I think we can forget about the novel, as far as I know, apart from the title and the characters names, most of the stuff has been changed entirely.

If it is any consolation to you, DF is not available in my country either.

 

 

I started reading the novel on Google translate....and the story was totally different. There's no magic in the book....except for the transmigration of souls....kind of felt boring after Ling Wang and Qing Chen got separated....and she didn't even know who he was...she came to look for him while he went off to war. I stopped reading after that....I found the drama more interesting.

Spoiler

If you want to watch on DF....try using Opera browser. It has inbuilt VPN. If you activate it, it will hide your location. You can change your location to US or canada,etc

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

Thoughts after the first 8 ... not bad but not great either, the rushed development from the first time phase from eps1-5 was neither satisfying nor convincing, that their love was THAT deep both would defy their respective clan/kingdom to be with each other. Makes the sacrifices on both ends seem forced or needless... They just kinda declared their love for each other and it's like "huh?". I'm not a reader of the novel, and perhaps events prior to the time reset are a "backdrop" that don't need more glossing over, but speaking purely from a drama watchers' pov is how I feel. 

Cecilia Liu and William Chan are probably one of the most VISUALLY compatible OTPs I've seen in awhile, but man is he limited/rigid as an actor and it shows.  He can command charisma easily due to his looks, just wish he utilizes more of it beyond staring intently. 

Also can any novel reader clarify Joe Xu's role here? is he supposed to be the second lead or something who falls for Qingchen?   Reading the synopsis on characters and is it just me but the drama 7th prince (Joe Xu) sounds NOTHING like the book version. He's described as someone not interested in politics yet he's the mastermind who orchestrated the events in the first time phase..not to mention relentlessly used QC in the first time phase, unless fate or personalities can change THAT much after the time reset.  This is so confusing 

 

 

I agree! The romance was so rushed... how can they fall in love within two episodes? What madness. 

I find the OTP lacking in the acting department after watching two episodes.. shall I continue? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dito said:

 

I started reading the novel on Google translate....and the story was totally different. There's no magic in the book....except for the transmigration of souls....kind of felt boring after Ling Wang and Qing Chen got separated....and she didn't even know who he was...she came to look for him while he went off to war. I stopped reading after that....I found the drama more interesting.

  Hide contents

If you want to watch on DF....try using Opera browser. It has inbuilt VPN. If you activate it, it will hide your location. You can change your location to US or canada,etc

 

Woohoo thanks for the tip! I will try it out.

3 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I agree! The romance was so rushed... how can they fall in love within two episodes? What madness. 

I find the OTP lacking in the acting department after watching two episodes.. shall I continue? 

Yes you should continue, their chemistry will surface in ep 7-8 !

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I agree! The romance was so rushed... how can they fall in love within two episodes? What madness. 

I find the OTP lacking in the acting department after watching two episodes.. shall I continue? 

 

         It's not impossible to develop romance within two episodes, but the way it was executed made it feel flat and rushed. For example, in the director's other drama this year - Eternal Love, the OTP there also fell in love (and got married) within 2 episodes yet you see an actual love story in the making and as audience, you are sold on this rapid development of a deep romance. 

   Like how did they even fall in love? What did they see in each other?  And suddenly they are so crazy about each other they'd go against their people and everything they previously lived their whole life for to be with the other. Oh wellll 

 The acting definitely isn't the strongest in the drama, but usually with longer dramas they do get better and so does the chemistry. But yes I can see the leads improving as the eps go on, and from ep 8 their scenes also getting much better 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

 

         It's not impossible to develop romance within two episodes, but the way it was executed made it feel flat and rushed. For example, in the director's other drama this year - Eternal Love, the OTP there also fell in love (and got married) within 2 episodes yet you see an actual love story in the making and as audience, you are sold on this rapid development of a deep romance. 

   Like how did they even fall in love? What did they see in each other?  And suddenly they are so crazy about each other they'd go against their people and everything they previously lived their whole life for to be with the other. Oh wellll 

 The acting definitely isn't the strongest in the drama, but usually with longer dramas they do get better and so does the chemistry. But yes I can see the leads improving as the eps go on, and from ep 8 their scenes also getting much better 

The otp in Eternal Love 2017 definitely sold me as a viewer. hehehee. I am om that thread! 

I think this drama just needed to get on with the second phase hence the romantic progression.

On 7/25/2017 at 4:28 AM, valerie86 said:

Many many thanks to @prettysup for your translations.  It is a shame only 4 episodes a week. Hence it will take three months for the drama to finish airing :{  

I also think William Chan and Joe Xu resembles each other a lot. I am wondering whyy the director choose Joe xu as the second male lead. I  like William Chan acting here.  

Does anybody notice that the kissing between William and Liu shi shi is only  simply touching lips  (lol) and nothing really deep or special (perhaps  because Lss is married and hubby sometimes visit them on set).  Lol . I also watch 3 lives 3 world and the kiss were really much more intense (same director for these two dramas).

You want to see kissing, see the Eternal Love 2017. Very romantic there. Makes this ahjumma giggle

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can any kind soul please tell me where can I watch this drama with English sub. Dramafever doesn't work in my country. Thanks in advance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...