[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone has read the novel of this...but this drama adaptation differs so much...not in a good way either. Trying so hard to watch it as a set alone drama. I'm just hoping it moves away from the cliche plot line. Had so much anticipation for this to come out and while it is isn't awful, 4 episodes in, I'm not finding it a great drama. Luckily it has a pretty good cast. 

5 hours ago, meifang89 said:

Does anyone know this drama rating? Is it low? Because still no one sub it unlike Princess Agents :confused:

TV ratings will only be out on Monday coz China side doesn't provide tv ratings on weekends. However online ratings have already surpassed 300 million views just 35 hours after airing, so it is not low.

006uUeYKly1fhkehtx47qj315o224hdu.jpg

On 15/07/2017 at 1:30 AM, Prettysup said:

TV ratings will only be out on Monday coz China side doesn't provide tv ratings on weekends. However online ratings have already surpassed 300 million views just 35 hours after airing, so it is not low.

Thank you for the reply :) 3W3L also more or less have same rating views right? Hm... If it's not low hope the sub will be out soon -_-

I have watched the first eps raw..and have to say that I really like the figting scene in ep 2..the sword fighting didn´t look too constructed/artificial and also not so "flowery" like in some other dramas..and the OST was also fitting for the scene...

I haven´t read the novel as I haven´t found an English translation yet...but I would probably wait reading until the drama is finished...I made mistake reading the novel before watching "General and I" and was constantly comparing and oftentimes ranting until I was able to watch it as something unrelated to the novel...

I really hope some kind soul with sub this..as I haven´t understood a lot of what is going on.

15 hours ago, Asgarla said:

I have watched the first eps raw..and have to say that I really like the figting scene in ep 2..the sword fighting didn´t look too constructed/artificial and also not so "flowery" like in some other dramas..and the OST was also fitting for the scene...

I haven´t read the novel as I haven´t found an English translation yet...but I would probably wait reading until the drama is finished...I made mistake reading the novel before watching "General and I" and was constantly comparing and oftentimes ranting until I was able to watch it as something unrelated to the novel...

I really hope some kind soul with sub this..as I haven´t understood a lot of what is going on.

Yes I love the fighting scenes too, William has mentioned that he tries to do his own stunts as much as possible so I think it is more realistic this way.

As for the novel I have only read parts of it, and I think they have made quite a lot of changes for the drama version since time travel concept is now not allowed on Chinese TV. I try not to read too much too as I do not want to keep comparing or be spoiled about the plot.

Here is a summary of eps 1-4 since the English subs are not out yet, hope it can be of some help to you guys who watched it raw. For those who understand Chinese, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Eps 1-4 summary:

Opening scene we see the female lead (Feng Qingchen) who is a ‘trainee sorceress’ in her clan. She and her fellow disciples are having a match / test to vie for the positions of ‘executive sorceress’. They live on a sacred land which outsiders are not allowed, and they can fly as all sorceress in period dramas can. Then we see 2 Head Sorceress Xi Xie and Tao Yao with elaborate hairstyles who are overseeing the competition, both of them apparently mutually in love with each other.

Next we see the male lead (Yuan Ling) who is the 4th prince from the Wei Kingdom. His strong abilities to fight has earned himself the title of “God of war’. Every year they have a competition to snatch the bow which he wins again this year. His fellow brothers congratulate him though we can see that they are actually jealous of him, especially the 1st, 3rd and 9th prince. Only the 11th prince is on his side. There is also a 7th prince (Yuan Zhan) who feigns sickness to avoid joining the competition.

Having won the competition, the 4th prince advances to retrieve some prize together with the 11th prince. However they soon find out that it is a trap set up by the King to kill them. Being outnumbered, they soon got chased to the edge of a cliff, and the 4th prince declares that he will be the one to decide his own fate, then jumps off the cliff heroically. In the air, he got shot by an arrow.

Qingchen who is at the bottom of the cliff, sees him falling down (in slow motion) uses her power to further cushion his descent. She advises the unconscious prince to leave the sacred land since outsiders are not allowed. However after he grabs her hand and she changes her mind and takes him in to heal his injuries. Because of her superb herbs and his magical healing abilities , he recovers real fast though he feigns unconsciousness in the beginning until she threatens to use some weird power to cure him.

Then, in the process of hiding from her fellow clan members, Qingchen and Yuan Ling fall in love with each other at lightning speed. Probably a first love for both of them since Yuan Ling has been fighting wars since young and has not much time to appreciate the girls in the palace, and Qingchen having grown up in an all-girl clan has probably never seen guys much too (albeit a handsome one).  

Then we find out that sorceress clan is actually tasked to protect the royal family. And the current King is not Yuan Ling’s real father. He is actually his uncle who killed Yuan Ling’s real father in order to usurp the throne. After killing the father, he also forced his mother to become his concubine. However at that time, Yuan Ling’s mother was already pregnant with the late king’s son, so the sorceress clan used dark magic to delay the birth by 2 months in order to trick the current king into thinking that the baby Yuan Ling is his real son.

Somehow the King finds out recently that the son whom he loves the most (Yuan Ling) is not his real son and Yuan Ling also discovers his real birth identity. Xi Xie went to the palace to reach an agreement with the current King not kill Yuan Ling. Although the King agrees, he goes back on his words immediately and sends people to apprehend Yuan Ling. Then we see some spectacular fighting which I quite enjoyed, which Yuan Ling’s army fights against the King’s.

Xi Xie got injured by some dark magic powers and they bring him back to the sacred land (later he died though, so sad). Qingchen decides to help Yuan Ling take back his rightful throne. So she uses her magic to take down all the guards outside the king’s room and Yuan Ling has a showdown with the current king. They use some decree left behind by the late king which allow the power to be passed to Yuan Ling. Yuan Ling decides to spare his uncle's life for the sake of the 11th prince, who is his real son.

Then we also see the 7th prince Yuan Zhan who has a dark magic sorceress helping him. For the past many years, the sorceress clan has not been able to identify a ‘Chief Sorceress’ so Tao Yao had been standing in. The reason is because Tao Yao and Xi Xie had been using 12 flowers magic to build a shield around Qingchen in order to prevent her ability from being revealed. Now today this dark magic sorceress destroys Qingchen’s protective shield.

So Yuan Ling is now the king, and he declares that he wants to take Qingchen in as his queen. His advisor says that it is the norm for the Chief Sorceress to pick an auspicious date for the wedding. In 3 days’ time, the sorceress clan is having a ceremony to pick their Chief Sorceress, and Yuan Ling will witness the ceremony.

At the ceremony, since Qingchen’s shield is now destroyed, she got picked to be the Chief Sorceress naturally. But but but…. the rule is such that the Chief Sorceress is not allowed to be married into the royal family! Our hero Yuan Ling will not buy that though, he says that since he is the King, he sets the rule! Go man !!

But still he goes to meet Tao Yao, and asks for her permission to marry Qingchen. He declares that he is willing to give up 10 years of his life to marry her. Separately, Qingchen discusses with Tao Yao that since both she and Yuan Ling are the Yin and Yang stars respectivly, and one of them must die in order to protect the other, she is willing to sacrifice her life in order to protect him.

Going ahead, Yuan Ling sends a royal decree to remove Qingchen’s Chief Sorceress title, plus another one to declare her the Queen. Then Tao Yao tells Qingchen that in order to give up her title she has to go through a set of 6 tortures and death tests. Qingchen agrees readily, and Yuan Ling after getting wind of this matter, marches to the sorceress clan to demand for his Queen…..

8 hours ago, darknesskissed said:

If I'm not mistaken they have a happy ending, even the child will be according to the novel.

Thx a lot! :lol: Now I can fully enjoy watching this drama :)

@Prettysup You're so kind for writing this summary for us. Thank you so much! :wub: I like Yuan Ling personality, he's so brave and determined nothing can stop him to marry Qingchen :D Btw I feel such a waste Xi Xie died too early, I have expectation of him and Tao Yao as second lead cp :(

46 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

@Prettysup You're so kind for writing this summary for us. Thank you so much! :wub: I like Yuan Ling personality, he's so brave and determined nothing can stop him to marry Qingchen :D Btw I feel such a waste Xi Xie died too early, I have expectation of him and Tao Yao as second lead cp :(

I was quite surprised he died so early too, but then we will be going into the 'second realm' soon - so maybe he will be revived there ?? 

And yes I love Yuan Ling too, come on he is the King! Who cares about those man-made rules? I am the King, I make the rules !! Haha... so stylo..

21 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I was quite surprised he died so early too, but then we will be going into the 'second realm' soon - so maybe he will be revived there ?? 

And yes I love Yuan Ling too, come on he is the King! Who cares about those man-made rules? I am the King, I make the rules !! Haha... so stylo..

Second realm? You mean Qingchen's time reversal? :o

Right! He's unlike usual King in drama who's bound by the rules or family or officials :unamused: Go Yuan Ling! Bulldoze your way! :lol:

Where's ep 5 btw it's been 3 days?! :confused:

Archived