[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

51 minutes ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

from what I read from other site.. is not DX that they hate... it seem the actress that play DX give such a bad impression of the 3 wheel in the other drama.. that effect their feeling of DX the character....  My perspective like you see nothing wrong with a pat on the head or the back hug..... that pat YL seem to do that to almost everyone.. He did that to YZ at the end of the episode..just as with 11th prince and Caiqian.. I guess that his show of brotherly affection.. while with QC.. his hand is on her cheek...Oh well.. each viewer have their own way of thinking.....

LLiT is over.. hopefully if they release the DVD they will extend and included the arch that QC return to the 1st time line to get rid of minster Feng.. for his is the root of evil.. 

Oh I haven't watched her other drama, this is the first drama I see her and I find her quite good.

So did all of them return to the first timeline in the end?Ido not think so, coz all of them retained their memories.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming to the defense of my boo here, sorry guys!

I never get second lead syndrome, ever - for all the Korean and Chinese dramas I've ever watched, it has never happened except for Yuan Zhan. I love him, I really do but maybe thats just me - we're all different and have different taste, its all different for each of us. And maybe because I wasn't expecting that tenderness and love from him after the first timeline, it just evolved unexpectedly. 

I loved that he cared for everyone, not just himself - his mother, Ling, Qing Chen, Silly Che, Cai Qian and the list goes on. He tried to help everyone even when they thought he was doing it out of evil intent but he wasn't. He was intelligent, soft, affectionate and he used his intelligence to help others as well. I also loved that he loves Qing Chen, loves her enough to just want her to be safe and happy - didn't he? He knew she loves Ling and everything she did was for him, and yet he loves her enough to help her with almost everything she did for Ling. He never went evil and to malicious lengths to separate her and Ling, rather he did the opposite for them - he even sent her to Ling during the war assuming Ling could protect her better. I feel that is true love and that he did deserve her, even if she did not love him that way.

He's the second lead though so he was never meant for Qing Chen, only Ling was meant for her - I get it, that is the tragedy of being the second male lead. But I still love Zhan, for who he is and his heart! 

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Oh I haven't watched her other drama, this is the first drama I see her and I find her quite good.

So did all of them return to the first timeline in the end?Ido not think so, coz all of them retained their memories.

The actress Maggie huang also play  evil character in 10 miles peach blossom(3 live 3 world) as Su Jin .  lots of ppl hate Su Jin as she cause Yang Mi character to become blind and suicide etc ..  

She is really pretty  . But just havent found the nice role yet.  Hopefully next year.

I guess in the final episode YUan zhan still remember QC..  =)

21 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Love the ending , esp the scene when YL hug QC after she did something probably eliminated her mage's power in the forest, :ph34r: need sub to clarify

Yeah she sort of erased everything related to the mages, thats why all the mages disciples were dismissed and asked to lead separate lives. No more mages after that.

43 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

The actress Maggie huang also play  evil character in 10 miles peach blossom(3 live 3 world) as Su Jin .  lots of ppl hate Su Jin as she cause Yang Mi character to become blind and suicide etc ..  

Yang Mi is also her boss, i would want to make my boss blind too ahahhaha, Maggie plays he role really well, and im really proud of her

16 hours ago, Sendhy said:

Can someone translate this page for me? I don't understand chinese at all https://m.weibo.cn/status/FoaDkcmYk?luicode=20000061&lfid=4157607502948244

If I'm not mistake, there is a post in youtube that the production cut a lot scene in the end. YZ giving his stone to make the main couple could get merried. He help QC kills the prime minister and he took the poison from him. The day when I saw him very sad is the day when he must drink the poison. And when he sending out his concubine, perhaps because he is near to death and he can not protect her again. He doesn't want to make her struggle alone in a palace. Because in the end, he is died. The production has filmed it all. But they cut it out.

Wow, I think they should have left all those scenes in and extended to two more eps but not YZ dying. I am happy to see a happy ending but a little rush. If they left that in then maybe we would not have said that.

Also, someone said he found out that he contribute to the second timeline. I think that would have be a bigger impact to the audience than 8 eps of war. That's actually moves the story along bez YZ can his past actions caused those chain of events and why QC can't accept him no matter how much he loves her or anything he did for her. He was the main cause of everything. Also, I saw the clip where he was holding the scroll and crying. Wow, very convincing. 

All those cut scenes could have cleared up:

1. Minister feng issue bez I didn't understand why he was still there at the end without any retribution for his actions.

2. It's explains why YZ is pale.

3. It's explains why YZ kick his wife out.

4. Get more main couple scenes. (Yes, maybe a daughter scenes. Haha)

I know thats too greedy but it's just a thought. Haha

@kthienaiii said:-

Coming to the defense of my boo here, sorry guys!

I never get second lead syndrome, ever - for all the Korean and Chinese dramas I've ever watched, it has never happened except for Yuan Zhan. I love him, I really do but maybe thats just me - we're all different and have different taste, its all different for each of us. And maybe because I wasn't expecting that tenderness and love from him after the first timeline, it just evolved unexpectedly. 

I loved that he cared for everyone, not just himself - his mother, Ling, Qing Chen, Silly Che, Cai Qian and the list goes on. He tried to help everyone even when they thought he was doing it out of evil intent but he wasn't. He was intelligent, soft, affectionate and he used his intelligence to help others as well. I also loved that he loves Qing Chen, loves her enough to just want her to be safe and happy - didn't he? He knew she loves Ling and everything she did was for him, and yet he loves her enough to help her with almost everything she did for Ling. He never went evil and to malicious lengths to separate her and Ling, rather he did the opposite for them - he even sent her to Ling during the war assuming Ling could protect her better. I feel that is true love and that he did deserve her, even if she did not love him that way.

He's the second lead though so he was never meant for Qing Chen, only Ling was meant for her - I get it, that is the tragedy of being the second male lead. But I still love Zhan, for who he is and his heart! 

Exactly. I didn't expect to get swayed by Zhan either. He was evil in the previous timeline & is all sweet, gentle in the second timeline so naturally I was taken aback by the sudden change (although the Emperor and Prince Ming remain evil<_<) I agree with all the points in your post that Zhan's selfless acts of love wins him a spot in my heart LoL. And yea it's too bad that second male leads almost never get the girl...:unsure::(

@lavvarr said:-

Yang Mi is also her boss, i would want to make my boss blind too ahahhaha, Maggie plays he role really well, and im really proud of her

AHAHAH Poor Yang Mi... although according (in an interview) to William Chan, Li Yi Feng, Yang Mi has a Type A personality but with a strict work ethic meaning she's a perfectionist. So maybe your claims of Maggie wanting her blind might not be too far a stretch LoL (I hope not I'm KIDDING)

Yea hopefully Maggie can break out of her typecast roles and be the main lead in her next project so she doesn't need to steal the other woman's guy:D 

15 hours ago, 12blbl said:

Love the ending , esp the scene when YL hug QC after she did something probably eliminated her mage's power in the forest, :ph34r: need sub to clarify

QC seal the 9 stone, the gate and all the mage power.. that enable the 12 prince (AKA the guardian of the time gate) to leave and united with MinhYe.. also while QC seal the power, she place a wish that revise Elder DaoYen for her sufi elder XiXiu... so all in all have a happy ending.... 

On 01/10/2017 at 6:27 PM, Sendhy said:

Can someone translate this page for me? I don't understand chinese at all https://m.weibo.cn/status/FoaDkcmYk?luicode=20000061&lfid=4157607502948244

If I'm not mistake, there is a post in youtube that the production cut a lot scene in the end. YZ giving his stone to make the main couple could get merried. He help QC kills the prime minister and he took the poison from him. The day when I saw him very sad is the day when he must drink the poison. And when he sending out his concubine, perhaps because he is near to death and he can not protect her again. He doesn't want to make her struggle alone in a palace. Because in the end, he is died. The production has filmed it all. But they cut it out.

I will do my best but my Chinese is pretty shabby, so anyone fluent in Chinese feel free to correct me if I'm off the mark.Basically the first post is about Yuan Zhan's supposed ending: 

"So what is Yuan zhan's actual ending?

YZ left QC to 12th, and then finished off Yuan Ming. After that, he sacrificed himself and became the last flower petal to fall, allowing the main couple to be reunited for their happy ending.

So how come evil Zhan (1st timeline Zhan) remains in love with Qing Chen after returning to the original timeline? He retained memories from the 2nd timeline, thanks to the sapphire stone.

The main couple offered the throne to Zhan, their wishes written in a letter received along the scroll. (The video below is the scene where he was crying while holding onto that scroll)  The actor Xu Haiqiao was completely immersed in the filming of that scene and was still emotional after director yelled cut.  

So why did he look all pale and sickly /coughing when he sent off his concubine? Because 2nd timeline Zhan took a poison. Scenes also removed: YZ visiting his father the abdicated emperor, and guiding his nephew Yuan Ting the ways of ruling a country. He did not have much time left.

Zhan from 2nd timeline dies, and the Zhan from 1st timeline carrying memories from 2nd timeline would die shortly after. But all these scenes were cut. 

They should have extended to include all this. How could you have done this to him?" 

Rough translation for the parts I did somewhat understand. 

3 hours ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

I will do my best but my Chinese is pretty shabby, so anyone fluent in Chinese feel free to correct me if I'm off the mark.Basically the first post is about Yuan Zhan's supposed ending: 

YZ left QC to 12th, and then finished off Yuan Ming. After that, he sacrificed himself and became the last flower petal to fall, allowing the main couple to be reunited for their happy ending.

So how come evil Zhan (1st timeline Zhan) remains in love with Qing Chen after returning to the original timeline? He retained memories from the 2nd timeline, thanks to the sapphire stone.

The main couple offered the throne to Zhan, their wishes written in a letter received along the scroll. (The video below is the scene where he was crying while holding onto that scroll)  The actor Xu Haiqiao was completely immersed in the filming of that scene and was still emotional after director yelled cut.  

So why did he look all pale and sickly /coughing when he sent off his concubine? Because 2nd timeline Zhan took a poison. Scenes also removed: YZ visiting his father the abdicated emperor, and guiding his nephew Yuan Ting the ways of ruling a country. He did not have much time left.

Zhan from 2nd timeline dies, and the Zhan from 1st timeline carrying memories from 2nd timeline would die shortly after. But all these scenes were cut. 

They should have extended to include all this. How could you have done this to him?" 

Wow, totally agree. This would have been a bigger impact bez of his death n how everything came back to the original time line. Thanks for translation.

7 hours ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

Like I said, rushed ending!

I really felt all of this is actual pretty vital to the story yet they cut it all out. I was happy enough that our  main couple got their happy ending but overall, it didn't draw much emotion from me.

No one knows that Zhan sacrificed himself for Qing Chen - that is how much he loves her. He was dying, this also explains why he was the way he was in the scene with his side consort.

My poor Zhan! I honestly stopped being concerned with him being with Qing Chen, it stopped mattering to me towards the end. I wanted him to be happy and be alive - some hope that through it all he would lead a happy life, he deserved it.

Edit: btw, we did not need 8 episodes of the war story. We also did not need that much time about the ongoing back and forth with Mukusha and DX - such a waste of time. They should have kept that to 2-3 episodes and prolonged the ending with Yuan Zhan's time remaining.

Maybe it is just me but I feel like it went all downhill for me after episode 45. I also wanted more from the ending than what was given to us.

4 hours ago, kthienaiii said:

Like I said, rushed ending!

I really felt all of this is actual pretty vital to the story yet they cut it all out. I was happy enough that our  main couple got their happy ending but overall, it didn't draw much emotion from me.

No one knows that Zhan sacrificed himself for Qing Chen - that is how much he loves her. He was dying, this also explains why he was the way he was in the scene with his side consort.

My poor Zhan! I honestly stopped being concerned with him being with Qing Chen, it stopped mattering to me towards the end. I wanted him to be happy and be alive - some hope that through it all he would lead a happy life, he deserved it.

Edit: btw, we did not need 8 episodes of the war story. We also did not need that much time about the ongoing back and forth with Mukusha and DX - such a waste of time. They should have kept that to 2-3 episodes and prolonged the ending with Yuan Zhan's time remaining.

Maybe it is just me but I feel like it went all downhill for me after episode 45. I also wanted more from the ending than what was given to us.

Agreed that all of this were vital to explaining the choppy rushed sequence of events in the ending!  And like @vlvl1 mentioned,  much more impactful.

By cutting all of this out, I think it is to conclude a different ending for Zhan than what was originally produced. At least it is to give the impression he lives rather than a death sentence set in stone. Yuan Zhan is actually the most well received character among Chinese viewers, more than QC or YL, which is why I think they changed his ending so he doesn't die. 

On one hand I think that ending would wrap up everything with full closure,  however for the sake of my poor heart, I am okay with them not killing off Zhan with the last most selfless sacrifice he could do for Qing Chen. Like some of you said,  his unrequited love for Qing Chen, must be karma for his actions in the 1st timeline. 

As for the many eps of DX and MKS -  I too feel like it's dragged out when we can get more of the main characters. Wouldn't be surprised if it is to promote Maggie Huang. Yang Mi Studio tends to promote their artists by throwing in extra eps for side characters played by those they wanna give more exposure to. They did it in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms,  and did it again here. Despite how Su Jin treats Bai Qian, in real life,  Yang Mi and Maggie Huang are good friends and Yang Mi has been trying to make her more famous every chance she gets. Same with Dilraba though girl is doing pretty good on her own 

Yeah I don't see all the hate on DX too...shes so pitiful. I wish Markasha didn't turn bad because he and DX looks good together; they could have end up together and rule AChai. Sigh my poor Prince Che got attacked so bad!! So in a way I'm bias and glad that Markasha died too lol. But I feel sorry for DX her story is sad; lost her father and her tribe. I wish DX was not dead so easily with Markasha. Ok 2 more eps for me!

Ahhh I finally finished and I was not disappointed. Thank you for the happy ending. Although I was looking forward to see my Prince Che and CQ but it's okay since I know that they have a happy ending and they are safe. Yay so happy that Prince Li and Ming Yan has their happy ending too....and of course Elder his lover too. I never thought I will have a second lead syndrome with Prince Zang....aww I was sad to see him have his Princess Consert send away....even though I understand that he only has QC in his heart....but she also wishes to stay by his side and takes care of him. All in All, awesome drama!!!

Archived