[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

People were wondering as to why 4th prince and Qing Chen fall in love so fast.. it because they are the dual star.. they were meant to be together.  The director was fast pasting the first part is that the second part is where the story began..

Because of the time travel issue in China, the story has to change, and one way they done that is by having Qing Chen at the same time period by just goes back 1 year before everything happen..  As a person that able to read the book.. the second part is follow almost the same as the book

the way Qing Chen save the 4th prince.. the way that Qing Chen meet the 7th prince.. 

When Qing Chen open the time portal, she was transfer back in time, 1 year before she meet 4th prince.  Because she change time, no one know her, she no longer existed.. if she exit in this time, then there would be two Qing Chen.. that why know no one know of her even her people don't know her.  The reason that 7th prince is different then he was in the first 4 episode is that he was not effect by dark sorceress yet, that why he is different now..    

When Qing Chen stop time and change time, she promise herself that she will help change what happen, but she will make certain this time she will not let the 4th prince fall in love with her.  She help Prince Ling, and protect him.. at the same time she had to pretend that she don't love him, and that she only help him cause she know that one day he'll help her people proven their innocent..  that why there a distance between her and the Prince Ling... 

Prince Ling is by trade a cold person on the outside.. it because of how he was raise.. he has no love from his mother.. therefore he is very protective of himself against everyone.. the only one that able to get close to him is his brother prince 11.  he is watchful of Qing Chen cause he don't understand as to why Qing Chen would protect him.. he have this cold outer layer, his shell that he don't want other to see.. 

the drama different from that book, but still follow the same issue.. the fight for the throne, the corrupt official.. the love between 4th prince and Qing Chen, and the 7th prince..

BTW,,spoiler.... there no love between 4th prince and the princess... the wedding between them that you see the picture is a trap that set up by 4th prince, Qing Chen, the princess and 7th prince..

Also the drama was also re-pen by the author herself..

I like your point about why they fall in love so fast, it is destined to happen.

But you have misunderstood the concept of those 2 universe.

It's not the same universe, as 1st universe which is bad ending, Qing Chen reset universe to 1 year ago, actually it is a new universe as sorcerer tribe perished(should be a punishment of opening new universe) and Yuan Ling 's mother still alive .etc. 
In this universe Qing Chen need to collect all 9 stones and help Yuan Ling to be the King in limited time. 
The flower (Editor said it is called The Flower of Life) like a countdown timer, each petal stands for 1 month. That means Qing Chen has 1 year only to change what she wants. Then copy this new universe to cover 1 st universe in order to have a Happy Ending.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is not two universe.. is one.. only... except she is back in time 1 year before anything happen...but because she back in time.. things from the pass also change..

As to collect all 9 stone and help Yuan Ling to become king in limited time.. sorry to say it not happen.. from the book that I read.. it cover 12 years from the time they meet to Yuan Ling Ling being king and get rid of the corrupt office and create a better kingdom under Yuan Ling being king...  The Flower of Life is Qing Chen life cycle.. each petal represent each princes.. also it represent the stone.. she need to collect the stone in order for her to get her power back... I don't think that the drama is so different from the book..in the book she had a heart condition..in many sense the flower represent her heart.. 

spoiler.. the king totally love Qing Chen as his daughter (cause Qing Chen is very smart and able to get the king trust.. and she is a lady-in-wait to the king.. the highest court lady in the palace)..the king was the one that set up the marriage between Qing Chen and Yuan Ling... Also Qing Chen is the missing 2nd daughter of a high official in the Wei kingdom.. you will see as the story goes...

Also sorry to say the book that I read was translate in Vietnamese.. 

https://tramphongcac.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/tuy-linh-lung/

if you are interest in reading it.. 

2 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

is not two universe.. is one.. only... except she is back in time 1 year before anything happen...but because she back in time.. things from the pass also change..

As to collect all 9 stone and help Yuan Ling to become king in limited time.. sorry to say it not happen.. from the book that I read.. it cover 12 years from the time they meet to Yuan Ling Ling being king and get rid of the corrupt office and create a better kingdom under Yuan Ling being king...  The Flower of Life is Qing Chen life cycle.. each petal represent each princes.. also it represent the stone.. she need to collect the stone in order for her to get her power back... I don't think that the drama is so different from the book..in the book she had a heart condition..in many sense the flower represent her heart.. 

spoiler.. the king totally love Qing Chen as his daughter (cause Qing Chen is very smart and able to get the king trust.. and she is a lady-in-wait to the king.. the highest court lady in the palace)..the king was the one that set up the marriage between Qing Chen and Yuan Ling... Also Qing Chen is the missing 2nd daughter of a high official in the Wei kingdom.. you will see as the story goes...

Envy you bcs you can read the novel. I wanna read them too T___T 

How will their love story goes? Between 4th prince and Qing Chen. Is the the melo one or....? So curious about their progress :D

7 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

Why does this story lowkey reminds me of a reverse Scarlet Heart except obvious differences...4th prince as cold but passionate male protagonist, becoming court lady to King who treats her as daughter, alliances between princes (11th instead of 13th here), trying to change events, except this time she's trying to help him become king lol. 

Anyway, a big thank you to all the novel readers for the info:)  really helps to clarify the direction of this story and to anticipate other events !

10 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

OMG!!!

You have totally misunderstood the drama. Hopefully there is a blogger can translate what the editors said at Weibo live chat last week. 

It 's impossible each petal represents each princes, editors have denied it at live chat already and explain us that The Flower of life each petal represents TIME, that's why there is 12 petals and Qing Chen back to 1 year before. Why Qing Chen back to 1 year before everything is different from 1st universe e.g. sorcerer tribe perished.

spoiler: Editors also told the 12th Prince is the stranger who Qing Chen met in the portal. That's why Qing Chen saw he winks to her when She is looking the painting with 7th Prince. 

Qing Chen has not lost her power, if you have seen ep.6 she managed to restore her fellow sorceresses’ power (they have been forced to drink a potion that seals their power).  Qing Chen got punishment and weakened by she helps them to restore power. 

How come 12 petals also represents 9 stones ? 

Besides, in novel Qing Chen is not the daughter of The King but the 2nd daughter of prime minister. The relationship of Yuan Ling's biological father and The King (foster father) is bother.

I have read the original novel for many times, but I haven't read the English version so I don't know if there is any wrong translation. But until now to drama episode.12, drama just started to match with novel but still a big difference.

I didn't say that Qing Chen is the daughter of the King, the king treat her like his daughter...because she was so good and smart...  

I said that Qing Chen is the lost 2nd daughter of one of the high corrupt official....older sister to one of the young lady that close with the crown prince.. however she does not love the crown prince.. she in love with 8th prince...

yes she have power, but very limited....she so far has only 1 stone, she need all 9 stone to have all her power back... as of right now.. one of the stone is in the 4th prince hand, the other is with 4th prince mother, one stone is keep by the 11th prince, another one is keep by the 7th prince.. the king also the keeper of one of the stone.. and of course the elder sorceress also have one of the stone...  Yes she does have power, but very limited.. each time she use her power she need to feed it with a drop of her blood..and she can't use it too much... that why she keep fainting after each battle...

If you read the book.. it almost follow the same step pattern... I read that book at least 5 time... so, so far as I know it.. this time period is following what the book was written except Qing Chen have power..

in the book she was a smart young lady that is very well educated coming from a very wealthy family.. she is the sole success of her family business.. as a young child she was train by her grandfather and father in dealing with people, and was treat as a boy rather then a girl, so she is very strong will... she was study in the best medical herbal school...  in the book she created a school of medicine that have the best doctor come together to help cure the sick poor.. and teach man and woman in to become a doctor...  in the book she also try to gather the 9 stone so that she could go back to where she belong...she help build a dam that able to store water and control the flow of the river with one of prince Ling right hand man...  the drama might derive from the book somewhat.. but it still trying to follow it as much as possible..

Also each stone represent Qing Chen different power.. the  reason that she was able to resort the other Mage power was that with her she had the stone that enable her to do it.. had she had different stone she wouldn't have be able to do it..  

in episode 6, when she meet all her sister, she remember back when she had a conversation with her teacher.. she asked if the Magi lost their power how can they get it back.. her teacher told her that only the elder or the grand sorceress can do it with one of the stone.. and she was lucky that she hold on to the correct stone.. has it been another, she wouldn't be able to help her fellow sister resort their power...

as for the flower lose it petal.. each time she change an event a petal will fall.. for example.. in her original time line, the 5th prince didn't die, but this time line, he die... so each petal represent things that change for the worst...

10 hours ago, amy830hk said:

OMG!!!

You have totally misunderstood the drama. Hopefully there is a blogger can translate what the editors said at Weibo live chat last week. 

It 's impossible each petal represents each princes, editors have denied it at live chat already and explain us that The Flower of life each petal represents TIME, that's why there is 12 petals and Qing Chen back to 1 year before. Why Qing Chen back to 1 year before everything is different from 1st universe e.g. sorcerer tribe perished.

spoiler: Editors also told the 12th Prince is the stranger who Qing Chen met in the portal. That's why Qing Chen saw he winks to her when She is looking the painting with 7th Prince. 

Qing Chen has not lost her power, if you have seen ep.6 she managed to restore her fellow sorceresses’ power (they have been forced to drink a potion that seals their power).  Qing Chen got punishment and weakened by she helps them to restore power. 

How come 12 petals also represents 9 stones ? 

Besides, in novel Qing Chen is not the daughter of The King but the 2nd daughter of prime minister. The relationship of Yuan Ling's biological father and The King (foster father) is bother.

I have read the original novel for many times, but I haven't read the English version so I don't know if there is any wrong translation. But until now to drama episode.12, drama just started to match with novel but still a big difference.

@amy830hk so in this world both(4th prince & 7th prince) will love our main female lead right? when he(4th prince) will regain his memory?

17 hours ago, dhatchu said:

@amy830hk so in this world both(4th prince & 7th prince) will love our main female lead right? when he(4th prince) will regain his memory?

@dhatchu Yes, but same as novel Qing Chen only loves the 4th Prince.
I am not sure will he regain his memory in the universe, but at the end of 1st universe as Qing Chen use butterfly to unlock the seal, so the 4th Prince can hear what she said. It should be some meaning behind this screen. 

As editors will have live chat again when online viewing reach 3 billions views, we can ask them this question, Haha~

16 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Now that Princess Agents is over, maybe they can give Love Lost in Times more broadcast days???

No, they are in different TV channels.

Also, when editors start creating the script, they already known that is weekly broadcast, that's why you can see they always ended with a cliffhanger. ^^

8 minutes ago, amy830hk said:

No, they are in different TV channels.

Also, when editors start creating the script, they already known that is weekly broadcast, that's why you can see they always ended with a cliffhanger. ^^

Thanks, I just watch these dramas online so it doesn't really matter what channel they are on. I was just hoping Princess Agents and Lost Love in Times was on the same channel.

you all have to understand. that she travel 1 year before Qing Chen meet the 4th prince.. there for only she know who he is.. he don't cause he never meet her..there no memory to remember.. however their romance will renew again.. this time in slow pace.. however Qing Chen has promise herself not to let him fall in love with her again..however.. they are the two star that mean to be together.. no matter how she try to push him away.. her kindness and care for him cause him to love her.. but this time the 4th prince will have to work harder to win Qing Chen over.. their 1st meeting in episode 6 show that they have this connection that is unexplained... the eye contact.. the longing in their eyes...

as Qing Chen sacrifice herself to safe prince Ling, Ling feeling for her grown... but like I said Qing Chen will denies Prince Ling feeling.. but that does not mean that he will let her go..

the romance this time is very intense.. Prince Ling jealous when he saw Qing Chen and 7th prince play music together... he'll take her watch the moon together...

6 hours ago, amy830hk said:

@dhatchu Yes, but same as novel Qing Chen only loves the 4th Prince.
I am not sure will he regain his memory in the universe, but at the end of 1st universe as Qing Chen use butterfly to unlock the seal, so the 4th Prince can hear what she said. It should be some meaning behind this screen. 

As editors will have live chat again when online viewing reach 3 billions views, we can ask them this question, Haha~

@amy830hk thankyou amy:).  Plz update more.

On 8/2/2017 at 8:22 AM, frostflower14 said:

Thanks, I just watch these dramas online so it doesn't really matter what channel they are on. I was just hoping Princess Agents and Lost Love in Times was on the same channel.

The way they butchered PA and totally destroyed it, I don't want any drama I plan to watch anywhere near hunan. I have lost all interest to watch any drama that will air on that channel no matter if it stars my favorites or not. I'm so glad for ZLY that she is working with the NIF team on her next project.......They've earned my appreciation as a viewer for top notch quality work on NIF and they earned my respect for life when I read they want nothing to do with Hunan.

I've just finished watching episode 13-14. Seventh prince is more cunning and scheming than he looks, but in this timeline he doesn't seem evil. He exposed his own mother as the mastermind behind 5th Princes  death to bring down the powerful Yin family,which is probably a smart move on his part since sooner or later the emperor will see them as a threat.

Theres a cute scene between Yuan Ling and Qing Chen where she pretends to be drunk to hug him,but he unromantically tells her to wake up so she pretends she mistook him for her father.

Qing Chen finds out there is a price to be paid for her time reversal spell,which is either illness or death. At the end of Ep 14, Qing Chen approaches the leader of the Dark Magic Clan to ask if she can join them.

The 5th prince's death incident ended faster than what I expected. But, I'm quite satisfied at the same time. The editors of this drama pretty much knew that most of the viewers hate draggy details nowadays. Excellent job right there. I just love how all characters is equally mysterious here. It just keep me on questioning what would they do next since all of them are so intelligent. 

My fav part right now is on ep14, where YuanLing and YuanZhen sit together for some drinks(?) and keep on mentioning QingChen. Both of them clearly is interesting in her at this point. Trying to "fake talk" about "how fate is so amazing" but actually showing off how much of a strong connection they have with her. I hope the bond of 4th and 7th won't get destroy, they look so good together.

In the future, I can sense the classic Asian drama's "i'll make sure you will not fall in love with me by rejecting you." But, we all knew that he'll fall even deeper. 

Question time: 1.) so one of the stone ended up on the hand the lady elder, does that mean the other stones is on other people's hands too?

2.) is the 12th prince is actually the stranger on ep6? He's so weird tho. 

Archived