Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Oh My General 将军在上

love this series watched the raw... just wondering if anyone can recommend another series that has a strong female war general?

Does anyone know if the whole series will be subtitled in English?  I appreciate it is a thanks task and very time consuming.  Just I have been caught trying to invest time on a couple of these so far and found they dont finish subtitling....

There is a single subber in youtube (Yoyo tv Channel) who is doing the subbing, even replies in comments

On 3/1/2018 at 5:16 AM, fragglerock said:

Does anyone know if the whole series will be subtitled in English?  I appreciate it is a thanks task and very time consuming.  Just I have been caught trying to invest time on a couple of these so far and found they dont finish subtitling....

Good News! Viki has just gotten the liscense for this drama so the entire series should be subbed. There is no mention of when the episodes will arrive to Viki though or what regions the liscense covers. Here is a link to the Viki Channel Page:

https://www.viki.com/tv/35829c-oh-my-general

@Table122000  *runs around you with lots of hugs n kisses*  Thank you ever so for that, will keep an eye open for the episodes.  Hopefully that means its open for everyone to watch and not restricted.  Someone on youtube is doing it as well episode by episode which is great but must be very hard for them......thanks for the update..

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 6:16 AM, fragglerock said:

@Table122000  *runs around you with lots of hugs n kisses*  Thank you ever so for that, will keep an eye open for the episodes.  Hopefully that means its open for everyone to watch and not restricted.  Someone on youtube is doing it as well episode by episode which is great but must be very hard for them......thanks for the update..

Viki didn't have information about what regions the drama is liscensed for-hopefully for many regions. Chinese dramas aren't usually on Viki Pass, so I don't think it will be restricted in that way. Yes, I feel for that lone YT subber. Maybe they can join the Viki Team- at least they would have help and wouldn't have to do everything alone if they joined with Viki. Although I heard that this YT subber got donations from people and if that is true I guess they will just continue on with the YT project.

@Table122000  I agree it is a thankless task, even I am blantently honest I have got hooked on shows or found ones i am desperate to watch but there is just none subtitled, there is even a new revenge drama I want to watch desperately but cant because it is all online RAW, but then i have got intolerant and why havent they subbed it yet I wanna watch it, there is even a singers name i want to know but cant because I dont understand korean and cant understand what he is saying and nothing in english on google to help me either.  I am so going to have to learn the language.

But i must admit it is due to the subers that I have been able to watch some amazing shows, even now i go back to watch some for the 50 millionth time because i liked them.  

I guess this forum helps in a way as well, as each episode is posted people get impatient for the live recaps or pictures or previews to be translated, but when everyone is together they realise and are thankful to the recapers for without them they wouldnt be able to know about this show.  This forum tends to bond like minded people together and I like it about this.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 9:20 PM, fragglerock said:

@Table122000  I agree it is a thankless task, even I am blantently honest I have got hooked on shows or found ones i am desperate to watch but there is just none subtitled, there is even a new revenge drama I want to watch desperately but cant because it is all online RAW, but then i have got intolerant and why havent they subbed it yet I wanna watch it, there is even a singers name i want to know but cant because I dont understand korean and cant understand what he is saying and nothing in english on google to help me either.  I am so going to have to learn the language.

But i must admit it is due to the subers that I have been able to watch some amazing shows, even now i go back to watch some for the 50 millionth time because i liked them.  

I guess this forum helps in a way as well, as each episode is posted people get impatient for the live recaps or pictures or previews to be translated, but when everyone is together they realise and are thankful to the recapers for without them they wouldnt be able to know about this show.  This forum tends to bond like minded people together and I like it about this.

I understand where you are coming from, @fragglerock There are always dramas that we think look interesting that don't get liscensed or subbed. It's very frustrating. I feel your pain. I was so looking forward to a crime thriller drama, but alas, no liscense or subs. Also, there's a C Drama adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice that I'd love to see subbed, but alas. Thank goodness we've got the Soompi forums to help us wait for episodes of the dramas and it's great to be able to have a place where drama fans can share their thoughts, etc. Still no news from Viki on when Oh My General will begin. Hopefully, they will start uploading the episodes soon as I could use a good comedy at the moment.

@Table122000  Not sure about the cdrama by that name there is a chinese movie by that name and that is subtitled in english on youtube, but i do know of the korean one and that is subtitled. But if i do hear of it I will let you know.

As for Oh My General, it is slowly being subtitled on a few sites now up to episode 16 at the moment and i must admit its funny and enjoyable to watch.  These cdrama can be tedious if you are not in the mood for the long dramas that are slow paced so i have to be

cautious of what i watch in what mood.

At the moment I am about to switch to colourful bone which is nearly finished subtitles and I hope that ends up being just as enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2018 at 10:44 PM, fragglerock said:

@Table122000  Not sure about the cdrama by that name there is a chinese movie by that name and that is subtitled in english on youtube, but i do know of the korean one and that is subtitled. But if i do hear of it I will let you know.

As for Oh My General, it is slowly being subtitled on a few sites now up to episode 16 at the moment and i must admit its funny and enjoyable to watch.  These cdrama can be tedious if you are not in the mood for the long dramas that are slow paced so i have to be

cautious of what i watch in what mood.

At the moment I am about to switch to colourful bone which is nearly finished subtitles and I hope that ends up being just as enjoyable.

Thanks for the info, @fragglerock There was a comment recently on Viki that Oh My General would start airing April 24, 2018 on Viki, which is till a long way away so nice to know it's also being subbed on YT.   Yes, there's also modern day C Movie Mr. Pride Vs. Ms. Prejudice, which I think was released in 2017. This C Drama version of P&P is airing right now on iQiYi and is set in 1930's China. Hopefully, it might be subbed too one day.  Thanks for letting me know if you hear anything about it.  I'm not sure if that April 2018 date is official on Viki. I hope we will see Oh My General uploaded there by April 24 at the latest.

The subs are slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. :cry:Patience is not one of my many virtue but in this case i know i'm not being unreasonable. I really hope more subbed episodes will be uploaded soon. :blush:

• Thanks 1

As I understand it, all 60 episodes got dropped at once, so the subbers are working on it.

I've been watching the raw and while there were some terrible directing/editing choices in episode 1, sticking with it has paid off with a ton of laughs. I'm at around episode 30 right now, and have had to slow through about 10 episodes of not seeing their cute interactions, and now the political intrigue is ramping up... Will offer to help with translations on viki to help things along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh my word! This show is a satire on steroids! Tabloids and reversal of gender roles. It's hilarious. A rather upside down twisted nutty version of Taming of the Shrew. 

I wasn't especially impressed with Shen Yilun in Pretty Huizhen but he's quite funny here. Sandra Ma's great too. 

Can't wait to watch more.