[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Oh My General 将军在上

sugarplum892

21 minutes ago, TramH said:

I noticed a similar feel too especially the background music sounded similar to GPG. I didn't realize it was the same director. Thanks for the info!

I think i might make a slight mistake. Think this time he (Lu Hao Ji Ji/侣皓吉吉) is arts director....in chinese...they call it 艺术总监...but think he influenced the design and colours used. Also read that got a japanese to design the costumes.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest moo1304

i managed to watch the other episode on dailymotion,

the YT videos u guys shared already deleted :(

the series is funny! i have a good laugh watching it.

i dont really like Zhao Yu Jin, but i think his character will got better in later part

about YZ cousin.. from what i get in opening & ending video, i think the girl will still like YZ

5 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Well...some readers pity her char...it's not her fault that the female lead from young...misled her into thinking her caring cousin is a guy. After many years of hope...it was dashed. This type of villain at least has some "dimension" to her char and motives. My guess is she love the male image of her cousin...so it is not lesbian theme. 

Btw if u watch the opening credits...the splash of multiple colours is similar to Go Princess Go....same director...similar colourful style but with much bigger budget.

It's not her cousin fault too she just a child. Why take a revenge for something minor like that. And why none of the adults tell her the truth :huh:

Ah yes I know that. Few of the scenes really reminds me of GPG. The director did a good job with low budget surely we could expect another hilarious drama. 

9 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

I think i might make a slight mistake. Think this time he (Lu Hao Ji Ji/侣皓吉吉) is arts director....in chinese...they call it 艺术总监...but think he influenced the design and colours used. Also read that got a japanese to design the costumes.

The costumer designer is Emi Wada who did the costumes for House of Flying Daggers and Hero.

YizOri8.jpgENrDvH7.jpg

The colors are so vibrant and gorgeous. I really hope Dramafever picks this up. If this gains some popularity in china then I'm sure they will as long as it is not too expensive. UGh. But, I hope they do it fast and this drama and its concept has the potential to do well with international audiences. For now, I guess I will just watch it without subs. T_T

hi guyss..liked this drama. Its very original story and characters portrayed so well. I liked visual effects and costume designs so well...blue army is really so creative. Sandra Ma portraying strong manly commander role so well..you can also feel the girly side of her..I also liked how they used her original voice. she is giving good manly voice but I saw at new teasers they dubbed her and Peter Sheng voice..with typical chinese dubbing voice...why?..<_<

Peter Sheng Yu Jin is so annoying but I like how annoying is he...so opposite from Ye Zhao...he lost so much weight..I saw he is gaining it back at upcoming episodes but liked skinny Yu Jin..he is giving girly vibe that goes well with the story line...

hope eng sub out soon..

and which days ıt will be aired? they gave first 10 episode in first day...you know normally chinese drama schedules goes as 3 day 6 episode...

one of us gave the YT link but ıt deleted..

this channel also uploaded the drama...ıts vietsub but in good quality

and the rest...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1qxHNWpAlI4dsmIsnZiNcQ/videos?disable_polymer=1

Guest moo1304
50 minutes ago, evok said:

hi guyss..liked this drama. Its very original story and characters portrayed so well. I liked visual effects and costume designs so well...blue army is really so creative. Sandra Ma portraying strong manly commander role so well..you can also feel the girly side of her..I also liked how they used her original voice. she is giving good manly voice but I saw at new teasers they dubbed her and Peter Sheng voice..with typical chinese dubbing voice...why?..<_<

Peter Sheng Yu Jin is so annoying but I like how annoying is he...so opposite from Ye Zhao...he lost so much weight..I saw he is gaining it back at upcoming episodes but liked skinny Zhao..he is giving girly vibe that goes well with the story line...

hope eng sub out soon..

and which days ıt will be aired? they gave first 10 episode in first day...you know normally chinese drama schedules goes as 3 day 6 episode...

one of us gave the YT link but ıt deleted..

this channel also uploaded the drama...ıts vietsub but in good quality

and the rest...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1qxHNWpAlI4dsmIsnZiNcQ/videos?disable_polymer=1

actually they only upload 1 ep every day 8pm. but VIP can watch up to 8 ep on first week, and every wednesday they can watch another 7 eps.

i guessed they accidentally broadcast 14 eps to VIP, because around 8pm i watched on youku, i can see all 14eps, but not long after i saw comments that they now can only watch 8 eps.

so, ep9-10 must be from someone that managed to download at that time.

i have watch 10eps.. and what i can say is, this series is entertaining so far, i cant help to laugh so loud.

too bad i can only understand 70-80%, so im patiently waiting for the subs.

does anyone know is there any english translation for the book?

1 hour ago, moo1304 said:

actually they only upload 1 ep every day 8pm. but VIP can watch up to 8 ep on first week, and every wednesday they can watch another 7 eps.

i guessed they accidentally broadcast 14 eps to VIP, because around 8pm i watched on youku, i can see all 14eps, but not long after i saw comments that they now can only watch 8 eps.

so, ep9-10 must be from someone that managed to download at that time.

i have watch 10eps.. and what i can say is, this series is entertaining so far, i cant help to laugh so loud.

too bad i can only understand 70-80%, so im patiently waiting for the subs.

does anyone know is there any english translation for the book?

ıs this a web drama?...if ıt is maybe thats why they are using this system...I still not used to web dramas airing schedules...:wacko:

thanks for the info..so we need to wait every wednesday for next 7 episode periods.

I hope someone sub this first 10 episode before next wed...

OMG original eng title of this book is one of the most hilarious title

"General Above I am Below"......what!!!  :blink:  :lol:

now when I see the new title my mind is going on...hahaha...lol..anyway.

I just know some korean and japanese drama subbers..also looks like ıts not even at Viki, they will also wait for copyrights to sub it...ıf you guys know any chinese drama subbers in any drama subbing blogs please inform them about this drama otherwise ıt looks like we would wait long for eng subs...-_-

and I have to add; color effects of this drama is beyond amazing...just like a art. :wub:

yzzXV0.png

Guest moo1304

they guested on happy camp today, the episode is quite fun.

i think we got a bit spoiler for ending OMG (or it might just an imaginary scene which i hope not), they will show scene where OTP already old & have grandchildren. SiChun said they need people to portray old YZ & YJ, so she suggested her grandparents as their old version.

Guest moo1304
10 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

hows the two leads' acting in here? lol

i think it's good..Sandra Ma portrays her character well, Peter Sheng too, until i got annoyed with his attitude.hahaha

and they got that chemistry but i think the later part acting skill will be shown more, cuz now is more of comedic part.

i saw comments cnets praised the drama, it stays 90% of the novel, but some complained that Peter is not beautiful enough.

2 hours ago, moo1304 said:

i saw comments cnets praised the drama, it stays 90% of the novel, but some complained that Peter is not beautiful enough.

I read the few chapter and yeah ıt look like they will stay with actual novel but ofc there is some few differences but still going same with the book. 

yeah Peter Sheng is a bonny face "handsome man" type actor but in here more baby face, a pretty face actor would be more realistic but Peter's skinny body, timid fragile acting going well with the character..also I noticed from teasers after he become a brave hero, his look also changing, he will have more manly look...maybe for the role...

Oh%208.jpg

Also in book Ye Zhao is not beautiful as Sandra Ma...Zhao is more manly and her face also look like a man..both lead actors are not looking same with portrayed story leads...but again their look are in contrast like this time Zhao is a pretty baby face manly girl but Yu Jin is more bonny manly face girly man....(what I said?):huh:

Guest moo1304
2 hours ago, evok said:

Also in book Ye Zhao is not beautiful as Sandra Ma...Zhao is more manly and her face also look like a man..both lead actors are not looking same with portrayed story leads...but again their look are in contrast like this time Zhao is a pretty baby face manly girl but Yu Jin is more bonny manly face girly man....(what I said?):huh:

hahaha.. actually Peter sheng lose weight for this drama to portray YJ weak & not healthy character.. so im quite sad reading those comments.

look at this drooly six pack.. <3

006vDoSlly1fl01s9x24tj30qo0zkjvg.jpg

now becoming this..

zMtaGZM.png

3 hours ago, moo1304 said:

hahaha.. actually Peter sheng lose weight for this drama to portray YJ weak & not healthy character.. so im quite sad reading those comments.

look at this drooly six pack.. <3

now becoming this..

yeah I also noticed that is why I'm saying near ending he again gaining weight ..ıt can be seen in teasers. probably bc YJ turn into a brave soldier he has to look more manly.

yeah he is really so skinny but ıts a good dedication to a role...he is not a pretty man but he has charm and I think he is going well with the role..ıf they used a pretty face guy ıt probably be a really young actor than they will say he and Susan Ma dont have any chemistry..she looks like his older sister..blah blah...

I'm glad he is in this role..they look good together as YJ and Zhao also I liked their behind the scene chemistry. ıf you are along well you also show it infront of cameras ...hope they will also show it better when the 2 character relation getting deeper. Also I think Peter acting is so much well in here.

everything is ok but where is eng sub? <_<

EDIT: good timing from Youku about the chemistry of this two..

Archived