Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo / 역도 요정 김복주

1 hour ago, Anna Tan said:

I liked how realistic the whole scene is. Did you notice BJ took a deep breath just before she confessed and just before she kissed JH? It shows her anxiousness in a very subtle way. like you have said it, she has never been in a romantic relationship before so all these actions show the first time someone is in love. I must say LSK is amazing in this role! 

I noticed my dear ! And you're so right, LSK slayed (and NJH too of course) playing all those "first time" things !

So so glad these too got to be leads ! They were ones of these actors that always play 2nd lead and that I always wanted to see as 1st lead (now hope Ji Soo turn will come soon), especially LSK. This girl plays the annoying bish so well, at least she got me dislike her so I always thought : "Ah, I would love to see her be main character. If she ever get to be 1st lead, I'm so gonna be into her" and here I am !!!

@eulnassi LOL ! Those pics ! The difference in the expression ! Everything is priceless, hahaha ! 04 2 22 MUX Jupiter Emoji Gifs

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, moreenke said:

@eulnassi LOL ! Those pics ! The difference in the expression ! Everything is priceless, hahaha !  :joy: :joy: :joy: 

Hahahahahha i know right. They have to give up their look for this scene. They dont bother to look weird and ugly but still sooooo cute. I love it!!! :joy::heart:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Anna Tan said:

I liked how realistic the whole scene is. Did you notice BJ took a deep breath just before she confessed and just before she kissed JH? It shows her anxiousness in a very subtle way. like you have said it, she has never been in a romantic relationship before so all these actions show the first time someone is in love. I must say LSK is amazing in this role! 

Both lead actors have done an outstanding job conveying all of their emotions. BJ's nervousness was adorable. And I noticed in the last episode that JH did the same during his confession right before he kissed BJ. It was like he needed just a second to psych himself up to kiss her.  So, so adorable!  These two kids and their relationship is truly swoon-worthy!

• Like 10

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS
2016 Year in Review, Part 5: Sunbae minions weigh in
by DB Staff | December 22, 2016 | 28 Comments

yer_lolly1.jpg

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju

lolly_fairy1.jpg

I think I’ve been most surprised by the performances turned in by Lee Sung-kyung and Nam Joo-hyuk in this sweet little coming-of-age story — both actors have long been on my radar as having potential, but I admit I gave a little side-eye when I heard they were headlining this one. I thought it was too soon in their careers for both of them to be playing leading characters, but boy, was I wrong. I don’t know what got into them, but both actors are completely killing it as Bok-ju and Joon-hyung, and they make me laugh and cry and want to give them hugs.

Both actors are playing their roles with such honest realism that you can’t help but sympathize with their pain and remember a time when you yourself felt the exact same way. Bok-ju and Joon-hyung’s friends-to-young-lovers story isn’t over yet, but it’s one that reminds its viewers of that time when your feelings overtook everything, making you forget anything but the object of your affections. Their mirrored conflicts between their personal struggles and their professional dreams speaks to something in all of us, reminding us that whether your problems are large or small, simple or Olympic-level, the most important thing in life is to love yourself for exactly who you are.

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/2016-year-in-review-part-5-sunbae-minions-weigh-in/

• Like 11

HEY THERE! I was too excited to write something correct but here I am to say some mini_161222111556288279.jpg with my SWAAAG fairies out there 

Soooo I think that we have all probably been killed by these two episodes :tears: AND the 1728276876 fanservice that MBC gave us~

I would like to thank all our adorable fairies that have been updating news for us :wub:

SO without further chatting, I would like to point out the fact that as fan of Nam Joo Hyuk we all know that he is a scaredy cat when it comes to rolling coaster, we could see that here: 

161222111959886186.png

You can see that his hands are holding tighly the bar ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So we can say that he is scared right? 

But then in the backstage pictures (I found it ! A little bit late but nvm) 

nam-joo-hyuk-and-lee-sung-kyung-in-the-m

And on these pictures: 

161222113011204409.png

Here our NJH is holding his noona hand because in real life, he is not scared he is REALLY SCARED. 

16122211311764626.png

REALLY REALLY SCARED. ♥ 

NB: He was not supposed to hold onto her in this part because Bok Joo was still awkward but NJH was too scared probably xD

Luv ~

Edited by kimfairy
  • Like 13

So I finished watching the subbed ep13 and oh boy, this will be a long week with so much to talk about.

First of all, this drama is the first series in my 29year old life, that makes me scream so hard on my screen, that my cat flee in panic. HE JUST LETS HER GO. WHAT FOR GODS SAKE IS WRONG WITH HIM?

This is the first thing I want to write about, with a bit of rage in my fingers. I really liked JY as a character, I thought it was such a great thing to do when he punched that jerk right in his face. It was so sweet of AY that she treated him after that. Everything was okay, she even confesses her feelings for him. She does everything she can in that moment, everything is right, she couldn't do a better job in this exact moment. And what did JY? HE JUST LETS HER GO. She walks away and he......just looks at her. I was screaming, like a little baby shouting for its mother at the screen that he should stop her. And he does nothing. NOTHING. God I really wish somebody punched him in that moment that he lets her walk away so easily. Seriously, what's wrong with him? Just grab her hand.....tell her.....something....just don't let her go away in pain. Just do something. AY is way more beautiful anyway.

And after that, JY looks at that stupid window, oh great, just great. You had the best chance to do something.

I can't stop walking in my apartment and scream randomly "He just lets her go".

Okay, calm down again, let's talk about our OTP.

I think the amusement park was nice, but very....rushing.....I think he made some progress there, but it felt kinda rushing too much. He didn't win her heart there, where he really shined was as BJ's Dad was in hospital.

There JH showed how valueable he is, he was going forward and showed her that he cares, that he can be her guide. In the moments where he prepared a bag for them, where he returned to the restaurant with a sign for the guests. He showed her, that he can take care of things. That he thinks about her and things that are important for her. He showed that he can be a valuable ally on her side. With this little things, you win a girl's heart.

To work off her bucket-list was sweet, but show her heart, that he is there when she needs him in critical moments is worth so much more than anything he could read about on a little scrap of paper.

The kisses in the end were just gifts, they were so lovely and cute, such an enjoyable peaceful moment. This was pure christmas. I really liked her speech, despite not being fully sparkled. But everything I wanted was a kiss with BJ being proactive, so I'm satisfied. I really don't know what I should say about that scene, it was just so emotional.

I think we will see a jealous BJ next week, funny to see that my beloved SH will be the reason why. I am concerned about SH, I think they need to fix her storyline soon, I'm excited so see where her story leads to.

At last I have just one thing to say:

HE JUST LETS HER GO! :triumph:

• Like 10

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

cr:  omokdramas 

don't worry Bok Joo-ah, not only you, all of our hearts were fluttering with you because of this young man!! :blush: 

Totally agree with you that our hearts are fluttering with Bok Joo as well. Totally loved these scenes, I was practically transported to the amusemark with them enjoying the moments. 

For the last scene, I thought we would get a kiss there! hahaha. 

This shows proved that you don't need many kissing scenes to make your heart flutter.  :blush: :blush: 

• Like 8

Hello my dear swag fairies! I just wanted to delurk to send my love to all of you here and to this wonderful drama! It's winter and this drama just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  I love everything about it and especially our OTP!  They are rocking their roles.  Joon Huynh is just boyfriend goals and we can all see a little bit of us in Bok Joo. 

My only wish is that aside from focusing on SH story, , can we please focus on JH story? This guy has his own issues too but he has been so selfless and putting BJ first. I want to see BJ help JH with his issues too and prove how valuable she can be to JH. 

That's kiss scene was everything. The cinematography, acting, was just done perfectly. The BEST kiss scene in K drama! 

• Like 11

Actually i hope JY and AH dont get together for the realism of the drama. If a man doesn't spark with a female friend in 10 years its already an indication that he is just not interested in her romantically. It's 10 years. In that time Im pretty sure it did cross his mind to consider her but the fact he was hesitant to be more than friends shows that theres a certain lack of romantic chemistry between them. Love cannot be forced. In JH and BJ's case its different as both of them sparked naturally over a period of them being together shortly after a long separation.  Also they are at the brash of youth which is the time people are least aware of thenselves and think the least of circumstances and consequences. Both AY and JY are adults in their 30s.  Just because she chose to wait does not mean JY has to accept because of it. I dun like ultimatum sort of love. If they get together she will forever live in the shadow that its her chase that got him in the end or that he decided to just settle cos of their friendship and not really being his choice at all.  Hard to put into words but I think JY deserves to find someone he loves and sparks with and not just with a friend who cares for him too much.

• Like 11

Good morniiiiiiing!! Oh what a day~

Last episode was SWAG!!! :glasses::thumbsup:

and we got 3 PPOPPO and 1 KISS!! Epic kiss between out lovely OTP. I couldn't ask for more, i simply thank God! I'm happyyyy~! *squeal*

Btw, let's us pray hard that this drama will end with happy ending. Happy ending as in:

- BJ and JH are really get together, forever. (i'll hope in the real life too, they're so cute together! Have you all watch the Kiss Scene BTS? They're so damn natural, like it's a daily habit! Aww~ :wub:)

- JH's trauma get cured and he can win the major games

- Seon Ok with that chatty-guy JH's bestfriend *forgot his name*

- JY with doctor

- Samcheon with CH

- SH with that cynical-yet-sweet JH's senior *again i forgot his name*

- and last is BJ's father gets a donor and he's completely healed.

I need those all as a good closure of 2016. Ohh i wish.... *finger-crossed* :star:

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Anna Tan said:

Totally agree with you that our hearts are fluttering with Bok Joo as well. Totally loved these scenes, I was practically transported to the amusemark with them enjoying the moments. 

For the last scene, I thought we would get a kiss there! hahaha. 

This shows proved that you don't need many kissing scenes to make your heart flutter.  :blush: :blush: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhh yes!! only watching them looking at them being around each other is enough but the kisses aren't harmful ttoo :blush: 

cr:  omokdramas

PS: chigu, please delete the IG videos you quoted in your post!! it's against soompi rules!! thank you in advance!! :)

• Like 9

Yes, @kimchigal2, you have a point. Though I really ship them, it will be more realistic if JY and AH just end up being bestfriends for life, I think they are better off as friends anyway. 10 years is indeed a long time. 

7 minutes ago, kimchigal2 said:

Actually i hope JY and AH dont get together for the realism of the drama. If a man doesn't spark with a female friend in 10 years its already an indication that he is just not interested in her romantically. It's 10 years. In that time Im pretty sure it did cross his mind to consider her but the fact he was hesitant to be more than friends shows that theres a certain lack of romantic chemistry between them. Love cannot be forced. In JH and BJ's case its different as both of them sparked naturally over a period of them being together shortly after a long separation.  Also they are at the brash of youth which is the time people are least aware of thenselves and think the least of circumstances and consequences. Both AY and JY are adults in their 30s.  Just because she chose to wait does not mean JY has to accept because of it. I dun like ultimatum sort of love. If they get together she will forever live in the shadow that its her chase that got him in the end or that he decided to just settle cos of their friendship and not really being his choice at all.  Hard to put into words but I think JY deserves to find someone he loves and sparks with and not just with a friend who cares for him too much.

---------------------------------------------------

My favourite scene of episode 12 is KBJ sitting in the gym after training and looking around. I cried a bit. In that moment, she's in her happy place, she's over her slump, she's ready to re-start and she's more motivated than ever.

JJH's confession came earlier than he anticipated, because his jealousy got the better of him, and his chances of being sort of rejected (which he totally expected) would likely lessen if he waited until KBJ was in a better state. But it also led to the sweetest moment yet in the drama. If he didn't confess earlier, then KBJ would have no idea how he felt and wouldn't give much attention to how she felt, and we wouldn't get one of the sweetest kisses I've seen in recent dramas. If you haven't noticed, my avatar is from Let's Eat Season 2, wherein Seo Hyun Jin kissed Doo Joon after he confessed and gave her a peck. She was surprised and then smiled, then she held his face and gave him a deep kiss just like KBJ to JJH. I love those kind of kisses, very sweet and very sincere. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :):):) 

• Like 12

Related imageth?id=OIF.5%2Fsq%2Fy%2B%2FOBeG5TLuPp0H4wRelated image 

Related imageth?id=OIP.M609f37f803319bae8691d4bf2baf6Related image

JH waited patiently allowing BJ time to walk slowly towards him all the while waiting with his arms open wide.  Protecting her, comforting her and cheering her on even when she cared for his brother more then him.  He supported her even then when his own heart was being stirred by feelings for her himself.  His mind was never far from thoughts or concern or longing for her.  She was like a magnet and he was always willingly being pulled towards her.  BJ her attractive force that was so strong everyone around her could see it but her...

BJ had me in tears I often feel as if I move from one emotion to the next because of this drama and watching her finding the insurance papers and the words that followed.  In so many words she said what value would money have, Dad if you were not here with me.  I wish her Dad could have heard those words as well.  For they sum up this unselfish young woman yet so old and wise in knowing the things that really matter.  Sometime she is like a child and sometimes she is able to understand what most have no idea about... 

Sometimes when the fear of losing someone you love whether it's a Dad or a boyfriend even early on when JH was jealous himself those fears become real and in JH's case it made him react and move a little faster in dealing with his feelings.  From the preview BJ is fixing to experience a little jealousy herself.  But I have a feeling JH won't mind because he knows it only means she has moved even closer towards him...

I am glad BJ recaptured her passion for her sport and I think a part of it was her Dad.  But I also think it was her walking into her friends life and seeing how hard it is for others who have dreams as well.  BJ is the best kind of friend to have and one that anyone would cherish...

My last thoughts are of how I wish the kiss bet would have been for the BEST kiss LOL:w00t:I'm thinking I would have been among the winners because when BJ grabbed JH's face we know how forceful she is :blink: and took a breath as if she was going under water puckered her lips and  WHAM gave him a kiss he won't ever forget.  Not to mention she surprised me and went for a double play and WHAM laid it on his lips again!!  She sure is a fast learner!!! The way she held onto his face seemed like with such little experience she was following his lead in the FIRST KISS he gave her that was most likely still on her mind that she couldn't  forget either LOL:)

With the past two episodes it's beginning to feel a lot like CHRISTMAS... Sweet Dreams...:wub:

5 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

JH waited patiently allowing BJ time to walk slowly towards him all the while waiting with his arms open wide.  Protecting her, comforting her and cheering her on even when she cared for his brother more then him.  He supported her even then when his own heart was being stirred by feelings for her himself.  His mind was never far from thoughts or concern or longing for her.  She was like a magnet and he was always willingly being pulled towards her.  BJ her attractive force that was so strong everyone around her could see it but her...

BJ had me in tears I often feel as if I move from one emotion to the next because of this drama and watching her finding the insurance papers and the words that followed.  In so many words she said what value would money have, Dad if you were not here with me.  I wish her Dad could have heard those words as well.  For they sum up this unselfish young woman yet so old and wise in knowing the things that really matter.  Sometime she is like a child and sometimes she is able to understand what most have no idea about... 

Sometimes when the fear of losing someone you love whether it's a Dad or a boyfriend even early on when JH was jealous himself those fears become real and in JH's case it made him react and move a little faster in dealing with his feelings.  From the preview BJ is fixing to experience a little jealousy herself.  But I have a feeling JH won't mind because he knows it only means she has moved even closer towards him...

I am glad BJ recaptured her passion for her sport and I think a part of it was her Dad.  But I also think it was her walking into her friends life and seeing how hard it is for others who have dreams as well.  BJ is the best kind of friend to have and one that anyone would cherish...

My last thoughts are of how I wish the kiss bet would have been for the BEST kiss LOL:w00t:I'm thinking I would have been among the winners because when BJ grabbed JH's face we know how forceful she is :blink: and took a breath as if she was going under water puckered her lips and  WHAM gave him a kiss he won't ever forget.  Not to mention she surprised me and went for a double play and WHAM laid it on his lips again!!  She sure is a fast learner!!! The way she held onto his face seemed like with such little experience she was following his lead in the FIRST KISS he gave her that was most likely still on her mind that she couldn't  forget either LOL:)

With the past two episodes it's beginning to feel a lot like CHRISTMAS... Sweet Dreams...:wub:

Loved your analysis. This is not your typical rom-com which I have watched over the years. This writer is really good!I like how the real issues are portrayed and it sets me thinking about self-esteem - JH best line for BJ "Who would love you if you do not love yourself?" Isn't that what we tell our friends who have low self-esteem? Love yourself and someone worthy will love you more!! It sets me thinking about parents' love and their hopes for their children - The ability to trust your child as shown by BJ's dad; best line by BJ dad "Go do what you want!" So powerful for the child to explore. It reminded me the importance of friends, you need to share your glory and woes with friends, you need to do silly things with your friends, that's life. It is not about work. It makes me a little more observant about the people around me, they might have mental issues and need help. The way JH seeks help for his trauma and SH living oblivious to her mental health issues is poignant for me. 

Last but not least, all the serious issues are not boring because we have this pair of lovely OTP who kept surprising us with the way they interact with each other. So fun to watch. Usually by episode 12 or 13, the drama gets a little slow and boring but not this. 

No idea how we can send our love to the cast and crew of this show because there are people who loved their work!! it's a pity the ratings can't go up. 

• Like 11

When I was watching the amusement scene where JoonHyeong, BokJoo and others were riding the Viking and also Mad Swing

I smiled at JoonHyeong's actions and facial expression. It reminded me when Nam JooHyeok was with Ji Soo while riding the Viking in reality show "Celebrity Bromance" Season 4 Episode 5.

I think Nam JooHyuk wasn't acting his character JoonHyeong at the amusement ride scenes, he was himself.

The time that BokJoo was holding JooHyeong's hand, I think the actor JooHyeok was also really scared riding the Mad Swing. Lee SungKyung was holding his hand to lessen his fears.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, dhakra said:

This is the first thing I want to write about, with a bit of rage in my fingers. I really liked JY as a character, I thought it was such a great think to do when he punched that jerk right in his face. It was so sweet of AY that she treated him after that. Everything was okay, she even confesses her feelings for him. She does everything she can in that moment, everything is right, she couldn't do a better job in this exact moment. And what did JY? HE JUST LETS HER GO. She walks away and he......just looks at her. I was screaming, like a little baby shouting for it's mother, at the screen that he should stop her. And he does nothing. NOTHING. God I really wished somebody punched him in that moment that he let's her walk away so easily. Seriously, what's wrong with him? Just grab her hand.....tell her.....something....just don't let her go away in pain. Just do something. AY is way more beautiful anyway.

And after that, JY looks at that stupid window, oh great, just great. You had the best chance to do something.

I can't stop walking in my apartment and scream randomly "He just lets her go".

You are right about this. I was annoyed too. If I were to compare JY with JH, I feel JH is the braver of the two when it comes to handling such emotions. But i guess that's what happens as we enter the adult world. We let things become more complex than they should, we push aside our feelings and the things we really want. We end up living with more regrets than was necessary. I hope JY gathers some courage and lets go of his past baggage. 

BTW @dhakra, please go save your SH and take her away from JH...:w00t:...I swear the claws will come out next week once she finds the OTP are a couple...

@moreenke ..thanks chingu. I wanted a new avatar as I was feeling so festive after yesterday. In fact am still smiling like a pabo.

Thanks for the lovely analysis @USAFarmgirl. Apart from all the kisses etc, the part that moved me the most was her finding the insurance papers and realising the sacrifices her dad made for her to achieve her dreams.

Anyeong to all the delurkers..even though the ratings of this show is not as high as I would have liked  but I know it is receiving a lot of love at least from i-fans

Lol! @uglypearl ...thanks for the vid..hahaha , now i really want to see a BTS of the rides...

• Like 9

These photos...i can't ... almost died laughing.

NJH - my noona killer & one of my favourite discoveries  - Initially , I didn't think too much of him as a lead but now I'm looking forward to his future projects. (credit to IG owner)

• Like 9