sunminanotherwisjif4.jpg

SunMin - Another wish

Release Date: January 23, 2008

Genre: R&B

01. Another wish / [PV]

02. Still...

03. Another wish (Back Track)

04. Still... (Back Track)

i love Still... better than Another wish, though both songs are great. and i also love the single cover. it's simple but beautiful :) now i want a full album from her. not always just singles :huh:

it's bad she isn't that popular... okay, i always read her blog entries and she seems "busy" (yeah, not like other popular jpop singers.. but she goes to radio stations and places to perform her songs)

really hard to find anything new about her on the net... but since i'm not really into Japenese music, i'm not sure in it, but it seems to me she isn't getting enough attention while she's an amazing singer

anyway, someone uploaded her live performance with Beyonce's Listen onto youtube, if you haven't seen it yet, watch now! :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6g2iAxnX8PE

and i have a question (if someone, maybe a SunMin fan reads this topic):

does anyone know a site/clubbox etc. where can i get/download her newest PVs/MVs/Perfs?

• 3 weeks later...

UWA~~ I didn't know we have a SunMin thread here either! :P

It's funny you guys mentioned Zhang Li Yin because they remind me of each other too. Haha.

Anyways, she has a blog that she updates frequently if you guys didn't know. ^^ And she's also a regular guest on the Japanese show Domoto Kyoudai, though I've never actually seen her appear on... :(

• 1 month later...
Guest sae-ri

ohh.. i didn't know her until I saw this thread... hehe... i just finished watching her another wish pv and she has nice voice.. so she's a singer in Japan? like JUNE he's korean but singer in Japan.. hehehe.. her voice does resemble with someone but i can't think of someone right now.. hahaha i just know

-edit-

ohh.. she's from Good Entertainment! haha that's why Hyesung and her did a collaboration.. hahaha.. now i know.. i like her song STILL..

• 4 months later...
Guest Minomo

good news for SunMin's fans:

2008.08.27. - Cover Mini Album - [Cover Girl]

Tracklist:

01 Got to Be Real

02 The Rose

03 見つめていたい (Every Breath You Take)

04 I Have Nothing

05 My Funny Valentine

06 やさしく歌って (Killing Me Softly With His Song)

07 Love Takes Time

track 2 and 6 were released before but there are 5 new cover songs~

I'd like to hear the Police and Whitney Houston cover, hehe.

and if it's not enough, she'll release her 5th single on October 15th. its title is 'Will' and used as theme song for new j-movie ICHI starring Ayase Haruka. :]

Movie Trailer where you can hear a short preview of the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytbZ2kSyhVk

it's just another ballad of SunMin but sounds good to me.

• 2 months later...

Was this posted before? Lol. I guess so but anyway, here's a great performance of her..

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-301166/SunMin-Listen.html

She's quite gorgeous..

If she's just promoted a bit more and given some more upbeat song.. and a lighter image, that's much better..

edit.

LIKE THIS -->http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-122105/SunMin-Starting-Story.html (lol)

too bad the MV sucks

• 3 weeks later...

her cover of "Listen" was close to brilliant as well as her cover of "If I Ain't Got You" that she sang on a japanese radio station.

btw, just to bump this thread up:

her new single, 'Will' was released on October 15th. It has 3 songs and 2 instrumentals but actually only two are new, which are 'Will' and the last track, "Lullaby of the City", an acapella. as the 3rd song, they put her cover of Whitney Houston classic, 'I have nothing" on it.

'Will' is the theme song for the j-movie Ichi, starring Ayase Haruka. and the good news is she has already performed with this song two times on Japanese music shows (MUSIC JAPAN and Music Fighter). 'Will' is a good ballad song, altough I can't say there is something in it which is different or even better compared to other ballads but her voice sounds more powerful and beautiful than ever. <3 so rich and soulful vocals~

now, after all these singles and the cover mini-album, I hope she will finally release a full-lenght album next year.

and I agree with you a.p.r.i.l, giving her a more upbeat/catchy R&B song to perform would be great. until now, except 'Starting Story' (that I didn't really like) she's only released slower ballad songs.

Guest plumblossoms

It's hard for me to find artist threads -___-* I'm in love with her mini album, her rendition of Killing Me Softly and I Have Nothing is my favorites! I hope she makes a comeback to Korea~

• 2 months later...

LOL. So awesome to see familiar faces/usernames here! :D

Anyways, I bought her album the other day. I wish they had more photos of her in the booklet. The CD was pretty though. It had this really pretty gradient text on it.

Maybe I'll take pictures later.

• 4 months later...
Guest Minomo

Does anyone know what happened to her? I've been checking her homepage, blog as well as her staff's blog but they don't update these anymore. Actually, all of them was updated in last December.

Since I didn't find anything, the last thing what came into my mind was to check out naver. So I looked around on Naver and found a few articles about her but since my Korean is limited I'm not even sure if I understood correctly what was written in them. -__-

So here's what I read (but as I mentioned, they may not be fully accurate):

- First, they mentioned that she's a korean singer who's been in Japan for the last two years and worked together with famous japanese r&b singer Toshinobu Kubota and debuted with "Keep Holding U".

- Seems like she went back to Korea at the end of last year after ended promoting "Will". (If we can even call it "promotion"...)

- as some of you know, SunMin was one of the backround vocalists in Domoto Kyodai (it's a Japanese show with KinKi Kids) but she's not anymore. But on 27 April, the Domoto Kyodai staffs with KinKi Kids and the backround vocalists went on a short trip in Korea to record some episode and invited SunMin. or something like that. She appeared in its latest episode (video on youtube (around 2:30)) but unfortunately, it was nothing special, you can't even see or hear her clearly. :(

- and lastly, asides from her appearance in the show, the interviewed staff from Good Ent. said after her album release in Japan, she will also release her first korean album sometimes in May. (?)

I hope this huge silence means she's working on her album right now. But even if the news on this korean album is true, I don't think it's coming out this month. I checked Good Ent. official site yesterday and I didn't find anything about it...

----

as an extra:

She was a guest performer on Shin Hye Sung's concert tour in Japan last december. (They are in the same company.) It was held in Osaka, Nagoya and Tokyo.

She wrote on her blog that she's very thankful for receiving so much love and support from the audience (fans).

She also posted this picture:

sunminhyesung.jpg

credits as tagged.

(OMG SOMEONE POSTED!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: )

Yeah, I haven't heard from her in a while... I hope she releases something new soon. And if she really is releasing a Korean album, then yay, at least it's new material. I bought her first Japanese album though. It's pretty good though I wish she released more new material on that album, since that album contained singles that were two years old. :(

• 4 months later...

I can't belive it...

.... but it's true!!! she's finally released a new song as a digital single! And I guess soon her new album will be released as well. (depending on the korean news sites. but srsly, who knows... I shouldn't get my hopes up too high.)

Teaser video for 'Superwoman' or click here to listen the song!

Oh yeah, it's another r&b ballad of hers... but I actually like it. And I'm at that point when I don't care anymore what kind of song she releases... as long as she's active again and I can hear her singing. :)

Here's the cover:

coversunminsuperwoman.jpg

She looks beautiful, doesn't she? I really like how she changed. In a good way...

And here are some other promo pictures:

And I hope this thread will be more active as well now that she's returned. :)

yup i am so glad she is back

she rocks,hope she do well this time with her new single

i wonder if there is a mv for it,she is like so underated too

Good ent needs to somehow promote her

Guest onlykhang

I'm also glad she is back she is one of those who have distinct soulful voice.

Will she release an album? I hope she will perform more in Korea. ^^

OH MY GOD.

i was wondering why on earth this thread is the first page, and OH MY GODDDDDDDD

SHE'S BACK SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'M SO EXCITED.

she looks so good with long hair, omg.

and did she lose weight??

she looks different. >__>"

Guest Minomo

anyone know where can I find the lyrics for superwoman..

I really love the songs..her voice is so nice

Not sure if you still need it but here's it:

이깟 사랑 때문에 몇번이나 울었는지

세지도 못해 손가락 열개로

죽어도 모자라

이별에 무너져 헤메이던

바보같던 지난 날이

후회가 돼 나 이제 그만해

더이상 아프긴 싫어

I'm a superwoman 일어나 다시

잊은 듯이 눈물을 비우고

얼룩을 지우고 말거야

I'm a superwoman 웃어봐 또다시

씻은 듯이 상처를 버리고

아픔을 던지고 말거야

한장 두장 모아둔

니 사진에 불을 붙여

재를 밟고 밟아 널 바람에 날려

가슴에 숨어서 괴롭히던

사랑했던 기억들이

정리가 돼 나 이제 그만해

더이상 슬프긴 싫어

I'm a superwoman 일어나 다신

잊은 듯이 눈물을 비우고

얼룩을 지우고 말거야

I'm a superwoman 웃어봐 또다시

씻은 듯이 상처를 버리고

아픔을 던지고 말거야

보란듯이

나를 다치게 한 건 사랑이니

더는 하기 싫은 건 사랑이지

I'm a superwoman 기다리지 않아

가슴깊이 남겨진

한숨이 새겨진 추억이 흘러도

I'm a superwoman 일어나 다신

잊은 듯이 눈물을 비우고

얼룩을 지우고 말거야

I'm a superwoman 웃어봐 또다시

씻은 듯이 상처를 버리고

아픔을 던지고 말거야

I'm a superwoman

she looks so good with long hair, omg.

and did she lose weight??

she looks different. >__>"

yeah, I noticed that, too.

and I've been hunting for infos about her and found something that I didn't know. "Following" Hye Sung, she also joined Live Works Company. So fortunately, she's no longer under Good Entertainment.

Her new official site:

click

I hope it means she'll be now well-promoted. And the site looks so much better than her previous japanese one.

Edit.

Found videos on youtube. They were uploaded recently.

(^ Dunno when was this event/concert but I loved how it sounded with the live band. And she was so pretty in white. I liked her dress here.)

(^ First time hearing this version and only her singing the song. The quality isn't that good, though.)

Omg, her voice is so powerful <3

(I guess it's the most recent video of her...)

Archived