The Official Sun Min (선민) Thread

Guest Majestic

why isn't she very popular?... i think she's very good and confident live... honestly i didn't like the korea debut song... hah

anyway, i found this video of her singing for her high school class... she's facing the board

maybe she wasn't allowed to sing? don't know... seems like it was a classmate's camera

she sings Big Mama's Resignation (체념)

and it kinda looks like the last day of school or something, (all the flowers)

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=163970

It's probably because she's heavily promoted in Japan rather than Korea. Her company seems to be targeting Japan rather than Korea.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest c0ffe3_girl

i absolutley love Sun Min's voice, really powerfull.

I admit at first i didnt like her duet with hyesung but after i while it grew on me.

I'm probably going to buy her single. I really hope she comes out with more korean songs.

Guest angel2nyt

It's probably because she's heavily promoted in Japan rather than Korea. Her company seems to be targeting Japan rather than Korea.

yes thats true

it was her management's decision however it is also said that she does want to be more active in japan than in korea

• 2 weeks later...

Jang ri in needs like 293203 times more practice to compete with Sunmin~~ JRI's live singing is...... O_O

the only reason ppl are noticing Jang ri in is becoz of Xiah Junsu and timeless IS a good song

Uhm... I agree that Sun Min is better in singing live but I guess ZLY has room for improvement ^^

(looks at bset) Yes, I'm a ZLY fan =DDD

Anyway, it's getting really hard for me to get up-to-date with Sun Min's activities T___________T

Do you guys know any forums or such that has files/news on her? =O

*dies*

Guest JiniChun

hey, new at this thread <3

well... reading your comments i realized i feel a little bit sad because she's not very popular...

cuz, when she and Jang Ri In came out, i listened to both live and I LOVED SUNMIN'S VOICE, of course she's better, at least for me.

her tunes are perfectly done and i love her adlibs

honestly... i hope she'll be more populer soon <3

SUNMIN HWAITING!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jensaysBOO

she is korean.

"The Rose" ... which one??

The song is called "The Rose" i heard it on her site its from Love You / The Rose (Japan Version)

I have to admit that at first I thought Keep Holding U (with Hyesung) was only okay and it kinda bored me, even though I could tell that Sunmin was super talented. But now it's definitely growing on me, and it's such a beautiful song...

I'm pretty sure that she also sang the song Biyeon {비연(非戀)} for the Invisble Man Choi Jang-Soo {투명인간 최장수} OST. It's listed as by Lee Sunmin instead of just Sunmin, but considering that IS her full name and it sounds like her, I think it is her song. It's an AMAAAAAAAZING song. I love love LOVE it and I definitely recommend that you find it and listen to it. (If you'd like it, PM me and I'll probably upload it...eventually...)

But yeah, she's beautiful and she's talented and I wish that she got more attention...

- Clara

I agree that "Keep Holding U" is such a beautiful song but... I like ther Japanese version better xP

I guess she sounds more... relaxed and natural (:

I'm not even really sure if she's getting enough attention in Japan ><

I'm a n00b when it comes to the Japanese music scene T-T

[EDIT] 02.26.07

I know this is inappropriate to ask here, but can someone please PM me SunMin's Keep Holding U MVs (Korean & Japanese) and her Koi no Kiseki MV? The ones I have are really really really bad in quality ><

Please help me! I don't normally ask that here in soompi but I'm really getting desperate O_O;;;

Thank you to the one who can help! <3

Guest angel2nyt

i just listened to her newest single..

my goodness.. its so good, but i like the first single more.. 'i love you' is super nice

i would recommend this single to everyone

she sung a song in 'the person i love' OST.. i forgot the title

Guest zhia2

new single ....

good for her

i like her new hair ... more pretty

i hope she will perform in korea again, with battle maybe :P

Guest adikkeluangman

March 1st, 2007

Sun-min’s 2nd Japanese Single Reaches #1

e070301_l.jpg

Sun Min, the singer who has been receiving attention for the theme song of the movie, “The Foundering of Japan,” has released her second single in Japan.

Last year, Sun Min sang the theme song for “The Foundering of Japan” called “Keep Holding You,” with famous Japanese singer/song-writer Kubota Toshinobu. She sang the Korean version of the duet with Shinhwa member Shin Hye-sung.

Sun Min released her first Japanese single, “Koinokiseki” on December 6 last year.

She released her 2nd Japanese single, “Love You,” on the 28th and will begin full-scale promotions.

“Love You” is a heart-felt ballad. Before the release of the single, it gained popularity in Japan as the opening song of Fuji TV’s show “Friday Prestige,” which airs all over Japan.

Apart from “Love You,” Sun Min has also gained popularity with “The Rose,” the theme song from another Fuji TV show. “The Rose” is a remake of the Bette Midler classic and is also included as a bonus track on Sun-min’s new single.

“The Rose” gained massive popularity and placed 2nd on the Japanese Cable Foreign Song Chart during the 4th week of February and reached the top spot in the last week of February.

Sun Min is thankful for the support she’s received and promised to work hard for her fans.

Source: KBS World Radio

Credit: kpopkingdom.com

• 2 months later...
Guest yh4990

oh i love sunmin's voice!! she sings sooooo well on stage. i was wondering if anyone has the song that clayray3290 was talking about: Biyeon {비연(非戀)} for the Invisble Man Choi Jang-Soo {투명인간 최장수} OST. if you do, can you pm me the song or a link to a place i can download the song?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

thank goodness google was here

and i was able to find this thread

anyway..

i just watched the sinking of japan

and her duet song was lovely

loool

i've had her song but i've never really grown to love it until now..

lyrics are super sweet

i hope she gets to be promoted more.. ^^

Archived