Quantcast
Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • 0
liddi

How to comment on news site using Soompi profile, not FB

Question

Hi! I would like to ask about the new makeover for the Soompi news site. 

First things first, love the reaction buttons below each article - cute as a button (pun not intended... I think!)

I do have an issue with commenting on a news article which I hope you will be able to advise. In the past, I could post comments on the news articles and my Soompi user name would be reflected as the poster. However, since the upgrade, it defaults my commentator details to my Facebook account, even though I am logged in to Soompi. I am unable to see any way to change the poster profile from FB back to Soompi. Please advise how I can deactivate the Facebook comments plugin and use my Soompi account (which was using Disqus previously).

Thank you very much for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

@SC7I know what you mean, I commented trying to make people join and felt so lonely

 

34 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

Thanks to you guys and your feedback :) I got your message across and they decided to reintroduce Disqus as our messaging platform :)

If there's anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

Oh thank you for helping! We really appreciate it<3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

Thanks to you guys and your feedback :) I got your message across and they decided to reintroduce Disqus as our messaging platform :)

If there's anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

thank you!

 

 

15 minutes ago, Laura k. said:

@SC7I know what you mean, I commented trying to make people join and felt so lonely

 

Oh thank you for helping! We really appreciate it<3

Lol *highfive* I was Stephany lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@liddi @SC7 The site and the forum are two separate parts and eventhough I can deduce a lot of things for the site with simple logic and a bit of an IT background, I have no idea what the possibilities are in regards to using FB, going back to Disqus or using Soompi logins. I will, however, send your comments over to our friends who take of the sire part of Soompi.com and have them reply :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

@liddi @SC7 The site and the forum are two separate parts and eventhough I can deduce a lot of things for the site with simple logic and a bit of an IT background, I have no idea what the possibilities are in regards to using FB, going back to Disqus or using Soompi logins. I will, however, send your comments over to our friends who take of the sire part of Soompi.com and have them reply :)

thank you! :DDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

As always: happy to help :)

I'm not Anti-Facebook. I've got an account and all, but there are places where I wish to remain a digital version of me instead of the real life version :) I guess that goes for plenty of people since we got a lot of feedback about the change.

x'D I'm just scared of identity theft/fraud lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome to see you guys help out each other! If anything still isn't working properly, let us know!:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, it's sad to see disqus gone lol. I mean fb is great, but at the same time, we use our legit names on fb usually, and that can lead to worrying over fraud, ppl reporting others as being not who they claim, leading to removal of their accounts by fb, which could be detrimental to those of us that are always all over the globe, and need to stay connected with buddies. There's the argument that we could create a seperate fb account, but it's too troublesome. Is it not possible to go back to disqus?...no one rlly comments since the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Laura k. Thank you for pointing me to the article! Much appreciated.

Were you concurrently logged in to FB when you viewed the news article? If you're not logged in, type your message, then click on "Log in to post" button at the bottom right of the post. It will prompt you to log into FB, and from there, you should be able to post.

@HL12 Looks like it is no longer possible to comment on news websites without logging in to FB :( I'm sorry to see it go as well... will definitely miss Disqus and our usernames on the comments section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, evie7 said:

Thanks:D for all you do chingu! I was not a fan of the facebook plugin. I'm happy that Disqus is back.

@Bioxx I'm w/you I'm very anti facebook too.

As always: happy to help :)

I'm not Anti-Facebook. I've got an account and all, but there are places where I wish to remain a digital version of me instead of the real life version :) I guess that goes for plenty of people since we got a lot of feedback about the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CamelKnight Thank you for your offer. I have a question... in the past, we could see who liked our posts. However, now, the likes are just a number, and when I log into my FB account, I cannot see the details of those who liked the post there as well.

Is there any way to see this, or has this feature been disabled with FB comments?

Also, if reverting back to Disqus is not viable, then I wonder if there is any way to allow us to post FB comments but with the option of displaying our Soompi username instead of our real names?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, liddi said:

Hi! I would like to ask about the new makeover for the Soompi news site. 

First things first, love the reaction buttons below each article - cute as a button (pun not intended... I think!)

I do have an issue with commenting on a news article which I hope you will be able to advise. In the past, I could post comments on the news articles and my Soompi user name would be reflected as the poster. However, since the upgrade, it defaults my commentator details to my Facebook account, even though I am logged in to Soompi. I am unable to see any way to change the poster profile from FB back to Soompi. Please advise how I can deactivate the Facebook comments plugin and use my Soompi account (which was using Disqus previously).

Thank you very much for your help.

I have the same problems too. Please help as I dont want to use FB to write comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad to see Disqus back. I dislike facebook with a passion so I feared I'd never be able to comment again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Disqus is back! And I hope is staying because nobody commented with facebook and soompi felt empty :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid that's not possible anymore :f7616f3a8d2d18306237fe7ee12c3df0.png

I don't mind the facebook thing, I just can't post a comment at all, there's no option to comment, any of you knows what could I do so that fb plugin apper to me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2016 at 4:55 PM, CamelKnight said:

Thanks to you guys and your feedback :) I got your message across and they decided to reintroduce Disqus as our messaging platform :)

If there's anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

Thanks:D for all you do chingu! I was not a fan of the facebook plugin. I'm happy that Disqus is back.

@Bioxx I'm w/you I'm very anti facebook too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@liddi Hi liddi, thank you very much for trying to help me, but I already fixed it. I had to disable all my addons and extensions to see if any of them were blocking the comment section to appear and some of them as 'Disconnect' were at fault, so I can comment now! :heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Laura k. said:

Well, Disqus is back! And I hope is staying because nobody commented with facebook and soompi felt empty :(

true! Only me and a couple other ppl commented, on the other hand it was sad that my comments weren't transferred over, so i had to rewrite them using disqus. buuuut DISQUS IS BACCCCKKKK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to you guys and your feedback :) I got your message across and they decided to reintroduce Disqus as our messaging platform :)

If there's anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CamelKnight Yay! Thank you so much for bringing our concerns across and so grateful to see that they are addressed! Really appreciate it! :wub:

@SC7 @Laura k. Certainly cause for celebration and more comments :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...