[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wohoo! best news of the day! YSH in a new drama! The best young actor in my opinion ( with apologies to pak bo gum, heh.). I was actually waiting for someone to make a thread last night. Thanks thanks thanks @Go Seung Ji

I can still remember that first scene in Remember War of the Son! in less than I minute, tears flowed in my eyes. Yes, that;s how good he is!

Thank you @Go Seung Ji for starting the thread, and for all the posts.

Excited for this drama.  For Yoo Seung-Ho and the story line. Sounds relevant in even in today's environment.

Waves also to @_Nachan07 and @jongski

Shoutout to @ororomunroe, @valsava, @suchadiva42, @jadecloud, @evie7, @LavelyShai, @liddi, @alekaonu, @UnniSarah, @bebebisous33, @MaknaeC, @Kasmic

am in!!!! happy dance! wow.. adrenaline rush feels!
Captain @Go Seung Ji thanks for informing us at Yoo's thread, else i really blur blur. good, have something to look forward to now. i was just talking about THIS SHOW with Berou past few days (or yesterday?) see, i knew it.
this lad, don't anyhow choose a drama, he wants his Comingback (from Army)... every show to count, he wants to be taken seriously. Not just as an idol. isn't it about time, given that he's has 14 years history in acting. while others are for fun, or fame. He grew up crying, laughing, smiling for others to see, to feel the scenes. its about time people see the other side of him, the passionate side. not just a Yoo that can weep and churn our hearts to pieces. But someone that can start an OTP crazes like the present ones.
@Berou @ilwoo_aein @paperboat04 are you there?

now, Millions dollar Question: " Ga-Eun is the woman Crown Prince Lee Sun loves and she helps him grow as a ruler."
hi, so which is the actress that act as Ga-Eun? that's gonna be a BIG crucial role, that help to build chemistry between Yoo and his lead. who's know if their chemistry can beat even the present 2 dramas airing now about crown princes... mmmm... i would like to see Yoo portraying a diff air of elegant in a crown prince.

edit add-on: for our Super Historical Discussion-Chingus:
@gerrytan8063 @AuroraM @jongski @junghana2104
i am tagging you 4 because, i am super hopelessly lazy to find your names, and can't memorize names... in case i need to talk 'historical info stuffs", i just come here and copy paste... hahah.
so i am still hoping this is a twisted factional version of Sado or Sado's son King Jeongjo. either the tale of Sado or Jeongjo also are highly interesting. just please don't invent some fictional prince (i can't stand that.). i don't mind YSH become Jeongjo, at least then he can have happy ending with KSH, if he is Sado 101% sad ending.
so i am keeping all 4 of you, your name to tag here for references when i need at page 1.
:wub:

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 7:35 AM, Go Seung Ji said:

Yoo Seung-ho’s Ruler–Master of the Mask in talks to air on MBC in spring

by girlfriday | October 10, 2016 | 

@Go Seung Ji i read your post dramabeans, Girlfriday wrote "Those were comedies while this drama’s approach seems serious—the prince is said to become a hero because of love, and his war is described as lonely and righteous. Broody and badass Yoo Seung-ho fighting for his people? " wow... he's be completely in his elements taking up the "lonely and righteous" role. isn't the real Yoo lonely, and guarded his loneliness and privacy like crazy. and Boy is he righteous, you just got to read his army stories, he went extra miles and do as much as others even if he's celebrities, and take care of senior camp-mates.  Broody? haha. no other actors brood so naturally and convincing like him, and break your heart that he really cares.

Hancinema said "In addition, Yoo's experience is several historical dramas allowed him to make it to the top of the list and the production is confident that he will be able to pull it off. Yoo Seung-ho said he chose to be in the drama because he fell in love with the character." yes, he must feel identified and love his role first, understand the historical figure first, then he can own that role. Since the same king are always acted by so many different actors in diff dramas, how to make this King Lee Sun his own, first he has to love the person, feel for the plight.  (mmm... have to go read up Joseon King history again.)

@Zaileigh @kipzizz @EvelynL. @chelleshawol @trust71 @ranbir32 @evelynray  @tessieroo   Yoopies, Recappers, Bloggers, Chingus,  Let's be inspired.

On 10/12/2016 at 1:16 PM, jongski said:

Wohoo! best news of the day! YSH in a new drama! The best young actor in my opinion ( with apologies to pak bo gum, heh.). I was actually waiting for someone to make a thread last night. Thanks thanks thanks @Go Seung Ji

I can still remember that first scene in Remember War of the Son! in less than I minute, tears flowed in my eyes. Yes, that;s how good he is!

@jongski yes. i think the other KD artistes that can generate that genuine feels of agonies in crying is Choi Ji Woo the actress. between Yoo Seung ho and Choi Ji Woo, both of them can really slay the whole Melodrama genre. i actually watched Remember last 2 eps in buckets. ep 16 was like more than 13 times crying, normally a good weepy drama can only generate tears up to the 3rd time i watch.. Yoo can just goes on and on make you cry. i stop at the 13 times. i cannot take any more rewatch ep 15 -16 of Remember.
jongski, this time, i want him to cry for his girl, not just of his appa.. hahaha..
Now, Pray, Pray, Pray.  pls all pray that SBS has the wisdom to get a suitable female lead that can click like jigsaw with Yoo, that stir chemistry, even as good as that of DotS. the female lead is the KEY important role, beside the villain and the 'close brother-friend' to the crown prince, he means someone that can develope a real feels of brotherhood.
forget to call @mimi122789 @miye0n @hibiscus23

19 hours ago, Berou said:

@maryofbethany

thanks for mentioning me ! it is indeed the best news of the year ! ~makes a happy dance~ he  must have spent a lot of time in thinking since it took him 2 months to confirm it . I hoope the lead actress would be someone of my list.

a typical YSH's drama, so he won't disappoint me. gals, we should prepare already tissues cause there will be some major emotional scenes

@Berou i am dying to start a crazy 'OTP Shipping business' with Yoo and his on screen girl. its high time fans see him in his tears flowing mainly for his "girl'... just like Yeo woon and harry and jin-woo.. but sizzles more than these. i want a "After Army" coming of age, oozing manly charm teary Yoo . haha. i was talking with you about OTP and his female leads, just this week itself at his thread. ( @Go Seung Ji, sorry, i 'spamming' like crazy, cannot contain my madness now, end up i hog this thread. Not trying to draw attention, I just lost it n jubilant joy )
thank you, dear Lord, pls find him a co-lead he himself must like first of all, not just who we fans like, first he himself must like the lead. thank you, Lord.

edit: (add-on). @Zaileigh one of the Chief Yoopies, you must really be here, how can i forget calling you?!

Annyeong everyone  :wub:

Thank you @irilight for mentioning me &  @Go Seung Ji for creating the thread :wub:

Annyeong @jongski @Berou @maryofbethany @Deerprincessxoxo :wub: & everyone else joining the thread later. Nice to meet you all :lol:

I'm so excited to see Seung Ho again in his new project. I'm not a big fan of sageuk but this one will definitely be a must watch, since I haven't had enough of YSH's last drama :wub:

All I'm praying now is that they will cast a suitable female lead for the drama :lol:~ *please please pretty please* 

Here's another news ^.^

Yoo Seung Ho cast as prince in new drama

16-02(744).jpg

Actor Yoo Seung-ho, the star of "Remember: War of the Son," will return to the small screen as a crown prince, the drama's production company People Story announced Wednesday.

"Ruler-Master of the Mask," scheduled to air on MBC early next year, will be a period romance drama, where Yoo  Seung-ho will take the role of 18th-century Joseon prince Lee Seon who fights for justice against the powerful and wealthy officials in an attempt to take back power and control of his country.

The new 20-episode fantasy epic series is expected to give the 23-year-old actor a fresh and stronger image. "I've been attracted to the drama's tightly built plot and the role of Lee Seon. Through the drama, I plan to give a different image," Yoo Seung-ho said in a statement. 

The production will begin shooting in December

Source

Yoo Seung-ho to star in MBC drama "Monarch",

production to begin in December

photo772060.jpg

Actor Yoo Seung-ho is coming back with a drama for the first time in a year.

He's starring in the melodrama "Monarch" as Prince Lee Seon.

"Monarch" which is based on an original publication that existed in the 1700s, has a balance of romance and politics. It is about a prince who fights against an organization that gained tremendous wealth and power due to handling all the waters in the Joseon Province.

Yoo Seung-ho last starred in the SBS drama "Remember" a year ago. In this drama, he is a monarch that gives hope to his suffering people and risks his life for the woman he loves. His co-star is Ga Eun who aids him into becoming a true monarch.

Prior to the making of the drama, Yoo Seung-ho is currently analyzing and working out to become the character that he needs to be.

In addition, Yoo's experience is several historical dramas allowed him to make it to the top of the list and the production is confident that he will be able to pull it off.

Yoo Seung-ho said he chose to be in the drama because he fell in love with the character.

Meanwhile, "Monarch" will start production in December. It is one of the most anticipated dramas of the year 2017.

6 hours ago, irilight said:

Excited for this drama.  For Yoo Seung-Ho and the story line. Sounds relevant in even in today's environment.

Shoutout to @ororomunroe, @valsava, @suchadiva42, @jadecloud, @evie7, @LavelyShai, @liddi, @alekaonu, @UnniSarah, @bebebisous33, @MaknaeC, @Kasmic

Gomawo @irilight chingu for the shoutout. I adore Yoo Seung Ho, so this drama is on my list :)

Now my turn to invite my gang here @moodypie @rain719 @emme85 @heartoppaya @delfin @Mau_Cherry @ruzikie @dnkt @plappi @jeonghyang @ohoheli @andy78 @dimples21 @awsparkle @SeGafanlady @Jillia

10 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Gomawo @irilight chingu for the shoutout. I adore Yoo Seung Ho, so this drama is on my list :)

Now my turn to invite my gang here @moodypie @rain719 @emme85 @heartoppaya @delfin @Mau_Cherry @ruzikie @dnkt @plappi @jeonghyang @ohoheli @andy78 @dimples21 @awsparkle @SeGafanlady @Jillia

HOW can you do that do me?????

Oh my God... he is back!!! big-eyes-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774066

BUT... MELO????????????? Not again... destroyed-raccoon-emoticon.gif?130277406  Drama World plan to ruins me or? And I still need to check it out...

He is back....

Happiness is YSH drama! and seeing this really wonderful  really brilliant young actor! ( the other one, I have to mention is Yeo Jin Goo). Happy to see all the updates.

9 hours ago, irilight said:

Yey, favs on the shout out from @irilight lets all watch this. So now this drama and ( the one from Park Bo Young) is my anticipated drama for next year! And with YSH, expect tears, excellent acting!  Now we'll wait for other casting news.

18 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

In the 1700's, Crown Prince Lee Sun (Yoo Seung-Ho) fights against Pyunsoo hwe. Pyunsoo hwe is an organization that has accumulated power and wealth through privatizing water all over Joseon. Crown Prince Lee Sun becomes a hope for the people who suffers. Ga-Eun is the woman Crown Prince Lee Sun loves and she helps him grow as a ruler.

@Go Seung Ji  Thanks for opening this thread and a very catchy title wasn't expe4cting it to be a historical drama but being the Saguek lover that I am this is a much watch for just the description sounds very interesting to watch a CP fight against and orginazation with the help of a women becomes King I find it intriging.. So I'll be pitching my tent here so bring on all the stills and aryicle I'm eagarly waiting to find out nmore..

18 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

Woohoo, now I don’t have to be sad anymore that Yoo Seung-ho (Remember–Son’s War) turned down the drama adaptation of The Man Living in Our House, because this is much, MUCH better: He’s currently considering an offer to headline a new fantasy sageuk called Ruler–Master of the Mask as a prince who battles injustice. Oh glorious mane ofglory, here we coooooome!...............

If he turned down man living in the house it was a good call I don't think that role would have fit him anyway no matter how well his acting is it's so not him especially being married to and elder woman and a loan shark no way our pretty boy face image will be ruined LOL No just kidding but I don't think the drama fits his age bracket or his looks so let him play CP..

@irilight Thanks for trhe shout out and Hello everyone, I like to send one out to @gerrytan8063  This would be a drama he also would be interested in.. 

6 hours ago, Berou said:

Crown prince Lee Sun  was born  in 1661 and died in 1720,  he became the 19 th king of Joseon as King Sukjong.  He was considered as a skilled politician be cause he frequently changed faction in power with another one to strengthen the royal authority.    his reign is considered one of more prosperous time, according to wikipedia

Thanks @Berou  I always wish there was more of a in depth drama to YY fathers life and MBC has fullfiled my wish we get to see him grow as a CP price so looking forward more then ever now..

Soompi news :wub:

Yoo Seung Ho To Star As Just Crown Prince

In New Historical Drama

yoo-seung-ho.jpg

Almost a year since his last drama project “Remember,” Yoo Seung Ho will be returning to the small screen in his next lead role.

The actor is set to play Crown Prince Lee Seon in “Ruler – Master of the Mask” (tentative title), a historical melodrama that is set in the 1700s.

Fighting a lonely war against a powerful organization of the elite that’s determined to privatize the waters of Joseon, his character will become a figure of hope to the suffering people. With the help of the woman he loves, Lee Seon will overcome adversity and grow as a just ruler.

In preparation for his role, Yoo Seung Ho is reportedly working hard to understand the character, and is also strengthening his body physically as well.

The actor personally reveals, “I chose this production because I was captivated by the solid script and charismatic character of Lee Seon.” He also states that he will show sides of himself he hasn’t before, so he hopes that everyone will be excited to see what’s coming.

A source from the production team behind the drama has nothing but praise for Yoo Seung Ho’s acting ability and the upmost confidence that he will be able to pull this character off flawlessly.

Written by Park Hye Jin, “Ruler – Master of the Mask” is slated to premiere in the first half of 2017. It will begin filming in December of this year once all the roles have been cast and finalized.

What are your thoughts on Yoo Seung Ho’s newest role?

Soompi

Archived