Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Recommended Posts

@YourHighness . Aww same here! Miss talking and discussing with you! Haha exactly. We don't have to dread what the next episodes will bring because now we know exactly what will happen haha. Omo..I still love the antidote scene too. We can totally see the angish and worry on CP's face when he held GE. I just loved that expression of his. I also really love the truth scene too. I keep rewatching it because of the emotions from both of them. My heart still tugs when I watch that scene. And also the poison initiation scene. Oh man..that scene still gets me too. The way she cried and how he smiles with tears..awwww..! So much love from these two :wub: and..i also rewatch the DM death scene as well. The part where his expression changes when CP tells him that he won't allow anyone to become a monster like him..wow! Very powerful acting from HJH!

Spoiler

Haha I have fun making theories and such at the BOTWG thread. And as it is now reaching middle point, it is bound to get even more interesting. I am actually rooting for the OTP and SA is growing on me. The thing about dramas like this one is the ending haha. I don't know how a God and human will be together in the end.

As for TKL, I am not too active on the thread but do join discussions too. The subs come out slower so i have to wait much longer to watch it. By then, my thoughts are overdue LOL!

 

I still miss our daily doses of Ruler! Now I am even more eager to see ShyShy be in another drama together! But I know it will not happen anytime soon :(

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@vangsweetie637 @sakura2016 great to hear from both of you, love your posts. Thank goodness HCY managed to hold his concert in Taipei and fly back to Seoul the same evening (we were all so worried about the typhoon situation). I'd like to share this high-quality close up video of HCY's performance, where I believe he really conveyed  emotions not just through his vocals. Many thanks to the lady who filmed this:

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NLv01qU.jpg

 

Unseen still from an early episode. 
I miss them so much!!!!!!!!!!! :bawling:

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@YourHighness . Aww same here! Miss talking and discussing with you! Haha exactly. We don't have to dread what the next episodes will bring because now we know exactly what will happen haha. Omo..I still love the antidote scene too. We can totally see the angish and worry on CP's face when he held GE. I just loved that expression of his. I also really love the truth scene too. I keep rewatching it because of the emotions from both of them. My heart still tugs when I watch that scene. And also the poison initiation scene. Oh man..that scene still gets me too. The way she cried and how he smiles with tears..awwww..! So much love from these two :wub: and..i also rewatch the DM death scene as well. The part where his expression changes when CP tells him that he won't allow anyone to become a monster like him..wow! Very powerful acting from HJH!

  Hide contents

Haha I have fun making theories and such at the BOTWG thread. And as it is now reaching middle point, it is bound to get even more interesting. I am actually rooting for the OTP and SA is growing on me. The thing about dramas like this one is the ending haha. I don't know how a God and human will be together in the end.

As for TKL, I am not too active on the thread but do join discussions too. The subs come out slower so i have to wait much longer to watch it. By then, my thoughts are overdue LOL!

 

I still miss our daily doses of Ruler! Now I am even more eager to see ShyShy be in another drama together! But I know it will not happen anytime soon :(

 

Now that I think about it, there's no scene of our couple that I do not like. Every scene is amazing, chemistry and emotion wise. YSH-KSH made SeonGaEun:wub: so perfect. I can't rave enough about their talent. :heart:

You know the one thing that bugs me in the poison initiation scene is the editing when our King was in GE's arms. When GE's close ups were shown, her hand was lightly holding his face but when our King was shown, her hand was no where on his face. In their situation, I think GE would have caressed his face and held it comfortingly. The rest of it was flawless. All of PSG saw how much our King and Queen love each other.:lol:

Speaking of PSG, we never understood the hierarchy of the group. PSG was 1000 years old so there were leaders when DM joined the group. DM answered to certain few who threatened to kill him if our King get the throne but how did he choose HG as the leader by himself? He was shown taking all the decision by himself. How exactly did PSG work? The leader should have been chosen on the members merit but it seemed it like was familial leadership because HG's dad expected to be the leader after DM stepped down. If anyone has answers through their own sub, I would appreciate an answer.

With DM's death scene and the before fight, I only concentrate on our King, he looks so powerful and majestic but with kindness and maturity. I love how commanding he is in it. DM I feel nothing for. LOL.

Spoiler

BOWTG, I expect it will get more interesting and I like the leads, together and individually but I don't feel the spark. Something is missing and I am unable to get into the love story like I expected. I am guessing it's all the "Servant" talk. It really bugs me. LOL. Besides, don't kill me, but I think the hero is not yet versatile enough to take on a varied set of emotions as the lead. I sometimes find his acting almost wooden. And about the ending, maybe SA will get eternal life or something..a boon for saving all the worlds somehow?

I think in comparison, I like TKL more. The bromance is engaging, the romance is about to start and I like that the heroine is not a simpering beauty, sitting in a corner and doing nothing. Although the politics and the villain scenes bore me to tears LOL.

I miss Ruler and Shyshycouple too. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for their next project. Wish I had a time turner. Seriously. :lol:

@findit Thanks for the new BTS pic. The position of GE holding our CP is different in this picture. Eesh, I miss them. I wonder how our King could bear to wait an year to marry GE. :tongue: BTW I've been meaning to ask this but was LS' mom GE's Nanny or was it a wrong translation? Because another sub translates her as Auntie.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't see this BTS still before!! :D:wub: 

cr: owner

I'm si happy seeing that Ruler made new fans for Yoo Seung Ho whatever fans really think of the drama itself (I so love it myself flaws and all), it still had good sides!! :D 

cr: regscribbles

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the views you guys LOL! The head movement really makes it seem like its a proper kiss. :wink: #pervertmodeactivated

 

You know I think there's a good chance MBC has noticed how popular YSH-KSH are and how they want to work in a modern drama. I wouldn't be surprised if they are bidding their time to cast them together in another modern show on their channel itself.

@sakura2016 That's a beautiful FVM.:tears:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Look at the views you guys LOL! The head movement really makes it seem like its a proper kiss. :wink: #pervertmodeactivated

 

You know I think there's a good chance MBC has noticed how popular YSH-KSH are and how they want to work in a modern drama. I wouldn't be surprised if they are bidding their time to cast them together in another modern show on their channel itself.

@sakura2016 That's a beautiful FVM.:tears:

 

and the way Yoo Seung Ho pulled her from the waist!! :wub: still blushing!! :blush: 

how I'd love that and really MBC was lucky custing them for Ruler that was their 1st big success for a long time so wanting to have them again in another drama must be something they'd want to!! :wink::D 

it's so beautiful and made miss my drama and OTP more!! :tears: 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I've been meaning to ask this but was LS' mom GE's Nanny or was it a wrong translation? Because another sub translates her as Auntie.

 

LS's mom is GE's Nanny. :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2017 at 0:52 AM, sakura2016 said:

 

and the way Yoo Seung Ho pulled her from the waist!! :wub: still blushing!! :blush: 

how I'd love that and really MBC was lucky custing them for Ruler that was their 1st big success for a long time so wanting to have them again in another drama must be something they'd want to!! :wink::D 

it's so beautiful and made miss my drama and OTP more!! :tears: 

The waist pulling move turned the innocent kiss into something so passionate, I expected them to burst into flames then and there. :lol: I must hand it to the director and the writers, even though I have a few complaints, they really aced the lovestory of our couple.

You know I have a feeling that MBC had YSH-KSH pairing in mind ever since they hosted that small award segment a few years ago. They looked so good together, MBC couldn't miss out on their chemistry. Plus, I think YSH and KSH are MBC gems. They have both worked before with that channel.

BTW still suffering from withdrawal. I was just watching the 16th episode where our King saves GE and gets hurt. The way he shielded her all throughout. :wub:

On 8/1/2017 at 6:39 AM, findit said:

 

LS's mom is GE's Nanny. :)

Thanks for the clarification. Does this mean GE's mom died in childbirth?

 

BTW, I've been wondering, how involved are King and Queen in raising their own children? How close are they to their children? I know the Late King and CP's mom were very involved but that was due to CP's face being kept a secret.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

@YourHighness . they hosted an award segment together?? since when! I wanna see it!

Another BTS picture - hopefully not double sharing!

 

 

Yup, they did.

 

They look so beautiful, don't they? :wub:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2017 at 2:04 PM, YourHighness . said:

Yup, they did.

They look so beautiful, don't they? :wub:

They  didnt host the award show. They are just a presenter for 1 of the award at MBC year end award show...

Edited by Berou
please don't quote vids , thanks :)
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

They  didnt host the award show. They are just a presenter for 1 of the award at MBC year end award show...

 

Yup, I did say a segment. The difference between hosting and presenting is just semantics in my country since the presenters do go on stage and take over from the host for that segment.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

The waist pulling move turned the innocent kiss into something so passionate, I expected them to burst into flames then and there. :lol: I must hand it to the director and the writers, even though I have a few complaints, they really aced the lovestory of our couple.

 

right... :blush: 

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

You know I have a feeling that MBC had YSH-KSH pairing in mind ever since they hosted that small award segment a few years ago. They looked so good together, MBC couldn't miss out on their chemistry. Plus, I think YSH and KSH are MBC gems. They have both worked before with that channel.

 

57 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

 

Yup, I did say a segment. The difference between hosting and presenting is just semantics in my country since the presenters do go on stage and take over from the host for that segment.

 

that segment was last year and they promoted Ruler that they were filming by then through MBC Award Ceremony chingu!! :wink::wub: 

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

BTW still suffering from withdrawal. I was just watching the 16th episode where our King saves GE and gets hurt. The way he shielded her all throughout. :wub:

 

I so loved that scene and how he was really her shield and no one to reach and/or harm her!! :blush: 

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

Thanks for the clarification. Does this mean GE's mom died in childbirth?

 

it can be or years later but Ga Eun was still too young then too!!

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

BTW, I've been wondering, how involved are King and Queen in raising their own children? How close are they to their children? I know the Late King and CP's mom were very involved but that was due to CP's face being kept a secret.

 

I think it's like our commun life, parents are involved in their children's lives based on how much they want to whether they are royalties or not, there is those Kings and Queens who took care of their children closely and those who left them to be raised by the teachers and swordsmanship trainers sadly!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

 

right... :blush: 

 

 

that segment was last year and they promoted Ruler that they were filming by then through MBC Award Ceremony chingu!! :wink::wub: 

 

I so loved that scene and how he was really her shield and no one to reach and/or harm her!! :blush: 

 

it can be or years later but Ga Eun was still too young then too!!

 

I think it's like our commun life, parents are involved in their children's lives based on how much they want to whether they are royalties or not, there is those Kings and Queens who took care of their children closely and those who left them to be raised by the teachers and swordsmanship trainers sadly!!

 

Oh really? They were already filming when the awards happened? But the year says 2016 and I thought they didn't start shooting till January this year? When did the awards ceremony take place?

GE is his most precious person in the world. He loves her so deeply. :wub:

Ah I see..since everyone said that GE's father was not very wealthy to afford maids and servants, I assumed he must have had LS' mom be the nanny only because his wife died.

Hmmm, interesting, thankfully our King and GE will be very loving parents to their children.^_^ I wonder if the Late King would have been that involved with our CP's upbringing if he hadn't had to keep his face a secret. He seemed like a very typical King, one who would put his throne over relationships. I think he protected CP so much because he was the only heir. He did think CP was weak, if he had more children, I wonder how CP would have been treated.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

 

Oh really? They were already filming when the awards happened? But the year says 2016 and I thought they didn't start shooting till January this year? When did the awards ceremony take place?

GE is his most precious person in the world. He loves her so deeply. :wub:

Ah I see..since everyone said that GE's father was not very wealthy to afford maids and servants, I assumed he must have had LS' mom be the nanny only because his wife died.

Hmmm, interesting, thankfully our King and GE will be very loving parents to their children.^_^ I wonder if the Late King would have been that involved with our CP's upbringing if he hadn't had to keep his face a secret. He seemed like a very typical King, one who would put his throne over relationships. I think he protected CP so much because he was the only heir. He did think CP was weak, if he had more children, I wonder how CP would have been treated.

 

don't know much about that but I remember them showing the 1st teaser I think at the Award Ceremony if I remember right and Kim Soo Hyun talked about Yoo Seung Ho exercising his body too :wub: but we didn't get to see much *sigh* :(:tongue: 

here is the video with english sub!! :D 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Oh really? They were already filming when the awards happened? But the year says 2016 and I thought they didn't start shooting till January this year? When did the awards ceremony take place?

The award ceremony is at the end of 2016(Dec), after they announce the cast confirmation. They filming the teaser just for the promotional purpose at the award ceremony not for real episode in the drama.

24 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

don't know much about that but I remember them showing the 1st teaser I think at the Award Ceremony if I remember right and Kim Soo Hyun talked about Yoo Seung Ho exercising his body too :wub: but we didn't get to see much *sigh* :(:tongue: 

Yes, 1st teaser.They have this small segment for MBC 2017 drama, if not wrong "rebel" and "king loves" air their promotional video that night. If not wrong too Yoona n Siwan I think representative for "king loves" team.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to take a look at here after being gone for a week, and happy that u girls are still here :tongue: . Btw, I just found Ruler's OST (the instrumental ones) in youtube. Has anyone posted it here? I havent checked page 611 to 618

-Edited-

Sorry, just found out that it has been posted on page 612. Still many pages to read... 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...