Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

On 22/07/2017 at 7:55 PM, sakura2016 said:

awwwwwwwww :wub::wub::wub: 

Hide contents

heartou “Will you please be with me…forever?”

cr: heartou

I've stopped thinking about HG, because in conclusion she is just a second cast, not a heroin.

I repeat this drama many times and I fall in love with our OTP many times.

How not, just look at their hands alone I can feel the love of CP and GE.

Their gaze to speak, their voices speaking, their whole body as if talking. Love and lots of love.

KHS, for a young artist who never fell in love, I just saw a lot of love for GE.

YSH, for men who do not circulate because the girl is still young. I just see a lot of love also on our CP.

I really love their chemistry. I will be eagerly awaiting their next drama, the modern drama. Their chemistry is definitely not a joke.

Edited by Berou
Mod edit : please don't quote pics
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

My Monarch chingus! I am back!! :D was away for a wedding yesterday. And haha..they reminded me of our Jeonha and Queen GE. Both so happy and in love! :wub:

@YourHighness . i should rewatch every scenes too so i can see it in a bigger view like you are. But knowing me, I am just picking out OTP scenes, favorite scenes, and such. But I do remember how I felt when watching those scenes firsthand so it should be safe to base my thoughts on it haha. I did however think again about what I said about Gon having a warmer heart than LS. Technically, I had brush aside the fact that as an assassin of DM, he directly must have killed a lot of people too and knew everything PS was up to. But given his status, he was trained to kill and listen to orders. You gave your thoughts on it which made me think you are correct. Gon..in his way, was selfish too. In his eyes..he did only see HG like HG saw CP only. And while he thought of DM and PS..he mostly followed HG around. But..eek..can I really blame his selfishness when he is a trained assassin for PS, whose mind were most likely filled with 'to kill or be killed..' and yet he actually showed indirectly to us..that he loved HG? :blink: I was actually really touched by his humane side..I actually didn't ever think he would cry for HG dying. Him being a killer like he is..i didn't phantom the fact that he would be capable of crying for HG. Or maybe it is because I was too focused on knowing he would eventually switch side to help CP reclaim his throne hahaha :tongue: either way, Gon is one of the supporting cast I would have liked to see more of. And it is a pity that Gon/HG ship sunk. LS and Gon..both handled their love for HG and GE..differently. But you are correct. Both are not better than the other.

@herina_90 i know you like the idea with me..of Gon being warmer..but perhaps..Gon only became warmer after meeting and working directly with our CP? Notice how he observed CP when those kids were going home from the fields. It was almost like he was touched to see such a warm reunion but given his status and how he grew up, he couldn't phantom feeling..touched by small things like family and friends. Even MH was able to pat his shoulder and tell him to turn away during the hugging scene of our OTP hahaha. But being an assassin for DM and one of his top ones at that..he must have killed many innocents at the order of DM. So..then LS or him isn't any warmer or colder than the other. Both just followed a different path, had different lives, and treated their love for the woman they say they loved..differently? Am I even making sense? :blink:

Hahaha @YourHighness . and @sakura2016 i can see that now that after HG, the QD is next for you two and us to rip apart :lol::tongue:

Okay. Backreading time :) got a lot of catching up to do everywhere :)

I also want to see more gon. Especially when with CP and CW ... that's cool ..

I agree with you, Gon is more humane when he follows CP. I guess he does not just follow CP due to HG request again. Scenes delivering children and also the words CP when he says "PS people are still his people too" I think Gon was touched in the scene. It's just that our directors and writers do not describe it in detail.

Aahh ... I was fascinated by the action of the three of them. Gon - CP - CW. I always think bad afterwards. "Why HG is not made to die sooner." #lol ... I'm so bad .. hahaha

• Like 3

Hahaha @YourHighness . and @sakura2016 i can see that now that after HG, the QD is next for you two and us to rip apart :lol::tongue:

happy to have you back chingu!! :D 

hhhhhhhh I think so,poor them!! :lol::tongue: 

19 minutes ago, kiko11 said:

I've stopped thinking about HG, because in conclusion she is just a second cast, not a heroin.

I repeat this drama many times and I fall in love with our OTP many times.

How not, just look at their hands alone I can feel the love of CP and GE.

Their gaze to speak, their voices speaking, their whole body as if talking. Love and lots of love.

KHS, for a young artist who never fell in love, I just saw a lot of love for GE.

YSH, for men who do not circulate because the girl is still young. I just see a lot of love also on our CP.

I really love their chemistry. I will be eagerly awaiting their next drama, the modern drama. Their chemistry is definitely not a joke.

agree with you :D this OTP loving gazes and hands holding were anough to make me swoon and squee like a fool!! :blush: 

Kim So Hyun Talks About Filming Kiss Scene With Yoo Seung Ho For “Ruler: Master of the Mask”

kim-so-hyun4.jpg

Following the end of the hit drama, “Ruler: Master of the Mask,” actress Kim So Hyun sat down for an interview and talked about what it was like working with her co-stars and even opened up about the kiss scene she shared with Yoo Seung Ho.

First, she commented on her co-stars L and Yoo Seung Ho and said, “Both of them are very nice and pure. It was clear that they were very caring and respectful towards one another while filming. L is very hard working and ambitious. He is really good at reading other people and matching his acting to theirs. He has great attention to detail.”

Kim So Hyun then talked about Yoo Seung Ho and said, “There was one scene where Yoo Seung Ho and I had to ride a horse. Sometimes, these horses are hard to control and it can be really scary to be around them because it’s hard to predict their actions. While I was riding the horse with Yoo Seung Ho, the horse started to get a little out of control. We were both scared, but he urged me to sit on the safer side and tried to make the entire experience more safe for me. I was really grateful towards him.”

Finally, Kim So Hyun talked about the kiss scene she shot with Yoo Seung Ho. At first, she seemed very embarrassed and revealed, “We didn’t have to shoot the scenes many times, but it was a bit awkward. Whenever there is a romantic scene, the production staff would always make fun of me in a joking way. They are all very silly. I was really embarrassed on the inside but pretended like it didn’t matter and tried to focus on the filming.”

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/23/kim-so-hyun-talks-about-filming-kiss-scene-with-yoo-seung-ho/

• Like 4

Hi chingus!! Missed you all!! I'm so glad to be back in my happy haven here...

Sorry for being away for a while. Some intense happenings in this week's episodes of a drama I'm watching so ended up camping there a lot.

So what did I miss? *backreading*

• Like 2

Soooo our CP had indirectly proposed even a loooong time ago... How cute he was, turning his head away while answering and then turned back to check her reaction. Even GE complaining how long she must be his guide, was really teasing him since she was smiling.... Aaah, those young innocent time.... So glad to witness their steadfast love through all the trials and difficulties in their lives. I miss them......!!

tumblr_static_7d8enfazzf48ww0c4g8g00kc0.gif

@sakura2016 Thank you for sharing all those hand-holding gifs.... :wub: 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhh for a right reason!! :lol: 

they are slow learners but our King gave them a lesson they won't forget from now on!! :smirk: owww how much I wished for it too :( it would've been AWESOME!! from the moment our CP became a "burden" peddler till he became the most loved and trusted Chief Peddler I always thought and wished to see their reaction when they realise he's their King!! :wub: 

actually I do!! yes she was jealous and tried to kill our CP twice as a baby and as a young man but I can believe her that she was against Dea Mok's plan since I can see that she really loved her husband and hated our CP for being the "reason" to lose her husband and her brother obviously was lying not remembering her ordering him not to follow Dea Mok's plan that night and getting mad at him for allowing him to kill the lae King!!

Dea Mok knew before hand that the late King sent him a fake CP before even seeing him knowing he was planning on attacking him on the fake CP's initiation so his plan beforehand but not out of fear of the late King finding a way to free his son of being a puppet King since he was sure that there is no way out but because he knew the late King's plan in betraying their old deal!!

He sure did. Now they know none of their blackmails will work on our King. Even if they scream "Please listen to us Jeoha" to the rafters, he won't budge if he feels it's incorrect. :tongue::D

Oh, I don't doubt she didn't want the King dead but it looks like she did have a hand in poisoning Lady Bin, who else has the reach to poison CP's mom? So did she totally side with DM, no, but she did go halfway. She didn't want the King dead but I am certain she helped in killing Lady Bin. She wanted to keep the cake and eat it too. Too bad DM snatched the cake away. 

But I still doubt her nonsense on "I didn't want anymore blood spilled." :unamused: Pffft. :tongue:

My Monarch chingus! I am back!! :D was away for a wedding yesterday. And haha..they reminded me of our Jeonha and Queen GE. Both so happy and in love! :wub:

@YourHighness . i should rewatch every scenes too so i can see it in a bigger view like you are. But knowing me, I am just picking out OTP scenes, favorite scenes, and such. But I do remember how I felt when watching those scenes firsthand so it should be safe to base my thoughts on it haha. I did however think again about what I said about Gon having a warmer heart than LS. Technically, I had brush aside the fact that as an assassin of DM, he directly must have killed a lot of people too and knew everything PS was up to. But given his status, he was trained to kill and listen to orders. You gave your thoughts on it which made me think you are correct. Gon..in his way, was selfish too. In his eyes..he did only see HG like HG saw CP only. And while he thought of DM and PS..he mostly followed HG around. But..eek..can I really blame his selfishness when he is a trained assassin for PS, whose mind were most likely filled with 'to kill or be killed..' and yet he actually showed indirectly to us..that he loved HG? :blink: I was actually really touched by his humane side..I actually didn't ever think he would cry for HG dying. Him being a killer like he is..i didn't phantom the fact that he would be capable of crying for HG. Or maybe it is because I was too focused on knowing he would eventually switch side to help CP reclaim his throne hahaha :tongue: either way, Gon is one of the supporting cast I would have liked to see more of. And it is a pity that Gon/HG ship sunk. LS and Gon..both handled their love for HG and GE..differently. But you are correct. Both are not better than the other.

@herina_90 i know you like the idea with me..of Gon being warmer..but perhaps..Gon only became warmer after meeting and working directly with our CP? Notice how he observed CP when those kids were going home from the fields. It was almost like he was touched to see such a warm reunion but given his status and how he grew up, he couldn't phantom feeling..touched by small things like family and friends. Even MH was able to pat his shoulder and tell him to turn away during the hugging scene of our OTP hahaha. But being an assassin for DM and one of his top ones at that..he must have killed many innocents at the order of DM. So..then LS or him isn't any warmer or colder than the other. Both just followed a different path, had different lives, and treated their love for the woman they say they loved..differently? Am I even making sense? :blink:

Okay. Backreading time :) got a lot of catching up to do everywhere :)

Gon was no child. I really doubt we can blame PSG for his many killings. He could have easily left if he had found taking lives questionable. He didn't, so I wouldn't blame PSG.

What humane side? All he did was follow her orders lol. I don't think him crying for HG made him any more or any less human than he already was. Loving a person doesn't pardon you from the lives you have taken. Humane would be he crying for and regretting every life he took. Not just a person he loved.

Also, I think he may have been touched by CP reuniting the children with their parents but I don't think his loyalty to CP stemmed from that. He already knew and he had already seen CP's humane side when he sobbed for Chun Soo. He had seen him clamor to save GE's dad too. His loyalty belonged to HG, period. If she had asked him to destroy our King, Gon would have done that no matter CP's goodness.

LOL, na, QD, I think is already hashed upon by us during the end of the show. I'm thinking of discussing DM.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Soooo our CP had indirectly proposed even a loooong time ago... How cute he was, turning his head away while answering and then turned back to check her reaction. Even GE complaining how long she must be his guide, was really teasing him since she was smiling.... Aaah, those young innocent time.... So glad to witness their steadfast love through all the trials and difficulties in their lives. I miss them......!!

@sakura2016 Thank you for sharing all those hand-holding gifs.... :wub: 

hi chingu, happy t have you back with us!! :D and hope eveything turned out well with your other drama :tongue::D 

oh yeah, I was so happy and sad at that time knowing how everything could've went differentely if not for Lee Seon's father's death and everything that followed it that prevented our CP from fully proposing to Ga Eun and confessing to her about his identity too, it took them a long, hard and heartbreaking road to reach their happiness finally!! 

my pleasure chingu!! :wink::wub: 

57 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

He sure did. Now they know none of their blackmails will work on our King. Even if they scream "Please listen to us Jeoha" to the rafters, he won't budge if he feels it's incorrect. :tongue::D

Oh, I don't doubt she didn't want the King dead but it looks like she did have a hand in poisoning Lady Bin, who else has the reach to poison CP's mom? So did she totally side with DM, no, but she did go halfway. She didn't want the King dead but I am certain she helped in killing Lady Bin. She wanted to keep the cake and eat it too. Too bad DM snatched the cake away. 

But I still doubt her nonsense on "I didn't want anymore blood spilled." :unamused: Pffft. :tongue:

hhhhhh I love our King for that!! don't think about playing around him to make him do what he doesn't believe in!! :D:tongue: 

I don't think so, both killing the late King and our CP's mother were linked and planned hand to hand since Dea Mok had to get rid of our CP beside the late King and Lady Bin so he can put the puppet King he wants and one can realise and confirme that the CP was switched and the Queen was against killing the King and ordered her brother not to follow Dea Mok's orders and so she must've turned Dea Mok's offer to be on his side and kill lady Bin!! 

hhhhhh from what I saw she's not the kind to go the bloody way that much, she didn't even kill her maid who was a threat for her but decided to keep her away while still alive!! 

found this!! :wub: 

I fell deeply for him!! :heart:  

• Like 7

Hello my chingus!

@YourHighness . Since we were never shown more to Gon than what was given, it is safe to say that he never regretted his doings. Haha you already said a lot about him so we shall leave it as that :D and let us discuss DM :wink:

Ruler is still on withdrawal for me. I listen to the Osts and BGM all the time :wub:

• Like 7

@kentangbakar

thank you for this!

indeed there has not been enough credit given to GE's character.

As you said, there is bravery in kindness. it is often look down but indeed it should be looked up to.

• Like 10

@sakura2016  you always make my days bright and cheery!  thanks so much for all the wonderful gifs and thoughts.

@kentangbakar  this has been a truly tiring day and i needed to see cutie sohyunnie.  thank you for giving me precious GE.  i terribly miss them.  they are so addicting!

i am wishing, hoping and really praying for DVD director's cut.  been checking on yesasia often.  maybe after airing in Japan?  please please.  

@joyspartace  your wonderful fanfic keeps me sane.  you are a huge joy to a shipper's heart.  

• Like 8

23 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hi chingu, happy t have you back with us!! :D and hope eveything turned out well with your other drama :tongue::D 

oh yeah, I was so happy and sad at that time knowing how everything could've went differentely if not for Lee Seon's father's death and everything that followed it that prevented our CP from fully proposing to Ga Eun and confessing to her about his identity too, it took them a long, hard and heartbreaking road to reach their happiness finally!! 

my pleasure chingu!! :wink::wub: 

hhhhhh I love our King for that!! don't think about playing around him to make him do what he doesn't believe in!! :D:tongue: 

I don't think so, both killing the late King and our CP's mother were linked and planned hand to hand since Dea Mok had to get rid of our CP beside the late King and Lady Bin so he can put the puppet King he wants and one can realise and confirme that the CP was switched and the Queen was against killing the King and ordered her brother not to follow Dea Mok's orders and so she must've turned Dea Mok's offer to be on his side and kill lady Bin!! 

hhhhhh from what I saw she's not the kind to go the bloody way that much, she didn't even kill her maid who was a threat for her but decided to keep her away while still alive!! 

found this!! :wub: 

I fell deeply for him!! :heart:  

Who else had the ability to poison CP's mom if not her? I rather think she ordered her brother not to follow DM's orders totally. Meaning let DM and his men inside the palace but she did have CP's mom poisoned. I mean why not? What did she have to loose? With CP's mom dead, she could become the King's beloved again. But this is all guesswork. I wish the writers had shown clearly what happened that night with CP's mom.

Love the video! The piggyback BTS..I've never seen it with Eng Sub..is it available anywhere to watch?

16 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hello my chingus!

@YourHighness . Since we were never shown more to Gon than what was given, it is safe to say that he never regretted his doings. Haha you already said a lot about him so we shall leave it as that :D and let us discuss DM :wink:

Ruler is still on withdrawal for me. I listen to the Osts and BGM all the time :wub:

Haha..the withdrawal is still going strong with me. Still on rewatch even with the added new shows I am watching. :lol:

4 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

@kentangbakar

thank you for this!

indeed there has not been enough credit given to GE's character.

As you said, there is bravery in kindness. it is often look down but indeed it should be looked up to.

Exactly. I still can't believe people cheered that HG more than our GE. Like pfft. What is the world coming to.

BTW I noticed something during my rewatch. Our King told LS that he was on bedrest for months after falling from the cliff. How many months was that? Any guesses or any info from other subs?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

Who else had the ability to poison CP's mom if not her? I rather think she ordered her brother not to follow DM's orders totally. Meaning let DM and his men inside the palace but she did have CP's mom poisoned. I mean why not? What did she have to loose? With CP's mom dead, she could become the King's beloved again. But this is all guesswork. I wish the writers had shown clearly what happened that night with CP's mom.

Love the video! The piggyback BTS..I've never seen it with Eng Sub..is it available anywhere to watch?

Haha..the withdrawal is still going strong with me. Still on rewatch even with the added new shows I am watching. :lol:

Exactly. I still can't believe people cheered that HG more than our GE. Like pfft. What is the world coming to.

BTW I noticed something during my rewatch. Our King told LS that he was on bedrest for months after falling from the cliff. How many months was that? Any guesses or any info from other subs?

CP's mother got poisoned, if so it could have been one of the court ladies no surprise if one of them was DM's spies.

Well considering the time that CP was resting and everything. GE and the villagers were also trying to create a new village and find a source of water. my guess it would maybe be 1-2 months? I dont think it would have been that long. But definitely after CP left seeing GE to become the CP that one definitely required several months or maybe even a year or so.

the piggyback one is really cute, sadly i have not come across this video being subbed.

• Like 6

loving the gifs of there is bravery in kindness! so true of GE! 

I completely missed that months had passed since he fell off the cliff. Is it even possible? Would it have taken GE and the villagers months to build the first well??? They would have had to moved all their belongings and live with nothing for a long time then, since when CP found them, all they had was the one well. Hmmmm...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

CP's mother got poisoned, if so it could have been one of the court ladies no surprise if one of them was DM's spies.

Well considering the time that CP was resting and everything. GE and the villagers were also trying to create a new village and find a source of water. my guess it would maybe be 1-2 months? I dont think it would have been that long. But definitely after CP left seeing GE to become the CP that one definitely required several months or maybe even a year or so.

the piggyback one is really cute, sadly i have not come across this video being subbed.

Oh yeah, totally possible that DM had some spy courtladies in the palace.

1-2 months would seem right. He fell from quite a great height, he may have had some fractures too.

What? When? Do you mean after the forehead kiss? Didn't our CP say meet me here after 3 days? And after he saw her celebrating the well with the villagers, he left for 5 years. When was the several months or a year or so?

That's too bad, the piggyback one looks so cute.

1 hour ago, herina_90 said:

loving the gifs of there is bravery in kindness! so true of GE! 

I completely missed that months had passed since he fell off the cliff. Is it even possible? Would it have taken GE and the villagers months to build the first well??? They would have had to moved all their belongings and live with nothing for a long time then, since when CP found them, all they had was the one well. Hmmmm...

I think it was spring by that time and so they could sleep in the open? Water is the biggest necessity after all. And since you need to dig really deep for a well, I think 1-2 months would seem about right. Though I am a bit surprised that we did not see any bases of houses by then.

Since I am re-watching the show and our OTP moments, I noticed a gem. In episode 11 when GE follows the firefly and meets CP. There's this subtle moment where he sees GE staring at him. He is caught off guard since he had been thinking about her. He drops his gaze, unable to meet her eyes. Sucks in a breath, clearly fighting the temptation to tell her who he is and calling her GE-Ah but he fights it. His eyes flicker as he gathers his strength to act like a stranger before finally looking at her. All this in seconds. Amazing.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Oh yeah, totally possible that DM had some spy courtladies in the palace.

1-2 months would seem right. He fell from quite a great height, he may have had some fractures too.

What? When? Do you mean after the forehead kiss? Didn't our CP say meet me here after 3 days? And after he saw her celebrating the well with the villagers, he left for 5 years. When was the several months or a year or so?

That's too bad, the piggyback one looks so cute.

I think it was spring by that time and so they could sleep in the open? Water is the biggest necessity after all. And since you need to dig really deep for a well, I think 1-2 months would seem about right. Though I am a bit surprised that we did not see any bases of houses by then.

Since I am re-watching the show and our OTP moments, I noticed a gem. In episode 11 when GE follows the firefly and meets CP. There's this subtle moment where he sees GE staring at him. He is caught off guard since he had been thinking about her. He drops his gaze, unable to meet her eyes. Sucks in a breath, clearly fighting the temptation to tell her who he is and calling her GE-Ah but he fights it. His eyes flicker as he gathers his strength to act like a stranger before finally looking at her. All this in seconds. Amazing.  

oh right, i got it all mixed up haha! THE ORDER what you said was correct chingu! (: I

:tongue: yeah totally possible for DM to do so, infiltrating the palace wont be a difficult task for him.

haha YSH eye acting is always impressive :tongue:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

oh right, i got it all mixed up haha! THE ORDER what you said was correct chingu! (: I

:tongue: yeah totally possible for DM to do so, infiltrating the palace wont be a difficult task for him.

haha YSH eye acting is always impressive :tongue:

LOL, since I am rewatching, the scenes are fresh in my mind. I think I may end up learning every dialogue by the end of it. :lol:

He is. I discovered him in this show so I am super impressed with his talent. Can't believe he is only 23. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

LOL, since I am rewatching, the scenes are fresh in my mind. I think I may end up learning every dialogue by the end of it. :lol:

He is. I discovered him in this show so I am super impressed with his talent. Can't believe he is only 23. 

ha yeah welcome to YSH's acting world haha! Yeah he definitely the talented ones. Yes, I cannot believe he is younger than me -_-"

• Like 6

ahh...can someone explain to me about the hwageon-daemok conversation on "tea leaves". She said something that CP going to be a good king, we need a good tea leaves(king) in order to have a good taste tea (the people). I think in DB they describe it as intelligent conversation. While im here think, why would daemok want a good king?...Good king will give Pyonsoo Group a hard time. Unlike corrupted king, it will give them more upper hand in control the Joseon n gain more power and money...Do I understand it wrongly?.

• Like 4

Hi everyone got a little busy and still need some time to be around more but this is me saying Hi for now!! :D:wub: I was about to lose hope that we will have more MVs/OST MVs with english sub, but here it is!! :w00t::wub: 

• Like 3