Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Recommended Posts

ah they should have had one with just the King and GE ^^ so pretty that shot though ^^

I wonder where all these pictures are going to be? in the DVD? or like a photobook?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awwww GE looked uncomfortable with her Queen's hat - it must be very heavy - it looks like the actors were standing around for a very long time though. YSH even started swaying slightly side to side lollol

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I think months, I think they met again when it was start of spring and he became a King by summer? hmmmm

Hmm I don't think it's that long? Since DM didn't have that deadly flower pill anymore I assume it's not more than half month? 

It's so nicee to see BTS keep coming even though the drama ended already :D. There are so many hidden BTS, I think that KSH took selfie with YSH but didn't upload it lol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Awwww GE looked uncomfortable with her Queen's hat - it must be very heavy - it looks like the actors were standing around for a very long time though. YSH even started swaying slightly side to side lollol

Yeah, that's quite long, although I understand taking a huge group picture is never easy... How I wished DM, I mean the actor, was in there too... even if in his regular clothing. I understand that he went away for vacation when his scenes were done, which is why he wasn't at the wrap up party.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, herina_90 said:

Awwww GE looked uncomfortable with her Queen's hat - it must be very heavy - it looks like the actors were standing around for a very long time though. YSH even started swaying slightly side to side lollol

i feel like want to help her with the head thing..when she lead forward, im so afraid she will lose the balance..haih

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

LOL I am watching BOTWG and I have also given in and intend to watch The King Loves after reading the recaps, (So I will be joining @vangsweetie637 and everyone there soon :wink: I trust the writer, let's see where it goes) but I have made peace with the fact that my Ruler withdrawal is not going to subside anytime soon. I am surprised GE and CP had such a lasting effect on me, especially since I joined the wagon so late.  :lol: But they did have a very meaningful and epic love story so I shouldn't be so surprised and yet. :lol: After a re-watch as a whole, you kinda see how everything had a reason and why some characters acted the way they did. I no longer think the writers were as bad as we thought they were when the show was airing. I think our show makes a lot more sense when it's watched as a whole, without a break.

Yup and also, look how our couple has the same position, expression and stance. Not just love but also the same goal. The poster tells you a lot. :D

 

what's BOTWG? :huh: hhhhh that's the power of our OTP!! :wink::wub: and despite everything our drama still had captivating and enjoyable moments and I was never really mad at the writers :tongue: but good thing to know that watching it all over again made things more understandable and reasonable!! :D 

Spoiler

I'm still going to finish the drama I started (The Best Hit) but I had other priorities (our drama/Yoo Seung Ho) to look into before keeping with it!! :tongue: hhhhh as for The King's love I won't be watching it though I loved the writer's previous other two dramas but it doesn't have an actor that I love and I can see a the tragic ending coming my way and I only take the risk of sad ending or even dive in knowing I'm doomed for my bisas, exp: Lee Jun Ki-->SHR :heartbreak: , Yoo Seung Ho-->Ruler :heart:, maybe I'll watch The King's love if it had a happy ending and had good reviews :D 

 

it's surprising how we can now see the meanings within the poster more clearly now!! :D 

2 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

New BTS photo

QD so cute...ekekekekeke :D

 

Vid too~~~~

 

 

thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

so cute!! :wub: and is Yoo Seung Ho shaking his had making the royal hat he's wearing shaking or is it just me thinking that way?!! hhhhhh :wub: 

1 hour ago, herina_90 said:

Awwww GE looked uncomfortable with her Queen's hat - it must be very heavy - it looks like the actors were standing around for a very long time though. YSH even started swaying slightly side to side lollol

 

hhhhhhhhhhh so I saw it right!! not only me feeling that way!! :lol: he was so cute!! :wub: hhhhhhhh

I admire Kim Soo Hyun for being able to walk with that hat!! I feel pained myself thinking how heavy it must be...

so cute!! :wub: 

cr: owner

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sakura2016 ah thank you for sharing these gif

indeed CP and GE's hand holding ahhhh soooooo romantic! ohhh

Aawwwwww i think i am going to tear up :( me miss them so much!

Spoiler

BoTWG - Bride of the Water God (tvN drama Mon-tuesday)

LJK is coming back with Criminal minds, are you going to be watching it?

Same my heart broke during ML for LJK :heartbreak:

 

@YourHighness . I am also watching the same dramas as you. :tongue:

Spoiler

you have not started to watch TKL yet?

I am alright with it so far, I am enjoying the bromance more than i am in main romance so far haha!

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

 

what's BOTWG? :huh: hhhhh that's the power of our OTP!! :wink::wub: and despite everything our drama still had captivating and enjoyable moments and I was never really mad at the writers :tongue: but good thing to know that watching it all over again made things more understandable and reasonable!! :D 

  Reveal hidden contents

I'm still going to finish the drama I started (The Best Hit) but I had other priorities (our drama/Yoo Seung Ho) to look into before keeping with it!! :tongue: hhhhh as for The King's love I won't be watching it though I loved the writer's previous other two dramas but it doesn't have an actor that I love and I can see a the tragic ending coming my way and I only take the risk of sad ending or even dive in knowing I'm doomed for my bisas, exp: Lee Jun Ki-->SHR :heartbreak: , Yoo Seung Ho-->Ruler :heart:, maybe I'll watch The King's love if it had a happy ending and had good reviews :D 

 

it's surprising how we can now see the meanings within the poster more clearly now!! :D 

 

thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

so cute!! :wub: and is Yoo Seung Ho shaking his had making the royal hat he's wearing shaking or is it just me thinking that way?!! hhhhhh :wub: 

 

hhhhhhhhhhh so I saw it right!! not only me feeling that way!! :lol: he was so cute!! :wub: hhhhhhhh

I admire Kim Soo Hyun for being able to walk with that hat!! I feel pained myself thinking how heavy it must be...

so cute!! :wub:

cr: owner

I've been understanding the show properly after re-watching it. And you know what I've realized? DM was not as smart as we thought he was. LOL. He was not a very good strategist. We gave him too much credit. I think I also understand why he killed off HG instead of exiling her or punishing her in some other way. He had great potential to be an epic villain but he was just a good one from my POV. I think, I will write a post on him later.

BTW thanks for posting the GIF of our King and Queen. Our King really did love holding GE's hands. He never wasted an opportunity. I miss them so much. :(

 

Spoiler

 

Bride of the Water God is BOTWG:lol: and even I thought The Kings Love will be tragic but apparently, the second lead and the girl will become a couple and the King will become grey because of his jealousy and the struggle between love and the throne. It's supposed to have a happy ending. No one will be dying so I'm all good with it. LOL.

 

37 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

@sakura2016 ah thank you for sharing these gif

indeed CP and GE's hand holding ahhhh soooooo romantic! ohhh

Aawwwwww i think i am going to tear up :( me miss them so much!

  Reveal hidden contents

BoTWG - Bride of the Water God (tvN drama Mon-tuesday)

LJK is coming back with Criminal minds, are you going to be watching it?

Same my heart broke during ML for LJK :heartbreak:

 

@YourHighness . I am also watching the same dramas as you. :tongue:

  Reveal hidden contents

you have not started to watch TKL yet?

I am alright with it so far, I am enjoying the bromance more than i am in main romance so far haha!

 

Spoiler

No, not yet. I was unsure of the ending but now that I know how the characters will end up, I am on board. :lol: I am really scared of and HATE tragic endings. :lol:

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

@sakura2016 ah thank you for sharing these gif

indeed CP and GE's hand holding ahhhh soooooo romantic! ohhh

Aawwwwww i think i am going to tear up :( me miss them so much!

  Hide contents

BoTWG - Bride of the Water God (tvN drama Mon-tuesday)

LJK is coming back with Criminal minds, are you going to be watching it?

Same my heart broke during ML for LJK :heartbreak:

 

 

my pleasure!! :D:wub: I'm swooning with all those hands holding!! :blush: 

Spoiler

ohhh I get it now!! I'm checking some of its scenes but not really watching the drama!! :tongue: 

FOR SURE!! can't wait for it to start!! :w00t: 

my heart shattered for him there!! :heartbreak: 

 

3 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I've been understanding the show properly after re-watching it. And you know what I've realized? DM was not as smart as we thought he was. LOL. He was not a very good strategist. We gave him too much credit. I think I also understand why he killed off HG instead of exiling her or punishing her in some other way. He had great potential to be an epic villain but he was just a good one from my POV. I think, I will write a post on him later.

BTW thanks for posting the GIF of our King and Queen. Our King really did love holding GE's hands. He never wasted an opportunity. I miss them so much. :(

 

  Hide contents

No, not yet. I was unsure of the ending but now that I know how the characters will end up, I am on board. :lol: I am really scared of and HATE tragic endings. :lol:

 

 

hhhhhhhhhhh well Dea Mok was frightening thanks to the actor's great acting mostely :tongue: his biggest strength was the poppy poison and using it to controle those who are opposing Pyunsoohwe and use the people's greed to his advantage and use, he was smart in that!!

I'll be waiting for your post about him!! :D 

you're most welcome :D hhhhhh our King never misses a chance not even if he's surrounded by endless people :tongue: and I love him for it!!  :wub: 

Spoiler

what? it's sure they'll have a happy ending not a tragic one?!! that gives me more hope to think about watchig it!! :tongue: 

 

2 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

more BTS....I dont know where the owner got the pictures

more under the spoiler

  Hide contents
 

The masks

 

 

thank you for sharing chingu!! :wub: this time Yoo Seung Ho is looking straight while taking the pic!! hhhhh :wub: 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

more BTS....I dont know where the owner got the pictures

 

They have been removed :bawling:

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

 

my pleasure!! :D:wub: I'm swooning with all those hands holding!! :blush: 

  Reveal hidden contents

ohhh I get it now!! I'm checking some of its scenes but not really watching the drama!! :tongue: 

FOR SURE!! can't wait for it to start!! :w00t: 

my heart shattered for him there!! :heartbreak: 

 

 

hhhhhhhhhhh well Dea Mok was frightening thanks to the actor's great acting mostely :tongue: his biggest strength was the poppy poison and using it to controle those who are opposing Pyunsoohwe and use the people's greed to his advantage and use, he was smart in that!!

I'll be waiting for your post about him!! :D 

you're most welcome :D hhhhhh our King never misses a chance not even if he's surrounded by endless people :tongue: and I love him for it!!  :wub: 

  Hide contents

what? it's sure they'll have a happy ending not a tragic one?!! that gives me more hope to think about watchig it!! :tongue: 

 

 

thank you for sharing chingu!! :wub: this time Yoo Seung Ho is looking straight while taking the pic!! hhhhh :wub: 

Yeah, I credit the actor for DM too. Without him DM would have fizzled out into nothing. BTW CP's mom saw through HG like us. She met her and didnot like her at all. Did not even crack a smile at her. Just watched her with a stony expression but she was so gentle with our GE. :lol:

Our CP really didnot care about anyone and their judgement. Not even the power of the throne. It was his greatest strength that helped him retain his throne and get GE to be his Queen. If he had cared even a little then the ministers would have wrapped him in their stupid rules and demands.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

They have been removed :bawling:

Yeah, I credit the actor for DM too. Without him DM would have fizzled out into nothing. BTW CP's mom saw through HG like us. She met her and didnot like her at all. Did not even crack a smile at her. Just watched her with a stony expression but she was so gentle with our GE. :lol:

Our CP really didnot care about anyone and their judgement. Not even the power of the throne. It was his greatest strength that helped him retain his throne and get GE to be his Queen. If he had cared even a little then the ministers would have wrapped him in their stupid rules and demands.

awww...it is not removed, but the owner change her ig to private mode....sobs...but i believe there are fans who manage to repost the ig posts.

about CP mom, not only she didnt smile at HG, HG also kind of challenge/no respect towards CP's mom.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

Yeah, I credit the actor for DM too. Without him DM would have fizzled out into nothing. BTW CP's mom saw through HG like us. She met her and didnot like her at all. Did not even crack a smile at her. Just watched her with a stony expression but she was so gentle with our GE. :lol:

Our CP really didnot care about anyone and their judgement. Not even the power of the throne. It was his greatest strength that helped him retain his throne and get GE to be his Queen. If he had cared even a little then the ministers would have wrapped him in their stupid rules and demands.

 

hhhhhhhhhh really?!! I forgot that part :lol: I only remember the mother's love for her future daughter-in-law :wub: but she didn't like Hwa Gun?!! :lol: she had a great 6th sens!! :lol:

if he cared for the authorities and rules he would've never became the King he became, his 1st step outside of the palace was the 1st step we got to see of the CP growing into the great King who wouldn't hold back following the rules and his status!! :wink::wub: and that also helped him winning loyal people to his side who can trust him not turning his back on them and sacrifice them for the rules and the greater good!! :wub: 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@YourHighness . @sakura2016 i remember the moment! when HG and her dad came to find QD to talk about CP's wife - QD had let CP's mom have a say in picking CP's wide. Actually thinking back, this part of the writing was strange... was QD pretending to be nice to CP's mom? Did we figure out exactly who poisoned her? I thought it was made such that QD had been taken by surprise by DM's invasion of the palace 5 years ago. So was it all DM's plan to take away everything from the late King? Hmmmmmm.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

@YourHighness . @sakura2016 i remember the moment! when HG and her dad came to find QD to talk about CP's wife - QD had let CP's mom have a say in picking CP's wide. Actually thinking back, this part of the writing was strange... was QD pretending to be nice to CP's mom? Did we figure out exactly who poisoned her? I thought it was made such that QD had been taken by surprise by DM's invasion of the palace 5 years ago. So was it all DM's plan to take away everything from the late King? Hmmmmmm.

 

yeah I remember that and surely the Queen was pretending to be nice, her fake smile was so telling!! hhhhhh about what happened 5 years ago, I was sure that the Queen took Dea Mok's side when she was asked to make a choice that day and I believed that she helped him in killing our CP's mother and the late King but now we can know that she didn't really betray the royal family despite her anger and jealoucy and her brother was the one who helped Dea Mok allowing him inside the palace and keeping the royal guards away not facing Dea Mok and his man to protect the late King and obviously it was Dea Mok's other allies who killed the mother too to get rid of the only remaining person (aside from the late King he was about to kill) who can know and blow out the fact that the CP was switched!! the Queen would've helped in killing the mother if she was on Dea Mok's side and plan but she wasn't and she was against it so she wasn't the one behind the mother's death but another ally of Dea Mok inside the palace!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

awww...it is not removed, but the owner change her ig to private mode....sobs...but i believe there are fans who manage to repost the ig posts.

about CP mom, not only she didnt smile at HG, HG also kind of challenge/no respect towards CP's mom.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I guess since CP's mom was a concubine, HG may have thought she was beneath her station to acknowledge properly.

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

 

hhhhhhhhhh really?!! I forgot that part :lol: I only remember the mother's love for her future daughter-in-law :wub: but she didn't like Hwa Gun?!! :lol: she had a great 6th sens!! :lol:

if he cared for the authorities and rules he would've never became the King he became, his 1st step outside of the palace was the 1st step we got to see of the CP growing into the great King who wouldn't hold back following the rules and his status!! :wink::wub: and that also helped him winning loyal people to his side who can trust him not turning his back on them and sacrifice them for the rules and the greater good!! :wub: 

She sure did..she totally disapproved of HG for CP. LOL!

Exactly. The minsters should have known our King was not the conventional throne hungry King who would bow to their every whim fearing he will be dethroned. The fact that he didn't care is what made him a tough cookie in dealing with them. :D I wish we could have seen the Peddlers reaction to knowing that their Chief is the King of Joseon.

3 hours ago, herina_90 said:

@YourHighness . @sakura2016 i remember the moment! when HG and her dad came to find QD to talk about CP's wife - QD had let CP's mom have a say in picking CP's wide. Actually thinking back, this part of the writing was strange... was QD pretending to be nice to CP's mom? Did we figure out exactly who poisoned her? I thought it was made such that QD had been taken by surprise by DM's invasion of the palace 5 years ago. So was it all DM's plan to take away everything from the late King? Hmmmmmm.

Yeah she was pretending to be nice to CP's mom. She clearly disliked her.

I dunno how much we can trust QD's retelling of the story. Her excuse for going with DM's plan and not outing he fake King seems very flimsy especially since the minute she came to know our CP was alive, she tried to kill him.

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

 

yeah I remember that and surely the Queen was pretending to be nice, her fake smile was so telling!! hhhhhh about what happened 5 years ago, I was sure that the Queen took Dea Mok's side when she was asked to make a choice that day and I believed that she helped him in killing our CP's mother and the late King but now we can know that she didn't really betray the royal family despite her anger and jealoucy and her brother was the one who helped Dea Mok allowing him inside the palace and keeping the royal guards away not facing Dea Mok and his man to protect the late King and obviously it was Dea Mok's other allies who killed the mother too to get rid of the only remaining person (aside from the late King he was about to kill) who can know and blow out the fact that the CP was switched!! the Queen would've helped in killing the mother if she was on Dea Mok's side and plan but she wasn't and she was against it so she wasn't the one behind the mother's death but another ally of Dea Mok inside the palace!!

 

You believe her story? Her story makes no sense. If she was so against spilling blood then why in the world did she keep nudging the General to bring in his massive troops and start a war? Why did she try to kil our CP when he appeared in front of her as Chief Peddler?

And I am wondering about DM's plan to kill CP's mom and dad..how was it planned? Did they send people ahead to kill CP's mom after finding out about the fake CP? Or was it all planned beforehand because they feared the King will find a way to free his son of being a puppet King?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

She sure did..she totally disapproved of HG for CP. LOL!

Exactly. The minsters should have known our King was not the conventional throne hungry King who would bow to their every whim fearing he will be dethroned. The fact that he didn't care is what made him a tough cookie in dealing with them. :D I wish we could have seen the Peddlers reaction to knowing that their Chief is the King of Joseon.

 

hhhhhhhhh for a right reason!! :lol: 

they are slow learners but our King gave them a lesson they won't forget from now on!! :smirk: owww how much I wished for it too :( it would've been AWESOME!! from the moment our CP became a "burden" peddler till he became the most loved and trusted Chief Peddler I always thought and wished to see their reaction when they realise he's their King!! :wub: 

53 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

You believe her story? Her story makes no sense. If she was so against spilling blood then why in the world did she keep nudging the General to bring in his massive troops and start a war? Why did she try to kil our CP when he appeared in front of her as Chief Peddler?

And I am wondering about DM's plan to kill CP's mom and dad..how was it planned? Did they send people ahead to kill CP's mom after finding out about the fake CP? Or was it all planned beforehand because they feared the King will find a way to free his son of being a puppet King?

 

actually I do!! yes she was jealous and tried to kill our CP twice as a baby and as a young man but I can believe her that she was against Dea Mok's plan since I can see that she really loved her husband and hated our CP for being the "reason" to lose her husband and her brother obviously was lying not remembering her ordering him not to follow Dea Mok's plan that night and getting mad at him for allowing him to kill the lae King!!

Dea Mok knew before hand that the late King sent him a fake CP before even seeing him knowing he was planning on attacking him on the fake CP's initiation so his plan beforehand but not out of fear of the late King finding a way to free his son of being a puppet King since he was sure that there is no way out but because he knew the late King's plan in betraying their old deal!!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Monarch chingus! I am back!! :D was away for a wedding yesterday. And haha..they reminded me of our Jeonha and Queen GE. Both so happy and in love! :wub:

@YourHighness . i should rewatch every scenes too so i can see it in a bigger view like you are. But knowing me, I am just picking out OTP scenes, favorite scenes, and such. But I do remember how I felt when watching those scenes firsthand so it should be safe to base my thoughts on it haha. I did however think again about what I said about Gon having a warmer heart than LS. Technically, I had brush aside the fact that as an assassin of DM, he directly must have killed a lot of people too and knew everything PS was up to. But given his status, he was trained to kill and listen to orders. You gave your thoughts on it which made me think you are correct. Gon..in his way, was selfish too. In his eyes..he did only see HG like HG saw CP only. And while he thought of DM and PS..he mostly followed HG around. But..eek..can I really blame his selfishness when he is a trained assassin for PS, whose mind were most likely filled with 'to kill or be killed..' and yet he actually showed indirectly to us..that he loved HG? :blink: I was actually really touched by his humane side..I actually didn't ever think he would cry for HG dying. Him being a killer like he is..i didn't phantom the fact that he would be capable of crying for HG. Or maybe it is because I was too focused on knowing he would eventually switch side to help CP reclaim his throne hahaha :tongue: either way, Gon is one of the supporting cast I would have liked to see more of. And it is a pity that Gon/HG ship sunk. LS and Gon..both handled their love for HG and GE..differently. But you are correct. Both are not better than the other.

@herina_90 i know you like the idea with me..of Gon being warmer..but perhaps..Gon only became warmer after meeting and working directly with our CP? Notice how he observed CP when those kids were going home from the fields. It was almost like he was touched to see such a warm reunion but given his status and how he grew up, he couldn't phantom feeling..touched by small things like family and friends. Even MH was able to pat his shoulder and tell him to turn away during the hugging scene of our OTP hahaha. But being an assassin for DM and one of his top ones at that..he must have killed many innocents at the order of DM. So..then LS or him isn't any warmer or colder than the other. Both just followed a different path, had different lives, and treated their love for the woman they say they loved..differently? Am I even making sense? :blink:

Hahaha @YourHighness . and @sakura2016 i can see that now that after HG, the QD is next for you two and us to rip apart :lol::tongue:

**

Okay. Backreading time :) got a lot of catching up to do everywhere :)

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...