Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Recommended Posts

Hi, @vangsweetie637 !

Spoiler

Hehehe..yeah, let's watch the drama. I dont want to be too excited, though.. Luckily I havent watched the original version, so I dont have too high expectation other that I want it to be good !

 

18 hours ago, kiko11 said:

 

Hahaha ... I do not know ... because I'm kind :-p (please do not throw me ... xixiixixi) ... I'll just think, they're probably just teenagers who still do not quite understand life.

I agree with this. They are actually still young, so I can tolerate several mistakes that they madem. That's why, despite being annoying with their actions (evil LS, clueless GE, etc2), I dont hate anyone . Well I dont hate QD and DM too, but it's because I like the actor and actress.

 

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think it's called blind love, chingus.... Her love is blind.... B)

Agree with this too. It's like a first crush that turned into love/obsession. You met a young handsome boy who was totally your type, then you just wanted to know about him. HG met CP when he had problems, so by helping him, I guess she sympathized him then the feeling grew stronger. Too bad that the show didnt show her feelings/desire other than that love/obsession toward CP. Otherwise, it'll be easier to understand her.

Wow, I have to backtrack again. This thread is moving fast and I'm late again 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

 

Lol. I thought we were filming with the cast too LOL!! Indeed..we spent a lot of time fangirling and discussing that we know each other well..and not just us but every one of us :D

Haha yes good for me. I don't have to find songs for her. Oo..when you find it let us know. So far..we are still looking for it too :)

 

hhhhh true!! :D 

and @herina_90 couldn't find it!! :blink::o I'm replaying them while re-hearing the BGM in the scene

 

 but could't find it!! :huh: 

24 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hi, @vangsweetie637 !

  Reveal hidden contents

Hehehe..yeah, let's watch the drama. I dont want to be too excited, though.. Luckily I havent watched the original version, so I dont have too high expectation other that I want it to be good !

 

I agree with this. They are actually still young, so I can tolerate several mistakes that they madem. That's why, despite being annoying with their actions (evil LS, clueless GE, etc2), I dont hate anyone . Well I dont hate QD and DM too, but it's because I like the actor and actress.

 

Agree with this too. It's like a first crush that turned into love/obsession. You met a young handsome boy who was totally your type, then you just wanted to know about him. HG met CP when he had problems, so by helping him, I guess she sympathized him then the feeling grew stronger. Too bad that the show didnt show her feelings/desire other than that love/obsession toward CP. Otherwise, it'll be easier to understand her.

Wow, I have to backtrack again. This thread is moving fast and I'm late again 

 

hhhhhhh you mean you loved hating them right?!! you can't love them when they are hateful! :lol:

agree!! sadly we didn't see more into her feelings and reasoning which made understanding her hard!!

I'm happy that it's still moving!! :D now we have a new mission: find the truth BGM's title among the released soundtracks!! :lol::wink: 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

 

hhhhh true!! :D 

couldn't find it!! :blink::o I'm replaying them while re-hearing the BGM in the scene

 but could't find it!! :huh: 

 

hhhhhhh you mean you loved hating them right?!! you can't love them when they are hateful! :lol:

agree!! sadly we didn't see more into her feelings and reasoning which made understanding her hard!!

I'm happy that it's still moving!! :D now we have a new mission: find the truth BGM's title among the released soundtracks!! :lol::wink: 

Nooo I dont hate them, seriously *eh who are u talking about?? QD and DM right? I like them, hihihi. I like DM more actually, coz I found him so charismatic as a villain. Sometimes, there are villains who are plainly hateable (like the water guy), but I still find DM charismatic and likeable. I even like him more than HG's dad *LOL*. Still, I think that it's purely because of the actor's charisma. The way he handled CP were just smart and full of elegance, I dunno how to describe it :tongue: . Perhaps I wouldnt like him if it is played by a weaker actor. 

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the instrumental BGM, the one playing as a closing theme. It sounded cool. I hope they release it on youtube too later

-Edited-

Eh, just saw the clip. Awww..that is a heartbreaking scene. It's like something that CP had feared the most : GE finding out about him ordering her Dad :(

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still on HG (because we love her so :D)... you know what, I think the writers have been consistent with what they want to portray of HG's character. I only realized it now but check out the promotion poster below. All other leads looking to the front, only HG is the one looking at CP... She only has eyes for him... Amazing...

18253196_1307808622659517_24121952599801

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Nooo I dont hate them, seriously *eh who are u talking about?? QD and DM right? I like them, hihihi. I like DM more actually, coz I found him so charismatic as a villain. Sometimes, there are villains who are plainly hateable (like the water guy), but I still find DM charismatic and likeable. I even like him more than HG's dad *LOL*. Still, I think that it's purely because of the actor's charisma. The way he handled CP were just smart and full of elegance, I dunno how to describe it :tongue: . Perhaps I wouldnt like him if it is played by a weaker actor. 

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the instrumental BGM, the one playing as a closing theme. It sounded cool. I hope they release it on youtube too later

-Edited-

Eh, just saw the clip. Awww..that is a heartbreaking scene. It's like something that CP had feared the most : GE finding out about him ordering her Dad :(

 

hhhhhhhhh my definitin in enjoyineg a villain like Dea Mok is a love to hate!! he's smart and charismatic andguives you "you should fear me, I'm not someone to mess with" vibe which is a great thing to enjoy hating him unlike the Chief of Water Bureau who's only barking so you just want to throw a stck at his head to shut him up :lol: I was happy with the few moments we got to see the chief being human/loyal even if on the wrong side than just being a barking dog who'd just do as his told and be selfish for being selfish!!

you mean the one played at the wedding :wub: it's Avance Of The Monarch :wub: 

Spoiler

 

 

 

and by the very end it turned back to the main them of the drama :wub: 

Spoiler

 

 

true!! all he feared came true and he can't do anything but take the blame feeling guilty for it and heartbroken to see her in pain because of him :heartbreak: 

46 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

@sakura2016 i haven't found it yet too! T_T im still listening so hopefully it was released!

 

hope so!! couldn't find it myself :( do share if you find it :) 

have to go now, see you all later hopefully!! :wub: 

edit: @ktcjdrama yeah I noticed it too while hearing the soundtrucks since it had the same poster you shared with us on the videos!! she's only looking at him while all others are looking the same other spot!! our CP is her only concern!! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, herina_90 said:

@sakura2016 @vangsweetie637 I'm playing the entire ost while working keke. Hoping to find it as i go through the entire album.

There's one i really like -  the one called Destiny Waltz! I think it was used in the scene too 

It is really cute how you all are going into detective mode @vangsweetie637 @sakura2016 @herina_90

Haha I think at least for the otp scenes there are about four different tracks that get used.

1. Monarch Main Theme (this one there are different versions used in the drama)

2. Gaun's Sonata 

3. destiny Waltz 

4. Love for the Monach 

5. Longing 

-I think 2-5 are dedicated to love moments or otp moments at times in the drama.

about some of the BGM's not being in the OST, it is highly possible not all the BGM's in the drama can be found in the album. Sometimes it is common for the OST not to contain everything.

it is also possible that some of the tracks get rearranged just for certain scenes.

i am hoping that we get another Part 2 of instrumentals but so far I have not heard anything. Have you? @findit

I am glad everyone is enjoying the album ^^ 

EDIT:

about the last ending theme, I believe it is still the Monarch Main Theme as well as Advance of the Monarch?

About the truth scene - it is abit hard to hear the entire track because of the voices.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:

@rhaps haha be prepared when you backtrack because the main topic was mostly about HG..again :tongue:

Spoiler

Yes let's meet there and discuss :) i have seen the American version and a huge fan of it. Followed it up to season 10 out of 12. But i am not expecting the Korean version to be just like it. I usually don't compare shows like that because i know every concepts are portrayed differently. What matters is being able to make me immerse in the concept :wink:

@sakura2016 @herina_90 

Still can't find it either :(

@ktcjdrama haha..no matter how many times I break HG apart..she remains the same to me lol. Whoa. I never realized that about the poster. Right on with HG and her eyes to CP then :D

@kaoriharang i am so glad the album included the music for the OTP scenes. But the one for truth scene is still the one we are all looking for lol. And i am enjoying the Osts.

Edit 

@kaoriharang haha detective mode is the result of Ruler withdrawal :tongue: yes. The ending theme was a combination of both those BGM together. It is the truth scene one that has us in a bind because it sounds so familiar to the other osts and yet it doesn't too. And the voices do make it hard for us to listen. Only when there is a moment of silence that I can hear the music without their voices :D haha and i see you are becoming detective with us too lol but then again..we were all already detectives when we became zoomers haha

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

:lol:

@rhaps haha be prepared when you backtrack because the main topic was mostly about HG..again :tongue:

  Reveal hidden contents

Yes let's meet there and discuss :) i have seen the American version and a huge fan of it. But i am not expecting the Korean version to be just like it. I usually don't compare shows like that because i know every concepts are portrayed differently. What matters is being able to make me immerse in the concept :wink:

@sakura2016 @herina_90 

Still can't find it either :(

@ktcjdrama haha..no matter how many times I break HG apart..she remains the same to me lol. Whoa. I never realized that about the poster. Right on with HG and her eyes to CP then :D

@kaoriharang i am so glad the album included the music for the OTP scenes. But the one for truth scene is still the one we are all looking for lol. And i am enjoying the Osts.

 

I think the truth one is a bit difficult, it is a bit hard to heard the track as well.

My guess is that it is "Pain heart" towards the end of the song, it sounds similar but I am not completely sure.

haha!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

@vangsweetie637 @kaoriharang @sakura2016 I've been through the whole album and couldn't find it.  Maybe it just wasnt released :( hahaha the lack of ruler is bringing put the detective in us. Next week will be worse with no new interviews or pics. 

haha the truth one?Yea it is possible, not all the songs get release, at least those that are very minor. I think the truth scene maybe just a part of another bigger track thats why it cant be found.

oh yeah, now that you mention it chingu. oh dear, the withdrawal would be really worse :( Well we will try to keep it going over at the shipper's thread I am sure we will have occasional news of our two main leads :D

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

@vangsweetie637 @kaoriharang @sakura2016 I've been through the whole album and couldn't find it.  Maybe it just wasnt released :( hahaha the lack of ruler is bringing put the detective in us. Next week will be worse with no new interviews or pics. 

 

5 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

haha the truth one?Yea it is possible, not all the songs get release, at least those that are very minor. I think the truth scene maybe just a part of another bigger track thats why it cant be found.

oh yeah, now that you mention it chingu. oh dear, the withdrawal would be really worse :(

 

Yup i agree. I have listen to the whole OST..put them on repeat..watching truth scene on one tab..then replaying ost on another. None has won the prize. So i am thinking it was not released..or it is a compilation of the other Osts which doesn't need to be on the album. However, it sounds like a whole new Ost too :blink: 

Aww..i know. The withdrawal will be horrible. But at least we all will suffer together..and have other dramas to watch while rewatching Ruler since it is complete now :)

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

 

 

Yup i agree. I have listen to the whole OST..put them on repeat..watching truth scene on one tab..then replaying ost on another. None has won the prize. So i am thinking it was not released..or it is a compilation of the other Osts which doesn't need to be on the album. However, it sounds like a whole new Ost too :blink: 

Aww..i know. The withdrawal will be horrible. But at least we all will suffer together..and have other dramas to watch while rewatching Ruler since it is complete now :)

 

 

Yeah the full instrumentals are uncut and unedited, so I feel at times when we watch the drama it only sounds like a particular portion of a whole full track, hence when you listen to the instrumentals, some tracks may be unfamiliar actually.

But i believe it is part of another full whole track. haha well yes we can suffer together. At least next week another drama of ours is out ^^ Btw chingu, are you active at yoona's one? I have not gone over yet.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

 

Yeah the full instrumentals are uncut and unedited, so I feel at times when we watch the drama it only sounds like a particular portion of a whole full track, hence when you listen to the instrumentals, some tracks may be unfamiliar actually.

But i believe it is part of another full whole track. haha well yes we can suffer together. At least next week another drama of ours is out ^^ Btw chingu, are you active at yoona's one? I have not gone over yet.

 

I agree. I think it is part of another track but it is just hard to locate because it may have not been fully released or used. And..i don't remember if it was used in another scene other than the truth scene? If so..it is possible that the music was made only for that scene? Haha yes. We will suffer together. And definitely it will be alright because we have the other dramas to discuss too :)

Spoiler

As for the Yoona one..i have been there a little. There is only one site subbing the drama which makes it very hard for me to follow the drama. My websites keep crashing too and I don't have access to the site that is legally subbing it. So unfortunately, I am not too active there. It is hard to discuss with the chingus there when I don't have full subtitles. T_T i am hoping I don't have the same problem with LJK's drama. I will watch it from websites if necessary but hopefully it doesn't only rely on one subbing site. 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

 

I agree. I think it is part of another track but it is just hard to locate because it may have not been fully released or used. And..i don't remember if it was used in another scene other than the truth scene? If so..it is possible that the music was made only for that scene? Haha yes. We will suffer together. And definitely it will be alright because we have the other dramas to discuss too :)

  Reveal hidden contents

As for the Yoona one..i have been there a little. There is only one site subbing the drama which makes it very hard for me to follow the drama. My websites keep crashing too and I don't have access to the site that is legally subbing it. So unfortunately, I am not too active there. It is hard to discuss with the chingus there when I don't have full subtitles. T_T i am hoping I don't have the same problem with LJK's drama. I will watch it from websites if necessary but hopefully it doesn't only rely on one subbing site. 

 

perhaps, it could just be a small track created for that one scene hence thats why it is not included in the album. It happens.

haha yes i guess we will suffer all together. At least I am seeing you in two different threads already (:

Spoiler

ah that one, I know it takes a long time to get subbed. I have another website that I know that you can watch it? What site do you use? PM ^^

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kaoriharang yup that makes sense. I don't recall that music on any other scenes. Aww yes we have met in 2 different threads already :D and another one next week too.

Btw..i sent you a PM :wink:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kaoriharang hhhhhhhh we can't move on from the skills we got through watching Ruler, still using it till now!! :lol: 

I agree with you on the BGM tracks you mentioned for our OTP :wub:...as for the ending scene yes it's Advance of the Monarch then the main theme and @herina_90 @kaoriharang @vangsweetie637 the truth scene BGM isn't in any of the released soundtracks I believe, I can hear the music and it's different from the ones I kept on repeating!! hope we will get it released later if that's possible!! it's really beautiful!! :wub: 

sooooo beautiful!! :wub: 

cr: owner

cr: owner

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

@kaoriharang hhhhhhhh we can't move on from the skills we got through watching Ruler, still using it till now!! :lol: 

I agree with you on the BGM tracks you mentioned for our OTP :wub:...as for the ending scene yes it's Advance of the Monarch then the main theme and @herina_90 @kaoriharang @vangsweetie637 the truth scene BGM isn't in any of the released soundtracks I believe, I can hear the music and it's different from the ones I kept on repeating!! hope we will get it released later if that's possible!! it's really beautiful!! :wub: 

sooooo beautiful!! :wub:

 

yup sadly this BGM is not included in the album but we will see there may be a possibility of another release but lets see for now.

I have been listening to the BGMs ^^ sooo beautiful!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...