Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

17 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Good morning my chingus!! :D 

Ahhh..woke up to see a new instrumental ost is released! One of my favorites! @jakey09this is the Ost that I know you wanted too. But i can't paste link for u :( look for it from chingus above :)

@kaoriharang yes pm me too chingu :D thanks.

Okay. Backreading time now :)

just PM (: ^^ yes you are waking up to nice news hehe!

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Which reminds me, does anyone know if my subs are correct in this scene where our CP asks for the Kings permission to leave and find out the answer to destroying PSG?

"I now have someone I should stake my life and fight for the people, and someone I should stake my life to protect. Before I switch positions with Lee Sun and leave the palace, I will meet these two."

The sentence constructions seems weird, hence the question. He meant DM and our GE, right? So in a way did he tell his dad that he had someone he would lay down his life to protect? Someone he loves? And when he mentioned that he would like to take GE with him that night, his dad understood who his son would protect with his life?

Yes that's what he meant. Which was soon followed by his visit to DM to give him flower in ep.7 and his meeting with GE to give her necklace at beginning of ep.8. I believe his dad understood what GE meant for CP.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

Which reminds me, does anyone know if my subs are correct in this scene where our CP asks for the Kings permission to leave and find out the answer to destroying PSG?

"I now have someone I should stake my life and fight for the people, and someone I should stake my life to protect. Before I switch positions with Lee Sun and leave the palace, I will meet these two."

The sentence constructions seems weird, hence the question. He meant DM and our GE, right? So in a way did he tell his dad that he had someone he would lay down his life to protect? Someone he loves? And when he mentioned that he would like to take GE with him that night, his dad understood who his son would protect with his life?

Yes that's what he meant. Which was soon followed by his visit to DM to give him flower in ep.7 and his meeting with GE to give her necklace at beginning of ep.8. I believe his dad understood what GE meant for CP.

yes our King meant Ga Eun by the person he'd protect and his father and mother bothe understood that!!

37 minutes ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

thank you so much chingu!! :wub: 

• Like 3

Aww..i miss this drama so much! I am writing this while listening to the instrumental osts on YT. Thanks @Ahmad Kamil for the link and videos. It has most of the instrumental osts. And thanks @kaoriharang for sending me the links :)

Haha I feel like I have dissected HG layer by layer already and the result is the same. 

@YourHighness . Definitely that was one of your longest post on here but I have certainly seen your longer posts at our other threads too :D instead of going back and forth replying to your points which were very valid, I will say what I do remember from reading it twice, alongside with what other chingus already said too.

@YourHighness . @ktcjdrama @kaoriharang @sakura2016

In regards to HG..i don't hate her but I do not consider her a hero either. If only her character had been more developed then we could have seen her more in depth. She was quite underdeveloped even if she was seen as being more powerful than GE's character. I also agree. She indirectly had blood on her hands and didn't care about the people which proved right during the poppy field vs kids. And I also agree that without Gon, she could not have really truly helped CP. So a point was made that the actual savior was Gon, not HG. And this is true to its sense. Gon was always by her side and he was the one keeping tabs on CP for her. So all the information she knew was directly from Gon himself. If she had not known, she wouldn't have had the chance to plan or react. I also cannot understand where her love for CP stemmed from. If it was at that greenhouse moment..exactly what left her an impression of him on her enough to love him suddenly? Perhaps it was the fact as someone mentioned that for the first time..she felt overpowered. But if so, she should have already known CP was a higher status than the ones she has ever come across who can easily overpower anyone..so..i am quite confused as well haha. But..thing is..I do appreciate that she never tried to manipulate the relationship between CP and GE. Her infatuation to CP only circled around him and when GE was involved, she always was jealous but never became a richard simmons second lead. However her actions to me were never heroic even at the poppy field. To me..that was a suicide mission. She knew and planned what will happen all along. If she accidentally burned the field or did right at the moment without thinking than perhaps I can call her actions as somewhat heroic. The fact that she indirectly killed innocents does not make her good deeds a redemption. And most of all, we are never shown that she goes back to rethink all her wrong deeds. This means it has never crossed her mind to think of anything else but CP. Yes she is a merchant who stepped away from PS. She had powers and money. But she never truly saved CP alone. It was Gon who contributed to it mostly. Her intentions to CP was to love him..and have him love her..but he never once strayed from GE. I am not saying she has no right to love him but to consider her as a hero and someone better than GE because of all she has done for CP..is quite shallow and inaccurate. Because as I see it..GE had done an equal share for CP too. Haha. I don't think I can analyze HG anymore. You all pretty much summed her up already pretty well. I feel like my feelings on HG is still the same :tongue:

The Osts make me miss Ruler and OTP so much! YSH and KSH were both very happy for being in this drama so I am too :) 

• Like 8

@sakura2016

Awww i am here chingu. I went on a trip and just got back last nite. And now catching up on all my threads. And still missing Ruler.

Spoiler

Thanks for the shoutout at the other thread. I will head to that thread soon too :)

• Like 2

@vangsweetie637 I agree with you, I don't hate Hwa Gun and appreciate her help but don't see her a hero!! she has done my wrongs and here reasons were only centered to help our King but not for believing in his cause, she only see it through him but never on her own or that she had that cause herself at any point so she's no hero, she's only a great help/ally to our King with how much power she had and will to help him!!

me too!! did you notice that Ga Eun's Sonata was the the one used as BGM for our OTP's st kiss?!! :wink::wub: 

Spoiler

• Like 8

@sakura2016 Yup! I don't hate her but she is  definitely not a hero to me as well. I think if the writer made her to be a typical, annoying, manipulating trouble maker for our OTP..then I would have hated her in some way haha. But one of the strongest aspect of this drama was the love between our leads. If either CP or GE had tried to lead on HG or LS..then I would have been very annoyed too. So I am very glad both CP and GE stayed true to each other from beginning to end. 

Oh yasss..i did realize it chingu :tongue: when i heard it, i was thinking of the kiss hehe. And the sad music during the firefly scene at LS death is with the Monarch theme one which I love too :wub:

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@sakura2016 Yup! I don't hate her but she is  definitely not a hero to me as well. I think if the writer made her to be a typical, annoying, manipulating trouble maker for our OTP..then I would have hated her in some way haha. But one of the strongest aspect of this drama was the love between our leads. If either CP or GE had tried to lead on HG or LS..then I would have been very annoyed too. So I am very glad both CP and GE stayed true to each other from beginning to end. 

Oh yasss..i did realize it chingu :tongue: when i heard it, i was thinking of the kiss hehe. And the sad music during the firefly scene at LS death is with the Monarch theme one which I love too :wub:

hhhhhhhhh yeah :lol: good thing they didn't go that route :tongue: and our OTP only having feelings and eyes on each other was a great releif :wub: 

we're linking the BGM to the scenes now!! :lol: 

I'm resharing this video here :wub: 

• Like 6

@sakura2016 haha yes good thing or else..you and I would have resorted to pulling hair and even poison.. than just flipping tables hahaha :lol:

Listening to the Osts makes me miss Ruler so much. I remember every scene when the music comes on. Like toxic flower is the music used when daddy HG leaves PS B) haha we are experts!

Awww love the video! One of the best things about dramas..are their Osts!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

@vangsweetie637 hhhhhhhh you knew me well chingu!! :wink: 

the drama had great OSTs and BGM that's for sure making it more memoriable to us in a way!! :wink::wub: 

Haha of course. We have been friends for 7 months now :tongue: and have ranted a lot together haha

I agree. Every time i hear the songs and bgm..i have Ruler withdrawal. Now..i can just watch it over many times :)

• Like 5

Just now, vangsweetie637 said:

Haha of course. We have been friends for 7 months now :tongue: and have ranted a lot together haha

I agree. Every time i hear the songs and bgm..i have Ruler withdrawal. Now..i can just watch it over many times :)

hhhhhhhhh chingu I was here permanently since May aka almost 3 months :tongue: but yeah it's a long time and we got to do maaaany things together :wink: 

I know I'll always have Ruler withdrawal, always remembering my favorite scenes and rewatching the MVs/OSTs since I'm someone who really loves OSTs and hear them daily!! :wub::tongue: 

• Like 4

@sakura2016 hahaha now i feel tempted to match the instrumentals to scenes!!! Testing my love for Ruler :tongue: wonder which one was the instrumental for the truth scene

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

@sakura2016 hahaha now i feel tempted to match the instrumentals to scenes!!! Testing my love for Ruler :tongue: wonder which one was the instrumental for the truth scene

hhhhhhhhh you're tempting me too!! :tongue: I can't really find it now!! tell me when you find it!! :D have to go have dinner orI'll be killed!! :ph34r:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhh chingu I was here permanently since May aka almost 3 months :tongue: but yeah it's a long time and we got to do maaaany things together :wink: 

I know I'll always have Ruler withdrawal, always remembering my favorite scenes and rewatching the MVs/OSTs since I'm someone who really loves OSTs and hear them daily!! :wub::tongue: 

Hahahaha oops! I was thinking of how long it took the cast to film Ruler! :lol: LOLOLOL. I forgot the drama started in May. Either way, we still spent a lot of time together ranting, discussing and getting violent for every episodes haha.

Ooo me too! I am always putting Osts on repeat and rewatching scenes. My sister always say I kill the songs for her haha. Thank goodness she didn't watch Ruler. I have the Osts all to myself :tongue:

39 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Hahaha same here. Every time i hear the music, i think about which scenes were used. I will see which one was for the truth scene :)

Edit

Wow. The one used for truth scene is hard to find. I haven't found it yet :):huh:

• Like 3

@sakura2016 @vangsweetie637 I'm playing the entire ost while working keke. Hoping to find it as i go through the entire album.

There's one i really like -  the one called Destiny Waltz! I think it was used in the scene too 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

@sakura2016 @vangsweetie637 I'm playing the entire ost while working keke. Hoping to find it as i go through the entire album.

There's one i really like -  the one called Destiny Waltz! I think it was used in the scene too 

Haha i am waiting until my phone is charged again so i can play the full osts too.

Oo..i really like that one too. And the 'longing' one which reminded me of LS/KM scene :(

The Destiny Waltz was indeed used in the scene..but during the aftermath when LS came and comforted GE inside the greenhouse. I still remember how mad I was when he hugged her..again hahaha!

And am very glad i found the one used for fireflies flashback when LS died. It is part of the Monarch Main theme one.

Haha look at us. We are finding the scenes connected to the BGM lol.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hahahaha oops! I was thinking of how long it took the cast to film Ruler! :lol: LOLOLOL. I forgot the drama started in May. Either way, we still spent a lot of time together ranting, discussing and getting violent for every episodes haha.

Ooo me too! I am always putting Osts on repeat and rewatching scenes. My sister always say I kill the songs for her haha. Thank goodness she didn't watch Ruler. I have the Osts all to myself :tongue:

Hahaha same here. Every time i hear the music, i think about which scenes were used. I will see which one was for the truth scene :)

Edit

Wow. The one used for truth scene is hard to find. I haven't found it yet :):huh:

hhhhhhhh I noticed that!! :lol: but yeah we still spend a long tim ranting and fangirling and discussing things that we know eac other well now :wink::wub: 

why?!! :lol: a good song won't die even if it's replayed endless times, well for us at least!! :tongue::lol:...good for you!! :lol::wink: 

I'll try to find it!! I'm determinate now!! hum :tongue: 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhh I noticed that!! :lol: but yeah we still spend a long tim ranting and fangirling and discussing things that we know eac other well now :wink::wub: 

why?!! :lol: a good song won't die even if it's replayed endless times, well for us at least!! :tongue::lol:...good for you!! :lol::wink: 

I'll try to find it!! I'm determinate now!! hum :tongue: 

Lol. I thought we were filming with the cast too LOL!! Indeed..we spent a lot of time fangirling and discussing that we know each other well..and not just us but every one of us :D

Haha yes good for me. I don't have to find songs for her. Oo..when you find it let us know. So far..we are still looking for it too :)

• Like 6