Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

@shiney like you said she could've run away but like she toldher father she needs to stay and help our King till the end even if it's only the last time, I think she stayed to make sure that our King was safe and can help him if he needed her help again and she tried to do as her father asked her and let him take the blame for the incident but she couldn't let him die for her mistake too!!

found another MV!! :wub: 

• Like 5

@sakura2016

You are right chingu, maybe she want to make sure that CP can run safely but im still not sure what kind of help she can provide to CP by staying since CP still in danger wether she run or not hhe
Instead her stay maybe save her father life but clearly thats not the best choice for her father also
Still regret her choice and her death

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhh Ruler's withdrawal :lol::tongue: 

Reveal hidden contents

me too!! well you can see me eating my fingernails and hiding behind my hands :lol: but I enjoy these kind of dramas and really hope we get to see Yoo Seung Ho in such dramas being smexily cool with action scenes too!! hihihi :wub::wub::wub: 

totally agree with you!! I loved what we had but still we can see that we were touching the surface when we could've gone deeper but it's still good for me nevertheless!! :D 

I believe so!! Ga Eun's Hanboks' colors were more light as gentle and peaceful like Ga Eun's character unlike Hwa Gun's Hanbok's colors that were more like you said "loud" and bright fitting her character!!

Royal intensity from our King/Yoo Seung Ho!! :love:

introduction shoot for Crown Prince and King.

=)))

cr: http://iheartkentangworld.tumblr.com

oh those eyes! YSH is really good at using his eyes to display his acting and his character!

Chingu! you should join us at the shipper thread (: hehe would love to have you there.

Exactly, I know a lot of the times the wardrobe whether it be in drama or movies are well thought out. So in the case definitely the two ladies especially their outfits and the colours reflect their own personality. I think it is similar to CP's outfit as well, he wears a lot of dark colours like blue which could symbolise his royalty in some form or not.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

Bahaha. Oh really? Then what exactly did they learn from HG? How to be obsessive? How to back stab your family for your obsession? How to taunt a girl for her father's murder that was committed due to you and your family? How to make goo goo eyes at a guy who is in love with someone else? :tongue:

Hahaha ... I do not know ... because I'm kind :-p (please do not throw me ... xixiixixi) ... I'll just think, they're probably just teenagers who still do not quite understand life.

In this world, your family will never be EX... And your boyfriend he can change every season, as long as this human is not extinct. #lol ... hahahha ... I am sorry,I am be sarkas ....

I am so tired for them...

BTw, No one talks about YSH interview result? I am waiting.

• Like 6

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 8:59 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I had thought the same too... why Chun Soo wasn't there, but yeah, minor character... but then, they could have shown him, the king and consort Lee, there, without CP saying anything to them... but then again, it would be quite odd if CP not say anything to them at all :tongue:.... Indeed, it was more to show the gratitude towards those people who died in his fight against the PSH.

If they want to bring back the dead, they might as well bring back all those who died to save CP, right? However I think they cant do so because most likely the actors were attach in other production since most of them leave the show in the 1st part of the show. Beside L & YSohee who just 'died' perhaps only the actor who played GE's father was available, also I guess they wanted YSohee & L to be present on the last filming set so they can take group picture, so they might as well include them in the last scene. Honestly to think logically, even as a ghost why wud HG smiling happily seeing the man she loves marrying her rival, a woman she hates? At least lowbirth LS finally accepted royal LS as his closest friend, while GE dad obviously happy since the royal keep their promise to hom, that they will take care of GE after his death.

Honestly, though I'm not crazy abt HG & lower rank LS, I wish they didnt kill their character. It's like the writer take the easy way out & killed all the love rivals. How I wish HG is alive & come to terms no matter what she does for CP, he will only treat her as a loyal comrade & a friend...and same goes with LS, after saving GE's life, he too becomes close friends with both & continue living with his mom & sister peacefully 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, kiko11 said:

Hi chingu. Go to the shippers thread forum and look for our ShyShy thread, if you want to read the YSH interview result :D all our shippers heart are there :wink: and right now, we are going crazy because the results are already out :tongue: see you there!

My Monarch chingus, I am home now :) have missed you all! Finally can chat now!

@YourHighness . O.M.G. That definitely was one of the longest post you have written. I will have to go and read it again so I can add my insights too :D

@kaoriharang @sakura2016 @ktcjdrama I am back! :)

@rhaps haha yes we are still here :) and yes i will be watching that drama next week too :D

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hi chingu. Go to the shippers thread forum and look for our ShyShy thread, if you want to read the YSH interview result :D all our shippers heart are there :wink: and right now, we are going crazy because the results are already out :tongue: see you there!

@YourHighness . O.M.G. That definitely was one of the longest post you have written. I will have to go and read it again so I can add my insights too :D

@rhaps haha yes we are still here :) and yes i will be watching that drama next week too :D

Welcome back! and yes we have been updating KSH and YSH's news at the shipper's thread so please feel free to pop over! a lot of the Ruler chingus are there as well! going crazy about them haha!

still all suffering from withdrawal symptoms!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Welcome back! and yes we have been updating KSH and YSH's news at the shipper's thread so please feel free to pop over! a lot of the Ruler chingus are there as well! going crazy about them haha!

still all suffering from withdrawal symptoms!

Aww thanks chingu! I was just at BOTWG thread lol..and now will head to rest :) but wanted to visit Ruler and Shippers first.

I agree. My withdrawal symptoms are still badly here! 

• Like 4

just watched last 4 episodes and Yoo Seung Ho is stunning and mesmerizing and commands all of my attention. 

• Like 4

Thank you for this @yunra89

The OST is not out yet right? Only on the 24th?

AND I AM SO EXCITED! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE INSTRUMENTALS IN THIS DRAMA! give it to me already!! @vangsweetie637 @sakura2016 @herina_90 @ktcjdrama

This must be the main theme of the drama, since we always hear it whenever there is a grand CP scene

23 minutes ago, yunra89 said:

• Like 10

Kim So Hyun IG update + trans

trans: thank you for the support all this time for "Ruler-Master of Mask"! Living as Gaeun for 6 months i was so happy :) Now it's the real time to say goodbye to Gaeun.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

AH MY WEDNESDAY NEVER FELT SO EMPTY. Not that I have no show to watch but so far I am not watching any show as intesly as I was for Ruler.

Hide contents

yes chingu I saw the 5 min trailer already, it looks a bit different from the USA one. But since it is LJK and crime related I am going to give it a go! Yes I will only start participating in that thread maybe only next week since there is nothing much YET.

Apparently, someone comment or did mention that the writers for Rulers are fairly newish, meaning i think this project is really their first BIG project plus it being a saguek and YSH comeback project I think the hype and everything was so good. but somehow maybe the pressure was just overwhelming plus the fact that they are relatively new. So yes sadly the writing was not up to expectations.

I am glad that at the end in some sense DM wished YS well and of course so did LS. the last scene with the ghost coming back and everything I think it was a good and unique scene especially in saguek sense. It felt nice to have these characters who had sacrifice themselves for the King to come back and wish him all the best.

I will jump in a little. I agree about that last part about what HG's father said about her. Like i mention before HG's ONE good point was that she was loyal to CP but sadly loyal TO A FAULT. As I said previously, I dont understand her feelings so at times (as much as I appreciated HG never really betraying CP and always protecting him) I wonder why? As I said before HG indeed gave up EVERYTHING for him, (not that that is not moving BUT) she also gave up everything that she could have had. She could have had love given to her (by Gon) and experience a love of a family. Clearly a love that both CP and GE actually received, making her really different from them.

Yeah, she was loyal but what warranted that loyalty? You are not loyal just for the heck of it. You need a reason for that unwavering loyalty. I understood everyone's loyalty.

DM was loyal to PSG because they gave him the power that he craved.

CW was loyal to CP because he was his bodyguard and close companion/friend.

GE and CP were loyal to each other because they loved one another. GE was briefly loyal to QD because she promised to clear her father's name and dethrone the King who she believed beheaded her father wrongly.

LS was loyal to GE because she treated him like an equal since childhood, she was kind and sweet, understanding. He was loyal to CP because he saw how righteous CP was and how he would be a great King. The greed and him thinking CP betrayed him ruined that and broke the loyalty later but it doesn't diminish the fact that he willfully went into the palace and took CP's place, knowing and thinking his life will be in danger if he is ever found out. But he did it for the good of the country and to protect our CP. 

Gon was loyal to PSG and HG because he was in love with her and PSG let him stay close to her. We don't know much about his background so I can't be very definitive about him.

Loyalty is mainly a give and take. But HG never got any loyalty from CP. Heck he barely remembered her. So her strong loyalty made NO SENSE to me whatsoever. Loyalty so strong that she even gave up on life, happiness and a future. She be crazy IMO.

14 hours ago, nitttss said:

As I've been rewatching Ruler I notice HG wore the hanbok at Japan? Only they changed the skirt colour but apparently the top looks the same, they changed it to a softer color.

@YourHighness . Wow it's such a long post, but I agree with your view of HG. I can't describe it like you did, but I just don't like her since the beginning to the very end lol. And I never saw her as a hero like many ppl said. I don't really like LS as well, but I legit cried when he died. As for HG, I didn't feel anything when she died, as you said she can avoid death so easily so it's more like suicide. 

It was the longest post ever by me. Hahaha. Yeah, HG never gave me a reason to like her. I tried but I could clearly see the flaws. Atleast our GE had growth..GE went from a pampered lady to a businesswoman to the Queen..HG didn't. She remained what she began as. I am still wondering why people didn't see that. It seemed so obvious to me.

3 hours ago, kiko11 said:

Hahaha ... I do not know ... because I'm kind :-p (please do not throw me ... xixiixixi) ... I'll just think, they're probably just teenagers who still do not quite understand life.

In this world, your family will never be EX... And your boyfriend he can change every season, as long as this human is not extinct. #lol ... hahahha ... I am sorry,I am be sarkas ....

I am so tired for them...

LOL Yup, I think so too. With time they will understand who was better, GE or HG. Until then all you can do is ignore.

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

LOL, yeah it was, it took me so long to write it all up. :lol: And take your time.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Yeah, she was loyal but what warranted that loyalty? You are not loyal just for the heck of it. You need a reason for that unwavering loyalty. I understood everyone's loyalty.

DM was loyal to PSG because they gave him the power that he craved.

CW was loyal to CP because he was his bodyguard and close companion/friend.

GE and CP were loyal to each other because they loved one another. GE was briefly loyal to QD because she promised to clear her father's name and dethrone the King who she believed beheaded her father wrongly.

LS was loyal to GE because she treated him like an equal since childhood, she was kind and sweet, understanding. He was loyal to CP because he saw how righteous CP was and how he would be a great King. The greed and him thinking CP betrayed him ruined that and broke the loyalty later but it doesn't diminish the fact that he willfully went into the palace and took CP's place, knowing and thinking his life will be in danger if he is ever found out. But he did it for the good of the country and to protect our CP. 

Gon was loyal to PSG and HG because he was in love with her and PSG let him stay close to her. We don't know much about his background so I can't be very definitive about him.

Loyalty is mainly a give and take. But HG never got any loyalty from CP. Heck he barely remembered her. So her strong loyalty made NO SENSE to me whatsoever. Loyalty so strong that she even gave up on life, happiness and a future. She be crazy IMO.

I think that is the reason why i had problems trying to understand HG. There were many instances where I really wanted to know why she chose to do these things. And you are right everyone is loyal because of something.

My take is that she was loyal because she really loved CP, but like I said before, i question why she even loved CP. I still cant see it -_-"

Quick update from KSH's agency (:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

I think that is the reason why i had problems trying to understand HG. There were many instances where I really wanted to know why she chose to do these things. And you are right everyone is loyal because of something.

My take is that she was loyal because she really loved CP, but like I said before, i question why she even loved CP. I still cant see it -_-"

Quick update from KSH's agency (:

Nothing about her character makes sense TBH.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

AND I AM SO EXCITED! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE INSTRUMENTALS IN THIS DRAMA! give it to me already!! @vangsweetie637 @sakura2016 @herina_90 @ktcjdrama

This must be the main theme of the drama, since we always hear it whenever there is a grand CP scene

Ohhhh, I love this theme so much!!!

And of course since they wrapped up the series with a royal wedding accompanied by this theme, every time I hear it now, I'm immediately reminded of CP, no, King LS, turning to his lovely queen and smiled so brightly.... :wub:

tumblr_ot34yveEKd1tmjt2ko10_400.gif

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ohhhh, I love this theme so much!!!

And of course since they wrapped up the series with a royal wedding accompanied by this theme, every time I hear it now, I'm immediately reminded of CP, no, King LS, turning to his lovely queen and smiled so brightly.... :wub:

OH ALL HAPPY FEELINGS! HEHE I CANT WAIT! I still have another 4 more days before it comes out.

gosh I feel like I am getting tortured :tongue: But at least I can watch reruns of the drama to satisfy me for now.

31 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think it's called blind love, chingus.... Her love is blind.... B)

HG's love you mean? Well her love was real to her, maybe not to CP but yes love is indeed blind and binding as well.

@YourHighness . haha you really dont like HG huh.. She annoys me but there are other characters in other dramas that annoy me more.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, shiney said:

@sakura2016

You are right chingu, maybe she want to make sure that CP can run safely but im still not sure what kind of help she can provide to CP by staying since CP still in danger wether she run or not hhe
Instead her stay maybe save her father life but clearly thats not the best choice for her father also
Still regret her choice and her death

our King is in constant danger she can only try to help as much as she can whiel she's around as long as she can and she's ware of that!! it's sad but couldn't be avoided!! 

8 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

oh those eyes! YSH is really good at using his eyes to display his acting and his character!

Chingu! you should join us at the shipper thread (: hehe would love to have you there.

Exactly, I know a lot of the times the wardrobe whether it be in drama or movies are well thought out. So in the case definitely the two ladies especially their outfits and the colours reflect their own personality. I think it is similar to CP's outfit as well, he wears a lot of dark colours like blue which could symbolise his royalty in some form or not.

it's taugher to act behind the mask but those eyes gave us the needed feelings we had to see/feel!! :wub: 

hhhhhhhh awww thank you chingu, I'd love that but I'm not much into shipping world :tongue: I'm in Yoo Seung Ho's thread instead :wink: 

it can be the case with our King too but don't forget he wore light pink and pistachios hanboks beside dark red and grey as Chief Peddler as well which fits his different disguises and his personality!!

6 hours ago, kiko11 said:

they are out and we started having official translation of them :D we shered them in his official thread and I'll share them under spoiler tag here :D he's so nice and caring and modest and responsable and mature :heart: 

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

hhhhhhhh and I was wondering where you are, now I know :smirk::tongue: hhhhhh 

happy to have you back chingu, I missed your posts and fangirling with you!! :tongue::wink: 

3 hours ago, Urnaa said:

just watched last 4 episodes and Yoo Seung Ho is stunning and mesmerizing and commands all of my attention. 

happy to hear that from you, he totally is!! :wub: 

3 hours ago, yunra89 said:

YAAAAAY finally it's out!! :w00t: can't really hear/use the 1st link being dumb with how to use it but hearing the youtube one with the drama's main title's sound truck makes me nostalgic and excited!! :wub: thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

3 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

so love it too!! :wub::w00t: yes it's used in our King's grand scenes but also the oppening theme of the drama :wink: 

aren't they all out here?!! http://www.melon.com/album/detail.htm?albumId=10081044 I can't tell since I don't know how to use the link :blink: but I think they are out already!! :D 

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

our King is in constant danger she can only try to help as much as she can whiel she's around as long as she can and she's ware of that!! it's sad but couldn't be avoided!! 

it's taugher to act behind the mask but those eyes gave us the needed feelings we had to see/feel!! :wub: 

hhhhhhhh awww thank you chingu, I'd love that but I'm not much into shipping world :tongue: I'm in Yoo Seung Ho's thread instead :wink: 

it can be the case with our King too but don't forget he wore light pink and pistachios hanboks beside dark red and grey as Chief Peddler as well which fits his different disguises and his personality!!

they are out and we started having official translation of them :D we shered them in his official thread and I'll share them under spoiler tag here :D he's so nice and caring and modest and responsable and mature :heart:

hhhhhhhh and I was wondering where you are, now I know :smirk::tongue: hhhhhh 

happy to have you back chingu, I missed your posts and fangirling with you!! :tongue::wink:

happy to hear that from you, he totally is!! :wub:

YAAAAAY finally it's out!! :w00t: can't really hear/use the 1st link being dumb with how to use it but hearing the youtube one with the drama's main title's sound truck makes me nostalgic and excited!! :wub: thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub:

so love it too!! :wub::w00t: yes it's used in our King's grand scenes but also the oppening theme of the drama :wink: 

aren't they all out here?!! http://www.melon.com/album/detail.htm?albumId=10081044 I can't tell since I don't know how to use the link :blink: but I think they are out already!! :D 

Ah I know it is out on melon but I was hoping to download the full OST not just listen but yes it is out right now.

Ha well I am not just there I am currently active on two other drama threads and waiting for the LJK one as well. But yes I am currently over there at the shipper thread ^^

yup I really like grand and big instrumental tracks! So I like this one in particular.

• Like 6