Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

yo folks !! i was looking at the news and i almost jumped from my bed, i'm so happy it the role went to kim so hyun !!! @maryofbethany remember how long we discussed about the potential leads for yoo,  kim so hyun  was one of my favorites !! i m almost shipping them, let  my ship  sail .i congratuale our girl, she was persistent and dramagods heard her. after wrapping up the ghost drama, she gave interviews and in many instances she said that she wanted to work with yoo seung ho. CsgrB7yUkAAv-pQ.jpg

cr: yshbiased

• Like 9

i never watch a full project of neither of them, only research a bit about so hyun because shes always been compare to yoo jung (as we just finish MDBC). so hyun is more shy in interview but she plays more evil in drama. after successs of mdbc, mbc could copy some success: music, cinema, clothes, quoteable lines. this drama will be much darker than mdbc, as both of them acts more dark/emotional. KSH has acted more dark roles, also her face is more versitase than KYJ, so general i hear more applause for KSH acting but KYJ has been well loved since she was a child. 

its not easy to find lead actress for those 1993er, in two years most of the child actress will be legal (who are pretty, act well experience), compare to unknown actress, idol actress. those teen stars will be left and rigth in our screen all year every year.

people will compare this a lot to mdbc, from the lead actors to lead actress. KYJ and KSH cant really escape their viral 

• Like 9

Hello, hello @every one I just read the news that Kim So Hyun is cast in this drama. I like her and am just happy that she will act w/Yoo Seung Ho.

8 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

1. [+442, -16] Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun match so well. Both of them are great actors to boot, finally some casting news I can get behind!!

For once I agree w/the netizens, they are both very talented actors, they are just going to make an adorable OTP. Chingus I'm so ready to get on this ship ugly-chick-smiley-10.gif

• Like 10

great news. will be looking forward to this drama. personally like YSH cos he is just so talented! 1st saw him in Queen Seokdeok and was so taken by his acting! as for KSH, she impressed me in LFG!

i like saeguk esp all the hanboks and the scenery! with these 2 powerhouse actors as lead and the interesting storyline, this drama is a must watch.

• Like 9

On 11/11/2016 at 1:31 AM, Berou said:

yo folks !! i was looking at the news and i almost jumped from my bed, i'm so happy it the role went to kim so hyun !!! @maryofbethany remember how long we discussed about the potential leads for yoo,  kim so hyun  was one of my favorites !! i m almost shipping them, let  my ship  sail .i congratuale our girl, she was persistent and dramagods heard her. after wrapping up the ghost drama, she gave interviews and in many instances she said that she wanted to work with yoo seung ho. 

MOD EDIT: do not quote images

cr: yshbiased

@Berou yes, while each of us has our own fav actress for the lead. nontheless we both agreed that Kim Sohyun can be one of the Best choice.... haha. finally some Station did a right castings of young talent or young artiste. am counting on KSH to lure out the emotions well kept in Yoo, while he can cried and emote well, because he has been given much tragic roles, Yoo has yet to find deep chemistry with any single Actresses, and be that close and natural until we can finally start shipping Yoo with a girl... while he can exude all kind of emotions, and wept convincingly, showing extreme saddness and anger and coldness... yet he has yet to release and let go of his sentiments and  show swoon-worthy romances with a co-lead. Remember he mentioned his real person has Yet to trully fall in love in real life.... that he mentioned he is clueless about skinship scenes as he has not particulalry fallin in love yet. yes, i want to see Yoo's fall madly in love and got his girl in the end.

Edited by rainmoon
  • Like 7

On 11/11/2016 at 10:39 AM, daynci said:

people will compare this a lot to mdbc, from the lead actors to lead actress. KYJ and KSH cant really escape their viral 

sadly, people are arleady comparing them:

1. park bo gum and yoo seung are both 93 liners & kim so huyn and kim yoo jung are 99 liners
  2. it is a sageuk
  3. Ra on's father was the ennemy of the crown prince  & yoo seung ho will kill kim so hyun's father -> a daughter falls in love with her father's ennemy

but the similarity stops here, MDBC was a gender bender drama, youthful, light drama whereas ruler is a melo drama. kim so hyun got hate on asianwiki by kim yoo jung fans. MBDC fans on the soompi thread talked about the casting and said that MBC is trying copying KBS .so it is inevitable that this drama will be compared to the other and will get hate by the boyoo shippers.  in the future, when the drama,  is airing i would like everyone to focus on ruler and refrain themselves from talking about other actors/ actresses or other dramas, so that this thread will be peaceful.thanks.

On 11/11/2016 at 1:13 PM, evie7 said:

Hello, hello @every one I just read the news that Kim So Hyun is cast in this drama. I like her and am just happy that she will act w/Yoo Seung Ho.

For once I agree w/the netizens, they are both very talented actors, they are just going to make an adorable OTP. Chingus I'm so ready to get on this ship ugly-chick-smiley-10.gif

i'm with you for the ship, i know it is too early but how about a name for our ship??

@maryofbethany well said :) , i hope  KSH will be the key that opens his heart. up until now, he's been always paired with noonas and has restrained himself.  not even once he fully embraced his role and fell madly in love with his leading lady, there has always been an awkwardness. although the age gap is 6 years and KSH is still a minor, im counting on them to be comfortable with which other and be and adoralbe couple. for once , YSH will be on "oppa" mode with  KSH hihihi

i'm also counting on KSH to upload loads of selcas of the two of them :P:P, it's a pain that YSH doesn't have a social account.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, an05 said:

Personally not a big fan of MBC either. But aren't they more known for sagueks?  if it was a modern drama I would have preferred SBS. I'm honestly more worry about the writer. There's like no information on him or her... the director is okay I think. I didn't really like Shine or Go Crazy and two weeks (which he directed) but I didn't hate them or anything. 

@an05 me too, methink Writernim play the second biggest part in a successful dramas, of cause the most important element lies in the right Actor or Actress and their acting skill. But if the Writernim is lousy and start very awesome put slowly lost the momentum and full of plot-holes, or writing the characters been superficial, then it will be a wasted talent of the Leads.
so, Writernkm is very important too.
so, yes, i agreed. But MBC has some good saeguk dramas under her belt, eg. Queen Seon Deok,  Moon Embracing the SunLee San, Wind of the Palace, Dong Yi, Jumong, and last but not least Dae Jang Geum been the crown Jewel of MBC.
i think MBC can do melodrama in historical saeguk pretty well, and Yoo is super the Prince of Melodramas.  i for one, preferred KBS. but would like to consider this. but if this is a web-toon or rom-com style like Sungkyunkwan Scandal, then i will think MBC is overly ambitious. while KBS is better in Moonlight DBC, that light of sweet dreamy rom-com. 
MBC has to tread her path, and plan her story carefully, because SBS is throwing out a big Saeguk Legend in the form of Saimdang, Light's Diary acted by the Queen of Saeguk Lee YoungAe, around the same timing at Jan. but i think Saimdang cater to the older audience, and Ruler attract the younger ones... so its suit be fine.

@ilmare since you liked saeguk (like me) , i guess you should be familar with all the above... i should say i watched all of those mentioned above. well, so far MBC has not disappoint in Saeguk historical drama yet... when they want to do something epic and serious and touching. they did it well... it rise your spirit to see Hero sacrificed for country, crown prince found comfort in some comrade-friends, crown Prince defeats evil queen, crown prince break down and wept.... you just found your get yourself spirited rise and fall with them ....

by the way, i still don't know which Crown prince is Lee Sun? King Sukjong ( Yi Sun )  or King Jeongjo ( Yi San )? Sukjong has been played by far too many actors, i will preferred they ficitonalize Yi Sun, King Sukjong, which is the crown prince in Lee San Wind of Palace.

• Like 7

I guess we just can never find peace even in dramaland. Like I love both 4 actors, YSH PBG KSH KYJ so it hurts seeing them being compare and the fans talk bad about other actors. It's the first and also last time I talk about the comparison here as Moonlight already ended and Ruler hasn't even start filming yet, hope Ruler's fans be calm and make this thread peacful and lovely. When the drama airs, it will also receive so much more comparison or even criticism, and I really do hope that at time like that, fans can just focus on the drama and ignore all those kind of posts. Hope for the drama's success.

Tbvh, I heard about YSH's casting for few months already but until KSH confirmed her casting, that's when I start to care about this drama and get so excited because I always want to see them in a modern drama when Sohyun becomes an adult but I guess my wish comes true way sooner than I thought. Both has acting skills to back up for their beautiful, handsome visual so I don't doubt about the acting of 2 leads and hope the directing and especially the writing can be as good as their acting skills. Please dramagod, don't let their talents go to waste.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Berou said:

sadly, people are arleady comparing them:

1. park bo gum and yoo seung are both 93 liners & kim so huyn and kim yoo jung are 99 liners
  2. it is a sageuk
  3. Ra on's father was the ennemy of the crown prince  & yoo seung ho will kill kim so hyun's father -> a daughter falls in love with her father's ennemy

but the similarity stops here, MDBC was a gender bender drama, youthful, light drama whereas ruler is a melo drama. kim so hyun got hate on asianwiki by kim yoo jung fans. MBDC fans on the soompi thread talked about the casting and said that MBC is trying copying KBS and creating the park bo gum-kim yoo jung hype. so it is inevitable that this drama will be compared to the other and will get hate by the boyoo shippers.  in the future, when the drama,  is airing i would like everyone to focus on ruler and refrain themselves from talking about other actors/ actresses or other dramas, so that this thread will be peaceful.thanks.

i'm with you for the ship, i know it is too early but how about a name for our ship??

@maryofbethany well said :) , i hope  KSH will be the key that opens his heart. up until now, he's been always paired with noonas and has restrained himself.  not even once he fully embraced his role and fell madly in love with his leading lady, there has always been an awkwardness. although the age gap is 6 years and KSH is still a minor, im counting on them to be comfortable with which other and be and adoralbe couple. for once , YSH will be on "oppa" mode with  KSH hihihi

i'm also counting on KSH to upload loads of selcas of the two of them :P:P, it's a pain that YSH doesn't have a social account.

@Berou i don't mind pairing him with noona but like what you say, when he is restraining himself, he cannot emote well into passionate scene which is a pity....... , But i mind more of pairing him with Ji Changwook in Warrior BDS, because both of them has such chemistry much more than witht the female lead there, that some fan start shipping him in bromance with JCW... there's still not all.. i found some fan-made Crossover Vid or Fan-art. having him look like the feminine part in a Bromance, that he really drawn to look like a girl.... . i am not used to that. huhhhh.... if he get sway and 'fall in love', he may afterall, persuaded by his 'first love' to make a IG a'/c... kekeke.

• Like 5

Whoa, was asking on prev page who might be the female lead  and I said I don't want someone older I want someone couple of years younger and I got my wish. thanks drama gods!

I was thinking either one of the 3 Kims will do. And here we are. Kim So Hyun is the one!  She's the oldest among  the 3  And I don't care about controversies comparisons and what not.   knetz / bloggers/ fans social comments/drama reviewers... whatever whichever whoever, doesn't sway me. As long as it's good story good acting skills I'm in! 

I like Kim So Hyun. I was planning to watch the  Ghost drama she did but  just finding  spare time for that.  I've only seen  in special dramas. But I enjoyed her acting skills!  1st iin Page Turner! if you guys haven't that, watch it. 2nd in  We All Cry  Differently.  great acting!

I'm not into OTP shippinG ( cept for one in another drama) but I dig good actors and I said at the beginning of this page, I rarely watch Saeguk /period drama  but I will for this. I'm not gonna miss a YSH drama. IMO he is the best  young actor.  apologies to PBG  tho love him IRY he he - I've never watched Love in the Moonlight so I have no opinion for comparison. However, Just from the story alone this is drama is serious,  more deep and has grit. Nothing cutesy or bubblegum like feel to it. Just what I like and  because it's YSH.

Thanks for  the updates everyone!

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:
DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Kim So-hyun to romance Yoo Seung-ho in MBC’s Ruler–Master of the Mask

by javabeans | November 10, 2016 |

Now, this is a lineup I can get excited about: Kim So-hyun (Bring It On, Ghost) has confirmed taking the lead role opposite Yoo Seung-ho (Remember—Son’s War) in Ruler–Master of the Mask, an MBC historical drama set to air next year...................

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/kim-so-hyun-to-romance-yoo-seung-ho-in-mbcs-ruler-master-of-the-mask/

@Go Seung Ji i trusted javabeans very much. if she jump onto this wagon and recap Ruler.. wow.. that's make my day!!! she said someithng very interesting here:
" Ruler—Master of the Mask is described as a fresh, youthful melodrama-romance, which is a descriptor that appeals to me because we’ve seen quite a number of youthful sageuk rom-coms, but not many (or any?) that take a dramatic approach. And these two actors are great choices to carry a weightier youthful melo, having shown great range of emotion and ability in their prior works, starting from their child-acting years. "

yes, MBC should not be tempted to do it in youthful rom-com ways like Moonlight DBC, or the Moonlover, which is toward saeguk in Illjimae's artistic superhero style, you see, there's nothing to compare, because all 3 crown prince aura super diff...
Park Bogum's Yeong is sweet like morning dew, drawn you to the long forgotten pure and innocent 'first love feels". while Lee Joon Gi carries the ever dramatic tragic but dangerously mysterious take of So,
then Yoo will be completely diff, he can do well with the simple straight out of historical text that kind of epic Melodrama, he can moves by the actual grandeur of the 'true event' itself, the sacrifice, the vengeance, the victory, the lost, the loneliness,  the exile...
and drawn out his 'Ever Awesome Magic Tears", from Agassi to noonas to Ahjummas.. all will prostrate at his feet by his tears.

• Like 9

cr. Miss Yura
oosp, this crossover, 'cross' into One of my Fav Yoo's drama- Remember War of the Son. ahhaha. i cried over that more than 13 times...
THIS TIME I WANT THE FEMALE LEAD TO LOVE HIM BACK HOPELESSLY... don't be like I Miss You and Warrior Baek Dong soo.

• Like 6

I hope they aren't going to make the drama like Moonlight or Scarlet Heart.... if the scriptwriter is creative they should be able to come up with their own drama. Otherwise , I don't want these two to be in the drama and rather have them do something else. I really would like to see something new with romance sageuks... Just based on the plot this seems a bit like The Princess's Man? Just in this case the female is trying to get revenge.

I'm glad that MBC is giving chances to new script writers but writing a sageuk is such a huge challenge. I'm just worried how this is going to turn out... like the cast is perfect already but without a good production team, the drama is doomed. I always say it's 30% actors and 70% production for a drama to be successful. 

btw I'm sure that we don't have to worry about the chemistry between the two. Both of their acting styles are very fit for melo and visually they match. There was a post few months ago about KSH being the chemistry queen with males and it's funny because one of the commenters mentioned YSH. Can't believe that it actually came true:) Here is the link http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/01/kim-so-hyuns-chemistry-with-guys.html

Pann: Kim So Hyun is a chemistry goddess

[+50, -4] Personally, I wish she does a drama with Yoo Seung Ho... Since Seung Ho has a slim built, I get so attentive of actresses he's paired with. So Hyun's also slim and has a softness to her, the two would look so good together on-screen ㅠㅠHoping to see them in an innocent and lovely melodrama

v6.jpeg

• Like 7

i have no problem with comparing as long as its not to put someone down. this is very soon in the stage so everything is up for discussion. for me comparing is like get to know something unknown from something known as i have very limited knowledge of both leads. 

there are few same things: YSH and PBG both accept the drama few months before the girls accept. i wonder if the male lead has anything with the girls decision making? even the same age but YSH has 16 years exp plus been in military. he has been lead role in so many, kissed too many girls/nonna already. PBG is baby step to YSH.

KSH has been pair with D.O, Ji Soo (another 93er), Taecyon doesnt count hes a bit old for her. would this be the first pair that truly has shipper? KSH is very girly, YSH is very mature. Im curious how the chemistry gonna go when they suppose to hate each other. anyone has seen their previous works could comment on their chemistry with other leads? i youtube YSH and so many kiss scenes while KSH hasnt got a real kiss yet hm hm.

I skim through few of YSH, hes very handsome, been well loved since he was kid, been in many successful projects so im sure he'll do very well in the role. KSH as well. Their name together alone already have more power.

I read that YSH decided to do this around august, MDBC hasnt happened. I only put the nam MDBC here in term of cinematophy, music aka production team. MDBC has a very basic story line, the script was the weakest among everything. So I hope Ruler will have good production team as there are no concern about the actings. one of the reason of comparing as it would be as successful as MDBC. Ruler has 20 episodes so the story will be told better.

This is so far the most hype project for 2017. I read that the drama will be fully preproduct? the weather is getting cold so it would be really hard for the staffs and member filming around jan.

• Like 6

@an05  they've been shipped together for ages lol! it's a match made in heaven pair. i still can't believe that they're going to be co-stars. honestly i believed that Ga-Eun will be portrayed by a noona , not someone as young as KSH.  it's a little bit surpising and i expected them to be co-stars a few years later. i wonder if YSH had a say about picking the actress. few years ago,  he recommended Park Eun Bin in operation proposal. so it's possible. we don't go what goes behind the casting process.

1 hour ago, daynci said:

i

KSH has been pair with D.O, Ji Soo (another 93er), Taecyon doesnt count hes a bit old for her. would this be the first pair that truly has shipper? KSH is very girly, YSH is very mature. Im curious how the chemistry gonna go when they suppose to hate each other. anyone has seen their previous works could comment on their chemistry with other leads? i youtube YSH and so many kiss scenes while KSH hasnt got a real kiss yet hm hm.

I skim through few of YSH, hes very handsome, been well loved since he was kid, been in many successful projects so im sure he'll do very well in the role. KSH as well. Their name together alone already have more power.

i guess you're talking about the famous carpet kiss scene in operation proposal ? that video got millions of views. but i have to tell you YSh isn't so daring and comfortable with his leading ladies.given he recommended Park Eun Bin, he knew  he had to be the most comfortable possible for shooting such a hot scene. He knew Park Eun Bin since he was kid, they were previous co-leads and their age gap was only 1 year. obviously he told the director to pick her.

when he's starring in gigs with noonas, you can sense  he isn't at ease, doesn't let go of himself completely. he's reserved so the lack of chemistry is apparent on screen. moreover, he hasn't found love yet and hasn't properly dated. he's very green in the love departement. his inexperience in love  is aslo revealing itself in screen. He can only relate to it a little bit. that's it. nevertheless, he is really great and has chemistry with his others actors : his appa, oma, dongsaeng,. Since he was young he has been pouring all his tears for his family, this boy cries really well. in every scene, he has a different expression when he's crying, he can cry on spot, easily and in different ways.

i'm not very familiar with KSH but i've watched some of her dramas.  despite her age difference with Ok Taecyeon ( 9 years) , she stayed professional and was able to carry out her kissing scenes very well. she and taecyeon were kinda cute, they made a cute couple. so the age gap is not an issue for her. what marked me was her role in school 2015, she played two characters  and with only her expression in her eyes and the tone of her voice you could tell which one she was playing: the  nice  and gentle one or  the spunky and badass one. But since she's still a minor, the PD avoid getting  her into hot scenes. it will be deemed unfit for broadcast.  she has  starred in a lot of school theme dramas and first love dramas ( i don't take into account all the roles of  the younger counterparts). so this drama will be a turning point  of her career, she will be able to  distance herself from the school dramas, it wil be her first REAL leading role.

• Like 6

been around soompi for a bit i do realize people in here are very easy to be offended, any comments that are not balloon and rainbow will be assume anti, so i got to say i dont mean to put down anyone

chae tae hyun said even in his thirty he still wear school uniform, so these girls will still be wearing school uniform in the next 5 or 10 years. actually i think school 2015 is KSH the first lead role, the story is about her, she has most screen time, she did get the best new actress for it, plus she has lets fight ghost, pure love. Ruler is her first lead sageuk.

PBG is quite inexperience in love as well. In fan thread people very sensitive when talking about actor love line. Well thats part of the job since 90% of their job is about romance. YSH hasnt act with many young ones so lets see if these two can create great harmony ( i dont down for a second that their hate scenes will be daebak)

• Like 7

Yoo Seung-ho and Kim So-hyeon-I to star in MBC "Monarch"

photo782975.jpg

Yoo Seung-ho and Kim So-hyeon-I are starring in the new MBC drama "Monarch".

"Monarch" is a fiction historical drama that deals with the privatization of water during the 1700s and a prince that fights against stronger powers. The addition of Yoo Seung-ho is already attracting attention.

Kim So-hyeon-I takes on the character of Lee Ga-eun, a kind and wise girl who plans to take revenge on the prince that kills her father but falls in love with him instead.

Kim So-hyeon-I has been building on her career and this will be her first historical drama for the first time since the 2012 dramas "The Sun and the Moon" and "The Rooftop Prince".

"Monarch" aims for release next year.

credit Hancinema | Nov 12 2016

casting of YSH in the news...

Camping here... camp-fire-smiley.gif cause i will be Waiting.. and waiting... waiting..... and.... waiting

• Like 9

Kim So-hyun takes starring role in ‘Ruler’

11193457.jpg

Actress Kim So-hyun will take the leading female role in the upcoming MBC period drama “Ruler: Master of the Mask.”

According to Kim’s agency Sidus HQ, the actress will star alongside actor Yoo Seung-ho as a woman named Lee Ga-eun who falls in love with Yoo’s character, despite her original intention of taking revenge on him.

The drama was described as a “factional” period drama, taking inspiration from actual historical figures from the Joseon Dynasty in the 1700s. Yoo will play the character of the Crown Prince who must fight against an organization that privatizes water over the eight provinces.

“Yoo will play a character that becomes a ray of hope for his suffering people, and is ready to accept death for the love of his life,” said the drama’s producers in October. The crew said they will enter into the filming stage of production as soon as the entire cast is confirmed.

Kim originally debuted as a child actress for short drama specials on KBS. She achieved mainstream success after starring on the explosively popular MBC drama “Moon Embracing the Sun” in 2012.

By Chung Jin-hong  | korea joong ang daily

• Like 9

1 hour ago, czakhareina1 said:

Kim So-hyun takes starring role in ‘Ruler’

Actress Kim So-hyun will take the leading female role in the upcoming MBC period drama “Ruler: Master of the Mask.”

According to Kim’s agency Sidus HQ, the actress will star alongside actor Yoo Seung-ho as a woman named Lee Ga-eun who falls in love with Yoo’s character, despite her original intention of taking revenge on him.

The drama was described as a “factional” period drama, taking inspiration from actual historical figures from the Joseon Dynasty in the 1700s. Yoo will play the character of the Crown Prince who must fight against an organization that privatizes water over the eight provinces.

“Yoo will play a character that becomes a ray of hope for his suffering people, and is ready to accept death for the love of his life,” said the drama’s producers in October. The crew said they will enter into the filming stage of production as soon as the entire cast is confirmed.

Kim originally debuted as a child actress for short drama specials on KBS. She achieved mainstream success after starring on the explosively popular MBC drama “Moon Embracing the Sun” in 2012.

By Chung Jin-hong  | korea joong ang daily

@czakhareina
when come to saeguk.. i am very concern with the link to which historical figure... even if they go taking 'inspiration' from historical figures and make it Factional... did i see wrongly Factional? is it suppose to mean Fictional? actually i preferred they play with scriptwritting- liberty and morph a little from historical events and characters,.. then they take just something from web-toon... eg. they filled in the imaginary events or romances into those unknown years of real historical people.,.. like adding romances or fights or spiced up assassinations... then to create a total new fictional characters.

so, now my concern is which Crown prince is Yoo acting as? definitely Ga Eun is fictional right? but nevermind.
wow.. it be news if really Yoo has a part in handpicked KSH out.. that i can bet the chemistry they will have... .oh dear am i supose to delulu about their skinship scenes..... even before they even start acting together in a first scene.
someone mentioned here, that a successful drama, actor contribute to 30% while production 70%... i couldnt agree more..  while the proportion i may differ a little to 50 to 50.... may a lousy writing script can ruin everything and handicap the actor skills... but the script at second half lost direction and been sway by fans demands... or spin too fast without explaining many risen questions leaving too many plotholes, and at second half no time to address the questions... all these contribute to the script has a total change direction or pace affected by script writer lost and affected by fans' demand and ranting. and i heard sometimes director anyhow cut scenes away from what the writers wrote....
hope this will not happened in Ruler. (recent case of W 2 world. director cut certain scene away from writernim, when the first half enchanted you, and a major pivotal turn which make the characters 'changed their nature or characters' at second half... the pace is diff. and fans can't help ranting..... when all the question can't be answered with much too little times given at second half...  i loved W dearly , so it is painful to watch how some are disappointed with the writing. Hope with 20 ep in the bag.. .Ruler has enough times to tell his story, and Casts has enough time to build up chemistry and screen times given.
so yes, Script writing act as the Brain, Director support as the vitals and bones... . while actors all are the senses.. the eyes, ears, mouth that tell the story of what the brain want to say.  but we fans, must first and foremost , be a willing audience, slow to rant, slow to angry, slow to demand... READY to listen, to watch, to feel. to forgive... more to appreicate.

side note; hope that there is no second lead syndrome kind of ship wars in this dramas. i have enough of seeing two ships arising out of one single dramas.. and making two leads fight over one girl or two girls fight over one hunk.... if a story is profoundly written, there is no need for tirangle relationship to angst, to cause jealousy, and NOBLE IDIOCY !

• Like 8