[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

http://www.kpopchannel.tv/yoo-seung-ho-back-crown-prince-lee-seon-new-mbc-tv-series/?v=0f177369a3b7

Yoo Seung Ho is back as Crown Prince Lee Seon in new MBC TV series!

BY mrkpop

yoo-seung-ho-is-back-as-crown-prince-lee-seon-in-new-mbc-tv-series-2

Almost a year since his last drama project “Remember,” Yoo Seung Ho will be returning to the small screen in his next lead role.

“Ruler-Master of the Mask,” scheduled to air on MBC early next year, will be a period romance drama, where Yoo will take the role of 18th-century Joseon prince Lee Seon who fights for justice against the powerful and wealthy officials in an attempt to take back power and control of his country.

The new 20-episode fantasy epic series is expected to give the 23-year-old actor a fresh and stronger image. “I’ve been attracted to the drama’s tightly built plot and the role of Lee Seon. Through the drama, I plan to give a different image,” Yoo said in a statement."

(Hong Si-wan, Seoul )

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/12/2016 at 10:33 AM, alekaonu said:

Gomawo @irilight chingu for the shoutout. I adore Yoo Seung Ho, so this drama is on my list :)

Now my turn to invite my gang here @moodypie @rain719 @emme85 @heartoppaya @delfin @Mau_Cherry @ruzikie @dnkt @plappi @jeonghyang @ohoheli @andy78 @dimples21 @awsparkle @SeGafanlady @Jillia

@alekaonu -thanks for the invite.Will give it a shot. Good to hear from you

Well, I did say  I wanted actually to see YSH with Ji Sung in drama together. But that's probably not gonna happen.. obviously, but  maybe in the future. fingers crossed.. For now. I hope with his  brilliance, he'll be nominated and win best actor.. and I mean real best actor award ( okay either he or Ji Sung.  But  hope it's him cos it's about time). Ha ha wow,  we're just in the casting news and already I'm thinking of awards. LOL. My confidence in YSH! that's how good I think he is.

I'm not into period historical dramas, I rarely ever watch.  but YSH, I'm not gonna miss his acting skills.  I'll be here for this drama.  Please dramagods, a good female lead with  good acting skills to match his acting skills.. Who do you think will be? just curious

On 11/1/2016 at 1:37 PM, jongski said:

Well, I did say  I wanted actually to see YSH with Ji Sung in drama together. But that's probably not gonna happen.. obviously, but  maybe in the future. fingers crossed.. For now. I hope with his  brilliance, he'll be nominated and win best actor.. and I mean real best actor award ( okay either he or Ji Sung.  But  hope it's him cos it's about time). Ha ha wow,  we're just in the casting news and already I'm thinking of awards. LOL. My confidence in YSH! that's how good I think he is.

I'm not into period historical dramas, I rarely ever watch.  but YSH, I'm not gonna miss his acting skills.  I'll be here for this drama.  Please dramagods, a good female lead with  good acting skills to match his acting skills.. Who do you think will be? just curious

@jongski haha. i am checking daily to see update on who's the female lead.
1. must pray for female lead that can act well, and not just pretty and young and popular, above all, give him a female lead that he himself must click and like, then i can start shipping him and his new girl, how nice even to think of it.
2. must pray for good script that don't make Yoo's character shine, not needed to make him super good, instead make him with weakness and see how he overcome, hopefully bring out his special skill in melodrama, he is super good in melodrama.
3. must pray for Yoo to have a break thru performance that surprise even himself, that outdo whatever he did in past, hopefully become his Second Coming Back drama that can be named as his Signature act, so that he can break free from National Brother kinda of little boy image.

@maryofbethany YSH is 23 right? so it has to be same  age or couple of years younger that's got acting skills. I don't want someone older than him. Who do you have in mind? There's this young star  Angry Mom I like and acted well briefly but dunno her name. She's good.  Or maybe be Jung Da Bin??? ( she did period drama Flower in Prison and will appear in another Sageuk.. as Joo Won's little sister in remake of My Sassy Girl). I can't really think of others 'cept the usual 3 young Kim'.

And for the nt time.. I'll say it again..YSH acting  is excellent! Can't wait for update.

11 hours ago, jongski said:

@maryofbethany YSH is 23 right? so it has to be same  age or couple of years younger that's got acting skills. I don't want someone older than him. Who do you have in mind? There's this young star  Angry Mom I like and acted well briefly but dunno her name. She's good.  Or maybe be Jung Da Bin??? ( she did period drama Flower in Prison and will appear in another Sageuk.. as Joo Won's little sister in remake of My Sassy Girl). I can't really think of others 'cept the usual 3 young Kim'.

And for the nt time.. I'll say it again..YSH acting  is excellent! Can't wait for update.

@jongski hahha. talk to you at week end. now my place is 2am mid night.. i have an institution's crucial event tomorrow.. i am getiting tired.. whole night i was 'solving certain problems'...  now too tired to think, running a flu now even. Reply u @ weekends. .
hahah. i actually posted some reply back at Yoo Seung Ho's soompi forum thread when Berou and me were talking about who is better to work with him... My shallow thoughts:
i think Kim YooJung or Kim SooHyun or Nam Ji Hyun, or Park BoYoung is fine.
talk on Sat.
God bless u. 

Ahhh,it's mad crazy how i'm anticipating 2017 just to have Yoo Seung Ho back on my screen...Can't wait for this project,hope the cast will be strong and i'm quite curious who will be his arch enemy by now,as there are so many strong senior actors,i must say i really want to see this the most,the upcoming strong performances that sure will be delivered...Let 2017 be Yoo Seung Ho's year!

Yassss, I read that Kim So Hyun is going to be paired up with Yoo Seung Ho in this new drama. KSH's wish came true as she wished to work with him since they met on the set of 'Missing You' (they never had a scene together). Excited! :D

Also, this pairing is so similar to Kim Yoo Jung and Park Bo Gum, heh. Well, 6 years apart but it's trendy these days

100.jpg

Actress Kim So-Hyun is cast in upcoming MBC period drama series “Ruler: Master of the Mask” co-starring Yoo Seung-Ho.

For the drama series, Kim So-Hyun will play lead female character Lee Ga-Eun. Her character is the daughter from a military family. She has a strong sense of justice and high intelligence. Lee Ga-Eun attempts to take revenge on Crown Prince Lee Sun (Yoo Seung-Ho), who beheaded her father, but she falls in love with him.

“Ruler: Master of the Mask” airs sometime next year in South Korea.

cre:asianwiki

DEAR ALL,
this is my list of the younger actresses that can actually act well, have enough acting experiences and acted many years or many dramas before, and so far gain praises for their role:

1) Kim So hyun (TOP 3)
also another child actress.. okay, about 10 yrs acting history also? wow.. because she can act diff genre.. and look quite mature.. you should watched her Who are you, school 2015... very convincing done.. portrayed successfully a twin with diff natures...she did won a Couple award with Yook Sungjae , and nominated with Nam Joo-hyuk . means this girl can act romantic scenes and make it believable. think she won lesser award than KYJ, but her role alone in Who are you, is enough to prove herself.... anyway she gotten Best New Award from KBS for 'Who are you'. very promising young talent!

2) Kim Yoo Jung (TOP 3)
won Best Young Actress award before. acting as Han Hyojoo's both characters in Iljimae and Dongyi, hahaha. also she won  all those young star awards for Moon embracing the sun.... with almost 10 yrs acting.. okay, she's nice. i just hope he has just someone that can act well, and convincing that she can be deeply in love and sacrifice for love, and selfless.

3) Nam Ji-hyun (TOP 3)
another girl that acted for about 10 years, but she is so 'plain and simple' till i almost forget about her. i guess she goes thru the simple un-glam route. well, her "What Happens to my family" does shine. like the rest child-actors / teen-actresses, she won quite a handful of Best New Actress or Young Actress... But she also won a Best Couple with Park Hyung-sik . she's refreshing and decent. at present still doing her best always style at Shopholic Louis, present airing.

(Park Bo-young, given that she acted with him at some advertisements, and she is very well liked, her Oh My Ghostess has such good reports. i guess she is as good as Nam Ji Hyun to share my Top 3 on the list i wanted for co leads with Yoo.)

(Moon Geun young, i will kick myself for forgetting this girl. not because she is pretty, not because she is young (well, she looked pretty young for a 29 yrs old). But she has the most shinning history beside the all-too-luminous Park Shinhye, Moon GY deputed at 1999. But her moment came at Autumn in my Heart. i grew up crying over her, my Kdrama history from young started crying over her (the young version of Song Hyekyo in Autumn in my Heart.)

later add-on: (haha. i posted this, without reading the top posts of Kim So Hyun chosen, and knowing the cast was decided.) only when i entered and posted then saw the amazing news. i am excited how does Yoo feel about her acting with Yoo. )

18 minutes ago, Vo Ki Trieu said:

Actress Kim So-Hyun is cast in upcoming MBC period drama series “Ruler: Master of the Mask” co-starring Yoo Seung-Ho.

For the drama series, Kim So-Hyun will play lead female character Lee Ga-Eun. Her character is the daughter from a military family. She has a strong sense of justice and high intelligence. Lee Ga-Eun attempts to take revenge on Crown Prince Lee Sun (Yoo Seung-Ho), who beheaded her father, but she falls in love with him.

“Ruler: Master of the Mask” airs sometime next year in South Korea.

cre:asianwiki

@Vo Ki Trieu thanks so much, i was waiting for this new, google almost daily for this. wow.. when i stop google last night, this news appear. how sweet...  Kim So-Hyun should be suitable, because she has tons of acting experiences in past, she proved herself in 'Who Are you, School 2015' acting 2 roles, the passive gentle twin and her more agressive and strong will sister... very promising girl.
i am happy, given that this girl was known to like Yoo when she met him at the set of I Missed You, Reporter asked them to take photo together, she was so shy until Yoo asked her, that she make him shy also.... hahaha. so cute.

Kim So-Hyun

2 hours ago, evelynray said:

Yassss, I read that Kim So Hyun is going to be paired up with Yoo Seung Ho in this new drama. KSH's wish came true as she wished to work with him since they met on the set of 'Missing You' (they never had a scene together). Excited! :D

Also, this pairing is so similar to Kim Yoo Jung and Park Bo Gum, heh. Well, 6 years apart but it's trendy these days

@evelynray hahaha. i take it that your blog will be recapping this right? am looking forward to read your posts.

@Berou my good yoopies.
@ilwoo_aein  @grayheart_6  @Berou @ai_1289 @paperboat @Miyeon @mimi1289 @chelleshawol

we are so happy, yes, KSH is really worth it, she's an experienced actresses, not just a "pretty-young-popular" idol. she does act well.

cr.MissYura

so matching right? finally i can see traces of possibilities of shipping Yoo with one great actress. i have always wanting to ship Yoo with some worthy girls and don't want to see him died or lost memories at the end of the dramas, but we want him to kiss the girl and happily ever after. neither do we want Open ending.
Writernim, pls before even the starting of your writing, don't ever let Yoo end up in tragedy  at the end of the drama please. he has enough Sad Ending for all his past few dramas, from 'Warrior Baek DS' to 'I Missed You', 'Remember War of the Son', ... etc. you can make him cried for 15 eps, but make him end smiling and kissing SoHyun at the end of the drama, ok!
for once, HAPPY ENDING please!!!!!

37 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

DEAR ALL,
this is my list of the younger actresses that can act well, have enough acting experiences, and so far gain praises for their role:

1) Kim So hyun (TOP 3)
also another child actress.. okay, about 10 yrs acting history also? wow.. because she can act diff genre.. and look quite mature.. you should watched her Who are you, school 2015... very convincing done.. portrayed successfully a twin with diff natures...she did won a Couple award with Yook Sungjae , and nominated with Nam Joo-hyuk . means this girl can act romantic scenes and make it believable. think she won lesser award than KYJ, but her role alone in Who are you, is enough to prove herself.... anyway she gotten Best New Award from KBS for 'Who are you'. very promising young talent!

2) Kim Yoo Jung (TOP 3)
won Best Young Actress award before. acting as Han Hyojoo's both characters in Iljimae and Dongyi, hahaha. also she won  all those young star awards for Moon embracing the sun.... with almost 10 yrs acting.. okay, she's nice. i just hope he has just someone that can act well, and convincing that she can be deeply in love and sacrifice for love, and selfless.

3) Nam Ji-hyun (TOP 3)
another girl that acted for about 10 years, but she is so 'plain and simple' till i almost forget about her. i guess she goes thru the simple un-glam route. well, her "What Happens to my family" does shine. like the rest child-actors / teen-actresses, she won quite a handful of Best New Actress or Young Actress... But she also won a Best Couple with Park Hyung-sik . she's refreshing and decent. at present still doing her best always style at Shopholic Louis, present airing.

(Moon Geun young, i will kick myself for forgetting this girl. not because she is pretty, not because she is young (well, she looked pretty young for a 29 yrs old). But she has the most shinning history beside the all-too-luminous Park Shinhye, Moon GY deputed at 1999. But her moment came at Autumn in my Heart. i grew up crying over her, my Kdrama history from young started crying over her (the young version of Song Hyekyo in Autumn in my Heart.)

@maryofbethany Sohyun actually debuted later than other child actresses and she barely had her 7 year anniversary this year. In I Miss you, she was like 3 years into her debut and that's when she started getting popular. So obviously she's not as experienced as KYJ or Nam Ji Hyun (they've been acting like their entire lives), but she's a great actress nonetheless. She's good at differentiating every character she plays and  very good at playing headstrong characters, which this role seems to call for. Never imagined that Harry and little Lee soo yeon would be reuniting like this though lol.

BTW I checked daum, naver, daum, etc.and Knetz were obviously super happy about the casting. I'm just worried about the production, directing, writing, etc. I can't find any information about the screenwriter so he or she must be a newbie?

here's another well made fan video

http://onehallyu.com/topic/397019-interview-kim-sohyun-mentions-that-she-wants-to-work-with-yeo-jingoo-and-yoo-seungho-again/

Kim Sohyun, "Jingoo oppa & Yoo Seungho oppa, I want to meet them in a project."

20160915000570_0.jpg

"Because my work has just ended, I'm going to think about my next work while I'm taking a rest. I want to do a bright, fun, and bouncy romantic comedy or a youthful and exciting role."

Kim So-hyun mentioned the actors she wants to meet in a project, which are her fellow child actors Yeo Jin-goo and Yoo Seung-ho

"I'm watching a rerun of the drama 'I Miss You' these days. I want to meet Jingoo oppa or Yoo Seung-ho oppa again who I met in 'I Miss You'. I came out together with Jingoo oppa in 'I Miss you' when I was in 1st year of middle school, but I've heard this idea about how awesome it would be if we are together again (T/N: appear together again in a project?). Seungho oppa had appeared when I was moving on from a child actor to an adult actor. I want to work with them again someday."

(trans. cr: sohyunxjingoo)

original site here

@an05 haha. i can see that you are her fan... i was impressed by her at Who Are You. at one particular scene, she acted two twin sister. and both "sisters' are sleeping on the bed, one is the passive gentle one selfless one, the other is the strong willed one with fighting spirit one, yet both are talking on the bed, and goosh, i almost forget there are only One Kim Sohyn acting the twin roles, i actually have the feelings of two person acting together.. this girl will grow up in very promising way, if she continue to pick her role well to gain experiences. she is definitely not the usual 'pretty-young-popular' actress, i think she can portray Ga Eun well, she is fierce and aggressive as the stronger willed sister in Who Are you.

8 minutes ago, quockhanh45 said:

I don't really like MBC at all. I think it will better if this drama stills with SBS. Really curious why SBS failed to consider this drama.

Personally not a big fan of MBC either. But aren't they more known for sagueks?  if it was a modern drama I would have preferred SBS. I'm honestly more worry about the writer. There's like no information on him or her... the director is okay I think. I didn't really like Shine or Go Crazy and two weeks (which he directed) but I didn't hate them or anything. 

Archived