Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

On 10/12/2016 at 2:32 AM, irilight said:

Thank you @Go Seung Ji for starting the thread, and for all the posts.

Excited for this drama.  For Yoo Seung-Ho and the story line. Sounds relevant in even in today's environment.

Waves also to @_Nachan07 and @jongski

Shoutout to @ororomunroe, @valsava, @suchadiva42, @jadecloud, @evie7, @LavelyShai, @liddi, @alekaonu, @UnniSarah, @bebebisous33, @MaknaeC, @Kasmic

@irilight YAY! Another sageuk to watch. Thanks for the shoutout. I'll check this out for sure. :wub:

Hello everyone :) And thanks @Go Seung Ji for this thread. Boy, you've been on a roll re new threads, haven't you? Cheers.

On 10/12/2016 at 0:54 PM, valsava said:

@irilight Thanks for trhe shout out and Hello everyone, I like to send one out to @gerrytan8063  This would be a drama he also would be interested in.. 

@valsava I'll join ya in shouting out to @gerrytan8063 Am sure he'll love this drama too. We gotta have another sageuk fix after FIP, don't we all? :glasses:

• Like 9

On 10/14/2016 at 10:03 AM, gerrytan8063 said:

@valsava

" I like to send one out to...This would be a drama he also would be interested in.. "

If this drama follow the same recipe like the drama Daebak.....I am not watching

Oops, you're here already.

I haven't watched Jackpot. Perhaps some time in the future. But what's so bad about it that a sageuk lover like you would be so disappointed in? Pray tell.... juseyo...  

• Like 5

@jadecloud

"I haven't watched Jackpot. Perhaps some time in the future. But what's so bad about it that a sageuk lover like you would be so disappointed in? Pray tell.... juseyo..."

I leave you to be the judge of that......I tend to avoid drama scripted by Kwon Sun Gyu (권순규).

• Like 5

This is definitely on my to-watch list! Because it's Yoo Seung Ho! I am glad that this is going to be a pre-produced drama so that I won't hear a news of ysh live shooting. But I still wish he chose a happier project. D: 

Besides that, i think it'd be interesting to watch another historical drama. Yes, I know there have been too many saeguks this year! 

Thank you, @maryofbethany, for mentioning me here! 

• Like 7

CR: KSTAR News Coverage

8 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@jadecloud

"I haven't watched Jackpot. Perhaps some time in the future. But what's so bad about it that a sageuk lover like you would be so disappointed in? Pray tell.... juseyo..."

I leave you to be the judge of that......

Aish. Ok... no prob. Thanks for your reply.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@jadecloud

I leave you to be the judge of that......I tend to avoid drama scripted by Kwon Sun Gyu (권순규).

@gerrytan8063 hi, i jump in to chat... huh, that Kwon sun gyu you mentioned, wrote Warrior Baek DongSoo right? i thought that was good, huh.. but of cause i the acting skill of Yoo Seung ho and Ji changwook combined may be the "X-Factor" behind the success.... i only don't like his other 2 script, Jackpot and Goddess of Fire (which actually did make Moon Geunyoung and Kim Beom become a real couple. ) so this is going to be under Kwon Sun Gyu's hand? Jackpot under SBS, and SBS don't do good sageuks . Sageuks are MBC's specialties. Both Warriror BDS and Goddess of FIre is under MBC. thank God Ruler MotM is under MBC.

anyone know Park Hye Jin wrote what drama before? some times the Writer is even more important than the director.

• Like 4

On 10/14/2016 at 8:03 AM, gerrytan8063 said:

@valsava

" I like to send one out to...This would be a drama he also would be interested in.. "

If this drama follow the same recipe like the drama Daebak.....I am not watching

LOL Come On @gerrytan8063 I don't think it would be like that If it do follow that format I will join you also and not watch it..I'm just interested to see what YY dad life was like before and after he became the CP.. 

On 10/14/2016 at 4:02 PM, maryofbethany said:

@gerrytan8063 is there a drama call Daebak? who acted? curious to know. i watched saeguk a lot, some dump half way though, i can't remember got Daebak?

The drama Royal Gambler aka jackpot ..

@jadecloud & @gerrytan8063  FIP is such a let down.. This one has to be better 

• Like 3

On 16/10/2016 at 10:48 PM, evelynray said:

This is definitely on my to-watch list! Because it's Yoo Seung Ho! I am glad that this is going to be a pre-produced drama so that I won't hear a news of ysh live shooting. But I still wish he chose a happier project. D: 

Besides that, i think it'd be interesting to watch another historical drama. Yes, I know there have been too many saeguks this year! 

Thank you, @maryofbethany, for mentioning me here! 

@evelynray usually when i am engrossed with engrossed with a drama 101%, i will be addicted to reading recaps to find out the diff views, sometimes it takes diff bloggers or recappers to point out diff views or characters analysis that are interesting, a lot of things to learn from recappers, there's always areas where all can agree to disagree, even if ideas are diff.
edramaclouds, one of my fav. was hoping it will be reviewed there. happy you'll be hoppin on.

@valsava what is FIP.... ? yes there's a lot of factor when it comes to drama, not just picking the best Actor. the Actor is the Eyes and voice or tears or smile that tell the story. the Writer is the Brain that lead the whole body. while Director and the rest of the crews function as other vitals... without all these Brain (writer) and Director ... no matter how good is Yoo, it will be wasted talent.

Yoo's drama will have fierce challenge with Lee 'YoungAe's Saimdong, Light's Diary' (SBS) which will be airing from Jan to April (Wed / Thur), both saegeuk. Ruler will also be Wed / Thur... wow.. there shalt indeed 'be blood shed' (at rating war).

• Like 4

2 more articles about the Still Waters run deep actor Yoo:

Yoo Seung Ho turned 23 years old, and Offered Lead Role, in Fantasy Sageuk, Ruler - Master of the Mask.
written by ockoala
http://koalasplayground.com/2016/08/16/yoo-seung-ho-turns-23-years-old-and-offered-lead-role-in-fantasy-sageuk-ruler-master-of-the-mask/#more-76406

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/ockoala/Yoo%20Seung%20Ho/wha2.jpg
(finally something from Koala playground. always interested in what they say as intro.)
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/ockoala/Yoo%20Seung%20Ho/wha.jpg
(cr. koala playground)

• Like 7

Yoo Seung Ho’s “Ruler-Master of the Mask” Courting MBC as the Network of Choice

yoo-seung-ho2

Ahhhh this is casting news of the week. I don’t even know where to start with this, since there is so much development in such a short amount of time. First, Yoo Seung Ho (“Remember”) has officially been added to “Ruler-Master of the Mask.” Second, the drama is reportedly still being shopped around, however sources are saying that the series will most likely end up on MBC, since it has added PD Sohn Hyung Sik (Shine or Go Crazy).

The Segeuk drama is a story about a powerless 18th century Crown Prince, who fights against a group of powerful and wealthy officials in an attempt to take back power and control of his country. The series is currently being considered for the Wednesday/Thursday time slot and will  begin shooting sometime in December for a premier date in March.

The actor is definitely not an easy guy to get for a drama. Since wrapping up “Remember” earlier in the year, he has been offered countless leading roles, including the soon to be premiering “The Man Living in Our House.” Obviously this historical drama has something that peaked his interest, and that makes me very interested as well. I am waiting patiently for more news on this project.

(there was an article i posted just now, found that it was an old article, so i took down and replace by this. since i don't know how to completely delete an existing article.)

• Like 9

0oh nice gonna follow this thread hehe thanks for calling me

do we know whos the female lead yet?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, miye0n said:

0oh nice gonna follow this thread hehe thanks for calling me

do we know whos the female lead yet?

it's been a while nice to see you here, it's funny how as soon as YSH makes his return, his fans come out from  hibernation haha. For now no info about cast, characters or the writer. the PD is the now who directed shine or go crazy  and two weeks ,  it's likely to be broadcasted on mbc.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Berou said:

it's been a while nice to see you here, it's funny how as soon as YSH makes his return, his fans come out from  hibernation haha. For now no info about cast, characters or the writer. the PD is the now who directed shine or go crazy  and two weeks ,  it's likely to be broadcasted on mbc.

i thought i was gonna die from waiting for news of ysh T_T

• Like 3

im also hoping the actress will be either han hyo joo, kim jiwon, kim so eun, or oh yeon seo, shes charming.

• Like 5

:)  Hi Everyone!  This sounds like a promising upcoming drama and it helps that the lead actor is one of my fav!  Definitely keeping an eye out for this.  Hope to hear more exciting news as we approach the day it premiers. 

I can't wait!  

• Like 2

On 10/18/2016 at 11:33 AM, miye0n said:

im also hoping the actress will be either han hyo joo, kim jiwon, kim so eun, or oh yeon seo, shes charming.

@Berou @miye0n @jongski the female lead is at present the most crucial matter of great importance ... so far, Yoo has yet to have produce a uniquely signature OTP that everyone deem as his personal Best Couple- castings thus far. really hope even if they throw in a noona romance, it shall be something like a saegeuk version of 'I Can Hear your Voice", throw in a slightly more mature but still believable female that can act very well... hope for once, stop casting in "Pretty/Young/Famous" idol-stars as lead, but someone even Yoo can oozed chemistry off scenes, in bts moments, someone Yoo can like in his own personal being, that he enjoy sizzling up with during the bts moments. i want Yoo to fall in love like in real life. the real life experience. (funny thing is whenever i googled, about Yoo and couple shipping, its always Yoo as Woon in Warriro Baek Dongsoo, him and ji Changwook in 'tragic romantic fan art")... ok, i think i really want a real OTP shipping of Yoo with a believable girl please.

i guess most of us, has our own diff ways of passing his oft times Hibernation period. (esp the sunbaes yoopies who follow him for a long time, i am not very long). and i guess truth be told, that many of us does not have just one single Favourite Star, some has a few, so while he hibernated to rest and chose his projects wisely. maybe because Yoo unlike other Stars that he alone don't have any social sites, (no instagram, twitter, facebook...etc.), so when he hibernate, we also go hibernate while waiting for him. no choice.  its good for us also, so we can also watch the other favourite Actors that we liked also, since some of us already attain noonas-status, we should have some other Favourite Actors/actresses, instead of just one only. But Yoo is unmovable, he still stick to his gun, refused to use social sites to woo fans. But it shall always be the same case, when he scale the summit and torch his beacon, we will gather from 4 corners, as usual.
miye0n, didn't know you also like Han Hyojoo. both Han Hyojoo and Park Minyoung are my favs. Minyoung already acted with him, and HHJ.. have a feeling it won't happen !

• Like 5

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/274165/20161017/yoo-seung-ho-star-crown-prince-upcoming-period-drama-ruler-master-mask.htm

upcoming period drama 'Ruler - Master of the Mask'
By Carlo Rodriguez | October 17
Actor Yoo Seung Ho High Cut Magazine Vol. 156 Photoshoot Fashion

It had only been a year since actor Yoo Seung Ho was seen in the small screen but a year may seem like a lifetime for devoted fans who are anticipating the return of their beloved actor. Luckily for his fans though, Yoo Seung Ho will be gracing the television screen once again as he stars in the upcoming period drama 'Ruler: Master of the Mask."

It should be known that Ruler: Master of the Mask has not been finalized as the series' final title as of yet but according to reports, it will be a historical melodrama which is set in the 18th century. Here, Yoo Seung Ho will play the role of a crown prince who becomes the hope of the people as he battles a powerful secret organization that has been controlling the country from behind the scenes. The said organization has attained power and wealth by greedily privatizing water, an already scarce resource in the country, thus making the people suffer. Get ready to watch Yoo Seung Ho's character strive through the challenges and grow into the kind of ruler his people need him to be. 

Yoo Seung Ho will be starring as a crown prince in upcoming drama Ruler: Master of the Mask.

Reports say that the period drama wasn't the only offer that the 23-year old had received. However, he chose to accept the role as he had been captivated not only by the script but by the character he has been chosen to play as well. In preparation for his role, Seung Ho would have to strengthen his body as well as gain a good understanding of his character. 

The 23-year old actor was captivated by the script as well as the character he will portray.

Yoo Seung Ho isn't new to the acting scene. In fact, he started acting at a very young age and gained prominence in the 2002 film 'The Way Home.' The actor has received various awards and prizes for the roles that he has portrayed over the years from different award giving bodies. His most recent role to date is in the film 'Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River' where he portrayed the titular character. He also played a lawyer with hyperthymesia in the MBC TV series 'Remember - War of the Son.'

Written by Park Hye-Jin, Ruler: Master of the Mask is scheduled to premiere sometime in the first half of 2017 on MBC while filming will begin in December after the roles have been finalized.

• Like 4