[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rewatched the opening of episode 1. So, the poison is made of poppy plus snake poison. In the beginning, it shows a snake being squeezed of its poison, dripping onto the petals and then it was rolled into a ball. DM adds water to it to make it a liquid form and has the King drink it. Therefore, the poison itself is the venom and the poppy flowers  (opium) acts as the symptom reliever. It's a 2 in 1 combination. 

Whoever takes the poison must continue to take it or else, the heart will burst from holding it within the body. The body will suffer from the effects of its poison, like withdrawal symptoms x 10. And the heart will stop painfully. Omg. It's a horrible way to die :(

In regards to the 5 second clip, i think you guys are right. He could have been running and missed GE by a split second. 

7 minutes ago, faye406 said:

@sakura2016

If you listen to the video, there is voice from palace guards, yup, he ran not towards or along the palanquin.. Can you see the building behind?

Is that the palace?

Yup, GE is in the palanquin, the visitor saw GE and CP together.

thank you for clarifications chingu!! :D 

oh yeah I saw it!! the planquin is heading to the palace but our King is running the other way?!! did he find out about Ga Eun becoming the Court Lady andwas heading to confirme it an came across her planquin without realising she was in it?!! :blink: 

19 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@sakura2016 yup, it is fun watching both DM and QD go against each other in a battle of wits. Both have their own methods to achieving their purposes. I think when both QD and DM find out real CP is alive, things are going to get uglier. 

Yes! I love the osts in Ruler. I listen to the osts when writing replies and discussing in here haha. 

Edit:

@faye406 thanks for the clip :) hm, it was indeed really fast. He is in his blue clothes which i believe hasn't worn yet. Also, he ran past the palaquin which i suspect may not be the case of GE. But again, it was very fast. My eyes had never had to scan so fast before lol.

yeah, they may join forces against our King :cold_sweat: but he'll have by them many allies that will help him against them!! :wink:

hhhhhhhhhh that's what I do too!! we're the same!! hihihi

I think he wore it before 

but still can wear it again!! :wink: I think it can be him running to confirm that Ga Eun was leaving to be a Court Lady and bypassed her palanquin without realising she was in it!! 

Hi everyone :D I'm new here, and I used to be a 'silent lurker' :tongue:.

I've seen the short clip above and the comments, and the anticipation is killing me (as if waiting for the next episodes every week isn't enough :wacko:). 

Anyway, nice to meet you all :wub:

hope this isnt off topic. activiate by some of you, went to do a little search (yes, little only, no time) on poppy, which a Monarch so rightly said as opium.
went to VIU Ruler Ep1, at 0:40, discovered it is not just poppy, but DM combined that Poppy with some venom of snake, that means only this poppy can withhold the toxic venom, and that whosoever took this lethal drug (of the combination of 2) needs to constantly take to suppress the venom planted in the body... because i know opium is deadly when overdose in LARGE amount,.. that was how ganglords comtrol and suck people out of the peasants and rich during our ancient times in Asia and everywhere.

but by itself it can't kill ... its more of that snake venom... and our GE can find a cure right.... writernim better write make good use of that, maybe GE and WB both can credit some cure. 

Poppy actually act to suppress the poison in the venom. The monthly dose is not the venom but the poppy itself. Once you don't take the opium in the poppy, the venom will be activiated. GE will need get a dose of that poppy and combine it with some other herb to get the cure. 

CP (back then) may not be able to withhold the power of that poppyvenom drug... since late king was trying all ways to find a decoy to take the initiative .... (quite selfish of him right?). .. i actually wonder to what extend can his immumnization power withstand?
loved that this drama don't tap into supernatural element and start making our Prince/king being a Super Being, even with that special ablities dosnt make him another super being like as in Rebel the protagonist become a Miracle Child... i like it that Seja/Pyeha is still a fresh/blood vulnerable being like us.
seems CP greenhouse has that poppy right? can GE be able to access to that Monthy Supply of poppyvenom and do some research on it... if only she be given more info on everything...

i think the 3rd party that hid in shadow might be the 3rd power that counter the other 2 from QD and DM...
hope this week we can have an answer. can that pot in greenhouse lead Pyeha Sun to find that Hidden Power? Does Sun mom actually know that's such a person who can supply help at crucial hours. my guess: the Pot lead to some evidence against DM, which can't be used sicne the late king at that time need monthly dose, and that pot will lead him to someone that hid the shadow but is powerful.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5838180/how-to-turn-a-pretty-flower-into-one-of-the-most-addictive-drugs-in-the-world

18lq525z8tok5jpg.jpg

How to turn a pretty flower into one of the most addictive drugs in the world

Spoiler

This is, for obvious reasons, not suitable to try at home. Nor possible, since no technique is described in detail. But should you want to add accuracy to your next steampunk story, or entertain/terrify any guests in your garden, allow me to explain just how heroin is made from poppies.

Despite what you may have heard, the seeds of the poppy are not commonly made into opium and heroin. The drugs come from the goo inside the seed pods. When the pods are green and full, slitting the side will cause the pod to 'bleed' a sticky white fluid that quickly turns brown when it's exposed to air. It's firm enough that it can be collected into balls or bricks to be processed into heroin, but opium addicts don't generally have to go that far. They find ways to consume the goo itself.

This is not even remotely a good idea. People get addicted to the opium made from the poppies they grow themselves or buy from stores. They can also, under some circumstances, get arrested and face quite a few years in jail for possession of the flowers, should authorities believe that they are making them into opium products. In fact, even growing them is technically illegal, though having and selling the seeds is not.

Even without an arrest, opium takes a toll on your circulation, which is why opiate users often are cold, feel dizzy, have sallow skin, pass out, and slip into comas. Just as a bonus, opiates take out your respiration, so you're always straining for breath. What's more gauging exactly how potent any one species of opium poppy is is difficult, so it's relatively easy to take too much.

Making heroin is more involved. First manufacturers boil the balls of opium with water. They throw in lime, the same thing that breaks down feces or dead bodies, to take out the organic particles and drop them to the bottom of the pot. The organic stuff was what first caused the discoloration, the browning, of the sap, and so what's left is a white goo on top of the boiling water. This is morphine. It was smoked regularly by the Dutch in the 17th century, and has been used since then.

That's the last stage that's easy. After that, there are many stages to isolating and purifying heroin, all of which need a decent lab. The morphine has to be boiled with acetic anhydride, a fairly common chemical, then the resulting mess has to be cleaned with water and chloroform. In turn, the water and chloroform also have to be stripped away by adding sodium carbonate, to precipitate the heroin. Then charcoal and alcohol are used to get the sodium carbonate away from the heroin. And lastly, the alcohol has to be carefully evaporated.

The better heroin makers then choose to purify it even more. And they had better hope they're better. The last purification involves hydrochloric acid and a process that is volatile enough to explode at any time.

From then on, it's out of the chemistry lab and onto the street, by various means. Although it is not technically legal to grow the specific kinds of poppy that produce opium, the seeds of those poppies are commonly sold, and commonly grown in regular gardens. Right now they seem to exist in a legal twilight, where possibly the growers could be in trouble, but no one cares enough to arrest some lady with poppies in her yard.

9 minutes ago, katherinyyyy said:

I've seen the short clip above and the comments, and the anticipation is killing me (as if waiting for the next episodes every week isn't enough :wacko:). 

hi chingu!! happy you're joining us here to ease the pain of the wait!! :wink: 

:wub: 

cr: owner

Thank you Monarchs.

if it really "so close by yet he passes by her without knowing" kind of scene, then this also mean GE doesn't tell him the time of her departure to the palace...

but this scene was shoot in last week, so I don't think this is for this week episode. The cause why GE in palanquin might be different from what we assume.

Why do I feel like they're shooting Ruler like forever?  they start shooting in last December and now we already in June, but they still need to shoot at least in one month more... it doesn't feel like pre-produce...or this is norm duration compared to the real-time shoot?  btw, this is my first time watching pre-produce k-drama, so my lack watching experience has the effect on my opinion. 

@maryofbethany great analysis! :D yes it is a poison combined of opium (poppy). Earlier, when we first got into this topic, I had to go back and rewatched episode 1 to understand it again haha. Didn't want to confuse myself. Indeed, the poison is the snake venom and the opium is the pain reliever. A 2 in 1 combination. Without the opium/antidote the poison will burst in the heart from having to withhold the poison for so long in the body. It is really a horrible and painful way to die.

I, too, hope GE will use herbal skills to help counter this poison. Snake venom is deadly on its own but seeing that the poppy acts as a reliever, it is very possible to counter its effect. 

Edit:

@faye406 You are welcome chingu :) one thing i have learned about this drama is that none of the scenes are shot in order lol. So, perhaps this scene will not show up until later on which then may make more sense when we see it and perhaps and hopefully it is not as what we think it is. Maybe, he will realize and run back towards the palaquin. It's a thought lol.

In regards to the filming, i believe it takes a while because of having to find time in between everyone's schedule (some may have other events to tend to like photoshoot, cfs, interviews, etc) and beat the odds against weather conditions which can cause delays. Also, it was mentioned that the actress originally to play Giaseang stepped out so they may have had to reshoot some scenes. I also remember others saying that it was a partial pre-production drama which meant they began shooting partially and will continue live. 

not sure if this has been posted before but i love the caption! They found solace in each others arms, awhh:wub:

Is it gonna be a 'missed by a split second' moment?? :(  

20 minutes ago, katherinyyyy said:

Hellooo from a former silent lurker! Glad you joined, its fun out here hahah :) 

3 minutes ago, faye406 said:

Thank you Monarchs.

if it really "so close by yet he passes by her without knowing" kind of scene, then this also mean GE doesn't tell him the time of her departure to the palace...

but this scene was shoot in last week, so I don't think this is for this week episode. The cause why GE in palanquin might be different from what we assume.

Why do I feel like they're shooting Ruler like forever?  they start shooting in last December and know we already in June, but they still need to shoot at least in one month more... it's doesn't feel like pre-produce...or this is norm duration compared to the real-time shoot?  btw, this is my first time watching pre-produce k-drama, so my lack watching experience has the effect on my opinion. 

it can be!! :unsure: I'll go crazy wanting to know what happened!! :blink: hhhhhhh

I watched fully and half pre-produced dramas but Ruler is driving me crazy that's for sure and we can't guarantee what was filmed last week isn't part of of near episodes since they're not filming the scenes in order which makes me full of questions and can't waitto see what's to happen!! :tongue::D 

found this MV :D 

that'll be interesting how it'll be to see that scene when it comes up. how he misses the palanquin. it'll probably be like that moment when he missed GE by a small second when the Water Guy had a sword to her neck. 

The only difference that instead of CP waiting outside the palace for her to come out and see if she's okay. If we're assuming that she's entering the palace in that particular scene - he can't just walk into the palace as freely as he can. 

OMG. That would suck if the whole running to the palanquin but missing his chance was for when he FINALLY DECIDED TO TELL HER THAT HES THE KING. OMG . 

42 minutes ago, katherinyyyy said:

Welcome to the party, chingu! Yes the anticipation of having to wait for upcoming episodes is horrible. That's why i go back to rewatch haha.

Come back to post your thoughts and share with us too :) 

Ruler fighting! 

@googleme aww they did find solace in each other's arms :wub: thanks for sharing. I can watch that scene many times and still go 'awwww'.

and since I'm a crazy person I was looking on where the ice cream truck was and I saw a building that is like the Palace?!! so our King deffinitely inside the Palace for some reason :wink: Ga Eun? a mission against Dea Mok? against the Queen? meet Lee Seon?!!

cr: seungho_0817

cr: owners

@sakura2016 maybe after that split second moment, it has triggered CP(King) to enter the palace formally...

we can see the difference of CP hair between the palanquin scene and with the ice-cream truck which is yesterday...

someone also has noticed that CW's attire also has changed, he wears exactly same like his late father...

8 minutes ago, faye406 said:

@sakura2016 maybe after that split second moment, it has triggered CP(King) to enter the palace formally...

we can see the difference of CP hair between the palanquin scene and with the ice-cream truck which is yesterday...

someone also has noticed that CW's attire also has changed, he wears exactly same like his late father...

yeah it can be but don't think the change in their attire will be permanent since we have them wearing their normal attire inside the palace as well!! or what we saw of the change of their attire on the pic of the ice cream truck is waaay later after Ga Eun entering the Palace since my King and Chung Woon got inside the palace wearing their normal attire as well in another pic!! they are filming inside the Palace here!! :D  

cr: semilelin

good thing is that I'm assured that my King will find/found a way to be near Ga Eun and won't be seperated because of her entering the Palace!! :D 

@ferily chingu, you asked about our drama's position and rating!! :wink: 

cr: sinema911

cr: seungho_0817

Spoiler

cr: owner

have to go now, see you all later hopefully!! :wub: 

@sakura2016 from those pics, i think CP found a way into the palace too :wub: maybe through Master WB's position or through QD (although he has a right to be there in thr first place lol). Chingu, where do you find all these pictures and such? You are always providing to us our daily doses of Ruler posters, gifs, etc :D thanks.

And thanks to everyone who is always posting up pictures, posters, artwork, gifs and bts, too. I have no idea where to find these kind of resources so must depend on you guys :wink::tongue::D

Archived