[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

29 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Agreee. The one with her bangs is an older still that's already been seen in the show. She was in the palace to see Youngja bin/ CP mom.

The one just posted is probably filming from ystd so i assume is another 4 or 5 normal episodes away from what we are currently watching. 

when CP already become the real King :wub: i dont mind 1st night 2 night or whatever night...then i'll die happily :lol::lol: *pardon me

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I in a shippers thread? or an actress thread maybe?I can't tell.

How I wish YSH doesn't have a love interest in this drama.Maybe less noise and more comfortable for others to read.

We might all just be wild guessing and will never see that white hanbok appear on screen hahahahah :lol:

I don't think they will go so far as consumating marriages just cause of KSH's age and image. I have the feeling if marriage with fake CP is on the cards thought... it will be really dragged out. Lets use everyone's time more constructively writer!!

6 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

We might all just be wild guessing and will never see that white hanbok appear on screen hahahahah :lol:

I don't think they will go so far as consumating marriages just cause of KSH's age and image. I have the feeling if marriage with fake CP is on the cards thought... it will be really dragged out. Lets use everyone's time more constructively writer!!

yeah..we just having fun here. dont worry. and we discuss everything here too! :|

chingu @sakura2016 what a nice blog/site u shared! hilarious :lol:

We already know that this drama doesn't film their scenes in order. From the news sources that I've read, the scene where CP saved GE and got hurt was filmed on March 14. While the scene where CP finally confessed about being Chun Soo & their embrace for the ending of ep 16 was actually filmed on April 7th

You can see that the gap between the scenes that were meant to be in the same episode. It seems as if the filming is all over the place. So I think maybe that photo that everybody is talking about is something along the midway point or somewhere near? I don't know. We can't relay on order of filming because it seems the cast & crew are filming all kinds of scenes for months. 

GE in white: --- it is an undergarment, chingus!! I'm saying this based on the tight sleeve ends. And look at the collar too. Very simple, unlike the collar on her mourning clothes.

6 hours ago, lxands said:

Maybe I'm among the minority who believe the  Dowager Queen genuinely wanted to save their royal family & their kingdom from  DM & Pyunsoohwe group's clutches. I may miss something here, but was it the queen who  poison CP's bath during his naming ceremony? Because all I remember it was a certain court lady who pour something into the baby's bath. Also former king received a flower bouquet from DM which implied a  threaten?! So I thought it was DM's doing becos the king refused his demand for the water bureau. Anyway I thought the queen was genuine happy the king finally had a son since she can't give him any. I mean sure there's jealousy but she is still the queen, and will be the prince official mother. ---> I am now almost certain that it is the Queen's doing, switching the normal ink to a poisonous one. Because that court lady switching the ink is Han Sanggong. The same one reporting to her that King LS summoned a girl into the greenhouse. So I think she did work with DM a little bit at one point of time.

Also even if she never see CP's face,  she knows the CP's voice & posture well enuf to notice the different in CP after the king's death. We know this when the moment she heard his voice & seeing his timid posture, she had a flashback meeting the CP before her husband died. She has her own 'ears' too planted around the place, so surely just like DM she has heard abt the king's plan for substitute CP.  Since she knows the real CP all his life, even behind the mask, I'm sure she notice the different.

Another thing, was it just me who feel the queen was pretending with diplomacy when she told HG she likes her, as she's selecting CP's bride, because she knew DM's condition not to have his granddaughter marry a distorted looking man. Remember everyone believe CP's face was scarred because of the poison, until HG came face to face with him & still live to tell. Then after HG came to see the queen saying she wants to be the candidate for the CP's bride, am I the only one who feel that the queen was mocking HG saying even if she likes her, she can't ignore DM's request not to have his granddaughter marry the CP. And I don't believe the queen was so ignorant she didnt notice HG's thread to her. I think she choose to ignore because she has win one point there.  From there I can see that there's no way she's gonna marry off DM's granddaughter to her stepson.

And now here comes GE, the only girl who caught  the present CP's eyes. She was really surprise to know who GE really is. I'm sure she knows GE's father is one of her husband's, the late king's man & his death has something to do with  Pyungsoohwee group & the real CP, seeing the CP himself beheaded her father.  If the queen truly wanted to dethrone her stepson would she tell a girl she just met twice,  regardless who she is? Dethroning a king is one huge crime with death as penalty even if she is the dowager queen herself, especially when the king isnt even her biological son. So somehow I feel as if the queen was just testing GE to see where she stands. Wether she's DM's spy/ people or she's genuinely on her own. ---> She sees GE as someone who has the same enemy as her. She is a cunning one and know who to gain an ally with. She can easily just shift the blame on GE if she is truly found out about dethroning the reigning King. The people would just believe her. Just like how GE's father was wrongfully accused of treason. Anyhow, I don't think she ever thought of King LS as her son, because she knew it was not him behind the mask. ps: I'm not sure, is stepson the correct term to describe their relationship? Any expert on this? 

When queen first look at real CP as he came to her as a peddlar, the first thing that came to her was he resembles her husband. If she really suspect the current king is an imposter then seeing a guy who resembles the late king probably made her even more suspicious especially when the young chief peddlar is daring & determined to bring down DM & his whole organization. And even if he's just commoner he is very confident to even look at the queen right in her eyes, when meeting the queen for the 1st meeting. He's more confident than the timid king. Perhaps that's what give her the idea to dethrone DMvs puppet fake king & to have her own fake king, not knowing he is the real king. At least I hope she's truly on her stepson's side because from my understanding, her family is powerful enuf for DM not to mess with her ---> I'm guessing she probably believed the CP is dead already, the whole family killed on the same night. But I'm sure it won't be long before she figured out the true identity.

Someone mentioned about the link in the relationship chart, that Queen and CP is of enemy? Which page was the relationship chart again? Or can the mods move it to page 1? If Queen is described as CP's enemy, then it is possible that in the end, Queen and DM work together against CP, and CP's ally is the mysterious guy that Gisaeng reports to. But to fight against Queen who has the support of royal army is quite daunting.:fearful:

9 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

hhhhhhhhhhh I'd love that!! :D:lol: and no no marriage plans with the fake king for now at least!! and Kim Soo Hyun turned 18 (19 Koran age) years old so no problem with her age and image concerning kiss or marriage scenes though it will still be not daring scenes for sure but we can have a kiss and a simple cule marriage scenes with our King :tongue::D:wub: 

8 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

chingu @sakura2016 what a nice blog/site u shared! hilarious :lol:

hhhhhhhh yeah I love the blogger's memes too!! :lol::wub: 

True story

True story

yeah that's our feelings right now!! *sigh* hhhhhhhh

It’s the wind, oh who am I kidding.

It’s the wind, oh who am I kidding.

hhhhhhhh never, I can never watch a dramaon public or people will think I'm crazy!! :lol: 

My favorite character, one who doesn’t beat around the brushes.

My favorite character, one who doesn’t beat around the brushes.

my cutie!! I want this cutie kid to keep offering her matchmaking serveses to our OTP since they'll keep needing this kid's help in my opinion!! :smirk:

cr: https://aja-villa.tumblr.com/

16 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

GE in white: --- it is an undergarment, chingus!! I'm saying this based on the tight sleeve ends. And look at the collar too. Very simple, unlike the collar on her mourning clothes.

Someone mentioned about the link in the relationship chart, that Queen and CP is of enemy? Which page was the relationship chart again? Or can the mods move it to page 1? If Queen is described as CP's enemy, then it is possible that in the end, Queen and DM work together against CP, and CP's ally is the mysterious guy that Gisaeng reports to. But to fight against Queen who has the support of royal army is quite daunting.:fearful:

hopefully the mysterious guy is strong enough to form an alliance with CP (dont forget Master WB) then it is possible to defeat DM+QD. 

43 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

It's not too difficult to shoot a scene indicating consummation of marriage in sageuks. Just blow a candle out, like in MLSHR :D and let's hope Goblin Kim Shin will not appear in the room :lol: after all, she used to be his dongsaeng.

Besides, KSH has acted much worse scene against her age and image than just a show of affection/marriage consummation. In "I miss you" she even acted the rape scene very believably.

Lol, now that we will have to wait and see what thr episodes bring us, and after watching the episodes again, I feel really bad for fake King at times. I think the reason why he acts the way he does is because he feels scared that DM will kill him. DM has the power to do that as in the episode when the prisoners were released. DM told LS that he can get a replacement anytime. I think as long as DM holds him with that 'poisoned-need antidote' strategy, fake King will remain intimidated. Look at him. He tried to be a real king and could barely withstand the poison. He took a big risk for the real LS, and was suddenly forced to act his role immediately. I feel really bad for him and hopes that by GE and WB being in the palace, they can find a counter for that poison. Until then, i fear that fake King will continue to be a puppet to DM. He needs those antidote :(

Btw, if i rem correctly, it is not same kind of poison DM used on baby CP right? Because i remember WB said there is no known cure for the poison used on baby CP except the one who made the poison in the first place.

1 minute ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Lol, now that we will have to wait and see what thr episodes bring us, and after watching the episodes again, I feel really bad for fake King at times. I think the reason why he acts the way he does is because he feels scared that DM will kill him. DM has the power to do that as in the episode when the prisoners were released. DM told LS that he can get a replacement anytime. I think as long as DM holds him with that 'poisoned-need antidote' strategy, fake King will remain intimidated. Look at him. He tried to be a real king and could barely withstand the poison. He took a big risk for the real LS, and was suddenly forced to act his role immediately. I feel really bad for him and hopes that by GE and WB being in the palace, they can find a counter for that poison. Until then, i fear that fake King will continue to be a puppet to DM. He needs those antidote :(

Btw, if i rem correctly, it is not same kind of poison DM used on baby CP right? Because i remember WB said there is no known cure for the poison used on baby CP except the one who made the poison in the first place.

I agree. One is drank in the form of liquid, and the other one seemed to be the reaction of ink and bath water.

I still wonder though, what was LS thinking agreeing to delay assembly like Queen suggested, so as to have GE by his side. I mean, you might die, much less see GE, once you infuriated DM who can decide anytime to stop giving you the monthly dose.

Btw chingus, been thinking about HG. Remember how she told Gon (whom we assume had a thing for her) that when CP cries, she will cry too, when CP die, she will die too, then asked Gon to protect him like he would her. Imagine if a similar situation occur with CP -- he tells HG that when GE cries, he will cry too, when GE dies, he will die too. Then asks HG to protect GE like she would him -- do you think she will honor that request of him?..... I said "imagine", because obviously this will never happen in the drama, but just thought it might be fun to discuss.

24 minutes ago, joyspartace_stv said:

We already know that this drama doesn't film their scenes in order. From the news sources that I've read, the scene where CP saved GE and got hurt was filmed on March 14. While the scene where CP finally confessed about being Chun Soo & their embrace for the ending of ep 16 was actually filmed on April 7th

You can see that the gap between the scenes that were meant to be in the same episode. It seems as if the filming is all over the place. So I think maybe that photo that everybody is talking about is something along the midway point or somewhere near? I don't know. We can't relay on order of filming because it seems the cast & crew are filming all kinds of scenes for months. 

Wow they shot those scenes quite far apart. In that case we will have to see what happens in the future episodes :) i won't think too much of that white hanbok for the time being.

@ktcjdramaROFL. Kim Shin!! Maybe he needs to kill the eunuch again too :lol: love the analogy you used there. Oh yes, that scene in I Miss You was well done. It felt so real to me that i literally cursed at the computer. 

@sakura2016 i love those funny blogs too. Always describes how me and my kdramas connect lol.

my post here might contain SPOILER so please skip

last week or last two weeks, I'm scrolling my IG and saw some visitor that uploads his posts with his family. one of the posts contains a video from Ruler's shooting site.

What I can see from the video, there are many royal guards and they are holding a palanquin and I can see CP WALKING/RUNNING ALONGSIDE THE PALANQUIN with his normal attire . not royal robe.... obviously, there is someone in the palanquin which is I thinks, she is GE.. who else? 

because the hashtags things was #ksh #ysh #ruler etc

But I don't think it is wedding ceremony because the palanquin is not fancy and there are almost less or no commoners alongside the road 

Now, I need to find the video asap.. but I don't think I can found it again.. too many to scrolls.

1 hour ago, nurlayla said:

ok i'm scared to death when u mentioned sleep and pregnant TT hope LS not dare to touch GE. really wish they'll just having a conversation like an old friends. so that GE can persuade him maybe...but if that night CP-LS switch place than i dont mind the sleep scene muahahaha *evil laugh

@nurlayla it wont go there, becoz GE herself will not go that path just to seek revenge or even for the noble thoughts of "For the sake of the Nation".
because it does not make sense since the L's fake king is not the chief vilain... even if you find female lead in past drama ''sacrifice' themselves to that extends their own chastily, it is in a final showdown, when that will be the only way to trick the Main Villain, by sacrificing her own virtues and chastity... But since fake king has nothing "secretive' enough to hide in his chamber and he been a mere puppet, and he should NOT have known enough thing to worth placing her as mole beside him... the plot will go south to waste her times planting herself beside fake king in that way.... .
i rather she used her wit and bravery than her 'body' to earn some secrets and help Real Sun.

MBC is committing suicide to the drama is they go that path, to ruin her.
but i also do not want her to be seen hiding in the bed room with L's fake sun, and nothing happen between them, while fooling the maids outside to think they did... and fooling DM ....this is stupid plot-writing again.. because making her the medical hall maid can learn more thing than make her serve in the chamber.... Queen dun know that?

and i damn would not like another ship to start shipping her with L's fake sun, as if like this ship seems more tempting than real Sun and GE... then i will really flip table, laptop, everything.

good plot writing will not find the needs to draw in two second leads trying to find the OTP relationship into a 4 persons-relationship-fighting. you see, both Descendant of the Sun, & Goblin... those recent popular dramas, they do not need to use any second lead to fight for first lead's love, and second leads has their own diff loveline, and both loveline of first OTP and second OTP can surive in the same sky. how nice.
i want to continue like HG and L's fake sun... dun ruin their nice characters who making them go that way. (yes, i do like HG and Fake Sun alot, just that i dun sound it here. )

17 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

--> I am now almost certain that it is the Queen's doing, switching the normal ink to a poisonous one. Because that court lady switching the ink is Han Sanggong. The same one reporting to her that King LS summoned a girl into the greenhouse. So I think she did work with DM a little bit at one point of time.

one more evil doing by the Queen added to my already made list of her acts helping Dea Mok against the late King!! 

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

---> She sees GE as someone who has the same enemy as her. She is a cunning one and know who to gain an ally with. She can easily just shift the blame on GE if she is truly found out about dethroning the reigning King. The people would just believe her. Just like how GE's father was wrongfully accused of treason. Anyhow, I don't think she ever thought of King LS as her son, because she knew it was not him behind the mask. ps: I'm not sure, is stepson the correct term to describe their relationship? Any expert on this? 

yeah, she can easally blame it on Ga Eun and no one will doubt her since she's acting as if she's on the fake King's side while Ga Eun has all reasons to hate him and go against him since he was the one who wrongfully killedher father as everyone knows/thinks!! 

I think she can be called that waysince she's his father's wife and our King calls her by mother something in korean so step mother can work I think!!

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

---> I'm guessing she probably believed the CP is dead already, the whole family killed on the same night. But I'm sure it won't be long before she figured out the true identity.

yeah, she must've knew that from the start, like I said before why kill our CP's mother if he wasn't to be killed too being the only person aside from the late King who can identifie her sonand realise he was switched and thus had to be killed and the Queen's relative must've told her and she must've realise it herself the moment she met the fake CP for the 1st time being nothing close to our CP!!

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

that was me I think!! I said that the Queen was ennemy to the late King and so she's our CP/King's ennemy as well! can't remember the page but here it is the character's chart :) 

the red lign sgnifies the hostility/opposition between the late King and the Gueen as well with Dea Mok and same between our CP and Dea Mok and though there is no lign between the Queen and our CP/King it's safe to assume it's same like between her and his father!! 

yeah going against the Queen won't be easy but by the time he'll reach that point he could've made more allies inside the Palace and maybe can even expose her treason act to dethrone him and maybe even on helping Dea Mok in taking over the Palace 5 years ogo and killing his mother and the late King?!! I hope so!! 

14 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I agree. One is drank in the form of liquid, and the other one seemed to be the reaction of ink and bath water.

I still wonder though, what was LS thinking agreeing to delay assembly like Queen suggested, so as to have GE by his side. I mean, you might die, much less see GE, once you infuriated DM who can decide anytime to stop giving you the monthly dose.

Btw chingus, been thinking about HG. Remember how she told Gon (whom we assume had a thing for her) that when CP cries, she will cry too, when CP die, she will die too, then asked Gon to protect him like he would her. Imagine if a similar situation occur with CP -- he tells HG that when GE cries, he will cry too, when GE dies, he will die too. Then asks HG to protect GE like she would him -- do you think she will honor that request of him?..... I said "imagine", because obviously this will never happen in the drama, but just thought it might be fun to discuss.

Right. I wonder too. He knows he needs the antidote. Perhaps he wanted to show the QD that he can come to her side as she suggested in exchange for her offer of GE in the palace. I felt really sad for him when he literally almost died from skipping that antidote for a few days. And sadder when he says he just wanted to be a true king for once. During those 5 years, he became the puppet king when he is only a commoner. I think all of is too much for him but it is a task he agreed to and will have to bear the burden.

In regards to your question, I think if she loves the CP as she says, she will do it. However, i also think she will do it ONLY if she accepts the fact that her love is not returned and GE is the one whom CP truly loves. Otherwise, she can use her power to an advantage. 

@maryofbethany i agree. MBC will definitely be comitting suicide if a plot like the one you mentioned is to happen. I would be flipping everything with you too. However, we will have to see what is it exactly that the story will do. If it sticks to what the synopsis says, then GE will be the link to our real CP.

9 minutes ago, faye406 said:

last week or last two weeks, I'm scrolling my IG and saw some visitor that uploads his posts with his family. one of the posts contains a video from Ruler's shooting site.

What I can see from the video, there are many royal guards and they are holding a palanquin and I can see CP WALKING/RUNNING ALONGSIDE THE PALANQUIN with his normal attire . not royal robe.... obviously, there is someone in the palanquin which is I thinks, she is GE.. who else? 

But I don't think it is wedding ceremony because the palanquin is not fancy and there are almost less or no commoners alongside the road 

Now, I need to find the video asap.. but I don't think I can found it again.. too many to scrolls.

I hope you'll be able to find it and share with us. Normal attire means Chief Peddler's attire, right? Wow, that means he really didn't know GE is entering the palace as court lady, and possibly trying to stop it.

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

yeah I think different kind of poisons were used for baby CP and Lee Seon!!

I think his need and ove for Ga Eun made him risq dying with hope to haveher by his side!! the Queen was aware of it and played it right!!

I think she would because she can't have him dying even if it breaks her heart...or that's just me being completely dumb to believe that on her!!

13 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@ktcjdramaROFL. Kim Shin!! Maybe he needs to kill the eunuch again too :lol: love the analogy you used there. Oh yes, that scene in I Miss You was well done. It felt so real to me that i literally cursed at the computer. 

@sakura2016 i love those funny blogs too. Always describes how me and my kdramas connect lol.

hhhhhhhhhh everytime I see Hwa Gun's father being week and scared I laugh an evil smile thinking of this as his karma for what he did to Kim Shin, his sister and the King!! :lol: and yeah no blowing candles orif needed than outside the royal room's door!! :lol: 

true!! :D hhhhhhhhh

14 minutes ago, faye406 said:

thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: I'm a fan of spoilers just so you know!! :D hhhhhhhhh

could it be a scene of Ga Eun entering the Palace as the Court Lady for the 1st time?!! I saw something like that in Joseon Gunman when the leading lady was to be a Court Lady too and Lee Jun Ki was looking in dispelieve!! *sigh* 

Archived